You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Italian Open + Tour Championship) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    Not sure, is it possible to just screen shot it and upload it as a picture?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I think it'd be too small and too hard to read as a screenshot. Sure if anybody wants it they can pm me their email address.

Re euro tour - haven't looked at it yet but both Molinari's aren't in great form. Might go for havret after two good finishes recently. i'll prob post my picks after lunch.

Think I'm going for Mahan and day in the tour champ. 

Edit: Just noticed Damien McGrane has had a t3 and t6 in last 3 starts but is also T10 for scrambling on tour which might be a useful stat if, as you say, the rough is severe. Best bit about him.....he's 50/1!!
  • edited September 2013

Bets placed:

Tour Champ

H Mahan      16/1
    J Day           20/1

Open D'italia

G Havret       25/1
    D McGrane    50/1

£5 free placed on the ew doubles.

• edited September 2013
    Italian open: Most important cirteria IMO is driving accuracy, then I've gone with current form. It's a new course so no history.

Mikko Korhonen 70/1 - I wasn't going to back him anymore, but looking through the driving accuracy he is right up there and his form isn't bad, so I would be silly to leave him out.

David Horsey 40/1 - Solid pick, good form, good accuracy, possibly my tip of the week!

Eduardo De La Riva 50/1 - Same as above really, good form and accuracy and also 50/1

Tour Championship: Bit of a lottery really this week with so many good players, all very capable of winning any event, so it's just who ever can find that edge this week.

Luke Donald - 18/1 - Good course history and had a decent week last week with a closing round of 64. He is only 29 in the fedex cup so will not have the pressure of the $10m as it will be almost impossible for him to win it.
  • edited September 2013
    tour championship

snedeker 20/1 e/w £2.50 cash 

Don't normally back woods as there's no value but think it might be his week plus I have a free £5 bet with another site which can only be used on win only bets so

woods 5/1 win £5 free bet.

be lucky.
  • edited September 2013
    Decided to get back in on the action a bit late this week, not following my previous staking plan anymore.

Tour Championship

Tiger Woods Win @ 9/2

Italian Open

Matteo Manassero Win @ 14/1
    Julien Quesne e/w @ 80/1
  • edited September 2013
    good to see you back splashies!! gl with the bets!
  • edited September 2013
    I actually loaded my bets on here wrong. I was going with De La Riva, but decided to go win only on Francesco. I just felt at the end of the day if you backed a horse to win at 14/1 and it came in you;d be well chuffed... so why not a golf bet? OK it's a much larger field, but I think he has a massive edge this week, he just needs to play to what he can do!
  • edited September 2013

Catch up news from me, I've been and gone and am back again.

In my absence...

Nice Primo win Flash!

Well done Jd and Achill for wins on Johnson and Luiten.

I see I missed a rare sighting of Joesman, welcome back Neil.

Welcome back Splashies!!!

• edited September 2013
    I didn't get a chance to do any real research this week, but after reading a little bit about the course I decided to make a tenuous link to Wentworth, which may have been completely ridiculous, but at least in my own mind I came up with a reasoning for my picks which were / are:

Italian Open

Marcus Fraser - 40/1
    , I bigged Fraser up a couple of weeks ago at 100/1, when he was playing his first tournament for a while, he did OK finishing tied 20th, I've not seen any golf but he followed up with a tied 16th last week to suggest he might be a player coming into form and he has a top 5 at Wentworth.

Alejandro Canizares - 66/1, Lost in a play off at the PGA at Wentworth this year.

James Kingston - 200/1, hardly played on the tour this year, but virtually secured his card next year with a 6th place finish at Wentworth.
  • edited September 2013
    Tour Championship

Again no major research for me, but I backed....

Hunter Mahan - 18/1, I broke my 'value bet' rule this week, which is don't back anyone below 25/1, I didn't see any of the event last week, but I saw that Mahan had a good tournament, he has course form here and just gives me a strong gut feeling this week., though that could be something I've eaten ;)
    Mahan also ew doubled with Marcus Fraser

Roberto Castro - 80/1, Seems to play well in big events and in a field of 30, looks to be good value.

Castro also ew double with Canizares

Now I'm off to get my Graham DeLaet fix, I'd love to see him get his debut win this week and end up Fed-Ex Champion, I'll be taking 40/1 for the tournament and 28/1 for first round leader, ew both markets.

I'm also going to have a quick scan at the in play market for the Italian Open and see if I can come up with someone to double Delaet with.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Italian Open + Tour Championship):
    Catch up news from me, I've been and gone and am back again. In my absence... Nice Primo win Flash! Well done Jd and Achill for wins on Johnson and Luiten. I see I missed a rare sighting of Joesman, welcome back Neil. Welcome back Splashies!!!
    Posted by TheDart
    welcome back dart! ps where do you go all the time? lol
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Italian Open + Tour Championship):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Italian Open + Tour Championship) : welcome back dart! ps where do you go all the time? lol
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Cheers JD.

I work for the Turks and on this last trip I was in Thailand and China.
  • edited September 2013
    Haha Woods only player not to make a single birdie. gg
  • edited September 2013
    Splashies - only seen highlights of woods but he looked like he had a fun round ;) On the upside I see Quesne is going well today -4 thru 10 and 1 off the lead (albeit the leaders haven't tee'd off yet.)

