You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Rewards

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

As you've probably noticed, Sky Poker Rewards has now replaced our long-serving 'Cash For Points' promotion.

This time, you get more cash per point you earn, so the more you play, the more we will reward you with!

Enjoy!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Anyone who is interested, I did a quick comparison on what the new system equates to for Priority because it's now as a % rakeback as oppose to Xp per point.

Obviously there are lots of permutations but this is what I came up with assuming that you were playing cash so you're only getting 6 points per £1.
    Points Rake Paid New Rakeback Old Rakeback Old Rakeback Prio +3
    10000 £1,666.67 £333.33 280 310
    20000 £3,333.33 £833.33 800 880
    P.S. Jordan, any chances of this being changed? :)
  • edited April 2013
    It's great to see the minimum monthly requirement to start earning cash rewards drop to just 100 points (from 500), and that it will start paying at 1p per point rather than the current 0.8p. Low volume and micro-stakes players will be very happy.
  • edited April 2013
    Hi Lambert180,

Thanks for the feedback. I've passed your comments onto the marketing department.

I'll let you know what they say!

Cheers,
    Jordan
  • edited April 2013
    It's a worse deal for the loyal, high raking sky players(20k/+month, 3 month+ priority), disappointing.
  • edited April 2013
    Hi.
    Under the Cash for Points system I earned 2929 Points @ 1.2p/Point = £35.15

Under the New Sky Poker Rewards System 2929 Points @ 1p/Point = £29.29

So I am worse off with the new system?
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Sky Poker Rewards:
    Hi all, As you've probably noticed, Sky Poker Rewards has now replaced our long-serving 'Cash For Points' promotion. This time, you get more cash per point you earn, so the more you play, the more we will reward you with! Get all the details and FAQ's here. Enjoy!
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    Obviously don't get more cash per point, nice try though
  • edited April 2013
    That's why I said there a ton of permutations, it's just the same as the last time they changed C4P (it was quite a long time ago now) when it stopped being like 1999 was the same as 1750 etc.

Some people will be better off, some worse off, 2k - 4.99k is obv worse off, with 100 - 1.99k being better off and likewise for the bottom and top half of each tier.

• edited April 2013
    - 100 - 2999 points = 1p per point
    - 3000 - 4999 points = 1.5p per point
    - 5000 - 9999 points = 2.0p per point
    - 10,000 - 19999 points = 20% Rakeback
    - 20,000 - 29999 points = 25% Rakeback
    - 30,000+ points = 30% Rakeback

- Am i correct to assume - 10000 points for tourny / sngs is £200 ?
                                              20000 - £500
                                              30000 - £900
  • edited April 2013
    Hmmm... Nutter makes a good point. Bad news for DYM grinders.
  • edited April 2013
    Ahh, Nutter makes a good point (inadvertently I think).

While cash players are only getting 6points per £1 of rake, once you get to Priority it shouldn't matter anyway cos it's just a % of the rake you pay, so to earn 10000 as a cash player you pay £1666 rake and get £333 back, whereas if you earned 10,000 from SnGs, you'd have only paid £1000 rake so wuold only get £200 back.

So it has evened the scores.

My question is now redundant Jordan :)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards:
    Hmmm... Nutter makes a good point. Bad news for DYM grinders.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Or just evening things out with cash players ;)
  • edited April 2013
    "This time, you get more cash per point you earn, so the more you play, the more we will reward you with!"

Simply not true ^^

Player rakes £3k in month (18k points), a fair amount of rake in today's climate.

Cash for points  = £612
    C4P 3 Months    = £720
    New System       = £600

• edited April 2013
    It's a worse deal for the loyal, high raking sky players(20k/+month, 3 month+ priority), disappointing.
    Posted by Ludacris

[  ] they are good for the game

[ x ] sky should focus their benefits at recreational players

[ ]  terrible regs care about the poker ecology and don't want the best for themselves only.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : [  ] they are good for the game [ x ] sky should focus their benefits at recreational players [ ]  terrible regs care about the poker ecology and don't want the best for themselves only.
    Posted by beaneh
    Sky are free to focus their benefits more towards recreational players, but don't package it up as a better deal for everyone. 
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by Ludacris

Which is a very small part of the player pool
  • edited April 2013
    Can someone from sky please clarify it ?

