You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Scottish Open + John Deere Classic) Year Profit: +629.96pts:
    Lol if he wins now they'll be talking about it for years. Strange that both jimmy and the umpire missed the edge. Bring on Lords! You reckon they'll stick with Finn as its his home ground?
    Posted by splashies
    No chance!!..... Cook showed what he thought of his bowling in this match by his lack of involvement today. 
  • edited July 2013

Not sure I agree with it personally, but I'm pretty sure England will be unchanged @ Lords. 

The Compton 'dropping' aside England are big in to 'consistency of selection', I can't see them dropping Finn after 1 indifferent game. 

Wicket at TB couldn't have been worse for Finn, should be abit more in it at Lords although expecting it to be very flat and dry again. 

I'd go with Onions personally. The best bowler ever @ Lords was Glenn Mcgrath, using the slope to get abit of movement & being deadly accurate.

Onions is the closest we have to that, he can also bowl long 10+ over spells which we might need. 

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE, THIS IS GOLF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Scottish Open + John Deere Classic) Year Profit: +629.96pts:
    Not sure I agree with it personally, but I'm pretty sure England will be unchanged @ Lords.  The Compton 'dropping' aside England are big in to 'consistency of selection', I can't see them dropping Finn after 1 indifferent game.  Wicket at TB couldn't have been worse for Finn, should be abit more in it at Lords although expecting it to be very flat and dry again.  I'd go with Onions personally. The best bowler ever @ Lords was Glenn Mcgrath, using the slope to get abit of movement & being deadly accurate. Onions is the closest we have to that, he can also bowl long 10+ over spells which we might need.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE, THIS IS GOLF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Ok ok... Back to golf.. Although I missed out on a 7/1 winner today, really happy with how Grace played. All the 80/1 has suddenly disappeared. 
  • edited July 2013
    Was impressed with Grace today and found 79/1 so had to go with it and felt i had to keep faith with Mickleson as i,d love to see him win it - best player to watch imo and havent backed Rory for a while

Thats all my bets now for the Open - £22 on 6 players - maybe £3 in running

(F molinari is now best priced 79/1) - GL everyone
    The Open Championship 2013 - Winner

Placed (matched)Order by Matched Date

Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    Francesco Molinari140£0.26£36.14

Francesco Molinari130£2.50£322.50

Ian Poulter60£0.06£3.54

Ian Poulter60£2.88£169.92

Ian Poulter60£2.06£121.54

Phil Mickelson22£4.00£84.00

Rory McIlroy29£5.00£140.00

Henrik Stenson50£5.00£245.00

Branden Grace80£3.00£237.00
  • edited July 2013
    Well done Phil backers.

I've had a long think about my tactics for the Open. My intial plan was to back Day, Sterne and Bjorn. But then I thought about Woods. He is going to win 1 of these majors very soon, afterall he wins about 1 in 4 tournaments throughout his career and it's been far too long since his last major.

I'd be gutted if he won and I wasn't on. My budget is £50 for the week and I'm blowing the lot on him.

Tiger Woods £50 Win @ 10/1.

Just hope 1 of those 3 I mentioned doesnt win now.

• edited July 2013
    Looool

Sky Bet ‏SkyBet16m

Congratulations to the lucky customer who had a Mickelson 7/2, Perry 28/1 & Spieth 50/1 treble yesterday at 6655/1 and took us for £40,000!

• edited July 2013
    Finished my picks:-

Grace ew 80/1     Westwood ew 30/1     Poulter ew 55/1     Manassero ew 66/1    

Grace would be best result as had more on him. 

Gl all.....
  • edited July 2013
    well last week threatened to be good a couple of times but in the end just fell short of breaking even with de jonge finishing top 5 in first round leader market and laird finishing top 5 in inverness.

on to the open had a few bets so far.

