You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited August 2013

backing snedeker with my free bet. £2.50 e/w @ 16/1.

be lucky.

• edited August 2013
    Wyndham Championship

Zach Johnson 16/1
    Jordan Spieth 25/1
    Carl Petersson 60/1
    Bud Cauley 90/1
  • edited August 2013

If anybody still thinking of having a bet on the Wyndham, it might be worth checking out the 'without favourites' market on Skybet.

This is without, Simpson, Snedeker, Garcia, Johnson and Haas, 1/4 odds first 5

I've taken Matt Jones at 80/1, Boo Weekley and Jimmy Walker at 40/1

Good Luck all, lets have a winner and show Splashies it's too soon to quit ;)

• edited August 2013
    18:00 Toms/Crane/Appleby

David Toms @ 5/4

17:40 Johnson/Haas/Spieth

Zach Johnson @ 11/8

17:20 Walker/Villegas/Langley

Jimmy Walker @ 5/4

13:00 Byrd/Wagner/Bradley

Jonathan Byrd @ 11/10

£4 acca
  • edited August 2013
    1st round leader 

£4 e/w David Lingmerth @ 70/1

£3 e/w James Driscoll @ 125/1

£5 e/w Jimmy Walker @ 55/1
  • edited August 2013

I don't bother with the first round markets that often, but I've gone for the players I've backed outright, who have a morning tee time, so, first round leader ew....

Boo Weekley - 55/1
    Bud Cauley - 70/1
    Matt Jones - 80/1

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wyndham Championship) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    I don't bother with the first round markets that often, but I've gone for the players I've backed outright, who have a morning tee time, so, first round leader ew.... Boo Weekley - 55/1 Bud Cauley - 70/1 Matt Jones - 80/1
    Posted by TheDart

nice start on matt jones dude clubhouse leader for now at least!!!  : )
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wyndham Championship) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    I don't bother with the first round markets that often, but I've gone for the players I've backed outright, who have a morning tee time, so, first round leader ew.... Boo Weekley - 55/1 Bud Cauley - 70/1 Matt Jones - 80/1
    Posted by TheDart

nice start on matt jones dude clubhouse leader for now at least!!!  : )
  • edited August 2013
    and JD as well only noticed youd put him up before! wp 
  • edited August 2013
    Cheers Bell.

Looks like Matt Jones is going to end up in a crowded tied 2nd position, so just a small profit for the first round leader bet, but well placed after day 1.

• edited August 2013
    Gd shout on Matt Jones, backed him a couple of times this year.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (USPGA) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    No tourney's on the European tour this week, so research didn't take too long. Wyndham Championship Zach Johnson - 16/1 - I really feel Zach is going to get a win before the year is over. His last 4 finishes are 2nd after a playoff at the John Deere, T6 in the Open, T4 at Bridgestone and T8 at the PGA Championships. Some incredible results considering the fields, and this is a lot weaker than those. He hasn't played here since 2008, but even then he was only just outside the top 25 in between 2 missed cuts, so is certainly in better form this year. Tim Clark - 50/1 - Had a good start to the year, and you have to go back to end of May where he last challenged, but he is one of very few with course form here. He has played 3 times in recent history. He came 2nd last year, T6 in 2008 and a W/D for what ever reason in 2009. So pretty good value for someone with 2 top 10's here in the past.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Good Luck with Johnson today Flash!
  • edited August 2013
    Get in matt jones!!! only a £10 place return but I had given up any hope of getting any result in this one and have just checked the leaderboard there now to discover he finished in a 3 way tie for 5th lol
  • edited August 2013
    Get in matt jones!!! only a £10 place return but I had given up any hope of getting any result in this one and have just checked the leaderboard there now to discover he finished in a 3 way tie for 5th lol
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Yes, I hadn't considered he had any chance today, a last round 62 is superb and completed a Matt Jones four timer for me this week, with place finishes at 80/1 for first round leader, 80/1 outright without the favourties, 125/1 outright and a 16/1 winner for top rest of world player.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wyndham Championship) Year Profit: +554.96pts : Yes, I hadn't considered he had any chance today, a last round 62 is superb and completed a Matt Jones four timer for me this week, with place finishes at 80/1 for first round leader, 80/1 outright without the favourties, 125/1 outright and a 16/1 winner for top rest of world player.
    Posted by TheDart
    very nice dart wp! don't think the bookies will make the mistake of putting him up at 125/1 for a while!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wyndham Championship) Year Profit: +554.96pts : very nice dart wp! don't think the bookies will make the mistake of putting him up at 125/1 for a while!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Don't speak to soon, I see he is priced at 125/1 again, though admittedly against a much stronger field.

