You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Well I've managed to thin my shortlist down to 6, but then added a 7th!

In groups of priority:

Main Bets this week:

Danny Willett 50/1, hit and miss season, but still managed 15th place in The Open and has two top 5's in this event, excellent links player at a very good price. I can't remember anyone else on here ever tipping him, which has always surprised me as I think he's one of the top players on tour and believe only injuries have held him back this year. If fully fit and he gets off to a good start, he could cruise to victory, I believe he can be that good!

Matthew Baldwin 150/1, I've been tempted to back Baldwin in a few of the events recently as I like his game a lot and think he's playing very well just under the radar. In my opinion his strength on links courses must be worth at least a shot a round, so with an improving overall game and back 'at home' on Links courses, I am excited about the value on offer for Matthew Baldwin this week, I've also had savers at 12/1 for top 10 and 9/2 for top 20 finishes.

Fredrik Andersson-Hed - 80/1, posted a few weeks ago, how good guy this guy is when he is on his A game and it's just a matter of catching him on a good run, he missed the cut that week! Anyway a 4th place last week would suggest the A game is definitely coming back and he has top 5 form at this event, a big price if everything clicks this week.

The Lesser bets

Vicotr Dubuisson - 50/1, I've been 'supporting' Victor for a few months and he's rewarded me twice with top 5 finishes, looks to have all the right credentials this week.

John Parry - 100/1, Rewarded my faith last time I backed him when placed at 80/1, I can't leave him out this week, still nicely under the radar and finished third here a couple of years ago.

Tom Lewis - 175/1, I don't quite know what's going on with this guy, he's in real danger of losing his card, yet appears to show up on leaderboards more than most, problem is he has a habit of shooting low rounds one day and follow it up with a score 10 shots or more worse than the previous day. I'm hoping playing the first three days on different courses might keep his game focused. Of course this is the player that lead The Open after day 1 two years ago, so can obviously play a bit of Links golf.

Thomas Aitken - 90/1, Late entry to my portfolio this week, as Bell Poker will tell you, Aitken loves Links golf and is quite good at it! He's another hit and miss player, but has showed snippets of form in recent weeks and at 90/1 in this event, I think he's worth an ew punt.

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Alfred Dunhill Links):
    Well I've managed to thin my shortlist down to 6, but then added a 7th! In groups of priority: Main Bets this week: Danny Willett 50/1 , hit and miss season, but still managed 15th place in The Open and has two top 5's in this event, excellent links player at a very good price. I can't remember anyone else on here ever tipping him, which has always surprised me as I think he's one of the top players on tour and believe only injuries have held him back this year. If fully fit and he gets off to a good start, he could cruise to victory, I believe he can be that good! Matthew Baldwin 150/1, I've been tempted to back Baldwin in a few of the events recently as I like his game a lot and think he's playing very well just under the radar. In my opinion his strength on links courses must be worth at least a shot a round, so with an improving overall game and back 'at home' on Links courses, I am excited about the value on offer for Matthew Baldwin this week, I've also had savers at 12/1 for top 10 and 9/2 for top 20 finishes. Fredrik Andersson-Hed - 80/1, posted a few weeks ago, how good guy this guy is when he is on his A game and it's just a matter of catching him on a good run, he missed the cut that week! Anyway a 4th place last week would suggest the A game is definitely coming back and he has top 5 form at this event, a big price if everything clicks this week. The Lesser bets Vicotr Dubuisson - 50/1, I've been 'supporting' Victor for a few months and he's rewarded me twice with top 5 finishes, looks to have all the right credentials this week. John Parry - 100/1, R ewarded my faith last time I backed him when placed at 80/1, I can't leave him out this week, still nicely under the radar and finished third here a couple of years ago. Tom Lewis - 175/1,  I don't quite know what's going on with this guy, he's in real danger of losing his card, yet appears to show up on leaderboards more than most, problem is he has a habit of shooting low rounds one day and follow it up with a score 10 shots or more worse than the previous day. I'm hoping playing the first three days on different courses might keep his game focused. Of course this is the player that lead The Open after day 1 two years ago, so can obviously play a bit of Links golf. Thomas Aitken - 90/1, Late entry to my portfolio this week, as Bell Poker will tell you, Aitken loves Links golf and is quite good at it! He's another hit and miss player, but has showed snippets of form in recent weeks and at 90/1 in this event, I think he's worth an ew punt.
    Posted by TheDart
    Way back on pg 72 :) Although it wasn't much of a tip lol

Some nice picks in there though and your case for Fredrik Andersson-Hed has tempted me to add him to my bets this week!

