You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited August 2013
    on another point just had a look at rory mcilroy results on the world golf rankings website

http://www.officialworldgolfranking.com/players/bio.sps?ID=10091&name=Rory&Rank=3&TotalPts=399.48535

Looking at his form in 2011 and 2012 he has gone on a turbo charged run of good results from the WGC bridgestone onwards in both years - can it happen again?!
  • edited August 2013
    OK, so I've not really given this much thought. Like I said, I suck at these bigger events, and I think Tiger is in a class of his own at the moment.

Tiger £10 win only 9/2
    Rory £5 win only 33/1
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Bridgestone) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Bridgestone) Year Profit: +554.96pts : Morning Dart. Just picking up on what you said above - is that purely just a length of the tee thing? just curious in case there's something else i'm missing for future events.
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Hi jd, I believe it's a combination of length and wider fairways, GMac doesn't have the game to over power a golf course and doesn't benefit so much when his accuracy off the tee isn't rewarded.

I believe (this part is just my opinion) that there are certain holes on courses like  Firestone, where GMac is always going to be under pressure to make par, never mind birdie.

We know his strengths are patience and the ability to grind and find those fairways with relative ease, when those around him are letting the odd tee shot go and dropping shots.

He's by no means a 'shorty' but he clearly likes the tough courses, which demand precision more than strength.

Like you I'm a massive GMac fan and for me I have great difficulty in 'not backing' him in Majors.

My intitial thoughts were he could have a big chance this week, then I lost confidence with the suggestion power would be a big factor this week.

Anyway all said and done, he isn't one of my main picks this week but I've now had a saver on him at 66/1, so I'm happy :)

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Bridgestone) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Bridgestone) Year Profit: +554.96pts : Hi jd, I believe it's a combination of length and wider fairways, GMac doesn't have the game to over power a golf course and doesn't benefit so much when his accuracy off the tee isn't rewarded. I believe (this part is just my opinion) that there are certain holes on courses like  Firestone, where GMac is always going to be under pressure to make par, never mind birdie. We know his strengths are patience and the ability to grind and find those fairways with relative ease, when those around him are letting the odd tee shot go and dropping shots. He's by no means a 'shorty' but he clearly likes the tough courses, which demand precision more than strength. Like you I'm a massive GMac fan and for me I have great difficulty in 'not backing' him in Majors. My intitial thoughts were he could have a big chance this week, then I lost confidence with the suggestion power would be a big factor this week. Anyway all said and done, he isn't one of my main picks this week but I've now had a saver on him at 66/1, so I'm happy :)
    Posted by TheDart
    Cheers dart nice analysis there. I always like having money on gmac because he rarely just collapses and gives up. Even when he has bad start or bad run of holes he keeps fighting and scraping!

always nice when you have money on someone that they at least try lol
  • edited August 2013
    Have used my free £5 bet on Stenson £2.50 e/w

Be lucky
  • edited August 2013
    just looking at my account and I already have some bets I put on before/during british open: Kuchar 36/1 McDowell 34/1 Stenson 66/1 (that looks a pretty decent bet now at those odds) Haas 80/1 Cabrera 100/1 might put a 5 quid on first round leaders or might put on some doubles/trebles with any other events on lol oh and I have a no deposit £10 free bet for signing up to betfred to use on someone! might go Zach Johnson, duffner or Bradley (he seems to like this time of year) with this.
    Posted by jdsallstar

In the interest of stating all bets my free £10 bet went on Zach Johnson. £5ew.

• edited August 2013
       £5 accum 3 balls 

1. 13:45 Furyk/Bjorn/UihleinJim Furyk @ 11/8
    2. 13:40 Olesen/Lynn/GayDavid Lynn @ 13/8
    3. 13:25 Stenson/Johnson/SchwartzelHenrik Stenson @ 6/4
    4. 13:05 McDowell/Els/HaasBill Haas @ 7/4
    5. 12:45 Dufner/Stricker/MatsuyamaJason Dufner @ 6/4
  • edited August 2013
    Few quid on Westwood @ 30/1, going B2B!
  • edited August 2013
    Stuck money down on Sneds - he is sooo goood, and always in the hunt. Just a pity he doesnt cut his hair.

