You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Rewards

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards:
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Just bored with all this "we have exciting things planned" Roll it out all at once if there are all these "amazing" things that will complement it. It's a pity but looks like i'm finished with Sky
    Posted by Jac35
    We're sorry and surprised you feel that way.

We regularly bring new offers and promotions to Sky Poker and no company announces everything at once, we try to keep things fresh.

Here are just a few of the recent offers:

- Golden tickets
    - New Team Sky Poker
    - Sit & Go Champs
    - Kings of Cash
    - Freeroll Festival
    - Grand National Freeroll
    - Charlotte Jackson promo
    - we could go on...

And there will be more coming, we promise.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited April 2013
    my last month on sky then.. as i regular dym player it wont be worth playing anymore.. its been a good 3 years..
    Posted by NAILS01197
    this prolly applies to me as well, i'm afraid
  • edited April 2013
    This is a bit pearl and dean(y), you can please some of the people some of the time BUT not all of the people all of the time!!  it sounds ok for micro players who play as a recreational player but for solid grinders at this level ie TINTIN and a few others who also risk more money by multi tabling it seems a little harsh, solid regs at the higher levels seem to be getting a rum deal, a REWARD SYSTEM SHOULD MEAN JUST THAT so changing it and people losing out does as i said seem harsh, THEY MAY TAKE MY MONEY BUT SKY dont risk losing players like DONTELMUM and LUDACRIS and others by reducing their hard earned! 
    Posted by ryderroo
    Thanks for your post. We do try to make this fair for many players but realise you can't make everything better for everyone, every time. We will continue to offer good value and exciting promotions for players of all levels.
  • edited April 2013
    You keep saying things are coming , but Sky Poker isn't the most reliable for this. 

Lets remember that over a year ago you said re-sizeable tables were coming in June/July 2012. Still waiting ....  not to mention many other things.

Like quite a few others, this will be my last month on sky .

I will return for the occasional UKOPS.
  • edited April 2013
    With all the regs apparently leaving, there are going to be some juicy tables on Sky Poker next month!! :D
  • edited April 2013
    You keep saying things are coming , but Sky Poker isn't the most reliable for this.  Lets remember that over a year ago you said re-sizeable tables were coming in June/July 2012. Still waiting ....  not to mention many other things. Like quite a few others, this will be my last month on sky . I will return for the occasional UKOPS.
    Posted by 1267
    Hi 1267

We were referring to promotions on this occasion but on the subject of the new product, those who came to SPT London will have seen the resizable tables etc being demonstrated. Not sure where the June 2012 came from but it will be available soon.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited April 2013
    With all the regs apparently leaving, there are going to be some juicy tables on Sky Poker next month!! :D
    Posted by BorinLoner

I've got to admit with some of the names im seeing saying im leaving im looking forward to a couple of weaker games aswell, so this promo has helped me out twice aparently !! thanks sky!!
  • edited April 2013
    There must be loads of players who don't make the 500 points a month,and get nowt.
    So sky are rewarding them now if they get 100, if there are two shoppers who spend
    £500 a month on shopping, and 20 who spend £150 you would try and keep both happy.
    Jmo but look at it both ways, low and high stakes get something.
  • edited April 2013
    Skys rakeback has always been uncompetitive in terms of the high stakes/high volume players (previously they didn't term it rakeback before just 'bonus') but thats to be expected when they are a small site with a limited player pool and market.

What I'm concerned about most is that the liquidity overall is on the site is in decline... and that is something that needs to be addressed.
  • edited April 2013
    There must be loads of players who don't make the 500 points a month,and get nowt. So sky are rewarding them now if they get 100, if there are two shoppers who spend £500 a month on shopping, and 20 who spend £150 you would try and keep both happy. Jmo but look at it both ways, low and high stakes get something.
    Posted by tomo_efc
    Thanks, that's what we are aiming for.
  • edited April 2013
    I have been on sky for around 4 yrs now.......I have no intention of leaving as I'm a recreational player who plays purely for fun.......however I will say, Sky Poker (2009) was probably better in every dept than the Sky Poker of today....IMO
  • edited April 2013
    I have been on sky for around 4 yrs now.......I have no intention of leaving as I'm a recreational player who plays purely for fun.......however I will say, Sky Poker (2009) was probably better in every dept than the Sky Poker of today....IMO
    Posted by waller02
    Out of interest, what are all the things you miss from 2009?
  • edited April 2013
    First of all i'm a 95% DYM player. 