GL
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Alfred Dunhill Links) : Way back on pg 72 :) Although it wasn't much of a tip lol Some nice picks in there though and your case for Fredrik Andersson-Hed has tempted me to add him to my bets this week! GL
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Lol, so you did, I was away that week, though I alwats try to read the thread when I get back.

Let's hope Fredrik gives us a good run.

I'm just concentrating on this event this week, so I'm thinking about having a patent on the end of round 1 leaders market at each course.
  • edited September 2013
    Dubuisson has withdrawn, he was my main hope as well... sigh!
  • edited September 2013
    cheers for posting that flash

replaced him with luiten 33/1 e/w £2.50 free bet.
  • edited September 2013
    Dubuisson'a withdrawal means I don't go for a patent on the 3 courses first round leaders and I've got some money back to invest, so....

Instead I've gone for first round leaders at Kingsbarns and Carnoustie

Matthew Baldwin - 33/1
    Fredrik Andersson-Hed - 40/1
    Ew singles and an ew double

Danny Willett - 20/1
    Thomas Aitken - 40/1
    Ew singles and ew double

Good Luck All!!!
  • edited September 2013

I just had a quick glance through the 18 hole 2 ball market and Matthew Baldwin 11/10 to beat Oliver Wilson, jumped out as being remarkable value.

Before I clicked the 'confirm' button I thought I had better check out Oliver Wilson's recent form and it would appear he's on something of a mini revival on the challenge tour, with a play off defeat and a tied 5th position in his last 3 events, Wilson also finished tied 2nd in this event a few years back, so sod the 11/10 on Baldwin, I've added Oliver Wilson to my portfolio ew at 150/1.

Right that's me done, let the games commence!

• edited September 2013
    There doesnt seem to be any updates from Kingsbarns. wp european tour
  • edited September 2013
    ^^ Seems to be sorted now
  • edited September 2013
    jeez I added 2 players on each course for 10p ew trebles but I've no idea how well there placed lol

the 6 are:

Carnoustie
    Fraser
    Luiten

Kingsbarn
    Ilonen
    De la riva

st Andrews
    Warren
    agular

Also added:

Fredrik Andersson-Hed 80/1 outright
    Darren Clarke 60/1 first round leader

• edited September 2013
    Dazzling Darren Clarke does what he does just when you don't want him to! bogeys 2 of last 3 holes to take him out of top 5 for first round leader :(
  • edited September 2013
    What is it about this w/e every year?? Last year Brandon Grace won me 15k winning this event. My mate won the DTD Caribbean Holiday for us both.  This year I'm on Luiten (doesn't count cos I've stopped putting my fancies up for the year). And I've made day 2 of DTD's Grand Prix with 355,000 chips!!!!!
  • edited September 2013
    What is it about this w/e every year?? Last year Brandon Grace won me 15k winning this event. My mate won the DTD Caribbean Holiday for us both.  This year I'm on Luiten (doesn't count cos I've stopped putting my fancies up for the year). And I've made day 2 of DTD's Grand Prix with 355,000 chips!!!!!
    Posted by joesman1
    Nice one!

Good luck for day 2, I'm guessing you must be top 10% with that chip count?

As I was just looking at the Dunhill Links leaderboard and willing Luiten's name to drop down the leaderboard, it would be two faced of me to also wish you good luck with Luiten ;)

But seriously good pick with Luiten, I think he was around 33/1?

Keep us updated on your progress at DTD.
  • edited September 2013
    get in chris doak what a superb round!!!!! copied our good friend mr Bamfordfrom betting system and backed at 300/1 at the start, for the odd sum of £1.67 e/w with odds and ends i had!! 

main bets aiken and bello chinned, but nice to have a sweat on a sunday, been a while

for what its worth its hard to look past ernie but ill be cheerin on the doakster!!!!

• edited September 2013
    dart hoping youhad lewis ew?

if so wp!
  • edited September 2013
    dart hoping youhad lewis ew? if so wp!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Cheers JD!

Yes I backed Tom Lewis ew, 175/1 third = 43.75/1 winner = Profit!

The majority of my golf bets are picked for a place finish in mind, with the win being a very nice bonus!

That's why I don't like backing anyone below 33/1, I am always looking for a decent place return.

You don't need me to tell you how difficult it is to pick a winner in a field of 156, so I always feel more comfortable backing players at decent odds, who will bring you a profit if they finish top 5.

