You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited January 2014
    I've had a dabble in this week as well just to get my eye in! :-)

Not much research gone on, when there has been a break like that there isn't really any form, so like you say, it's just who's hot on the day...

Jimmy Walker 33/1
    Bill Haas - 25/1
  • edited January 2014
    2014 is finally here!

Not sure I'll be having a bet just yet, but really looking forward to watching.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Nelson Mandela C'ship):
    Oh and vwp darty on getting a final table jackpot yesterday!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Thanks JD :)

Though it was back to reality last night.
  • edited January 2014

I wasn't going to have a go this week, but I'm weak.

Ryan Moore - 20/1 ew first 4, outright and first round leader

and a saver on,

Matt Kuchar - 17/2 win (Sky price boost lured me in)

Good Luck in 2014 everyone.

• edited January 2014
    Dustin Johnson win only. Happy New Year everyone, and gl with your bets this year.
  • edited January 2014
    I think this week's Volvo Champions is actually wide open. There are a lot of guys in this that had a great year last year, and we just need to see how they do in 2014. Schwartzel is a short price this week, yes he is the best player in the field, but he hasn't been particularly impressive the last few tournaments considering they are in SA where he normally dominates. Jamie Donaldson is turning into a really good player and very consistent, but I can't back him at 10/1... I've gone for 1 mid-price who I think is over priced and one outsider who has decent results, is a bit of a favourite of mine and has the potential to get a e/w place.

Matteo Manassero - 33/1 - £5 e/w
    Mikko Ilonen - 70/1 - £2.50 e/w (free £5 bet)

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Hyundai Tournament of Champions):
    Decided to start my 2014 golf betting off today. Small field and probably a bit of a gamble and depend a lot on who's "in the mood" for this one. So went with: Spieth @ 22/1 Woodland @ 28/1 Johnson @ 14/1 (£5 free bet on this one) Only £1 ew on the first two as it's first bet of the season. Gonna try and keep track on my profit and loss for the golf this year too which I'll try to update on here with each event. That can be my new years resolution lol Wife would have preferred I quit smoking but hey ho  So opening balance: -£4 (£4 in play + £5 free bet).
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Well that was a nice way to start the season off!!!

I'll have a look at this weeks market at lunch and post my picks up.

-------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £46.25

Wins: 1
    Places: 1
    Bets placed: 3
  • edited January 2014

Got bored and looking up my bets now. Havent picked them yet but just noticed Zach Johnsons form - in his last 12 starts he has 9 top 10 finishes and 3 wins! Is there a more in form player in the world right now?!

• edited January 2014
    Ok picked my sony open bets:

Jordan Spieth 16/1 - He's just in really good form. 4 places and a win in last 10 starts. Never played at this course but his 2nd place finish in TOC shows he comfortable playing in Hawaii and is ready to compete.

£2 ew.

Jason Dufner 20/1 - Decent enough form at end of last year and played well in TOC. His record at this course is pretty abysmal but it wasn't great at the TOC course either. I'm hoping a change of schedule (doesn't seem to normaly play both the TOC and Sony) is him wanting to get into gear earlier in the season. 

£5 free bet on this (£2.50 ew)

Matt Every 66/1 - My outside punt. He's got a couple of top 10's in his last run of starts and finished 6th here in 2012.

£1 ew.

-------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £40.25

Bets placed: 6
  • edited January 2014
    Nice one JD.

I remember I was bigging Zach up towards the end of last season, saying he always gets a win and hasn't had one yet... Clearly I stopped betting at the worst time! :-(

I forgot to look on the PGA tour, I'll have a look now
  • edited January 2014
    Euro Tour Picks:

Joost Luiten 20/1

Victor Dubission 28/1

Neither played at this course last year but both have competed well over few months. Both £2ew.

----------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £32.25

Bets placed: 8 (5 in play) 
  • edited January 2014
    Great Start JD!
  • edited January 2014
    I've not kicked in with too much in depth  research yet, so with what golfing knowledge I have retained and a quick scan through the markets, I've decided it's a week for the O's!!!

My two O's in the Sony Open are:

Jeff Overton - 80/1, decent form pre Christmas and decent course form here, I think he's overpriced at 80/1.

Sean O'Hair - 150/1, I would imagine last year was his worst year on tour, in 22 starts he managed 3 withdrawals and 12 missed cuts, he switched coaches and suffered with injuries, with his last tournament of the 2013 tour being back in August.

He started the 2014 tour with two missed cuts, but then showed signs of form with a tied 15th and tied 26th last time out.

O'Hair finished tied 2nd in the event as recently as 2012 and conditions will play to his strengths if the wind blows, 150/1 feels like my first value bet of the season.

My O's for the Volvo Champions are:

I was tempted to go for Lousi Oosthuizen, but decided at 14/1 and a possible question over his fitness there's no value in the risk, so instead....

