You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Sony Open + Volvo Champions):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Sony Open + Volvo Champions) : That's it. You're officially banned from your own thread!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Surely I'm allowed bk now? Great recovery.
  • edited January 2014
    Well I'm glad you lot are doing OK, with your Looten albatross, your comeback kid Manny and even lightweight Clarkey.

Meanwhile I've backed The Goose at 33/1 and Chris Wood at 20/1 (now 33/1....sigh) in running, in a desperate attempt to give me a bit of interest over the weekend. 

If I have a bet next week I think I'd better put more effort into doing a bit of research, where's Graham DeLaet when you need him?
  • edited January 2014
    I've not kicked in with too much in depth  research yet, so with what golfing knowledge I have retained and a quick scan through the markets, I've decided it's a week for the O's!!!

My O's for the Volvo Champions are: I was tempted to go for Louis Oosthuizen, but decided at 14/1 and a possible question over his fitness there's no value in the risk, so instead....

O  ****!
  • edited January 2014
    close but no cigar with victor and luiten both falling just short. Neither of them really got going in their final rounds from the look of their scorecards.

Maybe dufner or Every can pull off a miracle tonight to make up for it.

--------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £39.25

Wins: 1
    Places: 2
    Bets placed: 9 (2 in play) 
  • edited January 2014
    Well that's pretty frustrating!!

Oosthuizen is someone I backed a lot last year as you all know and he kept letting me down, and Jimmy Walker was who I backed last week and played terrible!!
  • edited January 2014
    Well that's pretty frustrating!! Oosthuizen is someone I backed a lot last year as you all know and he kept letting me down, and Jimmy Walker was who I backed last week and played terrible!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
     Ul mate. Just to rub salt in it. Backed Walker at 8/1 just before he teed off last night. Thought it was a very fair price. I'll buy u a drink next month at DTD lol..
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Sony Open + Volvo Champions) :  Ul mate. Just to rub salt in it. Backed Walker at 8/1 just before he teed off last night. Thought it was a very fair price. I'll buy u a drink next month at DTD lol..
    Posted by joesman1
    Have you got your seat? I haven't got one yet, only recently started trying..

Well done on your GPS cash again by the way. Very tough field, so that's a great result!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Sony Open + Volvo Champions) : Have you got your seat? I haven't got one yet, only recently started trying.. Well done on your GPS cash again by the way. Very tough field, so that's a great result!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Thanks mate, though still annoyed I pushed 850,000 chips with AQ with AK waiting in the wings after grinding away for two days live and a night on line grrrrrrr

Not tried tbh, think I'll do it through the DTD site though. Easier. £50 + £5, 10 seats a night guaranteed. Have a look
  • edited January 2014
    Abu Dhabi

Martin Kaymer - 16/1 - Good record on this course, seems to be finding his game lately, so this could be the ideal place for him to get his win.

Andrea Pavan - 175/1 - Won the Challenge tour last year. He has already started like a house on fire this season. His odds will only be coming down, so I want to keep backing him before it happens. This may not be his week as there are so many top players playing, but I don't want to risk it.

Humana

Harris English - 20/1 - This is always a seriously low scoring week, so you need a player who can go super hot, and Harris is that kind of player. In great form as well.

Bill Haas - 28/1 - Good record in this tournament. Not in amazing form, but it's amazing how players can turn it on for certain tournaments, and he has the ability.

Charles Howell III - 33/1 - Always seems to contend at the start of the season, has had some great results. Surely it's only a matter of time before this guy finally starts turning performances ito wins!

• edited January 2014
    Abu Dhabi

Thomas Bjorn 22/1 (£5 free bet EW)
    After a disaster first round last week shot 3 very good rounds coming in. A favourite of mine. Finished 3rd here in 2012.

Joost Luiten 25/1 (£2 ew)
    6th here last year and just looks like he can compete every week.

George Coatzee 70/1 (£1 ew)
    Two top 10's here in his last two years and his best results seem to come in places like this. Not in great form

Humana

Keegan Bradley 20/1 (£5 free bet from an Irish bookie ew)
    Finished 7th here in the only time he has played the tournament in last 5 years.

Billy Horschel 25/1 (£2 ew)
    10th here last year and form seems to be improving.

Ryan Palmer 35/1 (£2 ew)
    6th here in 2013 and 4th in 2011. Finished 8th in the Sony open so hopefully can build on that.

Could do with a decent return this week - my 2 year old decided his toy Mr Incredible couldn't see the tv well enough so slammed him right through the front of it!! Children gotta love em.....either that or throttle them in their sleep :)

--------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £25.25

Bets placed: 15 (6 in play) 

• edited January 2014
    Oh forgot to say this in my last post and I've mentioned it before but every week I do a spreadsheet which shows how all the players playing the events of that week have performed in that tournament for the last 5 years (scores and finishing positions).

If anybody would like it then just pm me with your email address.   

