You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Deffo not me! Out of my 5 picks, only 1 made the cut and he ended up 42nd!
  • edited July 2013
    mine started bright enough with bjorn but he suddenly decided that double bogeys were the way forward in round 3. Even thought manaserro was going to make a charge on Saturday when he went 4 under thru 5 but he faded away too.

On the pga my players never really got going but Woodland gave me some hope of a place when he shot -6 on round 3 but then hit a magnificent 7 over par 77 on his final round haha Even had a small in play punt on marc warren but he fell apart too.

Nothing better than swearing at the tv all weekend at players not playing every shot to perfection! how dare they :) 

ps anybody think bill haas has any hope at the open 100/1 seems like a good price for someone who's played quite nicely this year?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Scottish Open + John Deere Classic) Year Profit: +629.96pts:
    mine started bright enough with bjorn but he suddenly decided that double bogeys were the way forward in round 3. Even thought manaserro was going to make a charge on Saturday when he went 4 under thru 5 but he faded away too. On the pga my players never really got going but Woodland gave me some hope of a place when he shot -6 on round 3 but then hit a magnificent 7 over par 77 on his final round haha Even had a small in play punt on marc warren but he fell apart too. Nothing better than swearing at the tv all weekend at players not playing every shot to perfection! how dare they :)  ps anybody think bill haas has any hope at the open 100/1 seems like a good price for someone who's played quite nicely this year?
    Posted by jdsallstar

I was on Warren too pre tourny at 100/1. Darty told me to expect a back 9 collapse, oh well.

Can't imagine Haas will do well this side of the pond. He gets on my nerves anyway, just 1 of those guys that grates on me. No real reason why.
  • edited July 2013
    Scottish Open

Can't believe I'm backing him again but here goes.

Marc Warren 2pts e/w @ 50/1. Came 3rd in this event last year and was brilliant last week for 90% of the week. Just to needs to close out on the back 9 on Sunday.

Soren Kjeldsen 2pts e/w @ 66/1. Looks to have found some form and is striking the ball well, 8th last week. Also notched a 5th in Scotland last year.

John Deere Classic

John Senden 2pts e/w @ 40/1. In the Stricker/Z.Johnson mould who do well here. Won this event in '05 and 4th last year.

Matt Jones 2pts e/w @ 80/1. Back to back 5th place here in '09 + '10. Runner up last week, so the signs look good.

4 x 0.5pt e/w Doubles
  • edited July 2013
    open bets

Justin rose @ 21

graeme McDowell @ 26

Jason day @ 34

all £2 win

be lucky
  • edited July 2013
    A shortish tree lined course.. dare I say it... Ben Kohles? The fact his best fisnish in his last 10 starts is 62nd may suggest he isn't in the best form though.. lol 250/1
  • edited July 2013
    Scottish Open

Francesco Molinari - 33/1 - I remember watching this last year, and they kept saying how important it was to drive straight, and he was consistantly hitting down the middle every hole and was never really struggling.

Miguel Angel Jimenez 50/1 - Looking at last years stats, it was clear that putts per round (like always) and bunker saves, along with straight driving was important. I checked all 3 of those stats for this year and Jimenez is in the top 25 for all of them, so when I saw him at 50/1 considering how good he has been since coming back this year, I felt he was a must! Only played 1 of the 2 years this has been held at Castle Stuart, and didn't have a great time due to a 76 on the Saturday, but he did close out Sunday with a 68!

John Deere Classic

Steve Stricker - 15/2 - Don't really need to explain why. His history is immense. I didn't think he was having a good year, but if you look it's just thta he hasn't played much and considering he has only played 7 events, he hasn't been far away from the lead in any of those. (Win only)

Ben Kohles - 250/1 - I feel this is a Stricker win, so wanted a long odds shot. Like I put above, he is in some terrible form, but golf is a funny game, look at some of the old guys in contention lately, barely make a cut all year and then are contending on a Sunday. He likes the smaller fiddly tree lined courses, and this seems to be right for him.
  • edited July 2013
    Scottish Open

Martin Laird 40/1 - I could be way out but is this his last chance to get into the open? I see he's on the alternates list but don't know what that really means lol seemed a good price for good player who should have local knowledge as well anyway. T16 in 2012 but would have been a lot higher had it not been for a poor 74 in last round.

