You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Nice picks JD and I like your strategy, I guess one top 5 from any of those bets and you'll be showing a decent profit from the week.

The more I think about it the more I like Ryan Palmers chances, I see he's got a morning tee time and has form for first round scoring, so with all this talk of first round leader bets, I might back him for first round leader.

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Irish Open + AT&T) Year Profit: +669.56pts:
    Nice picks JD and I like your strategy, I guess one top 5 from any of those bets and you'll be showing a decent profit from the week. The more I think about it the more I like Ryan Palmers chances, I see he's got a morning tee time and has form for first round scoring, so with all this talk of first round leader bets, I might back him for first round leader.  
    Posted by TheDart
    I don't know anymore lol I put them on last night after a VERY long day and when I looked at them in the cold light of day this morning I felt a lot less confident haha never know though 
  • edited June 2013
    mcilroy and gmac may not win but i doubt u can put that down to media attention theyre multiple ryder cup winners and us open champions and most importantly professional sportsmen, i thnk theyre used to doing a few interviews by now tbh 
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Irish Open + AT&T) Year Profit: +669.56pts:
    mcilroy and gmac may not win but i doubt u can put that down to media attention theyre multiple ryder cup winners and us open champions and most importantly professional sportsmen, i thnk theyre used to doing a few interviews by now tbh 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    As an Ulsterman myself from Holywood of all places I'm certainly not doubting their professionalism or ability to deal with the media I'm just saying they are the focal point for the majority of the media at the event and every fan will be chasing them before, during and after their rounds and that can only be a drawback in my eyes. 

I've also got a feeling mcilroy wouldn't concern himself too much if he didn't play well in this one. gmac on the other hand I think would love to win it - just my opinion anyway.

odds are too short on them for me regardless.
  • edited June 2013
    form and odds make them unbackable for me also but Rory in particular is the focal point of all the media attention after Mr Woods in every single event and wont be anything like what he would of got in lead up to congressional etc and also fans arent media - theyve already both said how theyre looking forward to all the support from the fans and that theyll enjoy it because of the huge support they will have so theyve answered that one themselves - ill not be backing either of them this weekend but if and when they fail to land it the mass hype from either media nor fans will have little bearing on any failures  

G mac has openly come out and said its on his bucket list so your right on that front. 

can see G Mac being close to top 10 berth and nice prep for mid July  
  • edited June 2013
    form and odds make them unbackable for me also but Rory in particular is the focal point of all the media attention after Mr Woods in every single event and wont be anything like what he would of got in lead up to congressional etc and also fans arent media - theyve already both said how theyre looking forward to all the support from the fans and that theyll enjoy it because of the huge support they will have so theyve answered that one themselves - ill not be backing either of them this weekend but if and when they fail to land it the mass hype from either media nor fans will have little bearing on any failures   G mac has openly come out and said its on his bucket list so your right on that front.  can see G Mac being close to top 10 berth and nice prep for mid July  
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Would they ever say anything else?! I dunno maybe they'll thrive with it!

I just think with it being their home tournament there's just the added weight of expectation to do well that will be applied by the media and fans alike that won't help either of their games in my opinion. I'm not saying it's a huge factor by any means but a factor nonetheless for me. Their recent form for me is more of a factor. oh and rory's dislike of the wind lol

I'd love to see gmac win it though even if it did ruin my bets.
  • edited June 2013
    lol yes rory the only lirishman who cant play in the wind!! mind boggles!!! 

he has just had a comment ive read on sporting life where in the same sentance he has suggested as you said that he has felt suffocated in past irish opens with all the support then in same sentance contradicts himself by calling the support a great privelege!!!! so me and you have no chance in figuring it out if he doesnt know himself!!!!  ; ) 
  • edited June 2013
    That's why I love golf and that's what makes golf so difficult to play and to bet on, its not just about ability its about what's between the ears and handling the pressure.

The more I've followed the build up to this event the more I feel if anyone is going to be affected by the mental side of the game this week, it's going to be Shane Lowry, I know it's his home course, I know he's talking a good game, I know he comes into the event in good form, but he might be just a little bit too naive and I think he could just as easily miss the cut as be competing on the back 9 come Sunday.