At the bigger prices, it also gives me the odds to cast the net further and back a few, rather than all my eggs in one basket, so to speak.

That's my theory anyway and it's easier to explain or justify the week my 175/1 shot finishes 3rd :)
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Alfred Dunhill Links) : Nice one! Good luck for day 2, I'm guessing you must be top 10% with that chip count? As I was just looking at the Dunhill Links leaderboard and willing Luiten's name to drop down the leaderboard, it would be two faced of me to also wish you good luck with Luiten ;) But seriously good pick with Luiten, I think he was around 33/1? Keep us updated on your progress at DTD.
    Posted by TheDart
    Hi Darty

Only just seen your post. Well done on your win. Luiten ended up hitting a wall after 9 holes on Saturday, but hey ho. As for the poker, finished 171st out of the original 4933 entrants, for a £300 return.

My exit hand!! Wow!! Talk about a cooler. Blinds 6/12k... I had 290,000 chips. I have AQ, flop QQ3 rainbow.... How the fu@ did I lose my stack???

Answer  villain had 33....
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Alfred Dunhill Links) : Hi Darty Only just seen your post. Well done on your win. Luiten ended up hitting a wall after 9 holes on Saturday, but hey ho. As for the poker, finished 171st out of the original 4933 entrants, for a £300 return. My exit hand!! Wow!! Talk about a cooler. Blinds 6/12k... I had 290,000 chips. I have AQ, flop QQ3 rainbow.... How the fu@ did I lose my stack??? Answer  villain had 33....
    Posted by joesman1
    ahh, still a great result in that field, well done and good luck for the next one.

• edited October 2013
    Flash wins Primo AGAIN!!!!!!!

Well done mate.
  • edited October 2013
    Thanks mate :-)

Been a really rough 2 and a half weeks for me. Broke up with the other half, been together for 8 years and got 2 kids, so it's been really hard to take! This has certainly helped me, now to go and find a new bit of stuff to spend my money on lol.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! Portugal Masters + Frys.com):
    Thanks mate :-) Been a really rough 2 and a half weeks for me. Broke up with the other half, been together for 8 years and got 2 kids, so it's been really hard to take! This has certainly helped me, now to go and find a new bit of stuff to spend my money on lol.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Ouch, very sorry to hear that. 
  • edited October 2013
    Hi flash just read about your primo win! Congrats mate!!!

Sorry to hear about your troubles on the personal front though! Hope everything works out for you!! I've been with my missus about the same time and we've two little 'uns as well so I can imagine how tough this has been for you and everyone involved! GL sir!
  • edited October 2013
    Cheers guys. Anyway, I'm over the moping around stage now, and I'm out there looking for some1 else.

Not really been up for doing the research, so I might just leave the golf for a bit. I expect I'll be back soon! 
  • edited October 2013
    M-A Jimenez @ 31.00 Each Way £2.50 free bet

M-A Jimenez 3.00 Billy Horschel 2.62 top 10 finish double £5 free bet

Be lucky

• edited October 2013
    It looks like this thread might be closing down for winter.

Before it does and on catching up with recent events.....

Congrats on the 2nd Primo win Flash and hope everything away from the tables is going OK.

What's that saying, 'Lucky in cards, unlucky in love'?
  • edited October 2013
    It looks like this thread might be closing down for winter. Before it does and on catching up with recent events..... Congrats on the 2nd Primo win Flash and hope everything away from the tables is going OK. What's that saying, 'Lucky in cards, unlucky in love'?
    Posted by TheDart
    Cheers mate.

Amazing how variance equals out isn't it!
  • edited October 2013

Small bets to make the golf interesting.

Zach Johnson 12/1

Nick Watney 16/1

Graham Delaet 25/1

All £1 e/w

Be lucky

• edited October 2013
    Small bets to make the golf interesting. Zach Johnson 12/1 Nick Watney 16/1 Graham Delaet 25/1 All £1 e/w Be lucky
    Posted by achill
    maybe not!
  • edited November 2013
    Rescued this from page 5!

Any favourites for R2D and PGA money list next year? The odds are up. R2D seems pretty open with the betting. Can't see anyone beating Tiger the way he has come back, but that's why he is 6/4.
  • edited November 2013
    Easy for me. Poulter 14/1 massive value. Didn't win a single tournie this year and still managed to finish 2nd. Gonna be more motivated than ever next year after his buddy Stenson winning, esp' as it's a Ryder Cup year too. 

What do u fancy Flashy??