You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Happy with my standings in South Africa but not looking so good at the Honda.

So I've added ew first 4....

Rory Sabbatinii - 40/1
    Luke Guthrie - 50/1
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Honda Classic + Tschwane Open):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Honda Classic + Tschwane Open) : Haha it was a punt last year and it's a punt this year - as i said it's more a case of blind loyalty on my part lol he'll prob end up about 6 over today. Was surprised by horschel not doing well he may have been affected, as you say, playing with Scott and Mcilroy. Wouldnt put him past getting a good score today though because he looks to be swinging ok just didnt click for him yesterday.
    Posted by jdsallstar
    maybe not lol +2 thru 6. Mcilroy +2 helps my Zach and fowler bets tho!
  • edited February 2014
    Unbelievable Jeff!

Matsuyama has now withdrawn!

Over the 2 events, that's 3 of my 8 selections this week that have withdrawn through injury and Billy Horshcel has played like he's dislocated his hip!

I honestly can't remember that last time I backed a golfer that became a non runner / withdrawal and now that's three in one week!

I'm being severely tested, only a low round from Padraig Harrington can improve my mood.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Honda Classic + Tschwane Open):
    Just the one pick from both events initially. Hennie Otto ew 33/1. And Justin Rose (became Garcia 22/1) ew 25/1. And both in an ew double.
    Posted by joesman1

Grrrrrrr another cross-bar hit re the ew double. Would have been a nice near 55/1 shot for the place part of it.
  • edited March 2014
    mine are Fischart and van zyl Tshwane and Fowler and Bradley Honda and ew doubles of course
    Posted by vaigret
    Both Fischard and Bradley flattered to deceive , in top places one round to go and then downhill from there
  • edited March 2014
    Rory still has serious issues when it comes to closing out tournaments. That's now 3 tournaments already this year he has traded long odds on, only to blow the lot. 

Next time I fancy him, and he has an early tee time, rather than the win, it makes more sense to back him in the 1st round leader market. 
  • edited March 2014
    Placed my last bet on Saturday night during the third round at Honda, Tiger Woods ew 66/1.

Tuned in Sunday to see he had become my 4th player of the week to withdraw!

My confidence is completely shot.

It's so low, I might not even back Graham DeLaet this week!
  • edited March 2014
    Sticking to two recent picks this week. Both in form, and I'd be gutted to watch either win with non of Strike's not so hard earned on them lol. 

Garcia 20/1 (I blinked and missed P Powers very brief 22's). And DJ whilst there's a bit of 18/1 with Bet365. Both ew. I might back Rory at 12/1 win only to be leading after round 1, if he gets an early tee time.
  • edited March 2014
    On a bit of a poor run so hoping something happens for me this week. My picks:

Outright

GMAC 33/1 - decent record here and decent form if not spectatcular. (£5 free bet)

Mickelson 28/1 - Not in great form but not often you get to back mickelson at slightly higher prices. One of my favs too.

Fowler 50/1 - After seeing some of my previous bets coming in an event or two after i've back them I've decided to stick with fowler for an event or two.

FRL

Bradley 33/1 - Decent form, seems to do well in frl markets and decent record here. Was between him and mickelson for my outright market.

Kuchar  33/1 - kuch has a good record here with 3 top 10's in last 5 years here. I was surprised when i checked his current form tho - last 8 starts - T9, MC, T8, T6, T3, T4, T2, T7. Maybe should have had him in the outright?!

Bjorn 80/1 - played well last week.

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £35.08
    Wins: 3
    Places: 10
    Settled bets: 69
    Bets in play: 6
  • edited March 2014

The fact that the course has had a major overhaul, throws up the question of how much can we rely on past experience and results here?

It sounds like the course is set up more strategically this year, with players given risk / reward options from the tee on many holes and players will be required to hit a range of different shots, left to right and right to left.

Completely new greens as well, so it's a level playing field with the flat stick.

I read Thursday could be blustery, so tee times and ability to play in the wind may also come into the mix.

First challenge for me is to find players that will finish the tournament and next I'll be delighted if just one of my picks makes top 5 this week.

Ernie Els - 75/1, He's won this event twice before, which may or not be relevant, regardless of the changes Els will certainly feel at home at Doral and obviously performed very well at the Matchplay two weeks ago. He clearly has all the experience and shots in his locker, so will be able to adapt to whatever lies ahead. After taking a weeks rest, he should be in the perfect frame of mind to give it his best shot this week.

Harris English - 40/1, First time here, I like his game and I think he's one of the best putters on tour at the moment.

Graham DeLaet - 50/1, I think he's very good and with his length and all round ball striking skills, feel he has the assets that could be worth a shot or two extra against many in the field this week.

Thomas Bjorn - 1501/, having a bit of an Indian Summer to his career at the moment, his ball striking ability could be ideally suited to conditions this week, not sure I'd have backed him at 50/1, but at 150/1 I like the deal the bookies offered.

I notice JD's gone fro Bjorn in the FRL, I shall probably do the same.

