You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Just looked at all your teams for the fantasy race 2 dubai and TheDart is on for some serious points this week! He has Wood, Garcia and Coetzee as well as a few others that are going well. Could be on for a weekly prize maybe...
  • edited January 2013
    Drunken 5pts e/w on John Senden @ 40/1

top4 paid
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Farmers Insurance + Qatar Masters) Year Profit: -18.5pts:
    Just looked at all your teams for the fantasy race 2 dubai and TheDart is on for some serious points this week! He has Wood, Garcia and Coetzee as well as a few others that are going well. Could be on for a weekly prize maybe...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Seriously well done Jerome!! He got 7th place for the week and has qualified for the "Top 10 challenge" which can lead to some seriously good prizes. He is now 328th overall as well. Go on my son!!

To put it into perspective of the amount of players in this, I finished 10,646th!
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Farmers Insurance + Qatar Masters) Year Profit: -18.5pts:
    Don't forget everyone, for your fantasy teams and bets, the Qatar Masters starts on Wednesday! (Tomorrow early A.M)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Totally miossed golf this season - is it to late to enter?
  • edited January 2013
    Na, you can enter, you will just be 2 weeks worth of winnings behind everyone else so will make it very difficult on the overall leaderboard. Doesn't matter too much though as you can qualify for prizes by getting top 10 each week.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Farmers Insurance + Qatar Masters) Year Profit: -18.5pts : Seriously well done Jerome!! He got 7th place for the week and has qualified for the "Top 10 challenge" which can lead to some seriously good prizes. He is now 328th overall as well. Go on my son!! To put it into perspective of the amount of players in this, I finished 10,646th!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Vwd mate!! Tough one to beat that this season. 
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks for the congrats on the fantasy points haul this week, I was also on Chris Wood at 100/1, so it was a nice result in more ways than one for me.

Long way to go, but nice to have a place in the 'top 10 challange' locked up, so thanks Flash for the encouragement to enter the competition.

I must explain my absence from the board over the last 2 weeks, I travel overseas quite often with work and in some countries SkyPoker, SkyBet, SkyFantasyFootball etc. are not accessible online, you can't even open the forum pages and lurk!

So if I don't post for a while its not because I'm sulking after a losing weekend, honest!
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks for the congrats on the fantasy points haul this week, I was also on Chris Wood at 100/1, so it was a nice result in more ways than one for me. Long way to go, but nice to have a place in the 'top 10 challange' locked up, so thanks Flash for the encouragement to enter the competition. I must explain my absence from the board over the last 2 weeks, I travel overseas quite often with work and in some countries SkyPoker, SkyBet, SkyFantasyFootball etc. are not accessible online, you can't even open the forum pages and lurk! So if I don't post for a while its not because I'm sulking after a losing weekend, honest!
    Posted by TheDart
    Teach me!
  • edited January 2013
    Wp TheDart^^^

Phoenix Open

The predictor has thrown up the Duff

Jason Dufner 4pts win @ 14/1

Dubai Desert

Can he make it back to back wins?

Chris Wood 2pts e/w @ 33/1

0.5pt e/w Double @ 509/1

Come on the Cobblers tonight! HUUUGE game
  • edited January 2013
    Bit of a mixture this week. European tour I've gone with a solid performer, and someone who is coming back to their best. On the PGA tour someone who I can't believe is such long odds considering recent form and a rookie as Ben Kholes isn't in the field this week...

European

Anders Hansen 33/1
    Alex Noren 30/1
     both £3 win only

PGA

Jeff Overton 80/1
    Casey Wittenburg 150/1
    Both £2 e/w

Also 50p e/w doubles
  • edited January 2013
    Iv also just noticed one of my favourite players from the middle of last year has progressively improved this year and could be set for a win.

Joost Luiten 40/1 £2 e/w
  • edited January 2013
    Dubai Desert Classic

I'm with Flash on my first selection here and am on Alex Noren at 35/1(I have a few accounts and shop around). Noren is a class act and looks to be approaching somewhere close to his best, which would be good enough to take this down.

Next I'm on a favourite of mine Danny Willett at 50/1, his course form / results have improved each time he has played this event and his overall game is on the ascendancy, this year he comes to the event with the added bonus of being in form. The organisers think he is good enough to put him in the same marquee group as Sergio and reigning champion Cabrera-Bello, luckily for me the bookies don't rate Willett to be as good as those two, 50/1 is excellent value.

