You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Omega Masters) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    My car is overdue a proper service! Haven't had it done since I've owned it, and thats 2 and a half years. oops! So going to treat it to a full valet as well. I was also looking at getting a decent road bike, because I did a triathlon the other day and my bike is really not the right tool for the job! So I'll spend a few hundred on that. The rest will be shipped into my savings account and probably use it for a holiday next year for the kids.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Very good! Always nice to have a dilemma about how to your spend money instead of figuring out where it's coming from in the first place lol!

Congrats again mate!
  • edited September 2013
    I'm posting my picks up now, mainly for Dohh because he wants to be a part of my heater. lol. Again, the bookies I use have sucky odds compared to the others, so I may wait a while before I put my bets on.

KLM

Ross Fisher - Ticks all the boxes, current form, good form when the tourney used to be played on this course and also some form through the years it wasn't this course but was still in Holland. - At around 16/1, he probably has to be win only though...

Marcus Fraser - Same as Ross really. Did will back in 2009 last time the KLM was at this course, and he is also consistently up there. Between 45/1 and 66/1

BMW

Steve Stricker - Has an unbelievable record this year. Considering he is meant to be semi retired, he has played 11 events, with 38 and 37th his worst finishes. He has finished 2nd 3 times already this year (So more than 25% of his tournaments). Between 16/1 and 25/1

Luke Donald - Been very quiet this year, but he is a member here, and he lives in Chicago himself, so will have plenty of course knowledge. He was a big reason the event is being played here this year, so he will be doing everything he can to get a win - With odds up to 45/1 I'd feel very confident he is going to challenge the top5.

So there you have it, some fairly short odds, but there can only be 1 winner!

Personally I'm thinking of putting a little extra down on the Fisher/Stricker and Fisher/Donald doubles.
  • edited September 2013

This weeks bets:

KLM

Alex Noren     33/1   -   Hasn't played since us pga (where he missed cut lol) but hoping the break will recharged his game and get him back to his best.

Shane Lowry  25/1    -  Struggled with a 2nd pick so went with someone who seems to have been in around the top of a lot leaderboards over the last month or so.

Both also had decent cards the last time the event was here.

BMW

With water in play off the tee on a number of holes on this course I've went with two players who are solid off the tee and in good form. Both high up in fedex cup standings (top 15) so both will be hoping to grab a top 5 place in the fed ex cup standings going into the coca cola by finishing well this week.

Dufner    25/1    - 4 top 10's in last 7 starts and the win obviously in the pga. Doesn't seem to have any post win hangover after finishing 9th in the deutsche bank. Top 40 for driving accuracy.

Spieth    33/1    - two top 5's in last 3 starts and 15th for driving accuracy.

£5 free bet also put on ew doubles for the 4. 8 x 62p ew doubles!
  • edited September 2013
    klm

dyson 16/1 £2.50 e/w

luiten 20/1 £2.50 e/w

2 free £5 bets

be lucky.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (KLM Open + BMW Championship) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/24039988
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Lol brilliant! Good spot!

He was a politician for a while too, I think.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (KLM Open + BMW Championship) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    This weeks bets: KLM Alex Noren      33/1   -   Hasn't played since us pga (where he missed cut lol) but hoping the break will recharged his game and get him back to his best. Shane Lowry   25/1    -  Struggled with a 2nd pick so went with someone who seems to have been in around the top of a lot leaderboards over the last month or so. Both also had decent cards the last time the event was here. BMW With water in play off the tee on a number of holes on this course I've went with two players who are solid off the tee and in good form. Both high up in fedex cup standings (top 15) so both will be hoping to grab a top 5 place in the fed ex cup standings going into the coca cola by finishing well this week.   Dufner     25/1    - 4 top 10's in last 7 starts and the win obviously in the pga. Doesn't seem to have any post win hangover after finishing 9th in the deutsche bank. Top 40 for driving accuracy. Spieth     33/1    - two top 5's in last 3 starts and 15th for driving accuracy. £5 free bet also put on ew doubles for the 4. 8 x 62p ew doubles!
    Posted by jdsallstar

Alex noren pulled out for some reason so I've replaced him with brooks koepka at 33/1 in singles and my doubles

• edited September 2013
    Just to keep me interested today I put on a few first round leader bets:

Furyk
    Delaet
    Mahan

All 40/1 £1 ew
  • edited September 2013
    Really like the Speithster but boy is it hard to get value on him now. I shudder to think wat price hell be for events in 4 or 5 years at this rate. 

Someone I have never backed but believe is too big a price and the links style course should suit down to the ground is LEE WESTWOOD who could bounce back to form this weekend after a disappointing end to the open. Should also remain firmly in the hunt playing this type of golf without the pressure of a major weighing him down.

10 e/w outright 40/1
    5 e/w 1st round 50/1

And have 50 quid match bet against me mate for Westy vs Bill Haas of whom he is an avid fan! We both get Evs 

Also have a few 1st round 2 quid e/w ticklers on

Chris Kirk 80/1
    Ernie 66/1
    Patrick Reed 100/1 
  • edited September 2013
    There's hope for us all!!