TheDart - sounds like you get around lol castro and delaet off to solid starts and Kingston certainly not out of it.
  • edited September 2013
    very annoyed with myself at the moment, when you get a winning horse you stick with it.

so why back woods instead of stenson?

had a £10 win double on stenson and Molinari to make the weekends golf interesting.

be lucky.
  • edited September 2013
    Sunday punt take 2:

Zach Johnson without stenson 8/1

2.5 ew (top 3)
  • edited September 2013
    That's how you do it boys. 80/1 winner 1st week back :)
  • edited September 2013
    Posted by splashies
    VWP splashies!!!! See u should never have left :)

Congrats!!
  • edited September 2013
    Posted by splashies
    Now that is impressive!

Very well done Splashies!!!
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Italian Open + Tour Championship) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    Decided to get back in on the action a bit late this week, not following my previous staking plan anymore. Tour Championship Tiger Woods Win @ 9/2 Italian Open Matteo Manassero Win @ 14/1 Julien Quesne e/w @ 80/1
    Posted by splashies
    Great pick.

Didn't even know this bloke existed let alone back him.

His results for the year are pretty average, what made you pick him if you don't mind me asking.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Italian Open + Tour Championship) Year Profit: +554.96pts : Great pick. Didn't even know this bloke existed let alone back him. His results for the year are pretty average, what made you pick him if you don't mind me asking.
    Posted by achill

Was a bit of a punt as there werent too many with good course form when I was looking. I remember when he won last year when I'd never heard of him, so he's been on the radar since then. He had a good week in Holland and is steady off the tee, so was a massive punt really. Most of my eggs were in Manassero's basket though, so yeh still a surprising winner.
  • edited September 2013
    Well done Splashies!
  • edited September 2013
    done my bets early this week because it's been a slow work day lol

Alfred Dunhill

Ross Fisher 25/1 - two top 5's in last two starts and some solid scores in this event although not spectacular by any stretch. (£5 free bet on this one)

Alex Noren 50/1 - Been out for a while now with a wrist injury which I think has pushed him out to a good price for someone who would be normally in the 30-40/1 bracket. He nearly played last week but pulled out last minute so hoping it was just a precaution and he's ready to go this week. 3rd in this event in 2012. Only worrying point is according to his twitter account he's in Oklahoma and not in Scotland practising lol
  • edited September 2013
    Should be very calm conditions, mix that in with links courses and that makes for low scoring. I've gone for 3 people who smash the ball miles, so a lot of the holes should be just wedges in. (A few at St Andrews will be drivable for these.)

Brooks Koepka - 55/1 - 2nd in driving distance. Poor performance last week missing the cut, but the course wouldn't of suited him.

Victor Dubuisson - 45/1 - 23rd in driving distance. 3rd last time out at the Omega Masters and a 5th here last year. 45/1 is very very generous!

Louis Oosthuizen - 40/1 - 18th in driving distance. Has good history at these types of courses, he is well out of form, but I backed him at the start of the season, and if he wins now when I'm not on him I'll be gutted.
  • edited September 2013
    I'm in trouble this week, I've got my shortlist down to 8, but am struggling to find the bottle or reasoning to drop anyone from my final 8.
  • edited September 2013
    I'm in trouble this week, I've got my shortlist down to 8, but am struggling to find the bottle or reasoning to drop anyone from my final 8.
    Posted by TheDart
    Who's the 8? lol
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Italian Open + Tour Championship) : Who's the 8? lol
    Posted by jdsallstar
    The 8 are:

Victor Dubuisson - 50/1
    Danny Willett - 50/1
    Fredrik Andersson Hed - 80/1
    Mikko Ilonen - 80/1
    John Parry - 100/1
    Rafa Cabrera-Bello - 100/1
    Matthew Baldwin - 150/1
    Tom Lewis - 175/1

I admit better judges than me would dismiss most if not all of those players, but for me they are good links players priced at very generous odds.

If I just look at current form, maybe I can take a few out.

and then there is Martin Kaymer, a player I have been very keen on in recent months, but ruled him out this week because he is 22/1 favourite.

On reflection a 22/1 winner wouldn't be that bad, but I really don't like backing players near the head of the field in golf events, I just don't believe it's a long term winning strategy.
  • edited September 2013
    Dyson 25/1 £2.50 e/w cash

Gallacher 33/1 £2.50 e/w cash

Dubuisson 45/1 £2.50 e/w free bet

Andersson Hed 80/1 £2.50 e/w free bet

Posting early as i'm off golfing in Spain on Thursday.

Be lucky
  • edited September 2013
    Just going to copy tips from Paul Williams this week, much easier than doing my own research...

Ross Fisher @ 25/1
    Stephen Gallagher @ 35/1
    Tommy Fleetwood @ 50/1
    John Parry @ 100/1
    Espen Kofstad @ 200/1
    Chris Doak @ 300/1
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Alfred Dunhill Links):
    Dyson 25/1 £2.50 e/w cash Gallacher 33/1 £2.50 e/w cash Dubuisson 45/1 £2.50 e/w free bet Andersson Hed 80/1 £2.50 e/w free bet Posting early as i'm off golfing in Spain on Thursday. Be lucky
    Posted by achill
    Quality! Have a great time!