You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Getting my bets out there early, so i can't be accused of copying Splashies again ;-)

No odds yet for the Travellers, but bar some harsh prices from the bookies I think I'll be on Rollins and Moore.

In the BMW Open I'm going to go for Ross Fisher @30/1, looks to be getting back to form and has a ridiculously good record here. 2nd pick Thomas Bjorn, in great form at the moment and although he doesn't have a long history of good results here like Ross he did get T8 here last year. Anyway have a look through those, hopefully that will be some help, I'll do a proper write up when I have the odds.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (BMW International + Travelers Championship) Year Profit: +689.56pts:
    Getting my bets out there early, so i can't be accused of copying Splashies again ;-) No odds yet for the Travellers, but bar some harsh prices from the bookies I think I'll be on Rollins and Moore. In the BMW Open I'm going to go for Ross Fisher @30/1, looks to be getting back to form and has a ridiculously good record here. 2nd pick Thomas Bjorn, in great form at the moment and although he doesn't have a long history of good results here like Ross he did get T8 here last year. Anyway have a look through those, hopefully that will be some help, I'll do a proper write up when I have the odds.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Oh crud! Just seen last year was a different venue!

Oh well, form over history anyday, so still not a bad pick...
  • edited June 2013
    Pretty sure it was only last year that it was a different course and this year it's gone back to it's usual venue. Well I hope so anyway because I've based my picks around that.

I can't see past the two form horses presently. Manassero + Luiten. Joost has had 11th and 3rd place finishes when the event has been held at the current venue and Manassero is a similar player, looking to do the BMW double.

iirc, the Travelers Championship is a birdie fest. Hoffman had a 2nd here last year and heads my list this week. My last pick will be Colsaerts, who is due at some point to go close in the states. I feel his best chance of a win is on birdie fest courses where he can take it apart. Lets hope that's the case this week.

Will post prices later on.
  • edited June 2013
    BMW International

Joost Luiten 2pts e/w @ 25/1
    Matteo Manassero 2pts e/w @ 25/1

Travelers Championship

Charley Hoffman 2pts e/w @ 60/1
    Nicolas Colsaerts 2pts e/w @ 66/1

4x 0.5pt e/w Doubles

gl all
  • edited June 2013
    BMW International

Ross Fisher 30/1

Thomas Bjorn 33/1

Travelers Championship

Ryan Moore 40/1 

John Rollins 33/1

All £5 e/w and 50p doubles
  • edited June 2013
    WD to Wynne and Splashies

Can,t beleive Hunter stayed around for so long as i can,t remember him hitting a good shot. Just very straight down the fairways. If only he hadn,t double bogeyed toward the end and and watched the Dufner interview. 
    He was back to 3 over ( -5) for the day and felt he had to take a risk on 14 , going out of bounds and dropping 3 shots. If he looks back now - he didn,t need to take that risk - Good to see an Englishman win it at last tho considering we have so many good golfers now
  • edited June 2013
    Well done wynne and splashies. I was second with Mickleson!!! EW

Only nproblem I had backed Rose for last 8 majors and got fed up with him so didnt even have a saver or forecast LOL
  • edited June 2013
    Well what a good read that was!

I've just caught up with the last 2 weeks posts, reading in date order, even though I knew most of the plots and some of the endings I still got a few chuckles.

Knowing the results it was good to read the Luiten tips for the Lyoness being posted and I have to confess there was an 'oh oh' when I read Flashes tip for Tullo and the subsequent posts, but the concluding post from Flash on Tullo was a classic ending :)

The US Open outcome was great for me, but no point boring anyone with the facts and it doesn't have the same authenticity writing about tips after the event, I mean any fool can do that!

Looks like profit is the new buzz word around here, I'll enlighten you all with a few 'alternative' picks within the next 24 hours.

Keen up the good work and the good luck!!!
  • edited June 2013
    Good to have to you back mate!
  • edited June 2013
    BMW International

There's an abundance of players with course form and current form to be found in this weeks events, in fact it's probably more difficult to find a player without any course form and the bookies know it, with 14 players from Jiminez down on offer at 33/1 or less, which suggests this week is very open.

With 10 of those 14 players having played in the US Open, it's somewhat unpredictable to know how they will perform this week, so where to go from there?

Martin Kaymer -25/1, He's had a relatively low key 2013, but on looking at his results and stats in a little more detail, I think his game could be very close. He's played most of his golf this year in big events or PGA Tour events, so he's be playing new courses, new experiences more often than not. Back in Europe this week and back home in Germany at a course where he's won, Kaymer at 25/1 feels just big enough for an ew dabble.

