You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited June 2013

There's more updates on here than the 'Live Blog' on the official European Tour website!

Only just started watching again and GMac has missed two very makeable birdie putts and 3 putted the 17th, meanwhile playing partner Donaldson can't miss.

It would appear the later starters are enjoying the better weather and decent scoring conditions.

Lowry may not end the day in the lead, but probably best round of the day in in the worst conditions.

Over in the USA, Graham DeLaet birdies his first hole of the tournament, only 71 (I hope) holes to go.

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Irish Open + AT&T) Year Profit: +669.56pts:
    There's more updates on here than the 'Live Blog' on the official European Tour website! Only just started watching again and GMac has missed two very makeable birdie putts and 3 putted the 17th, meanwhile playing partner Donaldson can't miss. It would appear the later starters are enjoying the better weather and decent scoring conditions. Lowry may not end the day in the lead, but probably best round of the day in in the worst conditions. Over in the USA, Graham DeLaet birdies his first hole of the tournament, only 71 (I hope) holes to go.
    Posted by TheDart
    and bogey's his second!!!

I'm out of here.

Good Luck all!
  • edited June 2013
    Strange how the game of golf works isn't it. Looking at the -2 scores which are right in there, you have the likes of Kohles, Furyk and Snedeker who are all short straight hitters, but you also have Colsaerts and DeLaet in there who are bombers. Not to mention the age difference between Furyk and Kohles. Just shows how anyone of any age can play this game and given enough natural ability and practice you can all compete.

On another note, who is going to SPT Notts next month?
  • edited June 2013
    Delighted with GDL's start and at 40/1 a nice return on first round leader.

Need some moves in the right direction from my players at the Irish today, looking at the weather forecast it suggests the 'best' conditions maybe early with strong winds and showers increasing as the day progresses.

Latest from the European Tour 'Live Blog'....JM Olazabal won the Irish Open in 1990, Peter Uilhein has only finished outside the top 25, once in his last 7 starts!

I suppose it's how you interpret and what you expect from the term 'Live Blog', but with 50+ players out on the course and the Irish open 2013 well into day 2, I'd have thought a bit of news from the course would have been more appropriate.
  • edited June 2013
    as my bets all started to disintegrate yesterday, apart from Uilhein who is flying high currently, I had a nibble at Larazabal and HAAS both at 35/1 to keep my interest for the weekend.

Having said that Sterne heading in the right direction and got himself into red figures. Robert rock came close in the first round leader market but leishman, palmer, howell, dyson and barnes all crumbled! so not a great day 1 for me.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Irish Open + AT&T) Year Profit: +669.56pts:
    as my bets all started to disintegrate yesterday, apart from Uilhein who is flying high currently, I had a nibble at Larazabal and HAAS both at 35/1 to keep my interest for the weekend. Having said that Sterne heading in the right direction and got himself into red figures. Robert rock came close in the first round leader market but leishman, palmer, howell, dyson and barnes all crumbled! so not a great day 1 for me.
    Posted by jdsallstar
    2 minutes after I post that Uilhein bogeys the 12th haha posters curse!
  • edited June 2013
    as my bets all started to disintegrate yesterday, apart from Uilhein who is flying high currently, I had a nibble at Larazabal and HAAS both at 35/1 to keep my interest for the weekend. Having said that Sterne heading in the right direction and got himself into red figures. Robert rock came close in the first round leader market but leishman, palmer, howell, dyson and barnes all crumbled! so not a great day 1 for me.
    Posted by jdsallstar
    glad I did this now with both players well placed.

have to say I really enjoy watching larazabal play - really wears his heart on his sleeve and plays with real emotion and character. the game needs a few more like him! horchels a bit like this too and its refreshing compared to some of the players out there who barely flinch whether they make a birdie or bogey!
  • edited June 2013
    Added Quiros 5pts e/w @ 25/1 (top 4) for added interest. Only 3 off lead.
  • edited June 2013

I find the current odds of Lowry and Carbrera-Bello a little strange.

Pre-tournament they were generally 25/1 and 80/1 respectively.

Now half way through the third round they are side by side, both -6, 5 off the lead.

Lowry is 16/1, Carbrera-Bello 50/1.

The bookies are either giving massive respect to Lowry's local knowledge or perhaps Lowry would already be a massive loss for the bookies?

IMHO, Lowry is under priced, Cabrera-Bello is overpriced.

