You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Oh well..... Two 1st round leader bets played the 1st hiole 5 over between themselves.. Nice!! It's very quiet on here.... I wonder why... Lets hope for a better day tomorrow. I'm adding Molinari to my bets ew 1st 5 @  33/1. 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Open Championship) Year Profit: +609.96pts:
    Watched the end of P.Miks round today, seemed to leave a couple of shots behind on the 17th and 18th with par/bogey :( How good is -2?  He has to play when it's harder tomorrow? Marcel Siems to have let me down again, giving up on that wally. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I almost backed him after a strong finish of the Sunday the week before and Phil Mickleson is now best priced 10/1 so looking good - although there is loads of other stuff to take into account with the weather - will theyt water it more tonight so it doesn,t dry out as it did today playing 2 shots harder?
     also supposed to be an easterly wind tommorow  which will help the players who got there earlier in the week for practise one day when it blew that way apparantly 

I,ve backed Phil and still confident he,ll be in the mix on Sunday
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah, that didn't really go to plan.

From what I saw it was difficult to tell if anyone was really playing well.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow.
  • edited July 2013
    at one point I thought i was going to have a good day but as time went on I got more disappointed as several of my players threatened then faded especially in the 1st round market i.e. poulter and Laird. Although Laird isnt badly placed overall.

Outrights aren't doing too badly

mickelson   -2 well placed
    stenson      -1 (glad I went for him instead of McDowell).
    Bjorn          +2 after a terrible start he came back well so i imagine he is pretty disappointed not to be sitting at level par.
    Haas          +6 looked like he might be well placed for a while but just fell apart on the back 9 shooting +5.
    Maybin       +7 started badly then got it back to +1 two doubles on the 9th and 10th made the round a write off. still he was my outside bet.

still don't think anyone sitting at +2/3 is out of it yet but a lot will depend on how they set it up tomorrow. After all the criticism today will the pins be more accessible or will they leave that for the Saturday?

Definitely think there could be some good value to be found on the in play markets because that leaderboard is going to change very quickly at times.

Woods looked impressive on the back 9 though when everyone else was struggling.

edit: laird had a lot of birdies today so i've added him to my team at 40/1
  • edited July 2013
    Very pleased with Woods yesterday, hoping he can play just aswell this morning.

Anyone win any money on 1st rd leadre market?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Open Championship) Year Profit: +609.96pts:
    Very pleased with Woods yesterday, hoping he can play just aswell this morning. Anyone win any money on 1st rd leadre market?
    Posted by splashies
    Yes Tiger played like the favourite and man to beat yesterday, that 10/1 looks MASSIVE right now, well done so far.

Absolutely zero returns on day 1 for me.

Some big disappointments for me but Kaymer's still in touch and Cabrerra-Bello, was one of my 4 ante post bets, so all is not lost and maybe one of my flops from yesterday will put in a low round today.

Just in case they don't, I've started the day with bets on a couple of crowd favourites, which may be a sign of desperation on my part.

Lee Westwood - 28/1 Win
    Padraig Harrington - 150/1 ew
  • edited July 2013
    ive had cheeky fiver each way yesterday on Laird at 50/1 as magic sign overpriced him (was 66/1 a few moments before i palced it , already in clubhouse) and then shortly after again they caught on and clipped him into 40's. 

impressed with him today, gonna go to billy hills and further tenner staight at 33/1 

and £20 win on CHARL at 40/1 PP 

aiken plus 5 thru 7 today OUCH. just hope he can think his way round the back 9 here and make the weekend, anyone going out tomorrow morning, if the conditions go as per yday and this afternoon, are at an advantage, can see the leaders coming back to the group each day if that the case as conditions get tougher mid afternoon, so your never out of it if you line up on Saturday, theyre reckoning +6 may sneak in 
  • edited July 2013
    Back from holiday. Seeing Louis cry off after only 8 holes dampened it for me a bit! So I'm glad I had Grace and Schwartzel as savers. GL all.
  • edited July 2013

Welcome back Flash, thought of you when they showed Louis getting a lift back to the clubhouse.

A big turn around for Schwartzel, after his club abuse and outrageous luck yesterday, he looked totally in control today.

I remember you posting on here a few weeks ago about having the balls to post all your bets on here.

So after seeing Kaymer drop to +3, I confess to just backing Thomas Bjorn ew at 150/1, he's about to play the treacherous 6th, so I've set him up for a messageboard jinx.

I've also backed Angel Cabrera at 33/1 to be leading at the end of day 2 and am on him at 100/1 for outright.

Good luck All!!

• edited July 2013
    Had one more bet - a tough few holes left to play but it looks like the leaders might have a disadvantage tommorow when the greens dry out again so still anyones from +4 i reckon

laced (matched)

Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    The Open Championship 2013 http://sn4.cdnbf.net/exchange/page/images/darker_sprite_11251_.png'); background-color: transparent; width: 16px; height: 16px; text-indent: -9999px; display: inline-block; zoom: 1; vertical-align: middle; margin-left: 4px; background-position: 0px -1331px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="inplay">(In-Play)
    Rafael Cabrera BelloWinner100£2.00£198.00
    Ref: 28325770911M Matched: 17:46 19-Jul-13
  • edited July 2013
    Had one more bet - a tough few holes left to play but it looks like the leaders might have a disadvantage tommorow when the greens dry out again so still anyones from +4 i reckon 

I think you are bang on there, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the lead is just -2 at the end of play today.

Agree that the best rounds tomorrow are likely to come from the early starters tomorrow, so am looking at the in running markets more than I would normally.

I think there has to be some real value at the moment, it's just a matter of finding it.

IF Thomas Bjorn can par his way in to finish on +2, i reckon the 150/1 on offer at the moment is way overpriced, when you consider he's got links form and been playing very well over the last month.

