You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Joburg Open

Danny Willett 30/1, one of the bigger fish in a small pond this week, has enough course form to match the locals, I like his chances for a top five finish at these odds.

Tommy Fleetwood 66/1, finished 10th in a higher class field at Dubai last week, finished last season strongly and some of his best performances have come in South Africa.

Lorenzo Gagli 80/1, very consistent start to the season, finished 15th last week, could have enough to improve further and make top 5 this week.

Pebble Beach

Mickleson, Johnson and Snedeker at short prices have strong cases for taking 3 of the top 5 places this week, I'm going for a few speculative ew bets. 

Seung-Yul Noh 66/1, Must be getting close to his first win, good performance in Dubai last week.

Steve Marino 75/1, Marino has produced some excellent performances on links type courses and has placed 4th twice in this event. After a long injury layoff, signs are he's getting back to his best, which before injury was knocking on the door for his first win.  Marino at 75/1 is my value bet for the week.

Rafa Cabrera-Bello 100/1, I didnt' expect to see Cabrera Bello in the field, I don't think he's joined the PGA Tour this year, so his participation this week is a bit left field. Anyway He has good links and wind form and has gone low on a number of occasions on the European tour this season. In Europe I think he would be half those odds, so the 3 figure value has hooked me.

Good luck everyone!
  • edited February 2013
    I've had enough of using the stupid predictor thingy to select my bets. Going back to doing my own.

Pebble Beach

Padraig Harrington 2pts e/w @ 28/1

T7 last year along with a top 10 last week suggests he's in for a decent week again. 

Joburg Open

Danny Willet 2pts e/w @ 30/1

Similar reasons as The Dart really. Apart from the obvious Saffers that head the betting it's a weak field.

0.5pt e/w Double @ 898/1

• edited February 2013
    Joburg Open

George Coetzee 9/1 £20

Pebble Beach

Dustin Johsnon 9/1 £20

£10 ew double

Joburg Open

Robert Rock 33/1 £5ew

Pebble Beach

Tim Clark 50/1 £5ew

£5ew double
  • edited February 2013
    i normally like to put up big price live outsiders but ill 'risk' £50 of the cheltenham fund on Dustin at 9's considering its at Pebble. Id like to imagine he'll be there/thereabouts at the business end  

PEBBLE BEACH:       DJ  £50 WIN 9/1
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Pebble Beach + Joburg Open) Year Profit: -38.5pts:
    Joburg Open George Coetzee 9/1 £20 Pebble Beach Dustin Johsnon 9/1 £20 £10 ew doubleJoburg Open Robert Rock 33/1 £5ew Pebble Beach Tim Clark 50/1 £5ew £5ew double
    Posted by shuv
    That bet looks strong, I said I was going to back Coetzee until he won this season and Johnson at Pebble Beach is a force to be reckoned with.

I've had the same double, though not with quite so much conviction as Shuv.
  • edited February 2013
    Well I'm a bit embarrassed with my selections this week! I've not gone for any value really, I have mainly done this for the double!

Joburg Open - Historically, tournaments played in SA are generally dominated by South African's hence my picks this week.

Coetzee  8/1 £5 win only
    Aiken 28/1 £5 win only

AT&T - Backing both my money list guys here, Snedekr is in fantastic form and Johnson has the history.