Still overprice IMHO!

I'm off on my travels so looks like it up to JD, Flash and Wynne to keep things going.

Best of Luck all!!!
  • edited August 2013
    wp guys, darty you the man!!!
  • edited August 2013
    WD on getting some $ out of Matt Jones... I got a small return from Zach, but it was watered down, so was still a loss :(. Shame, I really thought he had it when he was on the lead.

This week...

Jonnie Walker

Simon Dyson - 30/1
    Mark Foster - 80/1

Barclays

Webb Simpson - 33/1
    Lee Westwood - 40/1 (Could go either way after the outbursts the other week... Could miss the CUT, but could win by 5 shots!)
  • edited August 2013
    Wyndham Championship Zach Johnson 16/1 Jordan Spieth 25/1 Carl Petersson 60/1 Bud Cauley 90/1
    Posted by wynne1938
    A bit unlucky here as well, collected 2 places,small loss.
  • edited August 2013
    This weeks picks:

Barclays

Webb Simpson 33/1     - seems to be to have been near the top of leaderboards for a few weeks running without really challenging - hoping he can make a breakthrough in this one. Respectable T8 here in 2009.

Matt Kuchar 30/1          - he let me down in the pga after going so well for two rounds hoping he can make amends this week.

Greame McDowell 50/1  - after a few tough events for gmac, he finished a decent t12 in the pga finishing very strongly so hopefully he can take confidence from that and have a go at this one.

Johnnie Walker

Bernt Weisberger  23/1  - definitely one of the strongest players in the field although recent results have been lacklustre.

Danny Willett 34/1         - seems to have his best results on uk soil

Michael Hoey 80/1         - four very solid rounds to win the m2m Russia albeit against a very weak field. a good golfer who has struggled this year hoping the win in Russia is sign he has turned a corner.

£5 free bet from my successful first week at the free bet club is going on Phil Mickelson at 22/1. Hoping he is finally ready to shake off his open hangover and do something in this one. According to wikipedia he is also a member here so hoping he has some experience playing it lol didn't play well here in 09 but wasn't in great form at the time but he might have had injuries or something at the time because appears to have a big gaps in his results after the us open

Matt Jones in first round leader bet also lol
  • edited August 2013
    Seems De Laet has been the talk of this thread a lot and at 150-1 he seems a good bet this week in a tournie he came tied fifth in last year .

Also fancy Kuchar 30-1
  • edited August 2013
    Just for some interest this morning (and home loyalty) I've backed the two ulstermen Gareth maybin and Gareth shaw for 1st round leader. If remember correctly maybin 66/1 and shaw 80/1

• edited August 2013
    Barclays!

Jason Day 28/1
    Phil Mickleson 22/1
    Matt Kuchar 28/1
    Henrik Stenson 18/1
    Jim Furyk 40/1
  • edited August 2013
    Come on Mark Foster!

I hope he doesn't get that SINKING feeling over the weekend, and start to DIVE down the leaderboard. At the moment he seems to be STROKING it quite nicely and going along very SWIMMINGLY...
  • edited August 2013
    done all on weds but didnt update, de leat first round beat but finsished well to be contention for any outright backers, matt jones both markets after recent interest on the board and good showing last week, and outright only at 50/1 main bet Jordan Speith who i beleive can win one of the play offs before challenging in the final 30 itself. he is that good. was 3 over through his front 9 (started hole 10) before coming in at 4 under. impressive. almost tempted to back him again. think hell go very well today on the back of yesterdays strong finish
  • edited August 2013
    R u trucking kidding me?! Kuchar and Simpson get your act together!!! 

Weisberger had a mini crumble today as well in the euro! Oh and my last 38 timer lost!!! Not my day so far!!
  • edited August 2013
    Come on weisberger! Can't watch it so just been using app and watching odds - not good for the nerves! Want him to win to keep my 50p doubles with kuchar (and simpson as an outsider) going!!!
  • edited August 2013
    barclays tonight to be contested by 3 men - jordy speith, big eldrick and kuch. id chance me arm thats ur top 3 come end of play 
  • edited August 2013
    5 over thru 10 brilliant matt kuchar simply brilliant. mega sigh!!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The Barclays + Johnnie Walker) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    5 over thru 10 brilliant matt kuchar simply brilliant. mega sigh!!
    Posted by jdsallstar

mega sigh 2 arghh

2 players backed de laet and Kuchar both ew. After 3rd round no hope De laet and kuchar leading. Counting the cash now they both have oppo last days and looks like Im out of money again.

thanks!!!!