You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Rewards

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards:
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Yup, warrior. I enjoy my life which involves playing poker.  Does everyone have to play the same style?  If you've only played a handful of hands against me how do you know how I play?  Which regs are delusional and brain dead?  I don't think the games are bad, I happen to think they are great.  What makes you say the games are bad?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    If you enjoy your life grinding 16 hours of 20nl a day then my name is Fernando Torres and I'm the best striker in the world...

I have a lot of friends that still play similar levels on Sky, and as you don't actually log off it's fair to say they have some experience of playing with you...

The bolded is a pretty delusional thing to say... considering you hardly have an edge on the majority of regs I can't see how you'd find grinding with 4 of them 'great'. 

Anyway I only quoted your earlier post because it pretty much sums up what is wrong with poker. You're not the only one and plenty of people have posted since so have a read and stop being so dense, ty.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : If you enjoy your life grinding 16 hours of 20nl a day then my name is Fernando Torres and I'm the best striker in the world... I have a lot of friends that still play similar levels on Sky, and as you don't actually log off it's fair to say they have some experience of playing with you... The bolded is a pretty delusional thing to say... considering you hardly have an edge on the majority of regs I can't see how you'd find grinding with 4 of them 'great'.  Anyway I only quoted your earlier post because it pretty much sums up what is wrong with poker. You're not the only one and plenty of people have posted since so have a read and stop being so dense, ty.
    Posted by pryce6

Ok, you know better than me if I enjoy my life.  You also know wether or not I think the games are great, which I think they are but obvisouly if you say I dont find them great, well then I guess I don't.

Your definetly not dense, you know what I'm thinking when I don't think it.

Warrior!

• edited April 2013
     I would love the intoduction of a Sky Points shop, like a lot of other sites offer. This would give every individual the chance to choose what they wish to spend their points on whether it be merchandise, cash bonuses, reload bonuses, MTT tickets etc, etc.  If the points could be carried over month to month you would then have the option to save for bigger rewards.
    Posted by 68Trebor
    Agreed, I have quite a few points and as far as I'm aware the only thing I can do with them is play freerolls with around 1000 people with 1st for around £10, not my cup of tea tbh
  • edited April 2013
    A lot of the negative comment on this thread has come about how it will affect DYM players.

Is there going to be a change in the points awarded for DYMs that I can't see on the page explaining the new system?
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : yes i am 1 of those nit rakeback dym grinders who make a living from c4p.. and i will sit and wait for big hands in dyms and let the people who get bored of not playing a hand for 10 mins donk themselves out.. As i said on earlier post ill be find an alternative site at end of this month.
    Posted by NAILS01197
    I prefer to play poker not wait and cooler people
  • edited April 2013

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.

What is everyones views on this?
  • edited April 2013
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.   What is everyones views on this?
    Posted by DivsDreams
    Very poetic and apt!
  • edited April 2013
    instead of just thinking about me myself and i look at the whole picture sky cant keep everybody happy just trying to find a happy medium good players will come good players will go swings and roundabouts instead of moaning just give it a go
  • edited April 2013
    But the point being missed is how will we ever attract better players to the site when there are rakebacks of 74% out there with major sites.

I still see the biggest issue here is by paying so low compaired to the other sites we cant grow this community with very good players which leads to bigger cash and mtts.

It is always going to be a brave business decision to cut players c4p esp in these difficult economic times when the customer is now used to shopping arround from there everyday food to high end purchaces.

My hope of course is sky come up with something else to keep people happy enough not to leave to the other sites but do we realy want the pool of our best players now even looking at what other sites have to offer which of course the majorty will be doing. Its never a smart business move in my view to let you client base even have a reason to look elsewhere
  • edited April 2013

"... how will we ever attract better players to the site when there are rakebacks of 74% out there with major sites"

A very small number of people across the entire poker economy would qualify for 74% rakeback. We have looked closely at the deals offered by competitors and are happy that we offer good value to our customers, given all the other things we offer as well.
  • edited April 2013
    But the point being missed is how will we ever attract better players to the site when there are rakebacks of 74% out there with major sites.

More often then not these kind of deals are too good to be true.

These kinds of deals are usually offered by affiliates and not the sites themseleves.  These kinds of deals are also the reason why a major network of sites recently launced a two tier cash game system, as the games where full of rakeback grinders which destroyed the games as they a)made the experience a dull one for the recreational/casual player and b) they just took out so much of the liquidity.

I would say that the 30pc RB system is pretty much on par with the 'trusted' brands in the industy, for the level of grinding that most players on here usually achieve.

Obviously schemes like SuperNova/SuperNova Elite are a different prospect entirely, and if Sky were to ever to grow to be able to maintain those kinds of high volume players, then they would certainly deserve some extra rewards.
  • edited April 2013

Now that there is no minimum points requirement to qualify for rakeback, what's stopping sky from introducing "low rake" cash tables? 

Where we pay less rake, but don't earn any points whilst playing them? 