Snedeker 12/1 £5 win only
    Johnson - 8/1 £5 win only

£1 double

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Phoenix Open + Dubai Desert) Year Profit: -38.5pts:
    Joburg Open Danny Willett 30/1 , one of the bigger fish in a small pond this week, has enough course form to match the locals, I like his chances for a top five finish at these odds. Tommy Fleetwood 66/1 , finished 10th in a higher class field at Dubai last week, finished last season strongly and some of his best performances have come in South Africa. Lorenzo Gagli 80/1 , very consistent start to the season, finished 15th last week, could have enough to improve further and make top 5 this week. Pebble Beach Mickleson, Johnson and Snedeker at short prices have strong cases for taking 3 of the top 5 places this week, I'm going for a few speculative ew bets.  Seung-Yul Noh 66/1 , Must be getting close to his first win, good performance in Dubai last week. Steve Marino 75/1 , Marino has produced some excellent performances on links type courses and has placed 4th twice in this event. After a long injury layoff, signs are he's getting back to his best, which before injury was knocking on the door for his first win.  Marino at 75/1 is my value bet for the week. Rafa Cabrera-Bello 100/1 , I didnt' expect to see Cabrera Bello in the field, I don't think he's joined the PGA Tour this year, so his participation this week is a bit left field. Anyway He has good links and wind form and has gone low on a number of occasions on the European tour this season. In Europe I think he would be half those odds, so the 3 figure value has hooked me. Good luck everyone!
    Posted by TheDart[/QUOTE

had cabrera belo on betfair at 180's! i know its win only but value is massive

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Pebble Beach + Joburg Open) Year Profit: -38.5pts:
    Well I'm a bit embarrassed with my selections this week! I've not gone for any value really, I have mainly done this for the double! Joburg Open - Historically, tournaments played in SA are generally dominated by South African's hence my picks this week. Coetzee  8/1 £5 win only Aiken 28/1 £5 win only AT&T - Backing both my money list guys here, Snedekr is in fantastic form and Johnson has the history. Snedeker 12/1 £5 win only Johnson - 8/1 £5 win only £1 double
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Just done my fantasy team and I have named all 10 as South Africans. :-)
  • edited February 2013
    surely Sterne must be a good bet at 20-1 for joburg, good recent form
  • edited February 2013
    surely Sterne must be a good bet at 20-1 for joburg, good recent form
    Posted by vaigret
    Don't often see u on here Father V???

Why is no one tipping the obvious winner??? Last two events he has played on the European Tour he has won by 23 shots!!! Lives and breathes this course!!! Has shot 61 once and 63 twice here in the past!!! Two time winner here!!! Has been practising at this course since the middle of last week!!! Double him with Dustin at Pebble Beach gives a rock solid 30/1 double.
  • edited February 2013
    I think the fact he is 11/4 in a 140 runner tournament will put most people off. A lot can go wrong on a golf course, and I don't think anyone should ever be that low odds. If you're betting on just the double then it's OK.
  • edited February 2013

think Charl at 3's is way better value than Coatzee at 8's or 9's

• edited February 2013
    FU, now you've made me do a double only with Charl/Dustin and Charl/Brandt. This had better come in :)
  • edited February 2013
    FU, now you've made me do a double only with Charl/Dustin and Charl/Brandt. This had better come in :)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I'll obv expect 10% winging itself my way!!! Lol
  • edited February 2013
    Looks like pretty much everyone is on Mr Johnson to win at Pebble beach. All the bookies must have their fingers crossed this week. lol
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Pebble Beach + Joburg Open) Year Profit: -38.5pts : Don't often see u on here Father V??? Why is no one tipping the obvious winner??? Last two events he has played on the European Tour he has won by 23 shots!!! Lives and breathes this course!!! Has shot 61 once and 63 twice here in the past!!! Two time winner here!!! Has been practising at this course since the middle of last week!!! Double him with Dustin at Pebble Beach gives a rock solid 30/1 double.
    Posted by joesman1
    No mate but strongly fancy Sterne so I thought i would give all you pro's  a tip.

Gone with you and doubled him up with Johnson
  • edited February 2013
    Slightly off the topic of betting... I notice Vijay is in the field and has a confirmed tee-time. What do you all make of that?
  • edited February 2013
    Slightly off the topic of betting... I notice Vijay is in the field and has a confirmed tee-time. What do you all make of that?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I make it that he hasn't done any Deer Hunting the past 7 days lol
  • edited February 2013
    PGA tour fantasy pick thingy is now up and running!

