You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Not much to shout about after day 1 in Joburg, best placed for me is Danny Willett and he might have to pull out with a back problem.

So I might be throwing good money after bad, but I've had a go in the FRL markets in the AT & T.

Rafael Carbrera-Bello - 20/1
    Chris Kirk - 22/1
    Matt Jones - 20/1

£2 win singles
    £1 win doubles
    £1 ew treble

Sean O'Hair - 33/1
    James Driscoll - 33/1
    Seung-Yul Noh - 28/1

£1ew singles, doubles and trebles
    or should I have just said £1 ew patent!

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Joburg Open):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Joburg Open) : and not just dead last on an ordinary week, dead last in 210th position, behind 209 other players :) Sorry JD, you've had some memorable picks this seasons with some great results, but I think this one will stay in the memory banks for some time :) Good Luck with your other picks!
    Posted by TheDart
    and 3 shots worse off than anyone lol ah well knew they were all complete punts!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Joburg Open) : and 3 shots worse off than anyone lol ah well knew they were all complete punts!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Now now, no need for language like that! ;-)
  • edited February 2014
    Going to start off by laying Charl at 4/1 ish. He begins on the more difficult East Course and theres seems to a fair bit of bad weather about.
    Posted by splashies
    Laid him at 4/1 and backed him in-play mid-round at 9/1.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Will probably lay George Coetzee b4 rd 2. He's off late and on the harder course.
  • edited February 2014
    Oh and great 1000/1 tip Flash
  • edited February 2014
    Not really been following the golf in last cpl of months but put these bets on a cpl of weeks back for the Masters
    I presume Hunter Mahan is doing ok of late as he is now 50,s, although Bo Van Pelt has drifted to 259/1. Was wondering of having another cpl of quid on him but not sure
    Group B / US Masters 2014 / Winner Bo Van Pelt Back 33561051677 24-Jan-14
    23:30
      180  2.00   180 24-Jan-14 23:30  

Group B / US Masters 2014 / Winner Hunter Mahan Back 33561034413 24-Jan-14
    23:29
      75  3.00   75 24-Jan-14 23:29
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Joburg Open) : Now now, no need for language like that! ;-)
    Posted by FlashFlush

:)

Thankfully some of my runners have managed to make some progress after a poor first day on both sides of the atlantic. Not near contention yet but Hanson and Aiken both sitting t22 at present with aiken a chance of getting closer if he can get a few more birdies today. My outside bets look like they'll both miss the cut.

Annoyed i didnt back mickelson this week - was gonna put all my eggs in one basket and put the entire weekly bets just on him but the back injury put me off. 

On the upside thanks to poker and golf bets I finally got my new tv and it's awesome lol Nothing better than getting a new toy!

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Joburg Open) : :) Thankfully some of my runners have managed to make some progress after a poor first day on both sides of the atlantic. Not near contention yet but Hanson and Aiken both sitting t22 at present with aiken a chance of getting closer if he can get a few more birdies today. My outside bets look like they'll both miss the cut. Annoyed i didnt back mickelson this week - was gonna put all my eggs in one basket and put the entire weekly bets just on him but the back injury put me off.  On the upside thanks to poker and golf bets I finally got my new tv and it's awesome lol Nothing better than getting a new toy!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Nice one. The way I'm going I'll be having to sell mine!

My 1000/1 showed why he was 1000/1 today and was +4 through 3 holes when I woke up this morning :(. From being T1 after 17 holes yesterday, he has now missed the CUT... All my eggs are in Coetzee and Dawie's basket's now.

Not a bad start in Americaa, it's an extremely bunched leaderboard though and every bogey or birdie makes a huge difference to their place... Best shout for me is a Coetzee and Walker double...
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Joburg Open) : Nice one. The way I'm going I'll be having to sell mine! My 1000/1 showed why he was 1000/1 today and was +4 through 3 holes when I woke up this morning :(. From being T1 after 17 holes yesterday, he has now missed the CUT... All my eggs are in Coetzee and Dawie's basket's now. Not a bad start in Americaa, it's an extremely bunched leaderboard though and every bogey or birdie makes a huge difference to their place... Best shout for me is a Coetzee and Walker double...
    Posted by FlashFlush

Almost felt sorry for you there then I remembered I've seen your sharkscope before :)

Agree with you on America we're not going to get an idea of whats really going on until midway thru tomorrows round I think. Could be some good in play value with the way its shaping up.
  • edited February 2014
    well aiken and walker there or thereabouts for me.
  • edited February 2014
    Ok i laid coetzee b4 rd 2, things didnt go well as he played ok but his price hasnt changed too much.

Think I'll continue and even top up the lay for rd 3, its a very bunched leaderboard and his price is too short, especially for someone who has a rep for not getting the job done.

Obv I intend to green up after the round and hope he storms home on sunday for you guys who've backed him.
  • edited February 2014
    Added Patrick reed to team jd at 28/1 £1 ew and Daniel summerhays at 200/1 4 shots off the lead £1 ew as well
  • edited February 2014
    Didn't see any golf yesterday or follow up any updates.