I think the points that Nutter raise covers the views of all those playing between Regular high stakes DYM's down those like myself who play mid stakes semi/fairly regularly. For me this will spell the end of DYM's at the mentioned levels and i can genuinely belief this will see many of the current SkyPoker players move away from the site.

For me this is another change that can be put with other recent failed ideas like Turbo Tuesdays, if the regulars are to leave the site which appears to be the general consensus perhaps SKY will need to consider a 'will it fill up Wednesday?' 

I guess time will tell. It will be a great shame if the site loses its regular grinders and to those who do leave, i wish you all the best

Steve
  • edited April 2013

Look don't get me wrong I'm still (and always will be) a sky fan but there have been a few changes over the yrs that haven't been great imo.

The popular league format...stopped with no reason why, told it would be replaced with something new - never was.

An increase of mtt buyins whilst reducing the gty - I don't know the business side of things but the primo used to be £15k GTD £33 buyin.

BH's galore!!!!!! - yes they are popular but come on, lets have a bit more variety mtt wise

The TV show format - this has improved in recent months but still not as good as the original format.

That's my personal opinion but I hate change, if it aint broke then don't fix it!

• edited April 2013
    Look don't get me wrong I'm still (and always will be) a sky fan but there have been a few changes over the yrs that haven't been great imo. The popular league format...stopped with no reason why, told it would be replaced with something new - never was. An increase of mtt buyins whilst reducing the gty - I don't know the business side of things but the primo used to be £15k GTD £33 buyin. BH's galore!!!!!! - yes they are popular but come on, lets have a bit more variety mtt wise The TV show format - this has improved in recent months but still not as good as the original format. That's my personal opinion but I hate change, if it aint broke then don't fix it!
    Posted by waller02
    Thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps we could have been clearer but the league was replaced by more varied promotions (like some of the ones mentioned earlier). Especially those with league tables like King of Cash, Sit & Go Champs etc.

Glad you are still a Sky fan :)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps we could have been clearer but the league was replaced by more varied promotions (like some of the ones mentioned earlier). Especially those with league tables like King of Cash, Sit & Go Champs etc. Glad you are still a Sky fan :)
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    haha - always will be, the one constant has been the top community.

But, yeah the league is prob the one I miss most :(
  • edited April 2013

Interestingly, given what you said about TV, you'll probably like somethng we are going to do on Tuesdays too!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Hi lambert, Thanks for that buddy.  All seems to be going against me at the mo.  Firstly the weighted contribution and now this. Makes me think I'm better off at my previous site.  Another £50 a week Im going to lose out on. I  can't see why sky don't want to look after the higher raking players?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Reads:

"I'm a horrendous nit that ruins the games, sky brought in weighted contribution which cost me beacause I fold lots. Now they are taking away from me more of the money I need to break even. Makes me think I'm better off folding elsewhere. I can't see why sky don't want to look after the players that are ruining their site and have zero interest in the long-term liquidity of poker."
  • edited April 2013
    Well this is interesting.

I've read every post to the point I started this one, so I've probably missed a couple now.  I'll just preface this by saying no, I have never run an online room.  But with nearly a decade of online experience and involvement in most sites/networks you have heard of and some you haven't, I don't think this negates any possible validity in knowing the right and wrong things for online poker sites to do.