I'm currently sitting on the fence with Nick Watney, his past course form was very good, if I come across any interviews from players who say the course is playing very similar despite the changes or in fact if I read that Watney himself likes the changes, I'll probably add him to my portfolio at 66/1.

Good Luck everyone!

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Puerto Rico + WGC Cadillac):
    Sticking to two recent picks this week. Both in form, and I'd be gutted to watch either win with non of Strike's not so hard earned on them lol.  Garcia 20/1 (I blinked and missed P Powers very brief 22's). And DJ whilst there's a bit of 18/1 with Bet365. Both ew. I might back Rory at 12/1 win only to be leading after round 1, if he gets an early tee time.
    Posted by joesman1
    I see Mr Palmer in tomoz Racing Post has cut and pasted my selections into his 1st and 2nd picks lol.... Come on The Racing Post do your punters proud!!!!
  • edited March 2014
    Well the title of the thread does say Puerto Rico + WGH Cadillac, so I'm blaming Splashies for making me add a few more bets:

Peurto Rico

Matt Jones -22/1, normally tactics for me here would be take the bloke you back regularly at big odds and leave him alone when the bookies think he's got a better chance than usual of winning. Top 15's in this event the last 2 years.

I've done an Aussie double with Adam Scott at 14/1, I haven't backed him for years as for me he was one of those players where it felt like he missed the cut every time I backed him. There's no cut this week so shouldn't have to worry about that. I wouldn't normally go near a player at 14/1, but in all honesty a 14/1 winner wouldn't really be that bad :)

Sean O'Hair - 110/1, I always planned to keep an eye on him this season as he's a 4 time winner, who completely lost his way last season. He bounced back by regaining his tour card in the web.com playoffs.

'm hoping his game and form is on the upward swing now and if he gets back to the level he was at pre slump, he can certainly beat this field.

Doubled him with Billy Horschel - 110/1, after finding so much to like about it him pre event last week, I've decided to give him another chance.
  • edited March 2014
    Well the title of the thread does say Puerto Rico + WGH Cadillac, so I'm blaming Splashies for making me add a few more bets: Peurto Rico Matt Jones -22/1, normally tactics for me here would be take the bloke you back regularly at big odds and leave him alone when the bookies think he's got a better chance than usual of winning. Top 15's in this event the last 2 years. I've done an Aussie double with Adam Scott at 14/1, I haven't backed him for years as for me he was one of those players where it felt like he missed the cut every time I backed him. There's no cut this week so shouldn't have to worry about that. I wouldn't normally go near a player at 14/1, but in all honesty a 14/1 winner wouldn't really be that bad :) Sean O'Hair - 110/1, I always planned to keep an eye on him this season as he's a 4 time winner, who completely lost his way last season. He bounced back by regaining his tour card in the web.com playoffs. 'm hoping his game and form is on the upward swing now and if he gets back to the level he was at pre slump, he can certainly beat this field. Doubled him with Billy Horschel - 110/1, after finding so much to like about it him pre event last week, I've decided to give him another chance.
    Posted by TheDart
    Does this mean if you win, I get a cut?

--------------------------------------------------

I didnt do any trading last week. Might get involved at the weekend. Gl to those who have bets.

p.s How's the love life Flash?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Puerto Rico + WGC Cadillac) : Does this mean if you win, I get a cut? -------------------------------------------------- I didnt do any trading last week. Might get involved at the weekend. Gl to those who have bets. p.s How's the love life Flash?
    Posted by splashies
    With Jones currently tied 69th and O'Hair tied 84th, I'm more worried about them making the cut than what cut I should give you!

Yes, Flash How's the love life, I noticed you cashed in the main and min last night, but your exit from the mini suggests you may well be lucky in love at the moment ;)
  • edited March 2014
    I'm currently sitting on the fence with Nick Watney , his past course form was very good, if I come across any interviews from players who say the course is playing very similar despite the changes or in fact if I read that Watney himself likes the changes, I'll probably add him to my portfolio at 66/1. Good Luck everyone!
    Posted by TheDart
    I've just jumped off the Nick Watney fence after just  seeing on Shot tracker "Putt 1 in cup for birdie" on hole 12, moves him to -2, furthermore I've got 80/1 which was better than his starting odds, which I find it a bit strange, but didn't hesitate to his the "confirm bet" button.

After watching the golf last night and enjoying seeing so many players struggle, even if a couple of them had my money on them, I came to the conclusion that a player with patience and someone who excels at 'plotting their way' around the course is going to have a better chance than most.

I know JD highlighted just how well Zach Johnson has been performing over the last few months, so I decided I could put some 'smart' money on Zach Jonson at 20/1.
  • edited March 2014
    I was watching it last night begging DJ to reel in the aggression when he got to 4 under and 3 clear. He could have played conservatively and put his driver away and tried to ensure he stayed on that score. But nope, he continued to try and bully the course. Oh well, if u gave me joint leader after the 2nd round on Thursday morning I'd have said 'thanks'. Just use your brain man, sometimes it's not 'how far', it's 'what's best'. 
  • edited March 2014
    I see Tiger has started with military precision off the 1st 3 tees... Right..... Left..... Left again.... Water...... Left..... Sand
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Puerto Rico + WGC Cadillac) : Does this mean if you win, I get a cut? -------------------------------------------------- I didnt do any trading last week. Might get involved at the weekend. Gl to those who have bets. p.s How's the love life Flash?
    Posted by splashies
    Just seen this! Haha... Umm it's not!

