You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Ha, ha. Not to worry. It was just crazy seeing all in after all in. I think the only person not all in was UTG who had originally raised and walked into a world of pain!

Just having a look for early ideas this week. Previous form, Jimenez jumps out at me. Although he did miss the cut last week. My other tip would be a guy I've backed a couple of times now. Mikko Korhonen. He hasn't been outside of the top 10 the last 3 tourneys and has stayed well under the radar, which shows as the bookies still have him out at around 80/1. Other thought is Brett Rumford, clearly knows how to win this year and has just had a T8 and T6 back to back, yet he is still available at 40/1!
  • edited September 2013
    Thanks for the Delaet best wishes guys and good to see Flash and JD on him as well.

Big thanks to for JJ taking Sergio out of the picture ;)

We all know there's a long way to go, I'm obviously hoping for the win, but I would also be very pleased with a top 5 finish.

The biggest concern I have is that DeLaet shot the low round of the week yesterday and it is notoriously difficult and almost never heard of that a golfer goes low the following day, in fact I think most pundits / commentators claim, after a round like DeLaets yesterday, anything under par today would be excellent.

Anything under par won't do, i reckon he need's to be aiming at 7 under par 64, to have a chance for the win and a -4 67 for a place.

We only need to look at this tournament on this course to see how difficult the task is, round 1 leaders, Mickleson and Davis, each followed up their opening 8 under par 63's with a level par 71 and +1 72 respectively, if DeLaet does the same he won't finish top 10 today, for sure there will be a lot of scores in the mid to low 60's again today.

So big ask for Graham DeLaet, when he's chasing his first win on tour.

Good Luck Good Luck Good Luck Graham DeLaet!!!!!

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Deutsche Bank + Wales Open) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    Ha, ha. Not to worry. It was just crazy seeing all in after all in. I think the only person not all in was UTG who had originally raised and walked into a world of pain! Just having a look for early ideas this week. Previous form, Jimenez jumps out at me. Although he did miss the cut last week. My other tip would be a guy I've backed a couple of times now. Mikko Korhonen. He hasn't been outside of the top 10 the last 3 tourneys and has stayed well under the radar, which shows as the bookies still have him out at around 80/1. Other thought is Brett Rumford, clearly knows how to win this year and has just had a T8 and T6 back to back, yet he is still available at 40/1!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I haven't even thought about this weeks events, but my Brett Rumford knowledge is pretty strong.

As you rightly say he's won twice this year and is bang in form at the moment, add that he is very much a horses for courses player who often shows up will on the same courses year on year and that he is a previous winner of this event on this course, 40/1 does sound very generous!
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Deutsche Bank + Wales Open) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    Thanks for the Delaet best wishes guys and good to see Flash and JD on him as well. Big thanks to for JJ taking Sergio out of the picture ;) We all know there's a long way to go, I'm obviously hoping for the win, but I would also be very pleased with a top 5 finish. The biggest concern I have is that DeLaet shot the low round of the week yesterday and it is notoriously difficult and almost never heard of that a golfer goes low the following day, in fact I think most pundits / commentators claim, after a round like DeLaets yesterday, anything under par today would be excellent. Anything under par won't do, i reckon he need's to be aiming at 7 under par 64, to have a chance for the win and a -4 67 for a place.We only need to look at this tournament on this course to see how difficult the task is, round 1 leaders, Mickleson and Davis, each followed up their opening 8 under par 63's with a level par 71 and +1 72 respectively, if DeLaet does the same he won't finish top 10 today, for sure there will be a lot of scores in the mid to low 60's again today. So big ask for Graham DeLaet, when he's chasing his first win on tour. Good Luck Good Luck Good Luck Graham DeLaet!!!!!
    Posted by TheDart

and here lies the problem for today, DeLaet is completely flat, nothing happening for him and slipping down the leaderboard.

Currently in a 3 way tie for 7th, I'd be delighted with a top 5 finish right now.