Victor Dubuisson - 80/1, I said it wasn't easy to find a player without much course form this week, well I've found one! Victor Dubuisson has played this event once before and finished 54th, which was OK for a player in his rookie year on tour, but I admit there must be 50+ players in the field with a better course history.
    I'm going with Vicotr as I've been really impressed with his game this year and feel a first tour win can not be too far away. Also I know that Bavaria has had an incredible period of rainfall over the last month or so and I'm working on the assumption that the course will be playing long and Dubuisson is sneaky long. That said the Germans have probably invented some wonderful system that dries out the course in 30 minutes! Anyway 80/1 on a rested Victor Dubuisson looks good value to me.

Magnus A Carlsson - 125/1, his course form is interesting. A missed cut in 2008, was followed up with a tied 16th in 2009 his best finish that year. He returned in 2011 and played in the middle of a 7 week run of 6 missed cuts, breaking that run with a tied 39th here, so I like the fact that in two seasons he came to this event with little to no form, he managed to find some kind of game, suggesting this course really suits him. This year Carlsson come's to the event with some decent form and is leading the tour on the GIR stats. This was a similar kind a logic I followed with Brett Rumford when he came from 'nowhere' to win, earlier this season. I am quietly confident Carlsson might just go deep this week.
  • edited June 2013
    Travelers Championship

This event has a similar feel as the BMW in Germany, with plenty of players to be found with great course form and again the bookies have trimmed the odds for a lot of those players.

Rickie Fowler - 28/1, In the favourites bracket, I so nearly went for Hunter Mahan but even with his first rate course form and impressive performance at the US Open, I couldn't take the best priced 18/1 on offer, so Rickie Fowler ew at 28/1 takes my money this week. Tied 13th last time he played here, tied 10th at the US open last week and seems to be playing his way into something like his best form and also making his fair share of putts, which will be vital this week.

James Driscoll - 80/1, I've backed Driscoll a few times at 3 figure odds this season, so even though I knew he'd been putting together some decent results recently I was still slightly surprised to see Driscoll a best priced 80/1 this week. Driscoll has some very good course form and he his playing and putting very well at the moment, if any week is going to be his week, this could be it!

Bryce Molder - 150/1, As Splashies suggested, this week is likely to be a bit of a birdie fest, so picking someone who's last 6 events read 5 missed cuts and a tied 65th may not appear to be the smartest thing to do.  Molder came into this event in 2011 on a similar run and finished tied 6th. He's ranked 177th from 183 on tour for driving distance and I am sure that makes life on tour tough for Molder. This is one of the shorter courses on tour and, fellow 'shorties' such as Clark, Toms and Verplank have done very well in the past. Molder's putting stats are strong this year and he is not adverse to going low when conditions suit, this week though maybe not many other weeks, 150/1 for Bryce Molder looks too big and I'm backing him with confidence!
  • edited June 2013

still a bit sickened after last weeks collapse by team jd and nearly gave this week a miss but gave in to temptation

My picks:

Travellers
    Duffner        22/1
    Colesarts     60/1

BMW
    Noren           25/1
    Bjorn            33/1

ps good to see you back dart

• edited June 2013
    Looks like we are pretty much all on diffeent people. Going to be interesting to see who comes out on top this week.
  • edited June 2013

Still coming to terms with that having backed Rose for the Race To Dubai, I not only didn't back him last week, I also left him out of my Fantasy Team.... What a dic@!!!

This week I'm on the horse after it's bolted... Luiten @ 28/1 for the BMW.... I'm plumping for Simpson in the USA.... And an ew double the pair. Gl everyone

• edited June 2013
    Traveller's Championship

Hunter Mahan 14/1 £5 e/w
    Bubba Watson 20/1 £2 e/w
    Rickie Fowler 25/1 £2 e/w
    Tim Clarke 55/1 £1 e/w
  • edited June 2013
    Yesterday, I placed a strange bet or to be precise a bet at strange odds and the odds are still available this morning.

Travelers Championship - Top USA Player - James Driscoll 100/1 ew first 4

OK, most would say backing James Driscoll is a strange bet in the first place, but I fancy Driscoll this week and he is a best placed 80/1 to win the tournament outright.

So why would a bookmaker take out the likes of, Rose, Westwood, Jacobson, Poulter, Harrington, Colsarts, DeJong, DeLaet, Clark, Davis, Choi, Petterson, Fernandez-Castano, Villegas, Blixt, Cabrera, Sabbatini, Bae and any other player from outside of the USA and offer a bigger price to beat the field without this lot?

In the same market James Driscoll is 35/1 and 40/1 with 2 other bookmakers.

There's quite a few strange odds in the top USA player this week, another example is Flash's tip John Rollins, best priced 33/1 to win outright, but as high as 28/1 for top USA player.