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : I prefer to play poker not wait and cooler people
    Posted by bearlyther
    Pretty much sums it up in a nutshell for me !
  • edited April 2013
    But the point being missed is how will we ever attract better players to the site when there are rakebacks of 74% out there with major sites. I still see the biggest issue here is by paying so low compaired to the other sites we cant grow this community with very good players which leads to bigger cash and mtts. It is always going to be a brave business decision to cut players c4p esp in these difficult economic times when the customer is now used to shopping arround from there everyday food to high end purchaces. My hope of course is sky come up with something else to keep people happy enough not to leave to the other sites but do we realy want the pool of our best players now even looking at what other sites have to offer which of course the majorty will be doing. Its never a smart business move in my view to let you client base even have a reason to look elsewhere
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    No offense intended but I genuinely couldn't disagree more with the majority of this post.
    1) there is no 'we' - Sky are the company I play some internet poker with, nothing more nothing less.  There is no requirement that I'm loyal to Sky and any loyality they show to me (c4p) is a bonus and should be seen as such.  It's nice to have but I have no divine right or entitlement to this bonus.
    2) Why do we want Sky to attract good players?  The ideal scenario for the majority of this site would be to attract terrible players who deposit regularly. this is not just a selfish view but would be the best for the whole community. let the great players go and chase the fantasy 74% rakeback elsewhere if they can find it.
    3)  if the good players look elsewhere that benefits anyone who stays with Sky because we would benefit from softer games and hopefully enjoy great profits.

This isn't a 'we're all in this together' situation.  As long as Sky don't go bust I have no interest in their success.  I don't care if i see a sky hoodie on the wsop final table or whether the team Sky Poker players are the world's best players.  As a customer the service i expect is to be able to play poker on their site.  Sky currently deliver this service in a way that i am satisfied with so i play poker here. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : "... how will we ever attract better players to the site when there are rakebacks of 74% out there with major sites" A very small number of people across the entire poker economy would qualify for 74% rakeback. We have looked closely at the deals offered by competitors and are happy that we offer good value to our customers, given all the other things we offer as well.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Problem is the new system is simply flawed for SNG & MTT players - there is no increase in reward between level 3 (5k-10k pts) and level 4 (10K - 20k points). Both levels pay the same return on points/rake.
  • edited April 2013
    I dont dissagre with the 74% and both what you and Ryan said is true. 

However if your raising the point 30% is average thats not the case as to get 30% on new sytem on sky you need to be at top level of c4p whereas as you know the others offer 30% at a lot lower starting point.

So the 30% is not what majority will be loking at in the same way those guys would be looking at some of the 60 and 70% deals out there so saying 30% is average is not comparing like for like.

It cant be spun to say on one hand 74% is for the few and then use your top tier as the comparable.

Dont get me wrong I am a big supporter of this site and I suppose I am trying to find a reason next month why I should stay and like a lot of people that have spoken to me, they are all of the same view we like sky most of us have been here since the start and learnt our game here, however people feel very let down that over last 18months the c4p has been eroded away and now is big cut (yes only at certian levels)

It is excellent we are able to discuss it here and that gives us and sky the fairest opportunity to make decisions. 

So my question is what reasons do I have to stay here and I want a postive discussion as mentioned I and a lot of players want to find a reason to stay. This shows your brand is valued but as we seen many valued brands no longer exisit.
  • edited April 2013
    I dont dissagre with the 74% and both what you and Ryan said is true.  However if your raising the point 30% is average thats not the case as to get 30% on new sytem on sky you need to be at top level of c4p whereas as you know the others offer 30% at a lot lower starting point. So the 30% is not what majority will be loking at in the same way those guys would be looking at some of the 60 and 70% deals out there so saying 30% is average is not comparing like for like. It cant be spun to say on one hand 74% is for the few and then use your top tier as the comparable. Dont get me wrong I am a big supporter of this site and I suppose I am trying to find a reason next month why I should stay and like a lot of people that have spoken to me, they are all of the same view we like sky most of us have been here since the start and learnt our game here, however people feel very let down that over last 18months the c4p has been eroded away and now is big cut (yes only at certian levels) It is excellent we are able to discuss it here and that gives us and sky the fairest opportunity to make decisions.  So my question is what reasons do I have to stay here and I want a postive discussion as mentioned I and a lot of players want to find a reason to stay. This shows your brand is valued but as we seen many valued brands no longer exisit.
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    I can give one incredibly huge reason why staying would benefit you
  • edited April 2013
    I'm sorry, and I don't usually say stuff like this, but it's genuinely hilarious to read v.awful regs threatening to move sites cos of the slightly worse rakeback. lol brain people, brain. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : I can give one incredibly huge reason why staying would benefit you
    Posted by percival09
    This wud be the reason why he left last time though. 
  • edited April 2013
    I'm sorry, and I don't usually say stuff like this, but it's genuinely hilarious to read v.awful regs threatening to move sites cos of the slightly worse rakeback. lol brain people, brain. 
    Posted by percival09
    Making such stupid comments like this shows you up for the type of person you must be. It dosent add to a discussion or add any value or benfit to the community. I will not and dont need to prove to people what I have won but then its strange I never have a go at people but when you are comftable in life you dont feel the need to. LOL BRAIN PEOPLE BRAIN

So if you worked for a company for years and one day you went into work and was told your getting a pay cut with the bosses just saying no discussion thats it you would be turing round to people and saying thats fine and laughing? 