In my opinion a site should always focus its attention on recreational players and depositing players (sometimes but not always the same thing).  I play the highest MTTs on this site, yet myself and Kaymac pushed for more and continued low and micro buy in MTTs on this forum.  I played (up until a couple of months ago) the biggest DYMs on this site, yet I was one of the first to call for the return of the 30p DYMs on this forum.  Why care about games I don't play?  Because the poker industry has always been bottom up, not top down.  Especially in the present global economy (i.e. everyone's skint) a online room should be focusing on the recreational players, not on the high volume regs.

The word loyalty is being thrown around a bit poorly imo.  Open question to all, who is more loyal?  Me, a player who is easily in the top 40 rake generators over the past couple of years and plays roughly 65% of their volume on SkyPoker; or Joe Bloggs, a recreational player who plays maybe a dozen £5.50 BHers or deep stacks a week, the odd main event and a couple of nights a month on the DYMs when they're in the mood, all of which on SkyPoker, the only site they play on?  A few people have been putting a case forward that pure rake generation is a measure of loyalty and therefore it would be me.  I would humbly put forward the argument that Joe is more loyal than me, loves playing on SkyPoker and should be given more consideration for promotions than I would be, while never saying that any player should get no consideration.

DYMs and SnGs.  I'm in the wait and see camp for this one.  The higher volume games are either reg infested or just are not running at the moment.  It's been flagged up a few times and I am fully confident one of the future promotions will be on this.  IMO it'll have to be a good one, the MTT and cash player pools are growing, but with DYM rake usually double (sometimes more) the old industry standard of that big place (DYM rake was 5% there when they still had them) the player pool is bound to suffer.  I'm not complaining about the rake, let's just make that clear.  I fully understand it's a case of get something here and lose something there, same as any site.  However as a result the playerpool for DYMs, particularly £33 and higher, suffer.  And yes this change will hurt that playerpool more.  Personally I want a promotion similar to, or lets face it, a straight rip off of the BOP promo the big place does.  I can't think of a better one to run for SnGs/DYMs, I hope and trust someone in charge does.  So I'm not going with a kneejerk reaction to this.  These changes are not for the best part of a month, I would want something to compensate DYM players for this change (all DYMs players, not just the higher stake ones) in place or ready to roll when the change happens, to boost the playerpool if nothing else.  IMO it desperately needs it for recs and regs alike.

Lastly, this is only opinion.  I've stated many times before that I do not and never have considered C4P to be a wage.  I know people I like and respect a lot will disagree wholeheartedly with me on this one.  I respect their view, but I hold another one.  For me C4P was always a bonus and what you win on the tables, playing the game, is your wage.  If you play this game for a living, winning the games and the money should always take a higher priority than having a rake generation target to regularly hit IMO.  In fact it should take the highest priority, while points numbers should be wither far below it or a side effect of this.

Summary.  I think the change is positive and beneficial for much more of the membership than it hinders.  It's also a positive change for the more important members of the player pool when we look at what's good for the poker economy.  There are some areas taking a hit, particularly DYMs, which need urgent attention.  Sky have already stated they recognise this and I fully trust they will be addressed very soon.  If I get this part wrong, please feel free to say you told me so.  I have a diary here and it's really not hard to find, and I welcome all comment.
  • edited April 2013

C4P has always been weighted strongly towards SNG players (I often play DYM's / HU Hypers as an easy way of hitting points targets).
    It surely can't be a major surprise to any serious SNG player that Sky would eventually address this?