My advice to you all is don't get involved with smoking hot blonde Slovakian models! They are an absolute head ****.

Going to give the golf another go this week. I never tend to do well in the majors/WGC's, so that was another reason to avoid last week.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Puerto Rico + WGC Cadillac) : Just seen this! Haha... Umm it's not! My advice to you all is don't get involved with smoking hot blonde Slovakian models! They are an absolute head ****. Going to give the golf another go this week. I never tend to do well in the majors/WGC's, so that was another reason to avoid last week.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Pictures... or it didn't happen 
  • edited March 2014
    haha! Well I don't have photos as such. If you add me on facebook you can do a bit of facebook stalking though lol
  • edited March 2014
    Gone in early this week as only one company offering 40/1 on Michael Hoey. Past winner here who showed good form last time out. Also backing another regular here, David Horsey ew 20/1. And Coatzee win only 16/1. 

Edit:- the 40's went as soon as I'd backed Hoey with Stan James.... Honestly didn't have that much on him lol....
  • edited March 2014
    Trophee Hassan

Mikko Ilonen - 18/1
    David Horsey - 18/1 (Come on it's Cheltenham week, surely he has to win)
    Eduardo Molinari - 40/1

Valspar Championship

Luke Donald - 18/1
    K.J Choi - 50/1
  • edited March 2014
    My early season form has disintegrated with the last few weeks being pretty poor with only a Matt Kuchar FRL dead heat place bet for about £6 coming in lol so could do with a winner!

........or a smoking hot slovakian model :) 

Trophee Hassan

Outright
    Mikko Ilonen   16/1   £2.5ew (£5 free bet)
    Chris Wood      33/1   £1 ew

FRL
    Robert Rock     60/1   £1ew
    Richie Ramsay 66/1   £1ew

Valspar

Bill Haas          28/1   £1ew
    Webb Simpson 28/1   £1ew

FRL
    Charley Hoffman  50/1 £1ew
    Scott Stallings    60/1 £1ew
    Jerry Kelly          100/1 £1ew

-----------------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £31.08
    Places: 11
    Settled bets: 68
    Bets in play: 9
  • edited March 2014
    ok, in light of a loss of form and confidence and in order to protect the innocent (any poor sod who might have been tempted to follow me) I deliberately held back from posting my picks until both events had teed off.

First ew singles and double:

No need to mention names, both backed at 40/1.

Next ew singles and double:

Looking for a BaldWIN 35/1 in Morocco and a win from a Baldman 33/1 at the Valspar.

Next ew singles and double:

Molinari 35/1 and Knox 55/1.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

• edited March 2014
    I'm on Donald and Rose both ew in the USA. X doubled with my 3 euro picks. 
  • edited March 2014
    Is it wrong to have a massive crush on Charley Hull when she is only 17? Won her first pro event at the weekend. First of many! #WhatAGirl
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Valspar + Trophee Hassan II):
    Is it wrong to have a massive crush on Charley Hull when she is only 17? Won her first pro event at the weekend. First of many! #WhatAGirl
    Posted by FlashFlush
    U have gone too long without it mate lol.... I don't think she's all that fit. Plenty of puppy fat.

As for the golf... Many on the missing list recently, where's everyone gone?

Luckily I was on Donald with P Power again last week, so I got the full ew return, (paid top 6), still a loss on the week though. 

As for this week, it's Graeme McDowell 25/1, Ryan Moore 50/1, Billy Horschel 100/1 all ew. 

Edit:- I'm pleased I got my bets on before Eldrick's withdrawal..... And though I'm not surprised my man in The Post has tipped up MacDowell.... He's even tipped Horschel too..... Come on in Billy Boy!!! 

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Valspar + Trophee Hassan II):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Valspar + Trophee Hassan II) : U have gone too long without it mate lol.... I don't think she's all that fit. Plenty of puppy fat. As for the golf... Many on the missing list recently, where's everyone gone? Luckily I was on Donald with P Power again last week, so I got the full ew return, (paid top 6), still a loss on the week though.  As for this week, it's Graeme McDowell 25/1, Ryan Moore 50/1, Billy Horschel 100/1 all ew. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Agree to the first bit. Disagree with the 2nd bit. Not saying she is stunning, but anyone who looks as good as she does without makeup will be super hot when she actually makes an effort! Anyway, you're old enough to be her Dad! Ha ha

All my eggs in one basket this week.

Justin Rose - 14/1 £10 win only
  • edited March 2014
    flat out this week in work so no research and no sheets. Just stuck with two I've backed recently.

Zach Johnson 20/1 £2.5ew

Greame Mcdowell 22/1 £1ew

FRL
    Pat Perez 60/1 £1 ew

GL all

-----------------

Season Profit/Loss

Profit £27.08
    Places: 11
    Settled bets: 77
    Bets in play: 3