My bets were:

10EW on:

- Snedeker
    -Kaymer
    -Manessero

Quick question, where is the best place to get good prices on the golf. 
  • edited August 2013
  • edited August 2013
       £5 accum 3 balls  13:45 Furyk/Bjorn/Uihlein Jim Furyk @ 11/8 13:40 Olesen/Lynn/Gay David Lynn @ 13/8 13:25 Stenson/Johnson/Schwartzel Henrik Stenson @ 6/4 13:05 McDowell/Els/Haas Bill Haas @ 7/4 12:45 Dufner/Stricker/Matsuyama Jason Dufner @ 6/4
    Posted by BELL_POKER

can someone please confirm if this is still a winner i.e the dufner part settled as a dead heat??? hope so!!! 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Bridgestone) Year Profit: +554.96pts : can someone please confirm if this is still a winner i.e the dufner part settled as a dead heat??? hope so!!! 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Firstly great effort Bell!

I am not 100% sure but I believe you will be paid out against Dufner as a dead heat first, so your bet should be a winner.

SkyBets rule are clear....

In 2 ball betting a price will be offered for the tie and dead heat rules will apply for 3 ball betting.

Don't know if the rules can change or if there are special circumstances from bookie to bookie though.

Hopefully you will be in profit.

• edited August 2013

Re: Rory McILroy...

What's the saying about form and class?

Of course it's early days. but great start for young Rory, not a penny on him from me though.

From my point of view, I am hoping Rory will drag Martin Kaymer along with him on the birdie train.

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Bridgestone) Year Profit: +554.96pts : can someone please confirm if this is still a winner i.e the dufner part settled as a dead heat??? hope so!!! 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    £267.90 you should get Bell.As dart says in 2 balls you woulda lost,but well done
  • edited August 2013
    thanks guys, i got paid and all  : )   sweet 
  • edited August 2013

Draw 'bias' ? ..................

If todays late starters have to come back to finish rnd 1 tomorrow morning, do they still get to start rnd 2 first?
  • edited August 2013
    This is Mannessero's time !

Backed him as per

Backed Donald aswell !  LUKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gl all.
  • edited August 2013
    Draw 'bias' ? .................. If todays late starters have to come back to finish rnd 1 tomorrow morning, do they still get to start rnd 2 first?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yes, the order of play remains the same.

The luck of the draw!
  • edited August 2013
    First off congrats Bell on the win!! wp!

what site/sites does everyone use for keeping track of the scores?

the pga website is very slow for this one they're at least a hole behind espn. problem with espn is you cant highlight your players to keep an eye on them.

Edit- scrap that pga championships own website ticks all the boxes :)
  • edited August 2013
    One bookmaker is currently offering some very generous odds on many of the players on the edge of things.

I've confessed many times I'm a sucker for players I rate when they are available at 3 figure odds, well my fingers were trembling on the keyboard at the chance to back Brett Rumford ew at 1000/1!

He's as 'low' as 150/1 elsewhere and currently sits tied 21st after 7 holes of his second round.
  • edited August 2013
    One bookmaker is currently offering some very generous odds on many of the players on the edge of things. I've confessed many times I'm a sucker for players I rate when they are available at 3 figure odds, well my fingers were trembling on the keyboard at the chance to back Brett Rumford ew at 1000/1! He's as 'low' as 150/1 elsewhere and currently sits tied 21st after 7 holes of his second round.
    Posted by TheDart
    and promptly goes, bogey, double, bogey, lol at me!
  • edited August 2013
    First off congrats Bell on the win!! wp! what site/sites does everyone use for keeping track of the scores? the pga website is very slow for this one they're at least a hole behind espn. problem with espn is you cant highlight your players to keep an eye on them. Edit- scrap that pga championships own website ticks all the boxes :)
    Posted by jdsallstar

cheers dude! 

i have found myself as of yesterday ditching the pga TOUR site and going straight to PGA.COM - more reliable info ive found - many mistakes on the TOUR site i usually always use, including scoring Bill Haas yesterday incorrectly throughout their coverage as well as having a 3 shot swing between lynna and olesen when they were really tied. cheesed me off especially when they were my bets and pga.COM much more accurate. also theres a lack of shot tracker for all majors which in find annoying as that one of the better features imo. 

and if alls lost i go straight to oddschecker for quicker updates, you can see your guy drift from 14/1 to 80/1 and it prepares you for the imminent bad news to come! 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Bridgestone) Year Profit: +554.96pts : cheers dude!  i have found myself as of yesterday ditching the pga TOUR site and going straight to PGA.COM - more reliable info ive found - many mistakes on the TOUR site i usually always use, including scoring Bill Haas yesterday incorrectly throughout their coverage as well as having a 3 shot swing between lynna and olesen when they were really tied. cheesed me off especially when they were my bets and pga.COM much more accurate. also theres a lack of shot tracker for all majors which in find annoying as that one of the better features imo.  and if alls lost i go straight to oddschecker for quicker updates, you can see your guy drift from 14/1 to 80/1 and it prepares you for the imminent bad news to come! 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    lol watching the odds is something I end up doing too.

