You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Here's how I finished on the PGA tour....

Made a similar amount in Qatar too.

Hopefully will be confident enough to up the stakes soon and make some proper money
  • edited January 2014
    ****BRAG WARNING*****

My internets out at home because they damaged my phone line when they relayed the road and my mobile internet is non existent so this will be a bit of a long update!

Anyway on Saturday after Coetzee whimpered to a about a 10 way share of fifth and a massive return of £2.03 I remembered I hadn't done my free bet qualifying acca. So picked 4 teams and went to check how it got it on at 5pm sat. 3 out of the 4 came in and the 4th had postponed so £18 return. Wasn't sure if it still qualified for the free bet club and email customer support they replied on Saturday to say it doesn't and so went on to pick another £5 acca. After I'd picked the teams I decided to check out the pga odds for my runners and noticed a certain Mr Stallings sitting 3 off the lead at 33/1. So decided on putting  a massive 78p ew on him(rounded my account down lol).

My 2nd acca got off to a good start with Lyon winning easy. Ac Milan next, they were 1 nil down until the 86minute and then scored two late goals to keep the acca alive. Bordeaux and athletico won easy leaving Monaco vs Marseille the last match for £86 quid. Backed the draw and away win at £25 quid to book a win. Monaco won for £56 profit. Boom.

Then on the golf Day, leishman and Stallings all looked candidates to win at different points but stallings won for a £33.74 return, Day placed for a £14.80 and leishman birdied the last to claim a place return of £8.80.

Was hoping for the Day win which would have returned about £80 then Leishman who would of returned about £50 but a wins a win and with the football accas doing well won about £130 on sat and sun. Made for an entertaining weekend despite not being able to play poker! My 46" 3d tv is getting closer......

-----------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £109.31 (doesn't include football acca's just golf)

Wins: 2
    Places: 10
    Settled bets: 28
    Bets in play: 0
  • edited January 2014
    Wel done again JD.

Complete opposite for me this week. Both my US picks, which I felt really confident about missed the cut! I didn't put any footy bets on as it was FA cup, but thinking about it, I've now missed out on my freebet so that was pretty stupid, especially as looking back at the results, everyone I would of picked did win!
    As for poker... Well I wish my internet connection was down as well!

Onwards and upwards, already done my research, got a good idea who I'm going to back. Maybe I should just wait and copy JD though... 
  • edited January 2014

Was a case of starting off as promising to be a great week, to feeling like a bad week (small returns on Coetzee and Fichardt) and ending up with a profit thanks to Graham Delaets' tied 2nd at 55/1, so all in all not bad.

I finished off last week or started this week, by finally finding a player I felt offers some value in the R2D market and have backed, Thorbjorn Olesen at 125/1 ew first 4.

I have also added to my investment on Graham DeLaet for the PGA Tour money list and backed him again at 125/1.

DeLaet's only played 4 events so far and sits 17th on the money list, he's playing 3 of the next 4 weeks, last 3 events read 7th, 6th and 2nd and will be playing all the big events this year, surely he won't be 125/1 for much longer?

Oh and well done JD on your busy and profitable week!

• edited January 2014
    After browsing a few other threads on here, it seems I may have exceeded my Graham DeLaet tipping allowance!

In future I shall have to consider the other 155 players in a USA tour event ;)

• edited January 2014
    Dubai Desert

Oleson 25/1 - Flash drew my attention to him this week.

Donaldson 40/1 - Really was struggling for my second pick. Thought about Fleetwood and canizares but decided to go with a more consistent performer. Thought that was best idea with a consistent player because oleson can be very hit or miss and definitely one who can miss cuts very easily too and didn't want to be left with no runners for the weekend! considered Mr consistenet luiten but his record here is terrible.

Phoenix - odds aren't up yet on skybet but my shortlist is Bradley, Every, Haas, Horschel, Moore, Palmer, Poulter, Simpson and Watson. Ryan Moore I imagine will be one of them and probably 1st round leader too all depends on the odds though.
  • edited January 2014
    Dubai Desert

Thorbjorn Olesen - 30/1, as per my earlier post, Olesen gets my support for the season from here on in and I'm hoping he starts with a win this week.

The form suggests he must go close, tied 3rd last week, 3rd here last year, also has 2 top 10's in Abu Dhabi, so is clearly comfortable to conditions at the Desert Swing. Hardly surprising that he has now based in himself in Dubai and it is reported that he has been putting in some serious practice sessions out in Dubai.

Romain Wattel - 66/1, not at the level of Olesen, but Wattel also has some decent recent form and above average results here and in the region, I don't expect he will be 66/1 for long, so I've waded in early, to secure the value.

I will probably add to the portfolio, but for me Olesen and Wattel are the two stand out value picks in the early markets.