I haven't read much of the rules, but from what I can see, you pick 4 players each week and you get their accumulative prize money, however you can only pick 1 player 10 times over the course of the season... Make sure you leave those big name players for the majors!
  • edited February 2013
    PGA tour fantasy pick thingy is now up and running! I haven't read much of the rules, but from what I can see, you pick 4 players each week and you get their accumulative prize money, however you can only pick 1 player 10 times over the course of the season... Make sure you leave those big name players for the majors!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    As with the European tour fantasy, I've followed you into this one as well.

I'll thank you later ;)
  • edited February 2013
    Skybet have some cracking odds on offer in the 'Without Schwartzel, Grace, Coetzzee and Sterne' market.

I'm on Danny Willett at 20/1 ew 1/4 the odds first 5, which I think is excellent value given he is 25/1 against the field with most bookmakers.

Similar value to be found in the 'Without Mickleson, Johnson and Snedeker' market.

I've taken 33/1 on Steve Marino again 1/4 odds first 5.

Good Luck all!
  • edited February 2013
    I think the fact he is 11/4 in a 140 runner tournament will put most people off. A lot can go wrong on a golf course, and I don't think anyone should ever be that low odds. If you're betting on just the double then it's OK.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Jeez it's actually a 210 runner tournament! How can they get away with putting him up at less than 3/1? Talk about an ego boost!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Pebble Beach + Joburg Open) Year Profit: -38.5pts : Jeez it's actually a 210 runner tournament! How can they get away with putting him up at less than 3/1? Talk about an ego boost!
    Posted by FlashFlush

As u know yourself Charles, might be 210 players, but most of them are ' journeymen' who have zip chance of winning. 

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Humana Challenge + Abu Dhabi HSBC) Year Profit: -9.5pts:
    Well if the PGA tour has told us anything so far this season, it's look out for the rookies! I had a look at the end of the Web.com tour last season and I saw Ben Kohles had won 2 of the last 4 events. I then looked at last weeks results in the Humana challenge and he had shot -10, which isn't great but he was -14 after 54 holes only to shoot a +4 on Sunday and very much stayed under the radar. This came after a solid although not spectacular -7 in the Sony open. Not sure if this week will be his week as there are a lot of top names in the field this week, but depending on his performances I think I may stay with him for a while, because with these rookies, as soon as they get that bink then they will not get to those odds again. PGA Tour Ben Kohles - 300/1 £2 e/w Sang-Moon Bae - 100/1 £2 e/w European Tour Thorbjorn Oleson - 25/1 - £3 win only Scott Jamieson - 66/1 £2 e/w Scott Jamieson seems crazy odds this week. OK he has probably been over achieving in recent weeks, but to be 66/1 when he has been right up there in all the events recently apart from last week could be giving money away. Also did 50p e/w doubles which could be as much as 10k return with those crazy odds lol
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Watch this space... Didn't think of putting $ on him this week as I felt it would be a week for the big names, but I certainly have now
  • edited February 2013
    lol @ posting this and then he goes and bogies the next 2 in a row... oh well still up there
  • edited February 2013
    lol @ posting this and then he goes and bogies the next 2 in a row... oh well still up there
    Posted by FlashFlush
    This just confirms my suspicions, that posting a tip on this thread just jinx's the player. I blame Sky!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Pebble Beach + Joburg Open) Year Profit: -38.5pts : Just done my fantasy team and I have named all 10 as South Africans. :-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    The leaderboard is starting to look very South Africanish, you could be on for a good week!
  • edited February 2013
    Early days in round 3 I have 5 of the top 8
  • edited February 2013
    Early days in round 3 I have 5 of the top 8
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I've got 7 in the top 10, and 9 in the top 16 with 10 holes to go, though I'm sure there will be thousands in the same boat.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Pebble Beach + Joburg Open) Year Profit: -38.5pts : No mate but strongly fancy Sterne so I thought i would give all you pro's  a tip. Gone with you and doubled him up with Johnson
    Posted by vaigret
    You should have doubled him with Snedeker Father V lol. Good shout with 9 holes to go.