You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited January 2013
    2 outsiders this week  gl all

Sony Open Outright (Steve Marino) 2 ew 125/1
    Volvo Champions Outright (Jeev Milkha Singh) 2 ew 100/1
  • edited January 2013
    Sony Open

Charles Howell lll 22/1 £10ew
    John Huh 50/1 £5ew
    Rod Pamperling 125/1 £2.50ew
    Ben Curtis 70/1 £5ew
    Colt Knost 200/1 £2.50ew
  • edited January 2013
    The fantasy race 2 dubai comp is now up on the site, first event is next weeks, so probably best to wait until then before picking players just to make sure they are actually in the field! Good luck all, could be some good banter.

• edited January 2013
    Keeping track of my bets for the year using google docs. Hope this link works.

Not very interesting atm :P
  • edited January 2013
    Kept my powder dry this week til now. Ousthuisen now backable @ 6/1 (bigger than the price he was before event started). Only Jamieson in front of him, and very possible he might freeze tomorrow, and Ousthuisen defo better coming from behind himself anyway. 
  • edited January 2013
    ^^^ looking good
  • edited January 2013
    Good work Neil! I tried to put a money list double on Dustin Johnson and Louis on Friday, but they wouldn't let me do it until the events finished so this week will lower his odds a bit :(
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Sony Open + Volvo Champions) Year Profit: +0.5pts:
    Good work Neil! I tried to put a money list double on Dustin Johnson and Louis on Friday, but they wouldn't let me do it until the events finished so this week will lower his odds a bit :(
    Posted by FlashFlush

Cheers Charles, glad he hit the front as late as he did because Louis backside started squeaking as soon as he got in front. Gonna have a small bet on Clark tonight @ 4/1, again he is better coming from behind and the front two being rookies, they might fold too. I guess that win might cost u 5/10 points, so that's unlucky.

I'm very interested what price they put Kaymer up early doors this week. He has a superb track record at this venue, and with Woods and Mclroy taking part, we might get a decent price. 
  • edited January 2013
    I noticed on the PGA Tour site earlier they are going to do a Fantasy PGA tour thingy as well, no idea how theirs will run as I think it's the first time they have done it, starts in February, so keep an eye out :)
  • edited January 2013
    The money list markets are up now.

I've gone for Oosthuizen @ 8/1 and on the PGA Tour I've split with 2 people. I've gone for Dustin Johnson @5/1 and Brandt Snedeker @28/1. I think Brandt gained a lot of experience last year in different situations both on the course and off which can only help him, and with him winning the $10m bonus last season money really is not an issue (It probably never was) so crossing that finish line on Sundays should be a lot easier for him.

Louis/Brandt came in at 260/1 and I think Louis/Dustin came in at 54/1 so I had £10 on each of those.
  • edited January 2013
    I have created a mini league for the fantasy race to dubai for all who wanted to play. Once you've registered/picked your team then look for "Skypoker Pundits" the Pin is 3112
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Sony Open + Volvo Champions) Year Profit: +0.5pts:
    I have created a mini league for the fantasy race to dubai for all who wanted to play. Once you've registered/picked your team then look for "Skypoker Pundits" the Pin is 3112
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Wd Charles
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Sony Open + Volvo Champions) Year Profit: +0.5pts : Cheers Charles, glad he hit the front as late as he did because Louis backside started squeaking as soon as he got in front. Gonna have a small bet on Clark tonight @ 4/1, again he is better coming from behind and the front two being rookies, they might fold too. I guess that win might cost u 5/10 points, so that's unlucky. I'm very interested what price they put Kaymer up early doors this week. He has a superb track record at this venue, and with Woods and Mclroy taking part, we might get a decent price. 
    Posted by joesman1
    The 16/1 that Betvictor 1st opened up with yesterday is now a distant dream. 
  • edited January 2013
    Will join the fantasy league tomoz mate, n1 for setting it up.
  • edited January 2013
    YearWinnerCountryScoreMargin of
    victory
    Runner(s)-up
    Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship
    2012Robert Rock England275 (−13)1 stroke Rory McIlroy
    2011Martin Kaymer (3) Germany264 (−24)8 strokes Rory McIlroy
    Abu Dhabi Golf Championship
    2010Martin Kaymer (2) Germany267 (−21)1 stroke Ian Poulter
    2009Paul Casey (2) England267 (−21)1 stroke Martin Kaymer
     Louis Oosthuizen
    2008Martin Kaymer (1) Germany273 (−15)4 strokes Henrik Stenson
     Lee Westwood
    2007Paul Casey (1) England271 (−17)1 stroke Peter Hanson
     Miguel Ángel Jiménez
    Kaymers record at this venue is remarkable. No wonder he is 8/1 to 10/1 from an initial 16/1
  • edited January 2013
    Will join the fantasy league tomoz mate, n1 for setting it up.
    Posted by splashies
    I've been sort of lurking the last couple of days, catching up on the years opening tips, good to see a few wins already, well done those in the money.