Mickelson at 28/1 took him before the Scottish open so got decent odds but i'm a little disappointed he won (two wins in a row not that common) but still in good form and must be in with a good shout. £5ew

Bjorn at 50/1. Took him before the open de france but see he pulled out of the Scottish open with a neck injury which I think has plagued him over the last years. hoping he pulled out as a precaution but not a good sign regardless. £5 ew

Haas at 100/1. liked the odds for a decent players. £1 ew

Maybin at 500/1. Played well in Scotland and home loyalty. Odds helped too lol 50p ew

probably do one more either McDowell or els and leaning towards McDowell after his good performance in france.

1st round leader bets:

thinking about - Els 33/1, Poulter 50/1, Sterne 80/1, laird 80/1, maybin 175/1. leaning towards poulter, laird and maybin

• edited July 2013
    Open Championship

Adam Scott 22/1
    Brandt Snedekar 35/1

SandersonFarm

Martin Flores 28/1
    Jerry Kelly 28/1
    Daniel Summerhayes 28/1
    William McGirt 66/1
  • edited July 2013
    My Final tip

Thomas Bjorn Top 20 @ 5/2
  • edited July 2013
    THOOOOMMMAAAASSS

AIIIIIIIIKKKKKEEEENNN!!

SO EXCITED I FELT LIKE SHOUTING ABOUT IT SO THERE YOU GO 
  • edited July 2013
    After a couple of weeks of no golf, I'm back and struggling with the old self control when I look at the betting markets this week :)

Splashies, can't believe you are only making one pick, even if it is Tiger, you are a stronger man than me, if you don't weaken and stick a few 'savers' on.

When I saw Brendan Grace was going well last week, I just knew he was going to be a popular pick on here and have had a small saver on Brendan Grace at 66/1 myself.

Antepost bets aside, my main picks this week (so far) are:

Still Martin Kaymer - 50/1 - 66/1,like Flash and Oosthuizen, Kaymer has been my man for The Open this year and I remain quietly confident of his chances.

Matt Kuchar - 50/1, after the wins for Scott and Rose I wanted to go with another player who is knocking on the door for his first Major win and at 50/1, Kooooch is great ew value.

Rory Mcllroy - 28/1 -Little to no wind forecast, little to no demand for the driver and I think we have the best possible conditions for Rory Mcllroy to win The Open. Despite his 'struggles' this year, Rory has still put together some decent performances and if there is even a small improvement in his recent form this week, Rory will be challenging for the Claret Jug.

The Outsiders

Danny Willett - 250/1 - great links pedigree as an amateur and if fully fit this week, could make his first deep run in a major.

Brett Rumford - 300/1 -with the conditions this week, hard baked fairways and greens I'm thinking the conditions must be like playing at home for the Aussies.

Consider Rumford has won twice this year, has one of the best short games in the world, finished 16th at Hoylake (the last time The Open was played in similar conditions to this week), 300/1 ew and 20/1ew for top Aussie seems too big to me.

Chris Wood - 150/1 - An obvious choice based on his record in The Open and his first win this year.

Gareth Maybin  - 500/1 - Playing well at the moment and backing an Irishman in The Open, can never be a bad thing.

Graham DeLaet - 200/1 -My 'plan' with DeLaet was to be on him when he came from nowhere to get that first win at big odds, he's given me some decent returns, but with him starting at 25/1 last time out it looked like the chance for the 3 figure odds win had gone.

Now playing in his first major and with little to no links experience, the bookies have  dropped their guard on DeLaet once more.

So for one week only plan A - Graham DeLaet to win at 3 figure odds is back on!

Good Luck all!!!
  • edited July 2013
    My picks

Manessero  - main man.  Matter of time till he wins a few of these.      66-1
    Grace  - big price for in-form player                                                  66-1
    Oosthuizen -  Solid. Knows how to win.                                               50-1
    F.molinari  - Straight hitter - no wind due.  Hope he makes some putts.   80-1
    Luke Donald - Matter of time till he wins a couple ! Pretty big price imo         28-1
    Kyle Stanley  - ' Why not eh'                                                             250-1

Would be very very surprised if someone over 100-1 won.
    Day and Scott will no dout contend but hopefully Scott is scarred from last year,  Woods always dangerous, would like to see him win if my bets all fail.    Big Phil -  Don't think he can win back to back weeks.   Garcia -  will probably go well if Tiger does !   #Rivalry
    Don't fancy Westwood, Poulter, Rose or Mcilroy. 