I'm sure you can find a site with more liquidity.
    Good luck finding somewhere with games that are more profitable.
  • edited April 2013
    Well this is interesting. I've read every post to the point I started this one, so I've probably missed a couple now.  I'll just preface this by saying no, I have never run an online room.  But with nearly a decade of online experience and involvement in most sites/networks you have heard of and some you haven't, I don't think this negates any possible validity in knowing the right and wrong things for online poker sites to do. In my opinion a site should always focus its attention on recreational players and depositing players (sometimes but not always the same thing).  I play the highest MTTs on this site, yet myself and Kaymac pushed for more and continued low and micro buy in MTTs on this forum.  I played (up until a couple of months ago) the biggest DYMs on this site, yet I was one of the first to call for the return of the 30p DYMs on this forum.  Why care about games I don't play?  Because the poker industry has always been bottom up, not top down.  Especially in the present global economy (i.e. everyone's skint) a online room should be focusing on the recreational players, not on the high volume regs. The word loyalty is being thrown around a bit poorly imo.  Open question to all, who is more loyal?  Me, a player who is easily in the top 40 rake generators over the past couple of years and plays roughly 65% of their volume on SkyPoker; or Joe Bloggs, a recreational player who plays maybe a dozen £5.50 BHers or deep stacks a week, the odd main event and a couple of nights a month on the DYMs when they're in the mood, all of which on SkyPoker, the only site they play on?  A few people have been putting a case forward that pure rake generation is a measure of loyalty and therefore it would be me.  I would humbly put forward the argument that Joe is more loyal than me, loves playing on SkyPoker and should be given more consideration for promotions than I would be, while never saying that any player should get no consideration. DYMs and SnGs.  I'm in the wait and see camp for this one.  The higher volume games are either reg infested or just are not running at the moment.  It's been flagged up a few times and I am fully confident one of the future promotions will be on this.  IMO it'll have to be a good one, the MTT and cash player pools are growing, but with DYM rake usually double (sometimes more) the old industry standard of that big place (DYM rake was 5% there when they still had them) the player pool is bound to suffer.  I'm not complaining about the rake, let's just make that clear.  I fully understand it's a case of get something here and lose something there, same as any site.  However as a result the playerpool for DYMs, particularly £33 and higher, suffer.  And yes this change will hurt that playerpool more.  Personally I want a promotion similar to, or lets face it, a straight rip off of the BOP promo the big place does.  I can't think of a better one to run for SnGs/DYMs, I hope and trust someone in charge does.  So I'm not going with a kneejerk reaction to this.  These changes are not for the best part of a month, I would want something to compensate DYM players for this change (all DYMs players, not just the higher stake ones) in place or ready to roll when the change happens, to boost the playerpool if nothing else.  IMO it desperately needs it for recs and regs alike. Lastly, this is only opinion.  I've stated many times before that I do not and never have considered C4P to be a wage.  I know people I like and respect a lot will disagree wholeheartedly with me on this one.  I respect their view, but I hold another one.  For me C4P was always a bonus and what you win on the tables, playing the game, is your wage.  If you play this game for a living, winning the games and the money should always take a higher priority than having a rake generation target to regularly hit IMO.  In fact it should take the highest priority, while points numbers should be wither far below it or a side effect of this. Summary.  I think the change is positive and beneficial for much more of the membership than it hinders.  It's also a positive change for the more important members of the player pool when we look at what's good for the poker economy.  There are some areas taking a hit, particularly DYMs, which need urgent attention.  Sky have already stated they recognise this and I fully trust they will be addressed very soon.  If I get this part wrong, please feel free to say you told me so.  I have a diary here and it's really not hard to find, and I welcome all comment.
    Posted by TommyD
    Thanks for taking the time to write that Tommy.
  • edited April 2013
    C4P has always been weighted strongly towards SNG players (I often play DYM's / HU Hypers as an easy way of hitting points targets). It surely can't be a major surprise to any serious SNG player that Sky would eventually address this? I'm sure you can find a site with more liquidity. Good luck finding somewhere with games that are more profitable.
    Posted by jakally
     This is the key point of the whole thread.
    Yes I could go elsewhere and get my 50% rakeback, but to do that I will be playing against multi-tabling HUD using regs, thus my overall profit would be far less. Trust me I have tried.

• ckdckd
    edited April 2013

wow for once i agree with waller, the old sky was so much better than whats here today

seems like sky are taking one step forward and 5 steps back

the rake back could have been done so much better than it has done and i think sky will realise this really soon,really think sky should sit down and take a really hard look at the site before it just ends up fading out.

