You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters):
    Dubai Desert Thorbjorn Olesen - 30/1, as per my earlier post, Olesen gets my support for the season from here on in and I'm hoping he starts with a win this week. The form suggests he must go close, tied 3rd last week, 3rd here last year, also has 2 top 10's in Abu Dhabi, so is clearly comfortable to conditions at the Desert Swing. Hardly surprising that he has now based in himself in Dubai and it is reported that he has been putting in some serious practice sessions out in Dubai. Romain Wattel - 66/1, not at the level of Olesen, but Wattel also has some decent recent form and above average results here and in the region, I don't expect he will be 66/1 for long, so I've waded in early, to secure the value. I will probably add to the portfolio, but for me Olesen and Wattel are the two stand out value picks in the early markets. Good Luck All!
    Posted by TheDart
    Got that bit right, Wattel is now a best priced 50/1.
    Now if I can just get the bit right about him finishing top 5, I'll be laughing :)

Decided to back Wattel in the first round leader market, ew at 55/1 along with Matteo Manassero 66/1, Danny Willett at 80/1 and Matthew Baldwin at 125/1.

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : Got that bit right, Wattel is now a best priced 50/1. Now if I can just get the bit right about him finishing top 5, I'll be laughing :) Decided to back Wattel in the first round leader market, ew at 55/1 along with Matteo Manassero 66/1, Danny Willett at 80/1 and Matthew Baldwin at 125/1.
    Posted by TheDart
    Gl.... I'll get up at 6am.... Fast watch Rory's 1st 9 holes, as he starts on the back 9 (scoring half) hope he's 4 under... I'll be happy if he's 1 shot behind any of your 1st round leader bets come tom night. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : Gl.... I'll get up at 6am.... Fast watch Rory's 1st 9 holes, as he starts on the back 9 (scoring half) hope he's 4 under... I'll be happy if he's 1 shot behind any of your 1st round leader bets come tom night. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Well plenty of golf still left to play, but from your perspective, things couldn't really have started any better could they?

Forgot to post that I used my £5 free bet on a win double:

Olesen without the favorites - 14/1
    English - 28/1
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : Well plenty of golf still left to play, but from your perspective, things couldn't really have started any better could they? Forgot to post that I used my £5 free bet on a win double: Olesen without the favorites - 14/1 English - 28/1
    Posted by TheDart
    Easiest 63 u will ever see. Never a danger of dropping a shot. Missed a tiddler on the 1st, maybe should have snook two other easy-ish birdie chances too. Cant be too greedy though.... 

I've backed Ryan Moore in the US. Didn't do the double though. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : Got that bit right, Wattel is now a best priced 50/1. Now if I can just get the bit right about him finishing top 5, I'll be laughing :) Decided to back Wattel in the first round leader market, ew at 55/1 along with Matteo Manassero 66/1, Danny Willett at 80/1 and Matthew Baldwin at 125/1.
    Posted by TheDart

Nice front 9

GL GL

Ps congrats on a nice finish in the mini last night too

• edited January 2014
    couldnt resist joining you experts

mine for USa are Brendan Steele 66-1 and Ben Crane 80-1 EW 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : Nice front 9 GL GL Ps congrats on a nice finish in the mini last night too
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Cheers JD, Baldwin's tied 3rd means a nice profit for day 1.

When he started so well I decided to do a Matthew double and have backed Baldwin and Jones ew at 80/1, singles and the double.

As for the poker, all I can say is, it's a pity there are only 31 days in January this year, with a few extra days I reckon I could have knocked Flash off the top of the Mini leaderboard ;)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Phoenix Open + Dubai Classic):
    couldnt resist joining you experts mine for USa are Brendan Steele 66-1 and Ben Crane 80-1 EW 
    Posted by vaigret
    Brendan Steele 4 under after 5 holes....... He's now just discovered the weekly parish collection has been put on his shoulders..... Will he wilt or will the powers that be let him win??

Gl Terry
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : Cheers JD, Baldwin's tied 3rd means a nice profit for day 1. When he started so well I decided to do a Matthew double and have backed Baldwin and Jones ew at 80/1, singles and the double. As for the poker, all I can say is, it's a pity there are only 31 days in January this year, with a few extra days I reckon I could have knocked Flash off the top of the Mini leaderboard ;)
    Posted by TheDart
    Wd Darty, good pick. 
  • edited January 2014
    Well think I'm done with trading the Dubai Desert, manage to be green on everyone for £7 profit, but decided to transfer it all onto Rory. Meaning if Rory wins I'll win £13.30, if anyone else wins I'm break even.....

Will concentrate on the PGA tour now.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Phoenix Open + Dubai Classic):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Phoenix Open + Dubai Classic) : Brendan Steele 4 under after 5 holes....... He's now just discovered the weekly parish collection has been put on his shoulders..... Will he wilt or will the powers that be let him win?? Gl Terry
    Posted by joesman1
    Well at least he maintained 5 under with the money weighing him down LOL
  • edited February 2014
    Ffs dilemma time. Well no dilemma really. I HAVE to back Gallagher. 5 figure profit if Rory's wins. So the question is how much I do put on Gallagher to win?? 

There's always one to spoil the party. Take him out and would be looking at possibility of two winners in 1 event (Olsesen without top 3 like Darty). And I'd  be beginning to curse Ladbrokes for knocking the d/f'cast bet back. 