Good Luck All!
  • edited January 2014
    I know I know.... U are gonna say VERY VERY boring.. But it's Rory's to lose this week. So it's a footy acca Tues night for me, last leg being Rory @ 7/2.

I'm also having a good wedge on Olesen @ 14/1 ew WITHOUT the big 3 with Sky Bet. If any firm bet without just Rory, I'll have a look at that too (if 20/1 or bigger).
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters):
    I know I know.... U are gonna say VERY VERY boring.. But it's Rory's to lose this week. So it's a footy acca Tues night for me, last leg being Rory @ 7/2. I'm also having a good wedge on Olesen @ 14/1 ew WITHOUT the big 3 with Sky Bet. If any firm bet without just Rory, I'll have a look at that too (if 20/1 or bigger).
    Posted by joesman1
    Can't argue with those picks.

I might back Olesen without the big 3 myself.

Like pocket aces you've got the best starting hand but like pocket aces no guarantee they will win :(

Good Luck!
  • edited January 2014
    Phoenix Open

Ryan Palmer - 33/1,
    5th last year and also has a tied 2nd here, Palmer was 2nd last time out, so ticks some good form boxes.

Charley Hoffman - 45/1, has a 2nd place here and also in good form with a very good final round in the Farmers, good ew value.

JB Holmes - 100/1, has two wins on tour, both at this venue, including a 7 shot victory. JB has taken his time to come back from illness, a tied 23rd at the Farmers last week was very promising and if coming into some form, he obviously loves this course, so could give a decent run for the money at a tidy 100/1.

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : Can't argue with those picks. I might back Olesen without the big 3 myself. Like pocket aces you've got the best starting hand but like pocket aces no guarantee they will win :( Good Luck!
    Posted by TheDart
    Nope, no guarantee Darty..... They'd be 3/1 on Skypoker, same price as Rory to beat 155 other golfers lol.....
  • edited January 2014
    Phoenix

Ryan Moore 28/1 £2ew Good form and good course form

Ryan Palmer 33/1 £2ew Good form and good course form

Marc Leishman 45/1 £1ew
    Excellent recent form and played well last week. Didn't watch it on tv but from watching the pga app looked like his putter let him down but this weeks course's winning scores tend to be a lot higher so birdies should be easier to come by. No course form.

Also used my free bet for a double.

Rory Mcilroy 3/1 and Phil Mickelson 14/1 £2.5 ew (free bet)
    Hard to see mcilroy not being up there come Sunday. I'd be very surprised if he isn't in the last two pairings.
    Likewise mickleson if he plays to anywhere near his potential he'll be up there too. Think he has a some of ongoing back injury though so may regret this one.

Still waiting for the first round leader market odds to go up and i'll probably have a dabble in those too.

-----------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £91.31

Bets in play: 6

• edited January 2014
    just checked the news on mickelson and his back problems. He wont be playing the pro am on Tuesday due to it and said the following:

"If it was any other tournament, I’d skip it," Mickelson said in a news release, “but I’m defending, it’s my second home town and I love the event. I’ll have a light practice session and if it goes well I may try to play.”

Doesn't sound too good. Even if he does play doesn't sound like he'll be 100%.
  • edited January 2014
    [QUOTE I finished off last week or started this week, by finally finding a player I felt offers some value in the R2D market and have backed, Thorbjorn Olesen at 125/1 ew first 4.

Just checked the prices for R2D and the firm where I backed Olesen at 125/1 yesterday, now has him at 50/1, wow!
  • edited January 2014
    Dubai First Round Leaders

Luiten 33/1 £1ew

Fleetwood 50/1 £1ew

Phoenix FRL

Bradley 33/1 £1 ew

Haas 35/1 £1ew

Was going to go with Palmer but odds are too short. He is about 10th favourite overall but 3rd fav for frl which I found strange.

-----------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £83.31

Bets in play: 10

Value of bets this week: £26 + £5free bet
    Weekly Profit/Loss: -£26

• edited January 2014
    Good signs this week, we all seem to be on the same players!! I won't bother with a write up as mosyt of them already have one now.

Euro

Oleson 28/1
    Wattel - 66/1
    Mannessero - 80/1

PGA

Ryan Moore - 28/1
    Ryan Palmer - 33/1
    Matt Every - 35/1

All 50p e/w doubles
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Phoenix Open + Dubai Classic):
    Good signs this week, we all seem to be on the same players!! I won't bother with a write up as mosyt of them already have one now. Euro Oleson 28/1 Wattel - 66/1 Mannessero - 80/1 PGA Ryan Moore - 28/1 Ryan Palmer - 33/1 Matt Every - 35/1 All 50p e/w doubles
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Interesting to see you have gone for Mannessaro, I know I will have to back a third or even 4th player this week and Mannessero is very much on my short list, I might just cross the others off my list now and plump for young Matteo.
  • edited January 2014
    Yeah 80/1 is a bit confusing to me.