From my point of view all I can say is, beware the injured golfer, come on Danny Willett!!!
  • edited February 2014
    STOP THE BUS

Got leaders in both tournies.

Hold on boys
  • edited February 2014
    Was about to say gl Terry, but seen Speith has had a 'mare', ul mate, but gl with Aitken.
  • edited February 2014
    Right rant time. I've backed Coatzee for TWO years now. Time and time again he gets in the mix, only to 'bottle it'. Yet again, he's being right in it this week. BUT..........

18th hole r1, easy par 4. His usual block to the left off the tee when he gets 'tight' result his 1st bogey when joint leader.

18th hole r2, easy par 5. Again poor off the tee, poor lay up, poor pitch, poor par. So missed out on lead again.

3rd round, played 'safe golf' for 9 holes. Then double bogied 11th. So once the heat was off and fading away, birdie birdie birdie. Back in it, whoops bogey. Just about birdied the easy par 5 18th.

NOW, this might be his best chance of a win, coming from off the pace. Post a score that maybe the equally flakey Aitken might struggle to match. 

Joint leader Walters, mirrors Coatzee. 2/3 wins on a The Sunshine Tour, but a maiden on the European Tour. If Coatzee does get a chance of winning, I wonder how many shots he leaks to the left again...

Rant over.... Come on George!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Joburg Open) : Into 3rd come on Danny boy!!!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Bogey, bogey, bogey bogey finish put an end to that little dream lol

Still Aiken leading and Palmer in the places. If it stays like that I'll be a happy man but I just get the feeling Aiken will stumble after shooting so low yesterday. Anything could happen place-wise in the US.

Ps feel your pain on Coetzee Neil been on him twice in recent weeks and he's let me down. Seems to be his 3rd round where he just has a stinker
  • edited February 2014
    ffs just checked my account because wanted to double check how much I'd put on Aiken - I've completely forgot to the bet on at all! Dohhhhhh!!!!
  • edited February 2014
    I type this as Coatzee tees off on the 9th and he's got to 1 off the lead...... Just hit his 1st block to the left.... Hold it together big boy. Don't let those demons in!!
  • edited February 2014
    ffs just checked my account because wanted to double check how much I'd put on Aiken - I've completely forgot to the bet on at all! Dohhhhhh!!!!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Ouch been there, done that. Forgot the confirm button. Ul fella
  • edited February 2014
    Ul JD.

That's me done now for this event, going to enjoy the back 9, whoever wins :D

• edited February 2014
    2/5 in running... Paddy Power don't offer cash out...... I might have been tempted
  • edited February 2014
    Ok so I went back in for some more. I'm def finished now.

• edited February 2014
    Well at least that's something he's choking! Sorry if anyone's on him lol
  • edited February 2014
    1/50 now... Surely your day has arrived Saint George??
  • edited February 2014

Just got in and seen the Joburg leaderboard.

Surely not even George can stop George now?

• edited February 2014
    Walters 13/2 on 17th fairway... Needs birdie birdie for play off. Just had a small tiddly bet on him. If u knew what a Coatzee win would bring u would understand lol. Also not given up on my ew double with DJ yet. V small chance he can sneak into top 6 (p power bonus ew terms). 
  • edited February 2014
    Boom!!!! Wp mate sounds like it was a tasty return for u. Congrats!
  • edited February 2014
    Well Done Neil on what I imagine was a little more than just a nice win :)

and I reckon you have a slightly more than v small chance of DJ bringing home the ew double.
  • edited February 2014
    I agree with JD on the feeling there will be some surprise winners this week. Or at least surprise top 5's. In Joburg, I don't think anyone can argue that Charl is a lot better than the rest of the field, but he hasn't been firing on all cylinders this season. He already has a win and a couple of high finishes which just shows how good he is considering he isn't 100%. I'm backing Coetzee like I said, but agree he is a bit of a bottler, surely that can't last forever. However if those 2 do fail it really opens the door... I have already mentioned some of my picks, but I've added some more courtest of JD's form sheet... George Coetzee Dawie Van Der Valt David Drysdale Adilson Da Silva Tyrone Mordt Jake Roos Graham Van Der Merwe If none of those place (To be fair that's quite likely) It could be an expensive week! In the AT&T, I generally find these long running tournaments with a big history always seem to be won by veterans/experienced players/proven winners. So on that theory, I have gone for... Jason Day Freddie Jacobsen Jimmy Walker Aaron Baddeley Retief Goosen I have also added a lot of these in as doubles (Not my 1000/1 and 500/1 shots though) I've done the maths, and I'm in for £71, that's a mixture of singles, doubles and top 20's. So fingers crossed. Not sure why I've spread bet so much this week, I suppose that's what happens when you have too much spare time!
    Posted by FlashFlush

Come on!! Surely, this is Double #2 ...?