Peter OOlien - 33/1, sometimes spelt Uihlein. Towards the end of last season, I developed a bit of a thing for the Fred Couples of his generation. I like his game and ability to overpower some courses 'coupled' with a great temperament. Anytime he's priced at 33/1 I'm going to be tempted and on a week of minimal research I'm on.

David Owell - 66/1, sometimes spelt Howell. Another nice guy and good to see him back playing at somewhere near his best. I'll take my chances at 66/1.

I've done ew singles and ew doubles, good luck me, good luck all!
  • edited January 2014
    Didn't go into much/any research in the end, just picked some names I thought were in good form, looked at their stats, and if it proved correct then I bet! I didn't look at any past course form either....

Brendon De Jonge - 40/1 - Kept his eye in playing in SA, so I really think he will feature this week.

Jason Dufner - 22/1 

Mixed these with some 50p doubles on my other picks
  • edited January 2014
    Right guys I've set up the leagues..

European Tour

League name - Skypoker EXPERTS
    Pin - 5908

PGA Tour

League name - Skypoker EXPERTS

Let's get this banter going again!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Sony Open + Volvo Champions):
    Right guys I've set up the leagues.. European Tour League name - Skypoker EXPERTS Pin - 5908 PGA Tour League name - Skypoker EXPERTS Let's get this banter going again!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Hi flash

I didn't find the joys of "get in the hole" until the masters so missed out on this last year. What sites it on? just a dream team type thing I take it?
  • edited January 2014
    If you go on the European tour, and at the top click "My European tour" set up an account on there and click European Tour Fantasy Race. It's all pretty straight forward, pick 10 players each week and your score is their combined prize money for that week, this year you can make one a captain as well and he scores double. There are weekly prizes as well as monthly and yearly prizes. Joesman and TheDart both had top 10's for different week's last year which is incredible considering there are around 10,000 active members!

On the PGA tour site, in the top right there under "fans" click fantasy golf... Similar thing there, but you only pick 4 each week, and you can only pick any one player 10 times throughout the year.

Let me know if you get stuck...
  • edited January 2014
    Right guys I've set up the leagues.. European Tour League name - Skypoker EXPERTS Pin - 5908 PGA Tour League name - Skypoker EXPERTS Let's get this banter going again!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I'm signed up to both leagues again.

On the banter front, I think it would be a bit of fun if we don't check each other's scores in the PGA Tour competition until say The Masters and then check our mini league to see who is doing best.
  • edited January 2014
  • edited January 2014

decided to fire £1 ew on Clarke as he went -2 @50/1.

Always a sucker for Clarkey but also read he's lost about 3 stone which hopefully suggests he's been working very hard in the close season on his game/fitness.

Edit: Of course he bogeys the very next hole after I post that. Sigh

--------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £30.25

Bets placed: 9 (6 in play) 

• edited January 2014
    Think I'll start properly next week, so just a couple of v late longshots for this weekend.

Manny @ 66/1 in SA, +1 thru 4, 3 off lead
    Chesson Hadley @ 125/1 in Sony (Just copying Steve Bamford)

v small e/w double. 
  • edited January 2014
    Think I'll start properly next week, so just a couple of v late longshots for this weekend. Manny @ 66/1 in SA, +1 thru 4, 3 off lead Chesson Hadley @ 125/1 in Sony (Just copying Steve Bamford) v small e/w double. 
    Posted by splashies
    Haaa double bogeys 2 mins after my bet!
  • edited January 2014
    Yeah cheers for that Splashies! lol, He's made me look a right t!t now, I even tipped him on Twatter. :(
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Sony Open + Volvo Champions) : I'm signed up to both leagues again. On the banter front, I think it would be a bit of fun if we don't check each other's scores in the PGA Tour competition until say The Masters and then check our mini league to see who is doing best.
    Posted by TheDart
    Ha! Might that be because you've already got 5 weeks worth of points head start on us? lol!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Sony Open + Volvo Champions) : Ha! Might that be because you've already got 5 weeks worth of points head start on us? lol!
    Posted by FlashFlush

Yeah I was never going to get away with that was I.

Then again going on my performance in last seasons PGA fantasy comp I'm pretty sure you trounced me more than 2,000 points, so we may well be level by The Masters anyway.
  • edited January 2014
    gooooooooooo Manny
  • edited January 2014
    gooooooooooo Manny
    Posted by splashies
    Goooooo clarkey and Victor lol!!!

tempted by mannasero now still at 16/1

Edit: make that 25/1 - he must have dropped 1
  • edited January 2014
    double bogey ffs. see you all next week.
  • edited January 2014
    double bogey ffs. see you all next week.
    Posted by splashies
    That's it. You're officially banned from your own thread!
  • edited January 2014
    Luiten hits an albatross to go to T1!

Go Joost!!!