Pablo Larrazabal 50/1 - I've had plenty of bets on Pablo and he keeps letting me down so not sure why im putting more on him lol. The weather this week in inverness looks like it's not going to resemble Scotland and look more like Spain could be one reason :)

John Deere

Nick Watney 40/1 - Played here for the first time last year with a respectable T13 finish and 4 rounds in the 60's. Winner on tour and 27th in the world rankings in quite a weak field. Not in great form so hopefully he can bounce back and do something here.

Kyle Stanley 50/1 - backed him last week for 1st round leader and he shot a 77 so I'm giving him a chance to redeem himself. Played better in round 2 shooting a 68 so hoping he'll take positives away from greenbrier. Finishes of T19 (2012) and T2 (2011) in this event also gives me hope.

EW doubles and singles

Good luck all as always
  • edited July 2013
    I was actually going to go for Laird! When it came to research I forgot about him... Oops!
  • edited July 2013
    1st round leader bets

Scottish

Mark Warren 50/1 -

Bernd Wiesberger 40/1

John Deere

Brendon de jonge  40/1

Ricky Barnes  150/1

All in decent form and barnes is just a bit of a punt.

50p each way doubles.

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Scottish Open + John Deere Classic) Year Profit: +629.96pts:
    I was actually going to go for Laird! When it came to research I forgot about him... Oops!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Laird always falls apart when I back him so you'll be glad you forgot him by about lunch time on thurday lol
  • edited July 2013
    Scots open

Mannessero   28/1    £50  ew

Open

Manessero  66/1     £50  ew
    Oosthuizen   50/1    £50  ew

Gone for it.
    P.s   I like Manessero , he will win majors !
  • edited July 2013
    Scots open Mannessero   28/1    £50  ew Open Manessero  66/1     £50  ew Oosthuizen   50/1    £50  ew Gone for it. P.s   I like Manessero , he will will majors !
    Posted by 1267
    lol as soon as I'd seen that you posted, I knew Manny would be your bet :P

But you're right, he will win majors.

gl
  • edited July 2013
    Just for lol's I've done a Stricker, Inbee Park and Fred Couples treble. 226/1 ... Not very good odds, but hey it's £1

Also did 162/1 with the same combo, but Stricker top 10 and Molinari top 10.
  • edited July 2013
    I received a free £5 match bet from a certain Irish bookies so simply based on the fact that no American has won this since 97 or 98 I,ve plumped for my favourite player (well apart from the Brits) - the favourite  Phil Mickleson. 
    I know its a links course but its also probably the reason he,s such good odds. If he can just keep it on the fairways he should be up there come Sunday -GL (gonna save my free £5 bet for nxt weeks open)

Single: Mickelson, Phil @ 18/1 
    1 line at £5.00 per line 
    Total stake for this bet: £5.00 
    Potential returns: £95.00 
  • edited July 2013
    1ST ROUND LEADER 16 X 50P E/W DOUBLES FOR THE CRAIC

SCOTTISH OPEN 

THOMAS BJORN 33/1
    BRANDEN GRACE 50/1
    MIKKO ILONEN 50/1
    PETER UIHLEIN 50/1

JOHN DEERE 

CHRLEY HOFFMAN 40/1
    KEVIN STREELMAN 50/1
    KYLE STANLEY 50/1
    RORY SABBATINI 80/1

2 £5 E/W SINGLES ON 1ST ROUND FOR UIHLEIN AND HOFFMAN RESPECTIVELY, AND A 2 QUID E/W TICKLER ON OPEN FANCY FOR NEXT WEEK THOMAS AIKEN FOR 1ST ROUND TOMORROW 

• edited July 2013
    Well after seeing Louis show a bit of form last week, and seeing the write up on the PGA site for him this week, I put him in my fantasy team. He has just birdied the first hole so I've put a quick £5 e/w bet on him at 22/1... He then instantly got cut to 16/1 :-)
  • edited July 2013
    John Deere Classic

Steve Stricker 6/1
    Charley Hoffman 35/1
  • edited July 2013
    First bets for te Open -

Think one of them is due and Stensons score today suggests he,s on fire at the minute. Poulter was up there at Birkdale and could have won if hadnt been for Harringtons monster last 4 or 5 holes on the Sunday. They can both handle the pressure and Poulter esp thrives off it at the Open

(£5 on each to win)
    Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    Ian Poulter60£0.06£3.54

Ian Poulter60£2.88£169.92

Ian Poulter60£2.06£121.54

Henrik Stenson50£5.00£245.00
    EDIT - Just noticed the odds on F Molinari and surely has to be overpriced - str8 hitter - another good round today

Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfitThe Open Championship 2013Francesco MolinariWinner 130.94  £2.76  £358.64
    Ref: 28187262901M Matched: 17:38 12-Jul-13
  • edited July 2013
    Well the Oosthuizen bet went horribly wrong!