Once the season gets going a few more weeks I'll be adding a form sheet for the field as well. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Humana + Abu Dhabi):
    Oh forgot to say this in my last post and I've mentioned it before but every week I do a spreadsheet which shows how all the players playing the events of that week have performed in that tournament for the last 5 years (scores and finishing positions). If anybody would like it then just pm me with your email address.    Once the season gets going a few more weeks I'll be adding a form sheet for the field as well. 
    Posted by jdsallstar
    ooooo yes please, I'll PM you now.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Humana + Abu Dhabi) : ooooo yes please, I'll PM you now.
    Posted by splashies
    Ooops, got a bit trigger happy on the "send" button, which I thought wasn't working. You may receive several PM's, my bad.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Humana + Abu Dhabi) : Ooops, got a bit trigger happy on the "send" button, which I thought wasn't working. You may receive several PM's, my bad.
    Posted by splashies
    Haha just the 8 private messages. Email sent
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Humana + Abu Dhabi) : Ooops, got a bit trigger happy on the "send" button, which I thought wasn't working. You may receive several PM's, my bad.
    Posted by splashies
    It's weird isn't it. Doesn't look like it's sending and shows no sign of the page loading. He got 2 from me as well :-)
  • edited January 2014
    yeah it happens every time. When I sent a few guys a link to free poker books it was same thing 5 messages each time and 5 back from me. 
  • edited January 2014
    Cheers JD, much appreciated.

Humana - Brian Gay @ 50/1
                  Justin Hicks @ 150/1

Abu Dhabi - Joost Luiten @ 25/1
                    Matteo Manassero @ 66/1

4 x e/w doubles too.
  • edited January 2014
    Abu Dhabi = Martin Kaymer!!
  • edited January 2014
    A little rushed from for me this week, so a few speculative ew picks:

Abu Dhabi

Peter Hanson - 45/1

Thorbjorn Olesen - 60/1

Alvaro Quiros - 80/1

Alejandro Canizares - 125/1

Humana

Ryan Palmer - 40/1

Jeff Overton - 60/1

Kevin Na - 80/1

Matt Jones 66/1

• edited January 2014
    put a £1 ew on hoey @ 80/1

Note to self - stop betting on Ulstermen!!!

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £23.25

Settled bets: 9
    Bets in play: 7
  • edited January 2014
    ok last one:

Ryan Palmer 1st round leader Palmer course 16/1

£2 ew

-----------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £19.25

Settled bets: 9
    Bets in play: 8
  • edited January 2014
    ok last one: Ryan Palmer 1st round leader Palmer course 16/1 £2 ew ----------- Season Profit/Loss Profit £19.25 Wins: 1 Places: 2 Settled bets: 9 Bets in play: 8
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Thats a bit annoying he's t2 overall and of course the only guy above him was on the same course!

Ah well a little profit anyway and well placed for the outright

-----------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £29.25

Places: 3
    Settled bets: 10
    Bets in play: 7
  • edited January 2014
    wp JD, looks like you're in for a very good week!
  • edited January 2014
    Cheers Splash!

Yeh Luiten, Bjorn, Coetzee and Palmer all very well placed so far. My picks last week were all well placed too and I only ended up with one place so I won't get too excited. I don't have any doubles either.

Mcilroy looks like he's gonna be up there too and with his record on this course he'll be hard to beat if he's in the mood.
  • edited January 2014
    Cheers Splash! Yeh Luiten, Bjorn, Coetzee and Palmer all very well placed so far. My picks last week were all well placed too and I only ended up with one place so I won't get too excited. I don't have any doubles either. Mcilroy looks like he's gonna be up there too and with his record on this course he'll be hard to beat if he's in the mood.
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Collapsed!!!!!!

Didn't think hoey would be my best chance going into the final round. Sigh
  • edited January 2014
    Coetzee got my hopes and gave me sweat until the end!

Was a small chance of a 5 way tie at one point! What happens there-do they all play the same hole?

Ps congrats flash on another final table in the mini. The guy who won it was at my table for a while and running good doesn't begin to describe him. I sat with for about 10 minutes and he called shoves then hit gutshots, won 2 60:40s, 2 70:30s and just hit everything. 

-----------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £47.75

Places: 4
    Settled bets: 14
    Bets in play: 3
  • edited January 2014
    Coetzee got my hopes and gave me sweat until the end! Was a small chance of a 5 way tie at one point! What happens there-do they all play the same hole? Ps congrats flash on another final table in the mini. The guy who won it was at my table for a while and running good doesn't begin to describe him. I sat with for about 10 minutes and he called shoves then hit gutshots, won 2 60:40s, 2 70:30s and just hit everything.  ----------- Season Profit/Loss Profit £47.75 Wins: 1 Places: 4 Settled bets: 14 Bets in play: 3
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Cheers mate.

Yeah I was sat with him for the final 2 tables. It was a bit weird. Still limping in with blinds 2500/5000, then snap calling any short stack shoves with any 2. Saw him snap off with 4,2 o/s and like you said, gut shots. I managed to get a couple of doubles off him, but then he would just get it all back from someone else! He ended up knocking me out with a 3 outter unsurprisingly! AK vs AJ for a decent pot! Oh well, I'll win one soon!! That's 2 seconds a 3rd and a 4th now and I reckon I've only played about 12 times this year!
  • edited January 2014
    well palmer rocks in 2nd! so 2 places this week. Thought I was going to get a winner after Fridays rounds but wasnt and any week that gives a profit is a good one. shame I'd no doubles on as well.

-----------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £67.25

Places: 5
    Settled bets: 17
    Bets in play: 0

• edited January 2014
    Well done John!

I got a very small return with Haas, as I was on the Irish bookies paying top6 and he came T6. Was only enough to cover that bet and one other though, so still down! 

Looks like I'd better pay attention to your spreadsheet this week before betting, you've had a great record since joining this page! Keep it up.
  • edited January 2014
    Good work again JD.