Finally I've had a speculative dabble on Kristoffer Broberg at 1501/1, making his course debut in his rookie year, this guy won FOUR times on the challenge tour last year and already has a second place finish on the main tour, so signs are if he takes to a course he can have a big week.  He's also big mates with Alex Noren, not a guarantee of a good showing by any means, but it can't hurt to have a mate of Noren's stature on tour.
  • edited January 2013
    Phoenix Open

At like the odds and I like the chances of Aaron Baddley at 60/1, when's he's on form he looks so comfortable, after a quite period he popped back on my radar a couple of weeks ago and seems to be playing well again, consider he is a former winner of this event and I think 60/1 is good ew value.

Next it has to be Graeme DeLaet at 150/1, I say next but DeLaet is my main bet for the week, in fact my biggest bet of the year so far.

DeLaet gave me some nice paydays at good prices in various markets towards the end of last season and it seems the bookies have still not learnt their lesson! After missing the cut in his first event of 2013 he then finished 65th and last week he was a very impressive under the radar 9th.

DeLaets strength has always been his power off the tee, however this year he is showing a 10% improvement on his GIR stats, I know it's early days, but he is ranked 14th on tour for GIR and is also top 20 for proximity to the hole, which are good indicators for the Phoenix Open.

I'd back DeLaet with confidence at 50/1, at 150/1 I wouldn't feel too bad about suggesting to anyone with two quid to spare a £1 ew on DeLaet this week could give them some fun for a few days at the very least!

Last I'm on Nicolas Colsaerts at 50/1, a rookie on the US Tour this year, I fancy if this event was in Europe Colsaerts would be half that price and for me The Phoenix Open with it's lively crowds and relatively easy scoring course is the type of course and event to suit Colsaerts perfectly.

• edited January 2013
    Phoenix Open News

Bo Van Pelt shot 59 in the pro-am on Wednesday, add that he is right up there when it comes to course form stats, Van pelt could be the man to beat this week.

The course obviously suits him perfectly, don't know if he's used all his good shots up in the pro-am, but he looks decent ew value at 35/1 outright and he's in the first group today where early starters can often find an advantage so 40/1 for first round leader also looks good ew value.
  • edited January 2013
    lol id already had me first bet on season on VAN PELT yesterday afternoon first round leader, 10er e/w @ 40's, and have literally just read about the pro am score last nite and course record and now again here from the Dart!!!  ive tipped him up for 2013 Masters since his final round 8 under last year at Augusta!! if only we could keep the weather dry and the greens fast! its been suspended thus far so my gut is its due to heavy rain (though getting no info anywhere online) and greens will play softer as result. hopefully not the case!!!

im not quite sure if its a good thing or a bad thing he went so low yesterday, if that makes sense?? obviously went great at the course which is always a plus but to pull it off 2 days in a row? ah well money down already so well see, come on the mighty Bo-ster!

1st round leader  VAN PELT  40/1  £10 E/W
                             STEELE     80/1  £5E/W
  • edited January 2013
    he hit the pin on a 300 plus yard Par 4, almost aced it!!! id prefer if he kept this breathtaking golf for the real deals!!! cos i know he has it in him 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Phoenix Open + Dubai Desert) Year Profit: -38.5pts:
    lol id already had me first bet on season on VAN PELT yesterday afternoon first round leader, 10er e/w @ 40's, and have literally just read about the pro am score last nite and course record and now again here from the Dart!!!  ive tipped him up for 2013 Masters since his final round 8 under last year at Augusta!! if only we could keep the weather dry and the greens fast! its been suspended thus far so my gut is its due to heavy rain (though getting no info anywhere online) and greens will play softer as result. hopefully not the case!!! im not quite sure if its a good thing or a bad thing he went so low yesterday, if that makes sense?? obviously went great at the course which is always a plus but to pull it off 2 days in a row? ah well money down already so well see, come on the mighty Bo-ster! 1st round leader  VAN PELT  40/1  £10 E/W                          STEELE     80/1  £5E/W
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    It was delayed due to frost
  • edited January 2013
    cheers Flash that aint too bad then im chomping at bit for it to start
  • edited January 2013
    Just done a £3 e/w on Woodland in play. Very early days but he is -3 through 3 and just smashed a bomber down the fairway on a par 5... 25/1
  • edited February 2013
    Ugghh!

Bit of a panful reality check in the fantasy competition for me.

