You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited February 2014

Northern Trust

Pat Perez 50/1 £2ew

Perez has been threatening to do something recently but not quite getting there. 2nd, 11th and 7th in last 3 starts. His record here isn't great with a best result of T13 in 5 attempts. Having said that he has recorded a 65 and a 66 round this course and a couple of 68's. Going by previous scores four 68's should put you in good shape to be right up there. With perez's improved consistency recently and his ability to go low here I think 50/1 is a great price.

Bill Haas 29/1 £2ew

Hard to not fancy someone who has finished 3rd, 1st and 12th here in his last three years. Isnt playing badly but certainly isnt in top form so potential that this one could fizzle out quick.

Justin Rose 26/1 £2 ew

Went for a 3rd pick this week because don't like euro tour this week. Rose is mr consistent here. Best round of 67 and worst round of 73 with an average of 70 for his twelve rounds. He was in really good form at end of last year with 6 top 10's in last 6 starts. 26/1 good value for 5th best player in the world?!

Euro

as said don't really fancy this event and field this week but went with:

Tjart Van Der Walt 40/1 £1ew - T5 and T2 in last two years. 

Michael Hoey 40/1 £1ew - No idea just want him to win and I foolishly believe he could win :)

No idea why post is appearing so spaced out lol

--------------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £54.98
    Wins: 2
    Places: 11
    Settled bets: 47

Bets in play: 6
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Northern Trust + Africa Open):
    No strong opinion in Africa this week. Done Garth Mulroy ew 50/1 with Skybet. Robert Rock ew 55/1 with SJ. Alan Versfield ew 200/1 Skybet.  In the US DJ again 14/1 and Ryan Moore 33/1. Don't feel picks are strong enough to do any doubles. Though I might end up just sticking Rock with the 2 US picks in small ew doubles. 
    Posted by joesman1
    I'm obv suffering from positive tilt. So I've had more than I planned on DJ ew, and put him in ew doubles with Rock and Mulroy.

Gl everyone
  • edited February 2014
    just realised my mate Romero has taken a bit of a liking for this tournie before so had a little bet on him as well at 160-1.
  • edited February 2014
    To keep me interested 2moro put on some frl bets

Ryan Moore
    Pat Perez
    Matt jones
    M hoey
    Matthew Baldwin
    Van dear Walt

28p ew doubles

D Johnston
    T Aiken

£1 ew singles and double

-----------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £43.58

Wins: 2
    Places: 10
    Settled bets: 28
    Bets in play: 10
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Joburg Open):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Joburg Open) : Don't u think the price on DeLeat now getting ridiculous given he's still a maiden?? 
    Posted by joesman1
    After harping on for the last 12 months or so that DeLaet has been overpriced, I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I now moaned that his price was now ridiculous.

Last 4 tournaments, read T7, T6, T2, T2.

Last season he headed or was right up there for a lot of the important stats, including ball striking, driving and GIR, his weakest stat and performance was probably putting, though that improved throughout the season.

This season he again heads the tour for ball striking, but is also now an impressive 5th for strokes gained putting.

I hear what you are saying with the maiden tag, but I don't think there's much of a case to say he's bottled many chances to win, for me it's more of a case of a player who continues to improve and is bringing a high level of consistency to his game.

Though I will say the bookies are now spoiling the fun, but believe 20/1 - 25/1 is about right for a players of DeLaets ability and current form.

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Joburg Open) : After harping on for the last 12 months or so that DeLaet has been overpriced, I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I now moaned that his price was now ridiculous. Last 4 tournaments, read T7, T6, T2, T2. Last season he headed or was right up there for a lot of the important stats, including ball striking, driving and GIR, his weakest stat and performance was probably putting, though that improved throughout the season. This season he again heads the tour for ball striking, but is also now an impressive 5th for strokes gained putting. I hear what you are saying with the maiden tag, but I don't think there's much of a case to say he's bottled many chances to win, for me it's more of a case of a player who continues to improve and is bringing a high level of consistency to his game. Though I will say the bookies are now spoiling the fun, but believe 20/1 - 25/1 is about right for a players of DeLaets ability and current form.
    Posted by TheDart
    He's probably the USA's mirror image of Coatzee...... So hang in there........
  • edited February 2014
    mulroy 64 first round well done neil
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Northern Trust + Africa Open):
    mulroy 64 first round well done neil
    Posted by vaigret