• edited September 2013
    Forgot to post on here.

Backed Stenson at 25/1 with free £5 bet £2.50 e/w

Looking good at the moment, hopefully rain delay won't break his good run.

• edited September 2013
    well done Darty , should have played up my winnings as well , nice winner and place double.

Also to anyone who had Stenson
  • edited September 2013

Yes, very happy with the result in the end, as the outright win was never on the cards.

For much of the day it looked like DeLaet might not make top 5, so was delighted with his birdie, birdie finish to take 3rd place on his own, which gave me the place double at odds of 150/1.

Also got my place singles on Delaet ew at 66/1 and 45/1 without the favourites.

With Bourdy winning at 40/1 and Parry finishing 4th at 80/1, it all mounts up to a tidy profit for the week :)

• edited September 2013
    Very nice Darty. wp Stenson backers too.
  • edited September 2013

WP Dart that's a good run you've been on the last few weeks, Congrats!!

• edited September 2013

Euro tour is tricky this week (euro always is for me). Seems to be a lot of players in semi decent form but not outstanding and a lot of players with decent course form but again not outstanding. So there's not too many obvious players standing out for me.

Was tempted by Castano, Dyson and Rumford. After Flash's and Darts write ups I've gone with Rumford (although his odds have came in from 40/1).

2nd pick is just my Ryan Giggs pick i.e. when you're not sure what to do go with an old trusted favourite lol

Euro

Rumford  33/1   - decent form and decent record here.
    Bjorn       40/1   - terrible recent form, decent season form and decent record here.

As there's no pga tour I've went with two web.com tour picks which looks wide open with no players shorter than 25/1.

Web.com

Bud Cauley        40/1
    Brendan Todd    40/1

I've used my £5 free bet from the free bet club putting the 4 in ew doubles.

Gl all

• edited September 2013
    European Tour

Mikko Korhonen - 80/1
    Brett Rumford - 28/1 (Sods law the 3 bookies im with are the 3 only offering 28/1) :-(

Web.com Tour

Michael Putnam - 25/1
    Patrick Cantlay - 50/1

• edited September 2013
    Omega Masters

Along with Flash, having recognised the strong credentials of Brett Rumford, i'd be mad not to back him now, particularly as Rumford was a winner for me earlier in the season, but for now I'm resisitng the 33/1 on offer. I also like the chances of Simon Dyson this week, but at a similar best priced 33/1, I'm not being taken in by the bookies.

So instead, I've indulged myself in a spot of research and come up with a a few picks, further down the bookies lists:

Marcus Fraser - 100/1, I looked for Fraser in the betting and initially thought he wasn't entered as I expected him to be around 50/1. Check the history books and where you find Brett Rumford high up on a past leaderboard, quite often you will find Marcus Fraser.

Rumford and Fraser seem to play similar courses very well, the most recent example was the Ballantines earlier this year, where Rumford beat Fraser in a play off. Rumford has won this event, Fraser was second only last year. Fraser is playing a light schedule, but he does appear to be able to put in a good performance after a lay off.

Last time out was the USA PGA championship where he was near the lead for the first couple of days, so confidence should be good, at 3 times the price of Rumford, I think he represents excellent value this week.

Fredrik Andersson Hed - 80/1, a streaky player who disappears way down the leaderboards for months and then suddenly appears with a game that resembles a world class golfer. He is also a bit of a horses for courses player.

For 3 rounds at Gleneagles it looked like he was back on his A game and I was kicking myself as I nearly backed him at 100/1, but a poor last round took him out of the reckoning. He followed that up with a missed cut in Wales at a course where he has never performed that well.

This week he's on a course he loves, he was tied 2nd last year and 6th in 2011, if he can produce the form he showed over the first 3 rounds at Gleneagles 2 weeks ago, I think he represents very good ew value at 80/1.

Danny Willett - 70/1, fresh off a 2 day score of +10 and a missed cut in the Wales Open, as a 'Willet watcher', I do think Danny Willett could be the man this week!