I'm actually twitching at the moment, considering dropping Lowry from my fantasy team and putting Ross Fisher in his place.

It's going to be an interesting day tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to seeing how things pan out.
  • edited June 2013

With the cricket over with until The Ashes this is probably a good week to watch a golf tournament!

Seen a couple of mentions for Cabrera Bello @ a fun price, hopefully he'll get on the tele! :D

Could only get 66/1, £2 ew!

Hope the thread heater continues at least another week! gl all.
  • edited June 2013
    I'm not liking the fact Flash has beaten me to Lowry. I had him in my fantasy team last week so was obv keeping an eye on him, and I always had him on my mind for this week. But I won't destroy your chances by putting him up. Harrington was gonna be my 2nd choice.... I'm not deserting him though, I think he's a major player this week. Mclroy just doesn't like wind, rain, and links. McDowell has lost his game for now. So for me, Padraig should be the fav. I'll post my back up/s later on. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Decided to go 50/50 Harrington and Fisher both ew 20/1 and 25/1... Gl all
  • edited June 2013
    Not a serious golf punter,but for a bit of fun,will join you boys,
    learning slowly!

A.T &T

Adam Scott @11/1 £10win
    Jason Day @14/1 £8 win
    Hunter Mahan @16/1 £7 win

For outsiders I have gone for!

Bo Van Pelt @ 30/1 £4 win
    Nick Watney @50/1 £1 e/w
    Jeff Overton @100/1 £1 e/w
  • edited June 2013
    At&t first round leader!

Adam Scott @18/1
    Jason Day @22/1
    Hunter Mahan @22/1
    Bo Van Pelt @40/1
    Nick Watney @50/1
    Jeff Overton @80/1

£2 win on each
  • edited June 2013
    So the scores aren't updating on the site. They have a live blog running alongside it that works and they decide not to use that to update who is in the lead... Come on European Tour, use your noodle, get who ever is doing those blogs to keep us informed, we don't care what happend 16 years ago!
  • edited June 2013
    So the scores aren't updating on the site. They have a live blog running alongside it that works and they decide not to use that to update who is in the lead... Come on European Tour, use your noodle, get who ever is doing those blogs to keep us informed, we don't care what happend 16 years ago!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Looking at the latest betting and seeing that Shane Lowry is now 10/1 and 12/1, I would say your man is going well and I might have made a major own goal on my fantasy team.
  • edited June 2013
    Yep, Shane Lowry tied for the lead after 9 holes!
  • edited June 2013
    Great start for flash.

I forgot to do my fantasy teams again grrrrrrrrr.
  • edited June 2013
    Great start for flash. I forgot to do my fantasy teams again grrrrrrrrr.
    Posted by splashies
    You pillock!

Yeah good start for me, Lowry right up there and Waring is only 1 shot back... Been in this game long enough to know the first 9 holes means nothing in the grand scheme of things though!
  • edited June 2013
    I just managed to do the PGA picks, but yes I am a pillock. Love that word. :D
  • edited June 2013
    Well that went well not!

I over analysed the obvious pick of the week Shane Lowry, left him out of my fantasy team and he's currently leading.

Meanwhile my clever pick, who later became the Sporting Life's headline pick, Damien McGrane, finished 8 shots back and is staring at a missed cut.

I've now reverted to the comfort of backing GMAC, taking 16/1 and I also backed Paul Casey in running at 33/1, Casey was actually going to be one of my picks this week, until I did a bit more research and decided he's just not putting well enough to compete.

So the plan for the afternoon is, low rounds for GMAC, Dubuission and Cabrera-Bello, particularly Carbrera-Bello as I've backed him for first round leader.

Then at the AT&T I want low rounds for Ryan Palmer and GDL as I''ve backed them for first round leader.

Oh yes, musn't forget the forum good spirit.......

Nice start Flash :)
  • edited June 2013
    Shocking start for BVP in America!