Maybe my footy acca today should have Gallagher as the last leg.....
  • edited February 2014
    So it's Sheff Weds Wolves Fleetwood Rochdale Alfreton and Gallacher for the same return as Rory. If footy goes down I'll look again at the situation.
  • edited February 2014
    couldnt resist joining you experts mine for USa are Brendan Steele 66-1 and Ben Crane 80-1 EW 
    Posted by vaigret
    must have been a hellu va third round by steele

and good luck Neil
  • edited February 2014
    Good Luck Neil, let's hope Gallacher used up all his birdies in the third round.
  • edited February 2014
    Cheers lads fFWIW I've had 3k on Gallagher at 6/4... Hate doing that sort of thing but no other option... Gl with Steele Terry. I've got Moore in that, but I didn't do any double this week.
  • edited February 2014
    Cheers lads fFWIW I've had 3k on Gallagher at 6/4... Hate doing that sort of thing but no other option... Gl with Steele Terry. I've got Moore in that, but I didn't do any double this week.
    Posted by joesman1
    Nice!

I know it's not as much as it would of been if Rory won, but could of been that jammy Argentine!!
  • edited February 2014
    Posted by joesman1
    glad you got your saver up and that you have moore each way. keeping my steele fingers crossed
  • edited February 2014
    Posted by joesman1
    For a long time it looked like it was going to be a nightmare result for you, I was relieved for you when Gallacher came back, well done.
  • edited February 2014
    Posted by TheDart
    I love it when things go to plan, very pleased with Wattel third at 66/1.

Also Olesen tied 5th 30/1 was better than nothing, so.......

Sod it I almost lasted a week without backing him, but its bookies money this week, so I've just backed Graham Delaet without Bubba, 28/1 ew first 3.

I've also still got a win bet live on Harris English at 28/1 and Matt Jones 80/1 ew first 5.

and good luck Neil (Ryan Moore) and Terry (Brendan Steele).

I think that's everybody?

• edited February 2014
    Cheers lads, I was looking down the barrel of a 5k loss. (£500 Rory acca, £250 ew Olesen 'without', £500 footy acca yesterday with Gallagher, 3k Gallagher, potentially £250 ew Moore loss). Gallagher was 10/1 after 9 holes, out of pure greed I nearly hit the bet button again lol....

As it stands now I'm 2.5k up without Moore. 

I did say at start of the week I felt it was Rory's to lose.. Well after been 9 under after round 1... He LOST it.... 

Gl everyone tonight, hope Steele's an honorable 2nd Terry lol.... Unless Moore doesn't win.... Let's all hope the fuse it lit inside Bubbas head tonight and he explodes.

Dart/Flash/anyone else for that matter.. Anyone trying to qual for The Sky Poker Champs thingy??? 
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : I love it when things go to plan, very pleased with Wattel third at 66/1. Also Olesen tied 5th 30/1 was better than nothing, so....... Sod it I almost lasted a week without backing him, but its bookies money this week, so I've just backed Graham Delaet without Bubba, 28/1 ew first 3. I've also still got a win bet live on Harris English at 28/1 and Matt Jones 80/1 ew first 5. and good luck Neil (Ryan Moore) and Terry (Brendan Steele). I think that's everybody?
    Posted by TheDart
    Vwd, good pick, and gl tonight
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : I love it when things go to plan, very pleased with Wattel third at 66/1. Also Olesen tied 5th 30/1 was better than nothing, so....... Sod it I almost lasted a week without backing him, but its bookies money this week, so I've just backed Graham Delaet without Bubba, 28/1 ew first 3. I've also still got a win bet live on Harris English at 28/1 and Matt Jones 80/1 ew first 5. and good luck Neil (Ryan Moore) and Terry (Brendan Steele). I think that's everybody?
    Posted by TheDart
    well done mate and thnx.

As long as we all in the money come tonight i'll be happy
    (bet its me who loses out LOL)
    good luck all.
  • edited February 2014
    De laet and the Dart win as neil and Terry finish joint bsixth oh what joy 
  • edited February 2014
    Nice 400 degree lip out on the last...... Total cost of it...... 2/3 of 5th place and £1208.33 in cold hard cash..... Nice!!!!
  • edited February 2014
    De laet and the Dart win as neil and Terry finish joint bsixth oh what joy 
    Posted by vaigret
    Yep..... Terry strikes again!! Lol.....
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Phoenix Open + Dubai Classic) : Yep..... Terry strikes again!! Lol.....
    Posted by joesman1
    sorry mate
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Phoenix Open + Dubai Classic) : sorry mate
    Posted by vaigret
    Shut up man... U know I jest lol....
  • edited February 2014
    Yeah that was pretty brutal watching Ryan birdie 15,16 and 17, then lip out on the last to cost us a place! Would of completed my e/w double with Wattel and Oleson.. :(
  • edited February 2014
    Yeah that was pretty brutal watching Ryan birdie 15,16 and 17, then lip out on the last to cost us a place! Would of completed my e/w double with Wattel and Oleson.. :(
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yes that was v unlucky for u Charles. It looked like it actually dipped beneath the hole and then it was spat back out.

U tried qualifying for the UKPC yet? I snook a seat last night. And gg last night Darty, wd on your cash. I got 45k in pre flop with kk against big stacks 99. Flop came 6,7,10..... Yep u know it, 8 on the turn. 27th sigh.....