I'm not bothered at all by the missed cut last week, history show's us that Willett's game and course management can lead to more missed cuts than a player of his ability should be recording, but history also shows us that Danny Willett has the ability to bounce back the following week and have a very big tournament.

A nice example of this and hopefully soon to be a coincidence, is the missed cut at the Wales Open in 2012, where the next event Danny Willett competed in brought him his debut tour win, (beating Marcus Fraser in a play off).

Consider that Willett finished tied 2nd here last year and he's ticking a lot of boxes including the big value box!

Good Luck all!!!!
  • edited September 2013

Web.Com

No real in-depth knowledge here, so I'm sticking with what I do know, with these two picks:

Seung-Yul Noh - 40/1, a winner on the European Tourn and when he joined the PGA Tour in 2012 he was full of confidence talking about wanting to get the first win quickly, the win didn't come but he had a very good year and kept his card comfortably.

This year his results have been poor, though there was an improvement in the last month which included a best of the season tied 7th, but it was a case of too little too late.

Probably feels he is too good for the Web.com tour and finished 7th last week so form and confidence looks to be high.

Doubled with Fredrik Andersson Hed

Spencer Levin - 66/1, he had a very good year on the main tour last year, which unfortunately ended with him needing surgery on a thumb, he's only been back a month or so, playing on the web.com tour, but has managed a 2nd place finish, so looks like he is over the injury.

There is big pressure on the players in this web.com play off series as it's a last chance saloon for players to get their PGA Tour card for 2014, Levin on the other hand will qualify for playing rights through a medical exemption, so I'm going with the theory that he is playing with less pressure than anyone else and is more talented than most!

Doubled with Danny Willett

Good Luck All!!!!

• edited September 2013
    Fraser was the first person I looked at this week for the exact same reasons you said. His current form put me off though, and ended up going with Mikko...
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Omega Masters) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    Fraser was the first person I looked at this week for the exact same reasons you said. His current form put me off though, and ended up going with Mikko...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yes current form is pretty thin, but in 2012 he entered this event in a similar run of form and still managed tied 2nd, overall I felt he is a player than can just turn up and play well if the course suits him.

His first 2 days performance at the US PGA also made me take note, as did the 100/1 on offer.

Good luck with Mikko, I've noticed you have picked him a few time in your fantasy team and his results do appear to be going in the right direction.
  • edited September 2013
    Posting my bets early this week so it doesn't look like a brag post if they win.

Got two free £5 bets to use.

Both £2.50 e/w

Casey 20/1

Fraser 80/1

Be lucky.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Omega Masters) Year Profit: +554.96pts:
    European Tour Mikko Korhonen - 80/1 Brett Rumford - 28/1 (Sods law the 3 bookies im with are the 3 only offering 28/1) :-( Web.com Tour Michael Putnam - 25/1 Patrick Cantlay - 50/1
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Flash, Patrick Cantlay has withdrawn
  • edited September 2013
    Oh rubbish. I might just leave it.
  • edited September 2013
    I've expanded my portfolio with the addition of Alex Prugh at the web.com event.

The names been nagging away at me, I seem to think I had him down in the 'mental notebook' as one to watch, but can't for the life of me find anything in the records, that looks familiar.

Perhaps I'm having a premonition of a future win ;)

Alex Prugh  - 66/1

and with so much course form at the European Masters, I've added a player with no course form but good recent form and a game that should suit the course:

Eduardo DeLa Riva - 80/1

ew singles and an ew double
  • edited September 2013
    Some may recall I was keen on Victor Dubuisson a couple of months ago, he didn't deliver and then took a break.

Seeing him follow up a good first round with a nice start to his second round and spotting one bookie who was a little slow on updating their odds, I took 40/1 this morning, when Dubuisson was -5.

With my picks in the web.com event, not looking too good, I wanted to add someone else as an ew double with Dubuisson, I've gone for Ben Kohles at 25/1.