Kohles was actually doing OK, he shot -3 yesterday then was -2 thru 3 and sat in T7.. he then double bogied and never really recovered. :( ... Jimenez missed the cut in Scotland, so it's all down to my main bets, Stricker and Molinari
  • edited July 2013
  • edited July 2013
    With Mickelsonnot getting off to a great start in the Scots Open had 1 more bet

Win 
    Single: Molinari, Francesco @ 11/1 
    1 line at £5.00 per line 
  • edited July 2013
    I'm off on holiday tomorrow with the family. I'll be back Friday night, so I'll put my Open bets up now...

As you know I've been backing Louis Oosthuizen most the season for this. His form is terrible, so it's going to take a miracle for him to win this now :(.

Gone with 2 saver bets, both from SA. Schwartzel @40/1 - super consistant, and 40/1 is too big IMO. and Brandon Grace @66/1 - He's got Billy Foster back on the bag, and that's already made an impact this week with him in Scotland.

GL all
  • edited July 2013

Wanna keep the excitement going after that dramatic Ashes test match, so decided to watch some....golf! :D

Never heard of either player, but looking at the scoreboard I've gone for JB Hansen £1 @ 25/1 and J.Parry £4 @ 16/1 just because they're joint 2nd, same as PM, who is 3/1!!!

wut?!?!?!?

Surely anything can happen in 1 round why r they such a bigger price?

Shud get half a sweat at least.
  • edited July 2013
    Those with good memories will know Grace did me a good turn last year.... So I'm nipping in with him @ 7/1 for todays event, and I'm having my 1st bet of this years Open too. Taking the 80/1 about Grace whist it's there ew. He's had back to back wins twice in his career so it won't put him off for The Open if he sneaks a win today. Loves wind and links golf.
  • edited July 2013
    Enjoy the holiday flash. Gl JJ. Just got back from Trent Bridge :D relieved more than anything that we got the job done. What happened with the final wicket? Review took ages, I couldn't see hotspot that clearly on the big screens.
  • edited July 2013
    Wanna keep the excitement going after that dramatic Ashes test match, so decided to watch some....golf! :D Never heard of either player, but looking at the scoreboard I've gone for JB Hansen £1 @ 25/1 and J.Parry £4 @ 16/1 just because they're joint 2nd, same as PM, who is 3/1!!! wut?!?!?!? Surely anything can happen in 1 round why r they such a bigger price? Shud get half a sweat at least.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This guy has gone Par, quadrouple bogey, birdie, birdie, birdie,birdie.    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last wicket was all abit surreal, Jimmy didn't even seem to appeal properly, but it was a clear edge, hotspot/snicko and the sound were all clear. Think umpire just wanted to make totally sure. Drama!

Another birdie putt for JB!!!!! 

edit* BINK! 

Bet he was 500/1 after taking 9 @ the 2nd! 
  • edited July 2013
    Lol if he wins now they'll be talking about it for years.

Strange that both jimmy and the umpire missed the edge. Bring on Lords! You reckon they'll stick with Finn as its his home ground?
  • edited July 2013
    I'm off on holiday tomorrow with the family. I'll be back Friday night, so I'll put my Open bets up now... As you know I've been backing Louis Oosthuizen most the season for this. His form is terrible, so it's going to take a miracle for him to win this now :(. Gone with 2 saver bets, both from SA. Schwartzel @40/1 - super consistant, and 40/1 is too big IMO. and Brandon Grace @66/1 - He's got Billy Foster back on the bag, and that's already made an impact this week with him in Scotland. GL all
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Pffffff thought I was 1st in on Grace lol..... Enjoy your hols and stop taking 14 points less than u need too!! Lazy-ight-ous!!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to post:
    I received a free £5 match bet from a certain Irish bookies so simply based on the fact that no American has won this since 97 or 98 I,ve plumped for my favourite player (well apart from the Brits) - the favourite  Phil Mickleson.  I know its a links course but its also probably the reason he,s such good odds. If he can just keep it on the fairways he should be up there come Sunday -GL (gonna save my free £5 bet for nxt weeks open) Single: Mickelson, Phil @ 18/1  1 line at £5.00 per line  Total stake for this bet:  £5.00   Potential returns: £95.00 
    Posted by MP33
    WTF - what was he thinking - trying to put on a finish and hole it when he didnt need to

EDIT : Phew