Granted he isn't in the best form of his life. But this time last year, or 2 years ago, he would be around 30/1. He has a fantastic short game, and is just trying to bulk up and get the distance. He has already had a T10 this year, and has won 4 times on tour. Even if it's a top 5 that's still 20/1!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Phoenix Open + Dubai Classic):
    Yeah 80/1 is a bit confusing to me. Granted he isn't in the best form of his life. But this time last year, or 2 years ago, he would be around 30/1. He has a fantastic short game, and is just trying to bulk up and get the distance. He has already had a T10 this year, and has won 4 times on tour. Even if it's a top 5 that's still 20/1!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    To be honest Flash, you had me at 80/1 :)

I'm on!
  • edited January 2014
    Will be trading again this week. 

Manassero is 120 on BF, have put at £2 back at 150, hopefully it'll get matched b4 the off, if not i'll take ~120 or whatever the price is b4 he tees off. Hopefully he'll have a good start and I can green up.

Rory is currently @ 4.6. Will see if I can get a lay matched at 4.0 b4 the off.

Most of my work will be done in rds3 and 4 where I will lay potential chokers.
  • edited January 2014
    I know I know.... U are gonna say VERY VERY boring.. But it's Rory's to lose this week. So it's a footy acca Tues night for me, last leg being Rory @ 7/2. I'm also having a good wedge on Olesen @ 14/1 ew WITHOUT the big 3 with Sky Bet. If any firm bet without just Rory, I'll have a look at that too (if 20/1 or bigger).
    Posted by joesman1
    My footy acca is Man U QPR Derby Brentford.. Then all on Rory... Works out 20/1 ish....
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : My footy acca is Man U QPR Derby Brentford.. Then all on Rory... Works out 20/1 ish....
    Posted by joesman1
    Stick it all on Tiger at double the odds, is Rory really twice the player Tiger is?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : Stick it all on Tiger at double the odds, is Rory really twice the player Tiger is?
    Posted by splashies
    The way Tiger played last week.... I'M twice the player he is!! Btw I'm not very good, ask Flash. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : My footy acca is Man U QPR Derby Brentford.. Then all on Rory... Works out 20/1 ish....
    Posted by joesman1
    WOW..... If Rory wins..... I'm gonna find Steve McClaren and French kiss him!!! 
  • edited January 2014
    Being greedy now, but one last bet Rory and Olesen in a dual/f'cast with Lads 40/1 (missed the 50's)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : WOW..... If Rory wins..... I'm gonna find Steve McClaren and French kiss him!!! 
    Posted by joesman1
    Nice one, you'd think Rory must go very close this week.

Good Luck!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : Nice one, you'd think Rory must go very close this week. Good Luck!
    Posted by TheDart
    Cheers Darty..... Are u aware how lucky I am?? 94th min winner. 2-1 down in 88th min....
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : Cheers Darty..... Are u aware how lucky I am?? 94th min winner. 2-1 down in 88th min....
    Posted by joesman1
    Lol, sorry yes I know you are a jammy *******!

I was watching Gillette soccer Tuesday or whatever they call it when it's not a Saturday.

I though at the time when they got it to 2-2, it was a great come back, I wish I'd seen your bet earlier I'd have appreciated the comeback even more.

It's a bit of karma back for your acca that went down, when Zach Johnson chipped in on the last and then did Tiger in the play off ;)

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Farmers Ins + Qatar Masters) : Lol, sorry yes I know you are a jammy *******! I was watching Gillette soccer Tuesday or whatever they call it when it's not a Saturday. I though at the time when they got it to 2-2, it was a great come back, I wish I'd seen your bet earlier I'd have appreciated the comeback even more. It's a bit of karma back for your acca that went down, when Zach Johnson chipped in on the last and then did Tiger in the play off ;)
    Posted by TheDart
    Wow Darty some memory u have Sir!!!

Thanks btw..... I'd just started to forget jumping up and down when zach put his approach into the drink, then watching in horror as he holed from the drop zone, then gasping for air as Tiger missed from less range than the one he gave Molinari to win a The Ryder Cup!!!! Ffs that was some roller coaster.....and the worst I've ever felt when a good bet hasn't come in.
  • edited January 2014
    Being greedy now, but one last bet Rory and Olesen in a dual/f'cast with Lads 40/1 (missed the 50's)
    Posted by joesman1
    Couldn't get on. Ladbrokes would only allow me £12.. Wanted £100..... Couldn't watch it come in knowing I only had 8% of what I wanted on.