I think you're being very optimistic looking for a low round this afternoon, I'm not actually watching the golf. but from all accounts it's peeing it down and anything under par would be very good, let alone -6.
  • edited June 2013
    Shocking start for BVP in America! I think you're being very optimistic looking for a low round this afternoon, I'm not actually watching the golf. but from all accounts it's peeing it down and anything under par would be very good, let alone -6.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Not watching at the moment, but there's a few of the afternoon players under par, though I agree it would take a great round to beat -5, the weather forecast on the European Tour website shows sun by 6.00pm , so you never know, they might get to play half their round in decent conditions.

In the States, Ryan Palmer's looking Ok at -1 after 4, so still a possibility there.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Irish Open + AT&T) Year Profit: +669.56pts : You pillock! Yeah good start for me, Lowry right up there and Waring is only 1 shot back... Been in this game long enough to know the first 9 holes means nothing in the grand scheme of things though!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    but if youd have gone 1st round then you were half way there!!  : o  not sure hell be caught now at minus 5 either 
  • edited June 2013
    a storms a brewing ....................... Graeme minus 3 thru 5.   and his namesake Mr Mac is -2 thru 7 

i have given up checking uncle bo bo's progress in the States , Billy Horschel was all over it last i checked, minus 3 thru 4 about 45 mins ago 
  • edited June 2013

It seems the PGA Tour leaderboard also has a glitch, but it's ok on my phone app.

Bill Haas now leads on -4 after 10, from Horschel who is -3 after 9.

A certain Ben Kohles is in third place having player 13 holes, are you on him Flash?

Ryan Palmer is hanging in there on -1 after 8, tied 5th.

As for the Boster, he's on +5 after 11 holes for a tie of 61st, well and truly messageboard jinxed!

• edited June 2013
    It seems the PGA Tour leaderboard also has a glitch, but it's ok on my phone app. Bill Haas now leads on -4 after 10, from Horschel who is -3 after 9. A certain Ben Kohles is in third place having player 13 holes, are you on him Flash? Ryan Palmer is hanging in there on -1 after 8, tied 5th. As for the Boster, he's on +5 after 11 holes for a tie of 61st, well and truly messageboard jinxed!
    Posted by TheDart
    haha yes he certainly never stood a chance!!! he'll shooot an 85 today and go shoot a 63 tomorrow wait and see - its the Bo-ster all over

he might be soon getting demoted to the 'DUSTIN JOHNSON LIST' for me. never a penny on him again he's costing me a fortune over the years . dustin that is. bo aint far behind
  • edited June 2013
    getting completly sidetracked and mentioning the Open championship again, there was a good piece on sky sports before Wentworth when they interviewed THOMAS AIKEN about his chances at Muirfield. it was put up before i put up Aiken but only found it after when googling his name to make sure he was definately in as concerns grew when people ranked higher than him (hes 100th) were having to play qualifiers. including people like him who have won this year. maybe his high finish last year is what gets him through?? top 10 would that be right?? anyhoo, seemingly he is in fact in and has boosted my confidence he can be in the mix. 

obviously he enjoys links golf, but i noticed something which could be highly immaterial, on other hand could mean quite a bit.

his birthday coincides with the open each year. now we all feel or should feel merrier about our birthdays unless you reach Joesman's age, maybe a factor in him enjoying it more, loosening up etc??? maybe not but it will be the big 30 this time around, now what better way to celebrate a milestone like that??!!!

it sprung to mind when a few months ago it was stating someone on PGA tour who was going ok - ish at the time that they said he had won the tourney before, on his birthday? hes an unknown guy to me but definately heard this right, american guy

and who can forget Mr Stenson 2 years ago who was all but home and hosed for first round leasder before someone got him a snowman for a present on the 18th 

could be a method to my madness for once. 

so from now on, most important variances for me in golf betting:

1. Previous course form
    2. Current form
    3. Birthday parties 
  • edited June 2013
    I'm not on Ben Kohles no. This course shouldn't suit him at all either, he is a short straight hitter (Quite rare for the youngsters these days) so it's the tight fiddly courses he should do well on, not 7,400 yard bombers like this! I'd be very surprised if he stays up there.
  • edited June 2013
    Kohles tied for the lead now, 46 players bunched up within 4 shots of each other.

Meanwhile.......

Bo Van Pelt +8 LAST!
  • edited June 2013
    Him and Mark Tullo need to get together and go skydiving ....
  • edited June 2013
    marc warren about to go minus 5