Yep thanks Terry. He was steady away. DJ 5 under after 10 holes too. Let's get that double up this week!!!!!!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Northern Trust + Africa Open) : Yep thanks Terry. He was steady away. DJ 5 under after 10 holes too. Let's get that double up this week!!!!!!
    Posted by joesman1
    sissssssssssssssssssssssss

red hot form you are on
  • edited February 2014
    I've got my bets in early.... AGAIN. Africa Open Jaco Van Zyl - 18/1 Ricardo Santos - 45/1 Adilson Da Silva - 50/1 Northern Trust Jordan Speith 20/1 (Should of been patient and waited, because Sky are offering 22/1) Ryan Moore - 33/1 Got them all in £1 e/w doubles... 
    Posted by FlashFlush
    2 shots clear, nice pick.

I must say you guys have been on fire this year!
  • edited February 2014
    I've got my bets in early.... AGAIN. Africa Open Jaco Van Zyl - 18/1 Ricardo Santos - 45/1 Adilson Da Silva - 50/1 Northern Trust Jordan Speith 20/1 (Should of been patient and waited, because Sky are offering 22/1) Ryan Moore - 33/1 Got them all in £1 e/w doubles... 
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Wd on a Santos Flash.... Let's hope we are in the final two ball come Sunday.
  • edited February 2014
    looks like neil has first and second after first day and great spot flash.

Added Badderly so that will stop him !!!
  • edited February 2014
    Cheers guys. Sorry I've been a bit distracted lately. In a good way if you get what I mean.. :)

Santos is some1 I have a bit of a soft spot for now, he is the longest priced winner I've had. 80/1 when he won in Portugal 2 years ago. Last year he really seemed to get into form early doors and was reguarly one of the favourites. Dropped back a bit since then, but I noticed him on the leaderboard last week and he has a good result or 2 here in the past, so thought I'd get on him again!!

I had a scary moment when I was looking at my bets, I thought I hadn't backed him at all. Turned out I did with Coral, and I actually had 50/1 not 45's .. :)
  • edited February 2014
    Johnson first round leader surely has to be w inner now just have to rely on Holmes not holing out from the bunker on the 17 or getting a birdie on the last! Bound to end in tears now I've said that! 

Looks like it could be quite an exciting weekend on the pga with a really close compact leader for round 1.

My outrights haven't went too well after day 1 and something tells me I'll be pinning all my hopes on pat perez come sunday evening!

ps Flash hope enjoy the "distraction" 

• edited February 2014
    Johnson gets the job done or JB Holmes didnt more importantly. Not a win on Neil's level but a £30 return nearly doubles my season profit lol

-----------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £73.08

Wins: 3
    Settled bets: 51
    Bets in play: 6
  • edited February 2014
    Cheers guys. Sorry I've been a bit distracted lately. In a good way if you get what I mean.. :) Santos is some1 I have a bit of a soft spot for now, he is the longest priced winner I've had. 80/1 when he won in Portugal 2 years ago. Last year he really seemed to get into form early doors and was reguarly one of the favourites. Dropped back a bit since then, but I noticed him on the leaderboard last week and he has a good result or 2 here in the past, so thought I'd get on him again!! I had a scary moment when I was looking at my bets, I thought I hadn't backed him at all. Turned out I did with Coral, and I actually had 50/1 not 45's .. :)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I would like to dispute this statement, as I believe you tipped and backed Scott Stallings at 100/1 in July 2012?
  • edited February 2014
    Well I wasn't able to watch or follow the golf for the first 2 days, so I don't know what happened to Matthew Baldwin, he obviously never got going.

With 10 picks in the Europoean fantary comp, Baldwin was my only selection not to make the cut, which is rather annoying since he was my main bet this week

and it looks like Graham DeLaet is saving his best form the world matchplay next week.

The other bets I placed but didn't have the chance to post (very limited internet connection) were:

Gregory Bourdy - 8/1
    Keegan Bradley - 30/1

ew singles and double

Emiliano Grillo - 25/1
    Thorbjorn Olesen - 60/1
    ew singles and double

So mixed results with those so far.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Northern Trust + Africa Open) : I would like to dispute this statement, as I believe you tipped and backed Scott Stallings at 100/1 in July 2012?
    Posted by TheDart
    Ah forgot about that! Cheers for the much needed morale boost! :-)
  • edited February 2014
    Got an interesting book in the Northern Trust, I'm about 88p green on the field, but a £280 green on Tringale, he's 4 shots off the lead. I could level the book so I'm £9.12 green on everyone. But I'll prob just let this run and hope Tringale can win. Worst case scenario i win 88p on anyone else.