I've registered for the fantasy league set up by flash.

I don't know if picking 10 golfers each week will be good for my golf bets or not, I have enough trouble whittling down my shortlist as it is!
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Sony Open + Volvo Champions) Year Profit: +0.5pts : I've been sort of lurking the last couple of days, catching up on the years opening tips, good to see a few wins already, well done those in the money. I've registered for the fantasy league set up by flash. I don't know if picking 10 golfers each week will be good for my golf bets or not, I have enough trouble whittling down my shortlist as it is!
    Posted by TheDart
    If it's the same as last year then you are only allowed to make 5 changes each week. So quite often you have players in your team that are not playing. Makes it a bit tactical when coming close to majors and there are smaller tournaments before hand.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Sony Open + Volvo Champions) Year Profit: +0.5pts : If it's the same as last year then you are only allowed to make 5 changes each week. So quite often you have players in your team that are not playing. Makes it a bit tactical when coming close to majors and there are smaller tournaments before hand.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Ahh yes that's right I remember now, I have dabbled on this in the past, but never managed to keep to it through the season.

Don't worry Flash I've read the rules now and am ready to take you on ;)
  • edited January 2013

As Joesman points out, Kaymer's course record is awesome here, he also finished last season looking like he was getting back to his best.

Rory's course form isn't too shabby either and then there's Tiger and even a rejuvenated Paul Casey with two wins in this event.

This tournament seems to have a habit of bringing the cream to the top, so from a value perspective, its difficult to get too excited.

So I'm stating off with my Plan A for 2013, which is to back George Coetzee ew until he wins, the quality of the field this week, means he's a healthy 40/1 and I prefer the 1/4 odds 10/1 for a place on Coetzee rather than single figure odds of the obvious 3 favourites.

First glance at the betting this week I thought Danny Willett must be taking a week off, until I noticed he is priced further down the field at 66/1!
    True his last 3 tournaments here have been poor, but he managed to finish 8th on his debut in 2009. This year he comes to the event in excellent form and is I believe, a man on a mission, believing he is good enough to compete for victory on any given week and trying to make the top 64 and top 50 in the world rankings sooner rather than later.

• edited January 2013
    Bit annoyed Oosthuizen isn't playing considering I've just backed him in the R2D. Maybe he is just taking a week off to be with family while he is in SA.

You would have to say Woods and Mcilroy should walk this, but then backing them would be no fun. As for Kaymer, I'm just a little cautious of backing him over the last year or so since his complete turn of form from a few years ago. He never seems comfortable on a golf course anymore which is worrying!

I've gone for some value bets for Abu Dhabi this year, same as Dart really, I have gone e/w as I think that is more likely, with McIlroy and Woods in the field.

Anders Hansen - 55/1 £2 e/w
    Paul Lawrie - 40/1 £2 e/w

PGA Tour

I was looking for someone who did well last week in Hawaii and also who did well in this tournament last year and the only person I could see was John Senden. With the commentators last week saying he doesn't win much but is always there, I wonder if they have blessed him and he will come out and win this week.

Other pick is just to back up my Money list bet. He had a decent finish here last year, and as I said, I think he has come on alot in the last year. So I have gone for Snedeker.

John Senden - 50/1 £2 e/w
    Brandt Snedeker - 14/1 £3 win only
  • edited January 2013
    Obv I'm on Kaymer, having been pushing him since last Sat night. I missed the 16/1, which was a bit slack of me. I ended up putting double the amount on through annoyance, so that will do in Europe for me this week. In the US I'll take last weeks 1st & 2nd, both played superbly on Sunday. Henley is 50/1 and Clark 16/1. Think I've done my money in on Monty, players revolt has got Mcginley the job looking at the betting today. Oh well. 
  • edited January 2013

Humana Challenge

Tentative selections for me here, if Sndedeker was 33/1's I'd be getting very excited, I hate the fact he's  a best price 16/1, but still might have a dabble later, in the meantime I'm going for.....

Brendan de Jonge - 50/1, Superb finish to 2012 and has a progressive record in this event.

Matt Jones - 125/1, I'm sure he was once touted as the next big thing to come out of Australia, but despite the odd good week he has never been able to compete regularly on the tour. Lost his card again last year, but won it back in the PGA qualifier event, which is not to be sniffed at, then followed that up with some promising performances down in Australia.
    Kept up the steady improvement last week and he started the final round in a tie for 6, but had an ordinary final round.  He finished 8th here is 2010, so there's enough ticks in boxes to convince me he's good value for an ew tipple at 125/1.

