You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Open Championship) Year Profit: +609.96pts:
    Keep it together tomorrow Westwood. A boring Faldo like 18 pars  gets the job done. The whole Country (and my pocket) is right behind u. It's your time!! Gl....
    Posted by joesman1
    This!

Come on Westy!!!!!!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Open Championship) Year Profit: +609.96pts:
    Els 28/1 Fowler 50/1 Mahan 70/1 Watson 100/1 Cabrera 125/1 k J Choi 175/1 T Clark 200/1 All E/W first 7
    Posted by shuv
    Its Nice to have a couple of players in with a chance on the Sunday makes a nice change.....If it wasnt for a poor finsih from Cabrera yesterday would be even nicer!!
  • edited July 2013
    Looking at some of the early starters scores i,ve gone for a cpl more outsiders who , with a good round can get back back in with a chance as the leaders will fall back into the field imo with the course getting harder again later on Sergio Garcia 250 £2.00    £498.00   Graeme McDowell 130  £1.27    £163.83   Graeme McDowell 130  £0.73  £94.17 Brandt Snedeker 430   £0.25   £107.25   Brandt Snedeker 430   £1.72   £737.88   Brandt Snedeker 430   £0.03    £12.87
    Posted by MP33

This could look really good at 5pm this afternoon. Gone in 60's twice so far and if ntfor Fridays horror round would be leading. Backed Fiver e/w meself at 80/1 as laird et al had nightmares. 
  • edited July 2013
    Westwood to come second again aka monty in the majors. Always the bridesmaid never the bride. 
  • edited July 2013
    Got 2nd 3rd and 4th  - Just need westwood to mess up
  • edited July 2013
    Yeh it was 3rd round, sorry. Had the last fiver on Phil @ 25/1 anyway. It could all end well!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    SURELY I CAN FIST PUMP THIS 1, NOTHING CAN GO WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

18 x 3

25 x 5

SHIP IT BOOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2013
    Wd Phil - Stuck with him from last week and although Stenson and Poulter wudda won me about 3 x more happy to see Phil win again
  • edited July 2013
    There's a certain Irish bookie giving treble the odds to new phone customers- tempted to throw 10 quid on phil at 56/1
    Posted by jdsallstar

Ahhhh I didn't do it!

Got my main phil bet though and the stenson place made it a nice open 4 me

• edited July 2013
    Lol, well Done DOHHHHHHH :)

Phil Mickleson didn't do too badly either!

Also, congrats MP33 and any one else on lefty.

Edit: Well done JD
  • edited July 2013
    Well play JJ and other phil backers. Strange game this.
  • edited July 2013
    well done lefty,  nice family man and overall good chap. pleased for him. and just glad and relieved the serial adulterer didnt win
  • edited July 2013
    with no bridgestone pricing up ive already looked ahead to the USPGA and MARTIN LAIRD jumps off page. 125/1 for a guy who really impressed me for 40 holes this week. a 9 on a par 4 was always gonna blow the stuffing outta anyone. 
  • edited July 2013
    Wd all those on Lefty.... At least Poulter gave me a bonus return to go along with Westy. Really was hoping for a big return, not just a good one though..... Grrrrrr
  • edited July 2013

Nice one Phil had a tenner on you at 18/1 :-)

• edited July 2013
    Well my non pick Stenson nearly did it.

well done Phil
  • edited July 2013
    can i say well done to big lefty well deserved didnt back him but got 60s on poulter so got a few bob back off that so well chuffed gl all today
  • edited July 2013
    Well I'm off on my travels again this afternoon.

I'll be gone for a couple of week's so happy tipping all and good luck at the SPT Flash, you are in my fantasy team, so I'm hoping you do a bit better than that Joesman bloke did last time!

Canadian Open this week, I'll see if I can do a bit of research before I leave and find a Canadian with some decent form and stats ;)
  • edited July 2013
    Well I'm off on my travels again this afternoon. I'll be gone for a couple of week's so happy tipping all and good luck at the SPT Flash, you are in my fantasy team, so I'm hoping you do a bit better than that Joesman bloke did last time! Canadian Open this week, I'll see if I can do a bit of research before I leave and find a Canadian with some decent form and stats ;)
    Posted by TheDart
    Cheers mate.

I really enjoyed when we did 6max last time, it's so much more fun than slow boring live 9 or 10 handed. Hopefully I can try win something for us both! (I need it after coming up dry on the golf for about a month now). Online poker isn't much better at the moment either!
  • edited July 2013
    Well I'm off on my travels again this afternoon. I'll be gone for a couple of week's so happy tipping all and good luck at the SPT Flash, you are in my fantasy team, so I'm hoping you do a bit better than that Joesman bloke did last time! Canadian Open this week, I'll see if I can do a bit of research before I leave and find a Canadian with some decent form and stats ;)
    Posted by TheDart
    Oi!!

Bet u regret not putting me in your team this time!!!!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Open Championship) Year Profit: +609.96pts : Oi!! Bet u regret not putting me in your team this time!!!!
    Posted by joesman1
    What could I do, you aren't registered for the event, so I couldn't pick you.

Obviously if I'd know you were playing, you'd have been my captain!