• edited April 2013
    we all have are own veiws depending on what games , stakes volume we play but for me being a dym mid to high stakes reg it will kill me in lost rake, and trust me on dyms rake matters. 2p is the same has 20% for dym mtt so no incentive to push on for higher rake. many a month ive put in long hrs last 2 days to get to that next rake % level. im a big fan of sky and have played here has a reg for 15 months and built up a nice roll but unfortunately i wont be able to grind these any more. thats not to say i will quit the site, like a few have said i will play the odd evening mtt has i like 6max but regarding my dym grind i will have to look else where
  • edited April 2013
    If you want to make the place better and ensure long term future of the game

1) limit multi tabling to 6 tables at very most
    2) scrap all forms of rakeback
    3) ban all forms of 3rd party software
    4) bring back play through tv
    5) stop abusing limpers on 861
    6) invest in atttracting limpers,losers,fish,gamblers, whatever you want to call them.
  • edited April 2013
    C4P has always been weighted strongly towards SNG players (I often play DYM's / HU Hypers as an easy way of hitting points targets). It surely can't be a major surprise to any serious SNG player that Sky would eventually address this? I'm sure you can find a site with more liquidity. Good luck finding somewhere with games that are more profitable.
    Posted by jakally
    Thanks Jakally
  • edited April 2013
    Well this is interesting. I've read every post to the point I started this one, so I've probably missed a couple now.  I'll just preface this by saying no, I have never run an online room.  But with nearly a decade of online experience and involvement in most sites/networks you have heard of and some you haven't, I don't think this negates any possible validity in knowing the right and wrong things for online poker sites to do. In my opinion a site should always focus its attention on recreational players and depositing players (sometimes but not always the same thing).  I play the highest MTTs on this site, yet myself and Kaymac pushed for more and continued low and micro buy in MTTs on this forum.  I played (up until a couple of months ago) the biggest DYMs on this site, yet I was one of the first to call for the return of the 30p DYMs on this forum.  Why care about games I don't play?  Because the poker industry has always been bottom up, not top down.  Especially in the present global economy (i.e. everyone's skint) a online room should be focusing on the recreational players, not on the high volume regs. The word loyalty is being thrown around a bit poorly imo.  Open question to all, who is more loyal?  Me, a player who is easily in the top 40 rake generators over the past couple of years and plays roughly 65% of their volume on SkyPoker; or Joe Bloggs, a recreational player who plays maybe a dozen £5.50 BHers or deep stacks a week, the odd main event and a couple of nights a month on the DYMs when they're in the mood, all of which on SkyPoker, the only site they play on?  A few people have been putting a case forward that pure rake generation is a measure of loyalty and therefore it would be me.  I would humbly put forward the argument that Joe is more loyal than me, loves playing on SkyPoker and should be given more consideration for promotions than I would be, while never saying that any player should get no consideration. DYMs and SnGs.  I'm in the wait and see camp for this one.  The higher volume games are either reg infested or just are not running at the moment.  It's been flagged up a few times and I am fully confident one of the future promotions will be on this.  IMO it'll have to be a good one, the MTT and cash player pools are growing, but with DYM rake usually double (sometimes more) the old industry standard of that big place (DYM rake was 5% there when they still had them) the player pool is bound to suffer.  I'm not complaining about the rake, let's just make that clear.  I fully understand it's a case of get something here and lose something there, same as any site.  However as a result the playerpool for DYMs, particularly £33 and higher, suffer.  And yes this change will hurt that playerpool more.  Personally I want a promotion similar to, or lets face it, a straight rip off of the BOP promo the big place does.  I can't think of a better one to run for SnGs/DYMs, I hope and trust someone in charge does.  So I'm not going with a kneejerk reaction to this.  These changes are not for the best part of a month, I would want something to compensate DYM players for this change (all DYMs players, not just the higher stake ones) in place or ready to roll when the change happens, to boost the playerpool if nothing else.  IMO it desperately needs it for recs and regs alike. Lastly, this is only opinion.  I've stated many times before that I do not and never have considered C4P to be a wage.  I know people I like and respect a lot will disagree wholeheartedly with me on this one.  I respect their view, but I hold another one.  For me C4P was always a bonus and what you win on the tables, playing the game, is your wage.  If you play this game for a living, winning the games and the money should always take a higher priority than having a rake generation target to regularly hit IMO.  In fact it should take the highest priority, while points numbers should be wither far below it or a side effect of this. Summary.  I think the change is positive and beneficial for much more of the membership than it hinders.  It's also a positive change for the more important members of the player pool when we look at what's good for the poker economy.  There are some areas taking a hit, particularly DYMs, which need urgent attention.  Sky have already stated they recognise this and I fully trust they will be addressed very soon.  If I get this part wrong, please feel free to say you told me so.  I have a diary here and it's really not hard to find, and I welcome all comment.
    Posted by TommyD
    One of the best thought out posts I have ever seen on this forum
  • edited April 2013
    If you want to make the place better and ensure long term future of the game 1) limit multi tabling to 6 tables at very most 2) scrap all forms of rakeback 3) ban all forms of 3rd party software 4) bring back play through tv 5) stop abusing limpers on 861 6) invest in atttracting limpers,losers,fish,gamblers, whatever you want to call them.
    Posted by ajs4385
    1)  Sites need regs, regs multi tabling get games going.  It's all about the correct blend of regs v recs.  Also the amount of people multi tabling more than 6 a very low, especially at the micro to low limits.  A cap on this would have negligible effects.