Only difference I can see is that you are getting place on first 4, instead of first 5.
  • edited June 2013
    What a round from Hoffman! :D
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (BMW International + Travelers Championship) Year Profit: +689.56pts:
    What a round from Hoffman! :D
    Posted by splashies
    This might be a good time to mention I did actually back Hoffman! I'm not one for backing people and not saying it, as far as I'm concerned, if you back someone then have the balls to say it, but after seeing his name crop up a couple of times and seeing his odds of 50/1 on someone I've backed a couple of times already  Ithought I had to get involved! All other bets were £5 e/w, so as this was a stolen bet I only went £2.50 e/w...
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (BMW International + Travelers Championship) Year Profit: +689.56pts : This might be a good time to mention I did actually back Hoffman! I'm not one for backing people and not saying it, as far as I'm concerned, if you back someone then have the balls to say it, but after seeing his name crop up a couple of times and seeing his odds of 50/1 on someone I've backed a couple of times already  Ithought I had to get involved! All other bets were £5 e/w, so as this was a stolen bet I only went £2.50 e/w...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I know what you mean, but what if you make a decision not to back someone, but then as the event approaches or starts, you no longer have the balls to not back them?

Do you declare the bets on here, or just lie down in a dark room?

Well done on backing Hoffman, it was an excellent round and I thought his post round interview was just as impressive, he's really up this for event and obviously likes the course.
  • edited June 2013
    It was meant to be Flash, n1 :D

Lets hope he can extend his lead this morning before Hunter resumes.
  • edited June 2013
    Did you have any action on Baldwin or DeLaet this week Dart? 
  • edited June 2013
    Did you have any action on Baldwin or DeLaet this week Dart? 
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Ah, you know me too well and that was what I was referring to with my Thursday post about not having the balls to NOT back someone.

I didn't back them, but then....

Baldwin got off to a flyer on Day one and there was one bookie still offering 150/1, so I panicked and took it and decided to double him up ew with DeLaet at 66/1.

I also couldn't get out of my head. the beware the injured golfer phrase, so backed my other favourite Danny Willett at 80/1 (even though I said I would leave him alone until he proved his fitness) and again ew doubled him with DeLaet.

Could be an interesting day tomorrow!

Though I would say and the bookies agree, that you and / or Splashies have a better chance than my sentimental picks.
  • edited June 2013
    Good luck though mate. I was cringing seeing them both up there and not hearing you say you had backed them. Glad you've got some action.

Unlike you though with my added bets, I didn't put Hoffman in a double. Shame really because him and Bjorn have a great chance. Love the fact Bjorn is paired with Ernie as well, the old war horses against the youngsters of Noren and Levy.
  • edited June 2013

It's all set up for a great final day in Germany.

I agree Bjorn and Els is a perfect draw and Bjorn has come through the field nicely.

I think I quite like Baldwin's draw with Uilhein, nice and low key and not right behind the German pairing.

One concern and a big concern I have for Baldwin, is that he's had a few last round meltdown's recently, I'm hoping he's learnt from those bad rounds!

As for Willett with Segio, I;m not sure if that's good or bad, I'm more concerned about Willett's back and the fact that as I write this he has now gone 27 holes without a birdie and just made his first bogey in 52 holes to drop to tied 13th.

I'm quite nervous, I'll take a place for either Baldwin or Willett right now.

Of course I've still got original pick Kaymer right in there, but a Willett or Baldwin place with the Delaet double has the greater potential.

Worst outcome for me would be a Noren win as I didn't put him in my fantasy team, whereas I think everyone else did.

• edited June 2013

Sigh, disastrous start...

Willett down to a tie for 14th and a double bogey for Baldwin and he's down to 7th, with the difficult 3rd to come up next.

Well I don't know about Baldwin and Willett but my nervous aprehension has disappeared!

So it's come on Martin Kaymer for me.

• edited June 2013
    It's all set up for a great final day in Germany. I agree Bjorn and Els is a perfect draw and Bjorn has come through the field nicely. I think I quite like Baldwin's draw with Uilhein, nice and low key and not right behind the German pairing. One concern and a big concern I have for Baldwin, is that he's had a few last round meltdown's recently, I'm hoping he's learnt from those bad rounds! As for Willett with Segio, I;m not sure if that's good or bad, I'm more concerned about Willett's back and the fact that as I write this he has now gone 27 holes without a birdie and just made his first bogey in 52 holes to drop to tied 13th. I'm quite nervous, I'll take a place for either Baldwin or Willett right now. Of course I've still got original pick Kaymer right in there, but a Willett or Baldwin place with the Delaet double has the greater potential. Worst outcome for me would be a Noren win as I didn't put him in my fantasy team, whereas I think everyone else did.
    Posted by TheDart
    Yep, I knew there was a reason I didn't back Baldwin pre-tournament :(

• edited June 2013
    Not looking good for Bjorn for me either. :(
  • edited June 2013
    meh, still 2nd place and £46 returned. Come on Hoffman and Moore!
  • edited June 2013
    Place fo Kaymer, to limit the losses.

Come on Graham DeLaet!!!
  • edited June 2013
    meh, still 2nd place and £46 returned. Come on Hoffman and Moore!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Good effort from Bjorn, nice pick Flash.

Hope you get a couple more places with Hoffman and Moore ;)