• edited July 2013
    As things stand I'm hoping for a birdie from either Cabrera or Johnson as I don't want Westy playing with Tiger... 
  • edited July 2013
    Molinari and Grace my only chances now ! 

Fnacy Schwartzel n day at 25/1 and 40/1 !  after watching them. Schwartzel looking espeically good.  Think im going to save my money though and hope Molinari wins it somehow.

Still don't think Westwoods got a win in him.  Tiger is far too short,  wouldnt mind seeing him winning it though.

In for an exciting 2 days !
  • edited July 2013

after Clarke birdied the 2nd I put a sentimental £1 ew on him at 250/1 which looked like an absolutely masterstroke when he then went on to birdie the next two. the 8 obviously brought my self congratulations to a quick end but he's still well placed. £70 if he finishes in the top 5 isn't too shabby.

Mickelson didn't have a fun afternoon but salvaged what could have been a car crash round with some great up and downs. hopefully that's his bad round out of the way and he can make a charge at it at the weekend.

My other saver bet laird is ticking along nicely.

When do the tee times get announced?

Edt: scrap that just seen them

• edited July 2013
    my mate got clarke 750's on betfair!!! hes ripping abouyt the snowman on the 6th but hey he still bang there
  • edited July 2013
    my mate got clarke 750's on betfair!!! hes ripping abouyt the snowman on the 6th but hey he still bang there
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    He's playing as well as anyone at the moment so hope he gives me a good sweat. 750 is a great price for someone sitting top 15, an open champion and born and bred on links golf
  • edited July 2013
    he backed it antepost of course. yeah a great price wish id have seen it! 
  • edited July 2013
    ach its the open afterall so will do a few more. at least if any hit ill be in good profit and even a place from any will show profit for weekend overall and Martin Laird still very much live from yday, missed the 40/1 on Charl he was clipped when leaders came back but on straight at 28/1.

GMAC 100/1  £10 E/W 
    BRANDEN GRACE 100/1 £5 E/W
    MATT KUCHAR 250/1 £2 E/W
    HARRIS ENGLISH 250/1 £2 E/W 

• edited July 2013
    1267, Westwoods played & putted beautifully so far. He's been a tad unlucky in a couple of spots too!

I think he deserves a major! But maybe saying that because I've £5 e/w on him at 28/1 :)
  • edited July 2013
    Don't get me wrong, Westwood certainly deserves a major .  Just don't think he has the mental toughness.  Putting has been on fire for the first time EVER.   Don't think he will make the putts when he needs them most on Sunday though.   Whereas Tiger definately will,  if hes in contention Sunday afty.
  • edited July 2013
    Well if you had told me at the start of the tournament, Graham DeLaet will be paired with Ernie Els on day 3, I'd have been well chuffed!

Just a pity they are near the back of the field and need a low round of the week to have an outside chance of a place.
  • edited July 2013
    Saver bet as my 3 picks don't look to clever.

£20 mickelson top 10 finish @ 1.91.

Surprised there still offering this type of bet.

Be lucky.
  • edited July 2013
    Looking at some of the early starters scores i,ve gone for a cpl more outsiders who , with a good round can get back back in with a chance as the leaders will fall back into the field imo with the course getting harder again later on

Sergio Garcia 250 £2.00    £498.00

Graeme McDowell 130  £1.27

£163.83

Graeme McDowell 130  £0.73  £94.17

Brandt Snedeker 430   £0.25   £107.25

Brandt Snedeker 430   £1.72   £737.88

Brandt Snedeker 430   £0.03    £12.87
  • edited July 2013

Following the inplay betting on WH, Phil Mick is 20/1 there currently even par after 15 holes in round 3.

Dnt have a WH account I can use so log in to bet365, happy to take any price around 20s

They have him @ 11/1 :(
  • edited July 2013
    Holy sh!t 5 mins later and he's 40/1.

He must've hit it in the sea twice or something, glad I faded that.

edit*

OK it was just a bogey.

Deposited on WH and had a fiver on, taken 40/1, he's +2 after 16, 4 off the lead.

He's around 16/1 everywhere else. Standout price. lets goooooo
  • edited July 2013

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL X 1,000

I was looking at the first round leader market.

Just f.o bookies you own me so bad!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahah iwpfjvoiuwdjvufejciefjciwjef

£5 on a 40/1 shot that should be 40,000/1

good game.
  • edited July 2013
    ^^^ quality

even more so, if it was 1st rd leader market...I assume u meant 3rd.

• edited July 2013
    Keep it together tomorrow Westwood. A boring Faldo like 18 pars  gets the job done. The whole Country (and my pocket) is right behind u. It's your time!! Gl....
  • edited July 2013
    Yeh it was 3rd round, sorry.

Had the last fiver on Phil @ 25/1 anyway.

It could all end well!!!!
  • edited July 2013
    Don't get me wrong, Westwood certainly deserves a major .  Just don't think he has the mental toughness.  Putting has been on fire for the first time EVER.   Don't think he will make the putts when he needs them most on Sunday though.   Whereas Tiger definately will,  if hes in contention Sunday afty.
    Posted by 1267
    not sure its about mental toughness or more about variance lol law of averages says he cant keep making 4 20 footers a round! he's about 0.2 putts per hole better than anyone else.

I'm down to two runners now, after laird and Clarke fell apart today, mickelson and stenson and they're some way back. Stenson played well and missed a lot of makeable putts and then three putted the last which had me swearing at the tv :(

I suppose if Clarke or bjorn have magic rounds in the -4 region the could squeak an ew place. need a westwood blow up though at least a +3 round I think for for either stenson or phil to have a chance.

good luck to all for the final day unless you have money on adam scott - cant stand the guy don't know why!