2)  Rakeback/rewards programmes are good for the liquity of a playerpool, from the recreational player happy to see an extra tenner, or in their minds a once a month ten quid MTT they normally never get to play to the high stakes grinder getting their quota.  I'm not sure how eliminating this actually helps liquidity, maybe a site could use that money on more promotions, giveaways and marketing to get more players in, but I'm not sure it would prove to be better.  Anyway, the genie is out of the bottle and rakeback/rewards/bonuses in one form or another is industry standard.  Going against that would hurt more than help.

3)  As far as I am aware it is here.  I'm pretty sure this is a stalking horse question to derail/start another avenue of discussion.  People rig together stuff all of the time, some people are frighteningly good with code and a PC.  Many others, not so much, but they have a go anyway and some people end up buying the stuff to be disappointed.  It's a continuing problem all sites must combat.

4)  Really bad cost effectiveness for a room and would have little to zero positive effect on liquidity or the site anyway.

5)  Abuse is a strong word and inappropriate here in my view.  861 is a marketing and learning tool.  If presenters go against their own integrity to give bad advice on purpose it would irrevocably damage the reputation of the site they represented.  So therefore would be bad.

6)  Not sure where to begin on this one.  I think you're looking at what is good all wrong.  IMO what is good is giving all players, recreational and regs, a poker experience of enjoyment and security.  Now recreational players are going to hold much more stock in this than regs, so they should be a primary focus.  The focus is not and should not be making the games easier for the regs, or frankly feeding recreational players one after the other to regs.  If regs are good enough, they'll make money anyway, they don't need spoon feeding.

I can't help but feel you are too focussed on the levels you and I play rather than all the levels.  Recreational players, seen a lot more at the lower levels of cash and playing STTs, should get a fun, enjoyable, friendly and secure experience on a site, that is what is important to them.  And with these changes that is what, IMO, Skypoker is doing.  Is it perfect?  Nope.  Is it better?  IMO and when viewed as a whole rather than in compartments, yes.
  • edited April 2013
    Basically all those boring nit rakeback grinders who made a living from the game from c4ps, waiting for aces and kings and coolering people are going to have to find another avenue of income.  
  • edited April 2013
    Tom what a level headed guy you are, great post.
    You realise the site needs low level players, who with a bit of luck,
    will be high rollers some day, but need a bit of incentive to stay with sky.
    If thats £1 or £500 a month everyone should get a cut.