pga tour site yesterday was pathetic. I had matt jones at 175/1 for first round leader and after 9 holes he was 1 off the lead. The pga tour site then had a meltdown and didn't update for about an hour. so I started watching the odds. Problem was on skybet he was drifting out and on betfair he was coming in lol didn't know what the fook was going on! when finally got his score he was -2 thru 16 so needed to birdie one of the last holes to place - he doubled the 17th and bogey'd the 18th. gg me!
  • edited August 2013
    Back off my hols, didn't manage to place any bets this week. May join in the fun in-play later. 
  • edited August 2013
    backed scott earlier at 8/1 - bogey birdie start thru 2 and as you were! 
  • edited August 2013
    No tourney's on the European tour this week, so research didn't take too long.

Wyndham Championship

Zach Johnson - 16/1 - I really feel Zach is going to get a win before the year is over. His last 4 finishes are 2nd after a playoff at the John Deere, T6 in the Open, T4 at Bridgestone and T8 at the PGA Championships. Some incredible results considering the fields, and this is a lot weaker than those. He hasn't played here since 2008, but even then he was only just outside the top 25 in between 2 missed cuts, so is certainly in better form this year.

Tim Clark - 50/1 - Had a good start to the year, and you have to go back to end of May where he last challenged, but he is one of very few with course form here. He has played 3 times in recent history. He came 2nd last year, T6 in 2008 and a W/D for what ever reason in 2009. So pretty good value for someone with 2 top 10's here in the past.
  • edited August 2013
    Just seen Westwood's twitter rant. Very funny indeed. Sounds like he is having a mid-life crisis.

Think I'm going to back out of my weekly golf bets for now. It's been a fanatstic year and I couldn't have imagined being +500pts in profit. I don't think things can get much better, so I'm bowing out on top.

I'll keep the thread going and may have some in-play bets in rd 3 + 4 for interest when I watch.

Good luck to the rest of you!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (USPGA) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    Just seen Westwood's twitter rant. Very funny indeed. Sounds like he is having a mid-life crisis. Think I'm going to back out of my weekly golf bets for now. It's been a fanatstic year and I couldn't have imagined being +500pts in profit. I don't think things can get much better, so I'm bowing out on top. I'll keep the thread going and may have some in-play bets in rd 3 + 4 for interest when I watch. Good luck to the rest of you!
    Posted by splashies
    Don't be silly, another double is just around the corner, you know it!
  • edited August 2013

With only one event this week and no tips from Splashies, I'm putting up 5 picks:

Martin Kaymer - 28/1, His 'A' game looks close, if everything clicks this week against this field he could win with ease.

Hideki Matsuyama - 33/1,Looks to be a special talent and delivered another impressive major performance last week. If he keeps doing what he is doing, Matsuyama is going to win sooner rather than later.

Boo Weekley - 55/1, Though his record isn't that great here, he has shot a 65 and I think he has the game and current form to go close this week.

Bud Cauley 100/1, Young Bud went in the notebook a few weeks ago, when I thought he was showing signs of the outstanding promise he showed last year. He was third on this course last year, so I'm hoping the combination of good course memories and an increase in confidence, might be enough for Bud Cauley to have a big week at big odds.

Matt Jones 125/1, His course form reads, three missed custs and a 69th place, but in 2013 it's a different Matt Jones.  He has 3 top 7 finishes in his last 6 events and was a very respectable 40th last week at Oak Hills. Matt Jones is as low as 66/1 with one bookmaker, 125/1 is too good to ignore.

Good Luck all!!!

• edited August 2013
    Martin Kaymer 25/1 - cant believe I'm putting money on kaymer but his form certainly looks to be on the up. despite shooting an 8 over par 3 round at the pga still managed to finish at +3 and t33 overall with his three other rounds all being in the red figures. still has something to prove so certainly should have the drive to go for the win here (betfair free bet used on this one)

Tim clark 50/1 - after reading flash's pick I looked at his record here which is quite impressive and he's in reasonably good form this year. Decent price too.

Matt Jones 125/1 - he was my first pick this week (especially at those odds). Think he's in decent form and think he will have got confidence after carding a final round of -2 in the pga.

1st round leader bets will probably be:

Tim clark
    Daniel Summerhays
    gainey/ishikawa/villegas

Maybe matt jones too depending on the odds haha

ps splashies cant believe you've decided to hit and run so close to the finish line lol not sure you'll be able to resist the fedex cup though!!