Game on.  Can't wait till Thurs morning.

GL ALL
  • edited July 2013
    Els 28/1
    Fowler 50/1
    Mahan 70/1
    Watson 100/1
    Cabrera 125/1
    k J Choi 175/1
    T Clark 200/1

All E/W first 7
  • edited July 2013
    Going with Phil Mickleson as the main bet, have started to like watching him play now.

Most on this thread will probably have seen this before. Incredible, especially the 2nd video where he explains how he does it. 

Golf trickshots!

P.Mick £3 win @ 18/1

Marcel Siem £1 ew @ 140/1

• edited July 2013
    Open

1st round leader:

Adam Scott 25/1
    Brandt Snedeker 45/1
  • edited July 2013
    seriously gareth maybin outright at 300/1 (500/1 before Scotland) and first round leader at 175/1 is way over priced. 23/1 for a top 10! T8 in france which we all know is not an easy track and then T5 up in Scotland. he's been in the local press here thanking his coach, trainer and psychologist for rebuilding his swing (and mind lol) - he sounds very confident!! definitely worth a quid!!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Open Championship) Year Profit: +609.96pts:
    Finished my picks:- Grace ew 80/1     Westwood ew 30/1     Poulter ew 55/1     Manassero ew 66/1     Grace would be best result as had more on him.  Gl all.....
    Posted by joesman1
    Lastly 2 1st round leader bets both with Stan James, as they are a stand out 70/1 with Grace, and paying 1st six, other one's gonna be Chris Wood 100/1.... One of the early starters always gets a flyer, and he fits the bill.
  • edited July 2013
    There's a certain Irish bookie giving treble the odds to new phone customers- tempted to throw 10 quid on phil at 56/1
  • edited July 2013
    After missing rose-Us open allways back him and Phil Mickelson -Scottish always backed him for that tournie I am going with old favs

Fowler
    Oleson
    Bjorn
    Villegas
    Wood

now you watch Henrik Stenson win.

Get on now
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Open Championship) Year Profit: +609.96pts:
    After a couple of weeks of no golf, I'm back and struggling with the old self control when I look at the betting markets this week :)Splashies, can't believe you are only making one pick, even if it is Tiger, you are a stronger man than me, if you don't weaken and stick a few 'savers' on. When I saw Brendan Grace was going well last week, I just knew he was going to be a popular pick on here and have had a small saver on Brendan Grace at 66/1 myself. Antepost bets aside, my main picks this week (so far) are: Still Martin Kaymer - 50/1 - 66/1, like Flash and Oosthuizen, Kaymer has been my man for The Open this year and I remain quietly confident of his chances. Matt Kuchar - 50/1, after the wins for Scott and Rose I wanted to go with another player who is knocking on the door for his first Major win and at 50/1, Kooooch is great ew value. Rory Mcllroy - 28/1 - Little to no wind forecast, little to no demand for the driver and I think we have the best possible conditions for Rory Mcllroy to win The Open. Despite his 'struggles' this year, Rory has still put together some decent performances and if there is even a small improvement in his recent form this week, Rory will be challenging for the Claret Jug. The Outsiders Danny Willett - 250/1 - great links pedigree as an amateur and if fully fit this week, could make his first deep run in a major. Brett Rumford - 300/1 - with the conditions this week, hard baked fairways and greens I'm thinking the conditions must be like playing at home for the Aussies. Consider Rumford has won twice this year, has one of the best short games in the world, finished 16th at Hoylake (the last time The Open was played in similar conditions to this week), 300/1 ew and 20/1ew for top Aussie seems too big to me. Chris Wood - 150/1 - An obvious choice based on his record in The Open and his first win this year. Gareth Maybin  - 500/1 - Playing well at the moment and backing an Irishman in The Open, can never be a bad thing. Graham DeLaet - 200/1 - My 'plan' with DeLaet was to be on him when he came from nowhere to get that first win at big odds, he's given me some decent returns, but with him starting at 25/1 last time out it looked like the chance for the 3 figure odds win had gone. Now playing in his first major and with little to no links experience, the bookies have  dropped their guard on DeLaet once more. So for one week only plan A - Graham DeLaet to win at 3 figure odds is back on! Good Luck all!!!
    Posted by TheDart