Last month say i hit 30000 points i would get about 1680 back
    this month i do the same and get 900 back?
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Sky are free to focus their benefits more towards recreational players, but don't package it up as a better deal for everyone. 
    Posted by Ludacris

why would they advertise how terrible it is. it's called marketing. you talk up whatever good things you can find, even if you have to be economical.

watch out for estate agents they are the masters of this
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : why would they advertise how terrible it is. it's called marketing. you talk up whatever good things you can find, even if you have to be economical. watch out for estate agents they are the masters of this
    Posted by beaneh
    Haha. Legend
  • edited April 2013
    Can someone from sky please clarify it ? Last month say i hit 30000 points i would get about 1680 back this month i do the same and get 900 back?
    Posted by Nutter5932
    If you play solely SnGs then yeah.
  • edited April 2013
    if people at the higher stakes on here sng wise thought the last 2 months was dead, then wait for the next few. Was just about the come back full grinding aswell
  • edited April 2013

As we have seen in the past, there are going to be some examples of people getting more and some less. But overall, as some have already pointed out, it will benefit many more players.

We're naturally are trying to balance lots of things to make it accessible to many, keeping it simpler to understand and recognising / rewarding loyal customers too.

Far more people will get a bonus than did previously.

Also, do remember that other rewards and promotions will be coming on top of this so this is not all the value that will be available at Sky Poker.

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : why would they advertise how terrible it is. it's called marketing. you talk up whatever good things you can find, even if you have to be economical. watch out for estate agents they are the masters of this
    Posted by beaneh
    My friend bought a 'Light & airy period property in a vibrant area' at an auction, it was a crack den with no roof. 
  • edited April 2013
    Can anyone help me out.  I'm on priority plus and make between 20k - 40k c4p a month.  Could you break down what I will get back with the new systems for 20k, 30k and 40k?

Very much appreciate it.  Its like getting a pay cut from work!

Cheers
  • edited April 2013
    So, playing Hyper HUSNG last month I got £217 and now I would get £181
    and if I would hit 10000 points I would get £280 and now £200

How is it better??????????
  • edited April 2013
    As someone who earns but a hand full of points this will probably be to my benefit.
    But I can see a lot of people that will have the hump.
    The last time c4p's were changed the initial payment(i.e. 500,1000,2000,etc) payed less but this was off set by a smoother graduated pay-out structure.This system seems to re-introduce bigger steps to the pay-out structure which means re-introducing the end of month dash to the next level(at the lower to mid levels).
    Mind you saying that what is the difference between 5000 - 9999 points = 2.0p per point & 10,000 - 19999 points = 20% Rakeback?9999 x 2p=£199.98 & 10000 x 20%=£200(at 10 points per £ of rake)
  • edited April 2013
    Can anyone help me out.  I'm on priority plus and make between 20k - 40k c4p a month.  Could you break down what I will get back with the new systems for 20k, 30k and 40k? Very much appreciate it.  Its like getting a pay cut from work! Cheers
    Posted by Donttelmum
    i think this is correct. these figures are based on cash only play with no happy hours.

20k - £833
    30k - £1500
    40k - £2000

the figures starti dropping if sng/mtt are involved as you get more points per pound, same with happy hours
  • edited April 2013
    Can anyone help me out.  I'm on priority plus and make between 20k - 40k c4p a month.  Could you break down what I will get back with the new systems for 20k, 30k and 40k? Very much appreciate it.  Its like getting a pay cut from work! Cheers
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Hey mate,

Assuming you ONLY play cash which I'm pretty sure you do then....
    Points Rake Paid Old System New System
    20000 £3,333.33 £880.00 £833.33
    30000 £5,000.00 £1,680.00 £1,500.00
    40000 £6,666.67 £2,400.00 £2,000.00
    Them figures are all based on the fact you would be Priority +3 in old and new system which I'm sure you are.
  • edited April 2013

Just to repeat, other offers are coming to compliment and add to this offer. Sky Poker rewards is though the foundation of various rewards and promotions we offer.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • edited April 2013
    Well I for one as a micro stakes recreational player are happy with this. Well done sky :D Im just going to load another fiver now.  
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Hey mate, Assuming you ONLY play cash which I'm pretty sure you do then.... Points Rake Paid Old System New System 20000 £3,333.33 £880.00 £833.33 30000 £5,000.00 £1,680.00 £1,500.00 40000 £6,666.67 £2,400.00 £2,000.00 Them figures are all based on the fact you would be Priority +3 in old and new system which I'm sure you are.
    Posted by Lambert180

Hi lambert,

Thanks for that buddy.  All seems to be going against me at the mo.  Firstly the weighted contribution and now this.

Makes me think I'm better off at my previous site.  Another £50 a week Im going to lose out on.

I  can't see why sky don't want to look after the higher raking players?