• edited September 2013
    Really like the Speithster but boy is it hard to get value on him now. I shudder to think wat price hell be for events in 4 or 5 years at this rate.  Someone I have never backed but believe is too big a price and the links style course should suit down to the ground is LEE WESTWOOD who could bounce back to form this weekend after a disappointing end to the open. Should also remain firmly in the hunt playing this type of golf without the pressure of a major weighing him down. 10 e/w outright 40/1 5 e/w 1st round 50/1 And have 50 quid match bet against me mate for Westy vs Bill Haas of whom he is an avid fan! We both get Evs  Also have a few 1st round 2 quid e/w ticklers on Chris Kirk 80/1 Ernie 66/1 Patrick Reed 100/1 
    Posted by BELL_POKER

ouch!!! i didnt think id have to pay out, never mind pay out by half 8 on the Thurs!!!! ouch ouch ouch 
  • edited September 2013
    There's hope for us all!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Haha I could probably give him a decent game!!

I see he withdrew (making the cut might have been a tall order) and there's 4 guys sitting at above +40 lol they must have all been invites or something.....or 9 years old!!
  • edited September 2013
    Yeah, I was pretty sure he would withdraw, that's why I got the screen shot while I could! Seriously though, how do you find yourself on the challenge tour and shooting 109!! I'd be well cheesed off with a score like that and I'm a 12 handicaper!!
  • edited September 2013
    Hey lads, I've not had much input recently as I've been busy with work and personal issues. Good to see I've been missed..... Not lol.... Wd on recent gains. I see that bad weather/wind is forecast in Holland today. With that in mind I've had a dabble on Lowry ew @ 33/1.
  • edited September 2013
    klm dyson 16/1 £2.50 e/w luiten 20/1 £2.50 e/w 2 free £5 bets be lucky.
    Posted by achill
    Get some.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (KLM Open + BMW Championship) Year Profit: +554.96pts : Get some.
    Posted by achill
    Nice win mate even sweeter because it was a free bet congrats!!!
  • edited September 2013
    Well done achill

I didn't get any return on Fisher because I had him win only :(, however Stricker is sat in 2nd one shot behind as the other part of my e/w double and I have him e/w on his own, so will hopefully see some return tonight! It's also possible for Donald to grab himself a place with a good round as well.
  • edited September 2013

Due to the impending furyk choke I've had £5 on Zach Johnson this morning at 8/1 to give me some entertainment in work.

ps flash what happened to you in the mini last night? I was watching the leaderboard when we got down to around last 30 and you were top 3 in chips for ages then suddenly just disappeared to finish in 24th?!

• edited September 2013
    Sigh.. Yeah I thought I was going to do the delayed jackpot. lol.. I felt in total control, then UTG raised, and a 10x BB stack shoved from mid position, I had KK on the SB, shoved it in and got called by UTG raiser who had AQ!! The shover had AK, of course they flop the A and then river the other ace to rub it in! Would of been double 2nd place with 20 left.
  • edited September 2013
    Sigh.. Yeah I thought I was going to do the delayed jackpot. lol.. I felt in total control, then UTG raised, and a 10x BB stack shoved from mid position, I had KK on the SB, shoved it in and got called by UTG raiser who had AQ!! The shover had AK, of course they flop the A and then river the other ace to rub it in! Would of been double 2nd place with 20 left.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Ul. I didn't fair much better when it got down to final table either. Find AA in small blind and min raise thinking I might get a shove. big blind just calls. I check shove on a 993 board and of course they have the 9. Then after that utg min raises, chip lead on the button flats and I shove my 10 bb's or whatever it was with JJ. utg calls for about half their stack with KJ. K hits turn sigh! ended up 4th so cant complain too much!
  • edited September 2013
    Ah UL mate! Well played though!
  • edited September 2013
    Ah UL mate! Well played though!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Thanks flash! it's good for me anyways, a lowly dym player lol
  • edited September 2013
    Go on Zach!!! 3 under thru 8 and 1 behind furyk alongside stricker!

Two breathing down furyk's neck - surely the choke has to come! he's already missed a 5footer for birdie I just need the full meltdown to come

:)
  • edited September 2013
    GET SOME JD

well done.
  • edited September 2013
  • edited September 2013
    Well done JD. Told you he would win before the season was out. Shame I wasn't actually on him lol... I did get returns from Donald and Stricker though so also 2 e/w doubles with Fisher. Totalled around £60
  • edited September 2013
    Cheers flash I've backed Johnson a few times myself but just missed out every time but as you say he was definitely due one! With furyk and stricker above him I knew he had a chance with the form he's been in. shame i didnt back him at the start lol i don't know what it is about furyk but how many times has he crumbled on the back 9 when in contention. His playing partner always seems to go the same way too (thinking McDowell in one, maybe even two majors, last year if my memory is right).

Knew you were on stricks so once the Johnson win was in the bag was hoping he'd place too. Great back 9 from donald. Getting two in the top 5 is no easy task wp

Always like to see posters on the thread making profit. So 3 out of the 4 who posted their bets this week making a profit isn't bad.

• edited September 2013
    is there a way to attach excel spreadsheets on to posts?

I've done one for the tour championship that shows all the players last 5 years finishing positions and scores in the tour championship (for course form) and then on the 2nd sheet lists the players last 5 tournament places (for current form).

Thought it might be useful to some on here.
  • edited September 2013
    Not sure, is it possible to just screen shot it and upload it as a picture?
  • edited September 2013
    In regards to the European tour, the rough this week is very punishing, I saw a picture someone posted, and if your ball goes in there it disapears, it showed someone stood in the grass it's over their shoes. So with the fact nobody has course history apart from the Molinari brothers and the fact Francesco is super straight, it's going to be hard for anyone to beat him think.