• edited June 2013
    Strange how the game of golf works isn't it. Looking at the -2 scores which are right in there, you have the likes of Kohles, Furyk and Snedeker who are all short straight hitters, but you also have Colsaerts and DeLaet in there who are bombers. Not to mention the age difference between Furyk and Kohles. Just shows how anyone of any age can play this game and given enough natural ability and practice you can all compete. On another note, who is going to SPT Notts next month?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Moi
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (BMW International + Travelers Championship) Year Profit: +689.56pts:
    Still coming to terms with that having backed Rose for the Race To Dubai, I not only didn't back him last week, I also left him out of my Fantasy Team.... What a dic@!!! This week I'm on the horse after it's bolted... Luiten @ 28/1 for the BMW.... I'm plumping for Simpson in the USA.... And an ew double the pair. Gl everyone
    Posted by joesman1
    Joist Luiten certainly taking the proverbial out of me!!
  • edited June 2013
    Just had a saver on:

Bill Haas @11/4 £20
  • edited June 2013
    Strange how the game of golf works isn't it. Looking at the -2 scores which are right in there, you have the likes of Kohles, Furyk and Snedeker who are all short straight hitters, but you also have Colsaerts and DeLaet in there who are bombers. Not to mention the age difference between Furyk and Kohles. Just shows how anyone of any age can play this game and given enough natural ability and practice you can all compete. On another note, who is going to SPT Notts next month?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Sadly not moi, as I won't be in the country that weekend.
  • edited June 2013
    Had a good day on the horses today!

So decided to give more money to the golf community!

Brandt Snedekar 11/1 £8 win
    Graham delaet 80/1 £1 ew
    Rickie Fowler 150/1 £1 ew
  • edited June 2013
    Had a good day on the horses today! So decided to give more money to the golf community! Brandt Snedekar 11/1 £8 win Graham delaet 80/1 £1 ew Rickie Fowler 150/1 £1 ew
    Posted by wynne1938
    I think I've another dog for u running on Monday Mr Wynne. Keep some pennies back for that. Let me check the opposition out 1st
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Irish Open + AT&T) Year Profit: +669.56pts : I think I've another dog for u running on Monday Mr Wynne. Keep some pennies back for that. Let me check the opposition out 1st
    Posted by joesman1
    Ok M8.will keep reading your posts!
  • edited June 2013
    Well we kept saying Paul Casey was getting back to his old self! Shame none of us picked him at the start. Well done if anyone had him in-play. Happy for Paul, he is a nice guy and deserves to be winning titles.
  • edited June 2013
    Well that went well not! I over analysed the obvious pick of the week Shane Lowry, left him out of my fantasy team and he's currently leading. Meanwhile my clever pick, who later became the Sporting Life's headline pick, Damien McGrane, finished 8 shots back and is staring at a missed cut. I've now reverted to the comfort of backing GMAC, taking 16/1 and I also backed Paul Casey in running at 33/1, Casey was actually going to be one of my picks this week, until I did a bit more research and decided he's just not putting well enough to compete. So the plan for the afternoon is, low rounds for GMAC, Dubuission and Cabrera-Bello, particularly Carbrera-Bello as I've backed him for first round leader. Then at the AT&T I want low rounds for Ryan Palmer and GDL as I''ve backed them for first round leader. Oh yes, musn't forget the forum good spirit....... Nice start Flash :)
    Posted by TheDart
    I may have talked myself out of having Casey as one of main picks, but I did back him at 9.00am on Thursday after he made a couple of early birdies.

Pleased to see Carbera-Bello get a share of top 5, with bookmakers paying top 6 this week that's quite decent in the end.

I've had a Casey 10/1, Driscoll 6/1 double today, I needed to do something having backed and tipped Driscoll a few times at big odds this season, that said, doesn't look like he's having a very good final round and is two back.

The eternal optimist in me see's DeLaet tied 10th after 11 and hopes he can sneak into a place.

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Irish Open + AT&T) Year Profit: +669.56pts : I may have talked myself out of having Casey as one of main picks, but I did back him at 9.00am on Thursday after he made a couple of early birdies. Pleased to see Carbera-Bello get a share of top 5, with bookmakers paying top 6 this week that's quite decent in the end. I've had a Casey 10/1, Driscoll 6/1 double today, I needed to do something having backed and tipped Driscoll a few times at big odds this season, that said, doesn't look like he's having a very good final round and is two back. The eternal optimist in me see's DeLaet tied 10th after 11 and hopes he can sneak into a place.
    Posted by TheDart
    wiiii, chuffed with this. Was following the leaderboard earlier today and looked like he had dropped away and stood no chance, so it's a nice surprise!