On the subject of three figure odds, there's a player called Graham DeLaet at 150/1that has to be worth a little ew wager.

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Humana Challenge + Abu Dhabi HSBC) Year Profit: -9.5pts:
    Obv I'm on Kaymer, having been pushing him since last Sat night. I missed the 16/1, which was a bit slack of me. I ended up putting double the amount on through annoyance, so that will do in Europe for me this week. In the US I'll take last weeks 1st & 2nd, both played superbly on Sunday. Henley is 50/1 and Clark 16/1. Think I've done my money in on Monty, players revolt has got Mcginley the job looking at the betting today. Oh well. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Lol at this!

This is exactly what I do, if I miss out on a price I was going to take, I will always increase my bet at the lower price, to make sure I win more than I would have done and teach the bookies a lesson! :)
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Humana Challenge + Abu Dhabi HSBC) Year Profit: -9.5pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Humana Challenge + Abu Dhabi HSBC) Year Profit: -9.5pts : Lol at this! This is exactly what I do, if I miss out on a price I was going to take, I will always increase my bet at the lower price, to make sure I win more than I would have done and teach the bookies a lesson! :)
    Posted by TheDart
    Lol... That's EXACTLY what I did. 
  • edited January 2013
    Humana 

I asked the predictor for Last year's result, Last week's results, GIR and players who putt well on Bermuda greens. The man who came top again is....

John Senden 2pts e/w @ 50/1 (Gl Flash :P)

HSBC

Driving Accuracy and good putters should do well this week, the man who came top of the predictor....

Matteo Manassero 2pts e/w @ 40/1.

0.5pt e/w Double @ 2090/1 

Will join the fantasy league tomorrow night, I promise.
  • edited January 2013
    Humana  I asked the predictor for Last year's result, Last week's results, GIR and players who putt well on Bermuda greens. The man who came top again is.... John Senden 2pts e/w @ 50/1 (Gl Flash :P) HSBC Driving Accuracy and good putters should do well this week, the man who came top of the predictor.... Matteo Manassero 2pts e/w @ 40/1. 0.5pt e/w Double @ 2090/1  Will join the fantasy league tomorrow night, I promise.
    Posted by splashies
    haha, same theory I went on and I came up with the same man without a computer :P
  • edited January 2013
    Humana  I asked the predictor for Last year's result, Last week's results, GIR and players who putt well on Bermuda greens. The man who came top again is.... John Senden 2pts e/w @ 50/1 (Gl Flash :P) HSBC Driving Accuracy and good putters should do well this week, the man who came top of the predictor.... Matteo Manassero 2pts e/w @ 40/1. 0.5pt e/w Double @ 2090/1  Will join the fantasy league tomorrow night, I promise.
    Posted by splashies
    Where will I find the HSBC betting?
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Humana Challenge + Abu Dhabi HSBC) Year Profit: -9.5pts : Where will I find the HSBC betting?
    Posted by wynne1938
    It's the Abu Dhabi tournament
  • edited January 2013
    I'm going to keep closer records this year. I have made a spreadsheet for profits/losses but rather than bundling it all together, I have done European tou, PGA Tour and doubles. I seem to find I really struggle to pick winner on the European tour, but can quite easily pick top performers on the PGA Tour, so I can see from this if I should maybe drop the European tour. Also even though the odd £1 e/w double is a good way to bink a lot if your results come in, I'm not sure over a whole season whether it's a big leak as the chances are so small.

I am also going to take screenshots of all the odds before the events start, so I can hopefully start to see a trend for what sort of odds can realistically win/place. I will do this for all of the top 5 so I can pick some big e/w players hopefully.
  • edited January 2013
    I'm going to keep closer records this year. I have made a spreadsheet for profits/losses but rather than bundling it all together, I have done European tou, PGA Tour and doubles. I seem to find I really struggle to pick winner on the European tour, but can quite easily pick top performers on the PGA Tour, so I can see from this if I should maybe drop the European tour. Also even though the odd £1 e/w double is a good way to bink a lot if your results come in, I'm not sure over a whole season whether it's a big leak as the chances are so small. I am also going to take screenshots of all the odds before the events start, so I can hopefully start to see a trend for what sort of odds can realistically win/place. I will do this for all of the top 5 so I can pick some big e/w players hopefully.
    Posted by FlashFlush

Yeh I realised this very quickly. Hence this week my Double is 0.5pts e/w rather than 1pt e/w. I feel obliged to do the doubles each week, now that I've started doing them, because I'd be gutted if it came up. Which is also the same reason i play the same lotto numbers each week. My whole life is one huge leak, lol.

Am doing the fantasy as we speak btw.