The logic for the Ben Kohles selection, well he is joint leader after round 1, but more so because Flash tipped him a few times earlier in the season, so let's see what happens.
  • edited September 2013
    Some may recall I was keen on Victor Dubuisson a couple of months ago, he didn't deliver and then took a break. Seeing him follow up a good first round with a nice start to his second round and spotting one bookie who was a little slow on updating their odds, I took 40/1 this morning, when Dubuisson was -5. With my picks in the web.com event, not looking too good, I wanted to add someone else as an ew double with Dubuisson, I've gone for Ben Kohles at 25/1. The logic for the Ben Kohles selection, well he is joint leader after round 1, but more so because Flash tipped him a few times earlier in the season, so let's see what happens.
    Posted by TheDart
    Both sitting in good spots now - good in play bets dart!

My bets have got off to a good start:

Euro
    Bjorn T2
    Rumford T13

Web.com
    Cauley T6
    Todd T33

Then again over the last few weeks my bets have done well rounds 1 and 2 then collapsed by the sunday! hope it doesn't happen again :(
  • edited September 2013
    GL with Kohles. I had a look at him before the event but his form wasn't good at all, so left him alone...
  • edited September 2013

I think this is the closest ive been to the double going into the final round. Bjorn T2 and Todd T6. Bjorn 2 off lead and todd 3 off. Todd would have been 1 off had he not double bogeyed the par 5 18th! anyway hopefully get a good sweat tomorrow anway. Bjorn cant be too far away and who knows what'll happen in the web.com!!!

Rumford (T12) and Cauley (T19) I suppose have outside chances of places but i think they'd need magic rounds of -8 or less realistically!

2 places from todd and bjorn would get me about £100
    2 wins from the two of them would get me about £1200!!

After hitting the blackjack tables after a skyvegas free £10 offer lured me in I could do with a decent win!! 

• edited September 2013
    I think this is the closest ive been to the double going into the final round. Bjorn T2 and Todd T6. Bjorn 2 off lead and todd 3 off. Todd would have been 1 off had he not double bogeyed the par 5 18th! anyway hopefully get a good sweat tomorrow anway. Bjorn cant be too far away and who knows what'll happen in the web.com!!! Rumford (T12) and Cauley (T19) I suppose have outside chances of places but i think they'd need magic rounds of -8 or less realistically! 2 places from todd and bjorn would get me about £100 2 wins from the two of them would get me about £1200!! After hitting the blackjack tables after a skyvegas free £10 offer lured me in I could do with a decent win!! 
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Best of luck with Bjorn and Todd today.

First job is to get the place secured with Bjorn and I see after 4 holes of the final round he's off to a good start and 4 shots clear of 6th place!
  • edited September 2013
    So bjorn squeaks home finally in a playoff giving a nice return!

I then jump over to see Todd double bogey the 3rd! Double win dream over - place double still got a chance tho!
  • edited September 2013
    well todd's challenge never got going which is a bit of a sigh but on the bright side the bjorn win was a welcome boost.

wp dart of the dubisson place and anybody else who won anything!
  • edited September 2013
    Flashflush takes down Primo!!!!!

Wp mate
  • edited September 2013
    WD JD. Shame you couldn't get the double involved but a winner is never a bad thing!

Cheers Splashies :-) 
  • edited September 2013
    WD JD. Shame you couldn't get the double involved but a winner is never a bad thing! Cheers Splashies :-) 
    Posted by FlashFlush
    lol forget my £50. WP on the primo win!!!!

Any exciting plans with the winnings?
  • edited September 2013
    My car is overdue a proper service! Haven't had it done since I've owned it, and thats 2 and a half years. oops! So going to treat it to a full valet as well. I was also looking at getting a decent road bike, because I did a triathlon the other day and my bike is really not the right tool for the job! So I'll spend a few hundred on that. The rest will be shipped into my savings account and probably use it for a holiday next year for the kids.