Nice work Dart & Splashman :)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Irish Open + AT&T) Year Profit: +669.56pts : wiiii, chuffed with this. Was following the leaderboard earlier today and looked like he had dropped away and stood no chance, so it's a nice surprise! Nice work Dart & Splashman :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Just to be clear, Rafa finished in a 5 way tied for 5th, so not a full return for the place, but still a profit :)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Irish Open + AT&T) Year Profit: +669.56pts : Just to be clear, Rafa finished in a 5 way tied for 5th, so not a full return for the place, but still a profit :)
    Posted by TheDart
    I think he knows this, but this is a huge result for JJ. His previous biggest win was getting his stake back on a voided bet.

Well done Casey and his backers!

Ps can someone show me some sympathy, had horrendous man flu for 4 full days now and it's showing no signs of letting up. Think it's time for every mans nightmare, a trip to the docs tomoz :(
  • edited June 2013

Nice recovery with the Haas win, JD :)

Take the day off tomorrow Splash, a few hands of Poker and an extra hours studying for next weeks golf events shuold sort you out!

• edited June 2013
    Nice recovery with the Haas win, JD :) Take the day off tomorrow Splash, a few hands of Poker and an extra hours studying for next weeks golf events shuold sort you out!
    Posted by TheDart
    Cheers dart. Shame larazabaal couldn't have done a little better today to give me the big double win. But the haas win and place, the Pablo place and ew part of the double made what looked like a car crash weekend after 18 holes on Thursday into a fairly successful one.

Kudos to casey for playing so well though especially going on that birdie run when the weather was at its worst. Cursing him at the time but hard to begrudge him the win looking back now lol
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Irish Open + AT&T) Year Profit: +669.56pts : Cheers dart. Shame larazabaal couldn't have done a little better today to give me the big double win. But the haas win and place, the Pablo place and ew part of the double made what looked like a car crash weekend after 18 holes on Thursday into a fairly successful one. Kudos to casey for playing so well though especially going on that birdie run when the weather was at its worst. Cursing him at the time but hard to begrudge him the win looking back now lol
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Wd on the win... Not seen the golf today, but how is it he never lost his bottle?? He normally has to do it from behind. 
  • edited June 2013
    Just had a saver on: Bill Haas @11/4 £20
    Posted by wynne1938
    Boom!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Irish Open + AT&T) Year Profit: +669.56pts : Wd on the win... Not seen the golf today, but how is it he never lost his bottle?? He normally has to do it from behind. 
    Posted by joesman1
    didn't get getting to see his front 9 but have to say his back 9 was pretty flawless. might have been he had a 2 shot cushion and those chasing him were all relatively low ranked players. maybe took the pressure compared to if a tiger etc was chasing him.
  • edited July 2013
    :D yea I knew that dartist. But I'd completely written it off, did a lot of people near the top collapse towards the end? Maybe I just mis-read the leaderboard.

I got £14 back off £2 e/w, but only got 66/1.

As splashman rightly says, that's a £20 improvement on what would usually happen.

Didn't watch as much of the coverage as I expected to, couple of hours on Friday.

Next bet for me will be the Open, keep the good run going till then please! :)

gl nxt week.
  • edited July 2013
    bored in work and thought I would take a look at the odds for the open - when are the bookies going to start offering some decent odds on mcilroy - 14/1 is ridiculous.

He's in terrible form and his record in the open is hardly anything to write home about with a best finish of t3 in 2010 with the rest outside the top 20.

Ps come on sky hurry up and put up the greenbrier market to give me something to do lol
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Open de France + Greenbrier Classic) Year Profit: +649.96pts:
    bored in work and thought I would take a look at the odds for the open - when are the bookies going to start offering some decent odds on mcilroy - 14/1 is ridiculous. He's in terrible form and his record in the open is hardly anything to write home about with a best finish of t3 in 2010 with the rest outside the top 20. Ps come on sky hurry up and put up the greenbrier market to give me something to do lol
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Well first off, don't back McIlroy if he is in such bad form, doesn't matter if they are giving short odds (While his odds stay short, everyone else's will be longer).

Secondly, just look on oddschecker for Greenbrier, betfair are up as they always are, that way you can get a rough idea what the bookies are thinking, there is never much between them all.
  • edited July 2013

For The Open, between now and  the start, I can't see me getting past my current main pick which is Martin Kaymer.

As he has such a good record in the Open de France and I fancy him to go very close this week, I couldn't see any point in hanging around, so today I've placed what will be my biggest bet on this years Open, with Martin Kaymer at 50/1.