If it comes in i return £550 so that'll keep me interested. Plus I'll get to see pretty every shot of his, so will be a good sweat. I'm cheering on Bjorn top 20 as my other bet too.

Good to have you back, I really like Rumford out of your longshots.

• edited July 2013
    After a couple of weeks of no golf, I'm back and struggling with the old self control when I look at the betting markets this week :) 

Know what you mean
    this is my last 2 bets making it 8 players all for the win (Still reckon Stenson is my best shot tho)

The Open Championship 2013
    Matt KucharWinner50£2.00£98.00
    Ref: 28286035977M Matched: 18:05 17-Jul-13
    Ernie ElsWinner32£3.00£93.00
    Ref: 28286035978M Matched: 18:05 17-Jul-13
    EDIT - Very last bet 

SelectionsOdds
    1st Round 3 Balls
    Chris Wood -Wood2.1
    Ian Poulter -Poulter2.4
    Martin Laird -Clarke2.2
    MultiplesStake per betProfit
    Trebles (1)£5.00£50.45
    and one more for 1st round leader. he,s got an early start and should go well

The Open Championship 2013 - 1st Round Leader

Placed (matched)Order by Matched Date

Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    David Lynn180£2.00£358.00

• edited July 2013
    A couple of each ways - (top 7)

Els 28/1 and Day 35/1 

with Rose (20/1), Woods (10/1) or Mickelson (18/1) to win
  • edited July 2013
    Also gone for chris wood 1st round leader 100/1 and colsaerts 66/1 and sentimental bet on Tom Watson 250/1

Manassero outright 70/1 and Aiken 200/1 7 places

Mite hav a nibble on laird and bill haas tomorrow 
  • edited July 2013
    It feels like Christmas morning!!! :)

It's only once a year, so I've backed a 'list' in the first round market:

Rory Mcllroy - 33/1
    GMac - 40/1
    Martin Kaymer - 66/1
    Nicolas Colsaerts - 66/1
    Mikko Illonen - 100/1
    Chris Wood - 110/1
    Graham DeLaet - 150/1
    Danny Willett -150/1
    Brett Rumford - 200/1

• edited July 2013
    Ok spur of the moment bet on Rory, I just couldn't resist. On the face of it not a great pick, but who cares.

So we have....

£50 Win Tiger Woods @ 10/1

£20 Win Rory McIlroy @ 28/1.

• edited July 2013
    gg Rory.

Show him how it's done Tiger plz.
  • edited July 2013
    gg Rory. Show him how it's done Tiger plz.
    Posted by splashies
    Nick Faldo matched Rory's score, think that say's it all really.

With Rory gone and from the way the course is playing, I've added a guy who has some of his best results on hard firm courses.

Sergio Garcia 30/1 ew
  • edited July 2013
    Also gone for chris wood 1st round leader 100/1 and colsaerts 66/1 and sentimental bet on Tom Watson 250/1 Manassero outright 70/1 and Aiken 200/1 7 places Mite hav a nibble on laird and bill haas tomorrow 
    Posted by BELL_POKER

I did the same bet after listening to Tikay on 861 the other night - sigh -Had an early start as well

Just hope it evens itself out tommmorow as Stenson and Molinari have played the course nearly 2 shots harder than the early starters and still both under par

Think my bet on Rory went after he gave up half way through 
  • edited July 2013

Watched the end of P.Miks round today, seemed to leave a couple of shots behind on the 17th and 18th with par/bogey :(

How good is -2?  He has to play when it's harder tomorrow?

Marcel Siems to have let me down again, giving up on that wally.