I made a late change to my 10 players and put Kristoffer Broberg in, I knew it was a bit of a gamble, but last week I put the 100/1 winner in my team, so I could obviously do no wrong!

Broberg double bogeyed his last hole today, to miss the cut!

The player I agonised over, before 'dropping' him?

Thorbjorn Olesen, currently leading the tournament, ouch!

Any result but an Olesen win will do me this week.

I may even back him, to make sure he doesn't win, if you understand my logic.

In the meantime I took Chris Wood at 35/1 as he looks like he's playing with the belief that he could pull off back to back wins. hope that doesn't jinx it for Splashies.

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Phoenix Open + Dubai Desert) Year Profit: -38.5pts:
    Ugghh! Bit of a panful reality check in the fantasy competition for me. I made a late change to my 10 players and put Kristoffer Broberg in, I knew it was a bit of a gamble, but last week I put the 100/1 winner in my team, so I could obviously do no wrong! Broberg double bogeyed his last hole today, to miss the cut! The player I agonised over, before 'dropping' him? Thorbjorn Olesen, currently leading the tournament, ouch! Any result but an Olesen win will do me this week. I may even back him, to make sure he doesn't win, if you understand my logic. In the meantime I took Chris Wood at 35/1 as he looks like he's playing with the belief that he could pull off back to back wins. hope that doesn't jinx it for Splashies.
    Posted by TheDart
    I've got him so he has to win!! 

Would be really frustrating if he did win though as I had some moolar on him last week. #sodslaw. It's anyones at the moment though as always, I still feel Noren can make a charge at the weekend.
  • edited February 2013
    Couldn't resist....

I've put on £3 e/w @ 50/1 for Andreas Harto. He seems to be making birdies at will. It's a name I've seen about a few times in the past, and last week he wasn't far behind the leaders going into Sunday but shot a +4 and ended up about 50th.

Not won on the European tour before but has 3 challenge tour wins and seems to be in great form.
  • edited February 2013
    That's not a a bad shout for Harto.

He was never on my shortlist but he's being getting close to my 'medium list.

He's just played the treacherous 9th in par, so at -9 and with the easier back 9 to play, he could well be at the top of the leaderboard by the end of the day.

I've had a fiver ew at 40/1.

I also took Tommy Fleetwood at 50/1 earlier (after Wood and Woods winning last week having the name FleetWOOD can only be a good omen ;).

Seriously Tommy Fleetwood was on my short list and I backed him a couple of times towards the end of last year, when he finished the season very well as one of the form players. Now do I have a saver on Lee WestWOOD at 6/1?
  • edited February 2013
    That's not a a bad shout for Harto. He was never on my shortlist but he's being getting close to my 'medium list. He's just played the treacherous 9th in par, so at -9 and with the easier back 9 to play, he could well be at the top of the leaderboard by the end of the day. I've had a fiver ew at 40/1. I also took Tommy Fleetwood at 50/1 earlier (after Wood and Woods winning last week having the name FleetWOOD can only be a good omen ;). Seriously Tommy Fleetwood was on my short list and I backed him a couple of times towards the end of last year, when he finished the season very well as one of the form players. Now do I have a saver on Lee WestWOOD at 6/1?
    Posted by TheDart
    Ha ha! Quick get on Gary WOODland on the PGA tour. ;-)
  • edited February 2013
    Sigh... and just after you say it, he makes a bogey and is back to 50/1 ... STOP IT!!
  • edited February 2013
    Lol, I'm having one of those days!

I would like to make it clear that in light of Lee Westwoods' double bogey on 17, I did not have a saver on him at 6/1!

Thanks for the Gary woodland 'tip', I have had £2 ew at 100/1!

• edited February 2013
    Chris Doak

:P

Only 2 shots off lead too!
  • edited February 2013
    I'm not listening to your bets anymore Dart! I had an odd £1.28 so had 64p e/w on DeLaet... Well what a shower of ssssugar he is this week!
  • edited February 2013
    I'm not listening to your bets anymore Dart! I had an odd £1.28 so had 64p e/w on DeLaet... Well what a shower of ssssugar he is this week!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Not sure what wrong for Delaet this week, everything by the looks of it!

That's the trouble with backing 150/1 shots, sometimes they play like 150/1 shots :(

As long as he's starting at those odds I'll be backing him again, though I promise not to shout about it so much.
  • edited February 2013
    Chris D oak :P Only 2 shots off lead too!
    Posted by splashies
    Please no more, wood references.

At this rate I'll be asking for a price on Forest Gump!