Now I have 'insiders' knowledge I could change my team, but that wouldn't be fair on everyone else.

Good luck Neil, though I'm sure you are going to enjoy the,weekend good luck or not!

• edited July 2013
    Early doors value spotting... Van der Walt.. 50/1 with Sky. I had him on my shortlist before any odds were up, he is 28/1 and 33/1 with the other bookies ATM. I've done a quick £3 e/w because he is bound to go down to 33 or 40 in the next hour or 2
  • edited July 2013
    Early doors value spotting... Van der Walt.. 50/1 with Sky. I had him on my shortlist before any odds were up, he is 28/1 and 33/1 with the other bookies ATM. I've done a quick £3 e/w because he is bound to go down to 33 or 40 in the next hour or 2
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Do you know anything about him?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Open Championship) Year Profit: +609.96pts : Do you know anything about him?
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Well I don't know him personally no ;-)

He first came to my attention earlier in the year when they were doing the South African swing. He got 5th in the African Open, he hasn't done a lot since, but came 2nd on a co-sanctioned event last month when he lost to Simon Thornton in a play off. He then backed that up with a T29 at the BMW Open which is a much harder field. He hasn't played since then, so not sure what's caused that... FWIW, he also had T25 the week before he got that 2nd place, so has been in the top 30 for his last 3 starts.

The European tour site shows the course is fairly long which doesn't help as he is a short hitter, but the rough is very punishing, which would be in his favour as he is 12th in driving accuracy.
  • edited July 2013
    Adding to that... I'm a bit of a sucker for South African players, I think they are extremely good, so this may be why I'm about to mention another player... 

Having a look again at the course details, the main points are the rough is punishing and around the greens is very difficult, so obviously you want a straight driver with good scrambling.

So like I siad above: Van Der Walt - 12th Accuracy - 11th Scrambling. (50/1) But also...

James Kingston Accuracy 16th - Scrambling 3rd! (40/1 - 55/1) ... Also 8th for putts per green in regulation and 6th for overall putts!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Open Championship) Year Profit: +609.96pts : Well I don't know him personally no ;-) He first came to my attention earlier in the year when they were doing the South African swing. He got 5th in the African Open, he hasn't done a lot since, but came 2nd on a co-sanctioned event last month when he lost to Simon Thornton in a play off. He then backed that up with a T29 at the BMW Open which is a much harder field. He hasn't played since then, so not sure what's caused that... FWIW, he also had T25 the week before he got that 2nd place, so has been in the top 30 for his last 3 starts. The European tour site shows the course is fairly long which doesn't help as he is a short hitter, but the rough is very punishing, which would be in his favour as he is 12th in driving accuracy.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    If you haven't shared a pint with the guy then its just lazy research to be honest. Some minor stalking at the very least is required :)

Having said that some good info there and had a little wager myself of £2 ew lol 

Good tipping!

• edited July 2013
    Russian Open

What a shocking field this is.

Tommy Fleetwood 2pts e/w @ 25/1. Event returning to the course for first time in 5 years. Fleetwood holds the course record, set in a challenge tour event.

Alexandre Kaleka 2pts e/w @ 66/1. Won the challenge tour event on this very course last year.

Canadian Open

Graeme De Laet 2pts e/w @ 35/1. Why not eh, havent done any research for this event as it's too hot and i cba. I'm sure Darty will post good reasons why.

Hideki Matsuyama 2pts e/w @ 40/1. What a talent this kid is, with excellent performance in the majors this year. One for the future, but a gut pick this week.

4 e/w doubles.
  • edited July 2013
    Russian Open What a shocking field this is. Tommy Fleetwood 2pts e/w @ 25/1 . Event returning to the course for first time in 5 years. Fleetwood holds the course record, set in a challenge tour event. Alexandre Kaleka 2pts e/w @ 66/1 . Won the challenge tour event on this very course last year. Canadian Open Graeme De Laet 2pts e/w @ 35/1 . Why not eh, havent done any research for this event as it's too hot and i cba. I'm sure Darty will post good reasons why. Hideki Matsuyama 2pts e/w @ 40/1 . What a talent this kid is, with excellent performance in the majors this year. One for the future, but a gut pick this week. 4 e/w doubles.
    Posted by splashies
    It was a different course back then. You're correct that is was used on the challenge tour though.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Open Championship) Year Profit: +609.96pts : What could I do, you aren't registered for the event, so I couldn't pick you. Obviously if I'd know you were playing, you'd have been my captain! Now I have 'insiders' knowledge I could change my team, but that wouldn't be fair on everyone else. Good luck Neil, though I'm sure you are going to enjoy the,weekend good luck or not!
    Posted by TheDart
    Lol @ Darty..... I've waited til it was opened up.... I'll reg tomorrow if I don't get in after one attempt at the semi. 
  • edited July 2013
    Low key event, poor field, no TV coverage.... But I'll have a dabble on a future star Morten Orum Madsen ew 28/1.. Tom Lehman 12/1 win only for the round bellies. 
  • edited July 2013
    Gone for a different approach this week. 3 in Europe and 1 win only in America

Madsen 25/1
    Kingston 50/1
    Korhonen 100/1

Mahan 18/1 - Win only

£1 e/w doubles