Anyone have any thoughts? Should i take The £9.12 on everyone, or leave it as it is? Would take something special for Tringale to win, mind.
  • edited February 2014
    picked aiken a week to early 
  • edited February 2014
    picked aiken a week to early 
    Posted by vaigret
    Unlucky!

You've got to be thick skinned and broad shouldered to stick at it with this golf betting lark.
  • edited February 2014
    Emiliano Grillo ???

I couldn't watch any of the coverage today.

He started the day with a 2 shot lead, I managed to get online to check the leaderboard early on and at that stage it showed Grillo to be +5 after one hole, which appeared to be one of those silly mistakes they make where they enter the wrong score on the leaderboard updates, so I half convinced myself he had probably scored a bogey 5 on the first hole not a quinterbloody 9!

However it would appear he did indeed score a 9 on the first, this was after dropping only one shot over the first 54 holes.

A double bogey on the first today and he'd have won the event, a triple bogey and he'd have made a play off, funny old game this golf betting.
  • edited February 2014
    Emiliano Grillo ??? I couldn't watch any of the coverage today. He started the day with a 2 shot lead, I managed to get online to check the leaderboard early on and at that stage it showed Grillo to be +5 after one hole, which appeared to be one of those silly mistakes they make where they enter the wrong score on the leaderboard updates, so I half convinced myself he had probably scored a bogey 5 on the first hole not a quinterbloody 9! However it would appear he did indeed score a 9 on the first, this was after dropping only one shot over the first 54 holes. A double bogey on the first today and he'd have won the event, a triple bogey and he'd have made a play off, funny old game this golf betting.
    Posted by TheDart
    Lol and he's comeback robbed me of a few pence as he got back into the joint top 5. At least this golf betting lark gives you an interest for four days and a few heartaches LOL
  • edited February 2014
    Won't be any sheets this week as I'm away until Wednesday but I I'll post my bets up as usual prob tomorrow 
  • edited February 2014
    No research at all but sitting in hotel bar after a few pints I've went with:

Zach Johnson 33/1
    GMAC 33/1
    Sergio Garcia 26/1
    Jimmy walker 40/1

All £1 ew apart from Zach Johnson £2 ew (might put more on him when do some research)

Can't believe I've backed Garcia, every time I've backed him in the past and he chokes I always vow to never back him again!

I blame the Stella lol

GL all 
  • edited February 2014
    Going to give this week a miss. but FWIW, I'd of backed Dustin for the win, haven't looked enough for e/w contenders, but Poulter/Dustin final would be my bet.
  • edited February 2014
    No research at all but sitting in hotel bar after a few pints I've went with: Zach Johnson 33/1 GMAC 33/1 Sergio Garcia 26/1 Jimmy walker 40/1 All £1 ew apart from Zach Johnson £2 ew (might put more on him when do some research) Can't believe I've backed Garcia, every time I've backed him in the past and he chokes I always vow to never back him again! I blame the Stella lol GL all 
    Posted by jdsallstar
    £5 freebet has went on Zach Johnson as well ew at 33/1.

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £63.08

Wins: 3
    Settled bets: 57
    Bets in play: 4
  • edited February 2014
    Anything can happen in matchplay, so I'm going for an Underdog rd 1 4-fold. All of my picks are > than evens.

Fowler to beat Poulter
    Oleson to beat Day
    Grace to beat Walker
    Larrazabal to beat Speith

£5 pays ~ £180
  • edited February 2014
    No chance for any research this week, but luckily I don't need any for this event ;)

Graham DeLaet - 50/1, his game and temperament is made for this format as he showed in the Presidents Cup.

Charl Schwartzel - 33/1, I remember I did spend some time analsying this tournament one year, and convinced myself Schwartzel would be the man, if I remember correctly he went out on the 19th or 20th hole in the first or second round. I'm hoping the old research will pay off this time, particularly as he finished 5th last week.

Peter Hanson - 100/1, he had a couple of decent finishes on the Desert Swing and then declared he was playing terribly!
    He's since took a few weeks off, so I'm going on the hunch that he will have sorted his problems out and with some decent form here, if he get's through the first round v Dustin Johnson, he will suddenly look very good value.

Pablo Larrazabal - 200/1, obviously a recent winner and I imagine he is the type of player that will not fear anyone in matchplay, speculative but generously priced at 200/1