You then found out they were taking on new staff and gave those people more perks then the existing staff again this would sit well with you and your turn round to the new guy sitting next to you and say" so happy for you that your getting better benfits then me"

Also other comment about me looking to leave before again way out of context, it was down to the lag problem with the software which was making the site unplayable, then Sky reduced I think it was the time bar and this solved the problem.

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Making such stupid comments like this shows you up for the type of person you must be. It dosent add to a discussion or add any value or benfit to the community. I will not and dont need to prove to people what I have won but then its strange I never have a go at people but when you are comftable in life you dont feel the need to. LOL BRAIN PEOPLE BRAIN So if you worked for a company for years and one day you went into work and was told your getting a pay cut with the bosses just saying no discussion thats it you would be turing round to people and saying thats fine and laughing?  You then found out they were taking on new staff and gave those people more perks then the existing staff again this would sit well with you and your turn round to the new guy sitting next to you and say" so happy for you that your getting better benfits then me" Also other comment about me looking to leave before again way out of context, it was down to the lag problem with the software which was making the site unplayable, then Sky reduced I think it was the time bar and this solved the problem.  
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    seriously?

you do not work for sky.  they provide internet poker and you are an insignificant one of thousands of players.  we do not get employed by sky and c4p is not a salary. 

it is a bonus for helping them make money
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Making such stupid comments like this shows you up for the type of person you must be. It dosent add to a discussion or add any value or benfit to the community. I will not and dont need to prove to people what I have won but then its strange I never have a go at people but when you are comftable in life you dont feel the need to. LOL BRAIN PEOPLE BRAIN So if you worked for a company for years and one day you went into work and was told your getting a pay cut with the bosses just saying no discussion thats it you would be turing round to people and saying thats fine and laughing?  You then found out they were taking on new staff and gave those people more perks then the existing staff again this would sit well with you and your turn round to the new guy sitting next to you and say" so happy for you that your getting better benfits then me" Also other comment about me looking to leave before again way out of context, it was down to the lag problem with the software which was making the site unplayable, then Sky reduced I think it was the time bar and this solved the problem.  
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    Sorry but this is misleading. The offer applies the same to all.

Another customer doing the same as you would get the same rewards.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Sorry but this is misleading. The offer applies the same to all. Another customer doing the same as you would get the same rewards.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    I was refering to the new player freeroll that somehow every month gets over 600 runners but the site numbers stay the same, but this comment wasnt direct at sky but the previous poster who thought its funny to lose out on the c4p situation
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah Huuuume has pretty much covered it, we don't work for Sky and C4P is in no way a salary or should be guaranteed for life.

A more accurate/relevant example would be if you go into X supermarket and they give you 1p cashback for every £1 you spend. They then change this so you only get 1p cashback per £2 you spend, this is 100% up to the company to make this decision, and they will make the decision they think is best for the majority of their customer base which is in-turn good for them as they make more more from their increased customer base.

From a consumer point of view, you have the option to go to another supermarket, or at least re-assess which supermarkets offer the best value for money. I don't go to M&S and say 'I want to shop here but can you just lower the prices for me', I know their prices are excessive (imo) so I go elsewhere.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : seriously? you do not work for sky.  they provide internet poker and you are an insignificant one of thousands of players.  we do not get employed by sky and c4p is not a salary.  it is a bonus for helping them make money
    Posted by huuuuume
    Are you realy this naive or you just trying to move the discussion away from a sensibile discussion?
  • edited April 2013
    the bonus is what it says, A BONUS, But, when you grind alot of hours every day you look upon the C4P bonus like an income, its a point you aim for because of the rewards you receive. 18 months ago, if you grinded 10,000 points you received £343, on top of this there was THE POKER LEAGUE, which you could also earn from,   Now for the same 10,000 points under the new system you only receive £200. thats almost a 45% drop in 18 months. it might be an added bonus, but its a bonus offered by many sites, and for a player grinding the hours to achieve this that is a stupid % to have to make up. Does sky only want players that pop on and off the site as they please, or do they wanna start looking after the players that play every day come what may. any player who thinks this is not worth making a point of is either rich or stupid. so if you dont have a lot of money and disagree with what is being said take a look in the mirror and think, 18 said im stupid. thanks
  • edited April 2013
    the bonus is what it says, A BONUS, But, when you grind alot of hours every day you look upon the C4P bonus like an income, its a point you aim for because of the rewards you receive. 18 months ago, if you grinded 10,000 points you received £343, on top of this there was THE POKER LEAGUE, which you could also earn from,   Now for the same 10,000 points under the new system you only receive £200. thats almost a 45% drop in 18 months. it might be an added bonus, but its a bonus offered by many sites, and for a player grinding the hours to achieve this that is a stupid % to have to make up. Does sky only want players that pop on and off the site as they please, or do they wanna start looking after the players that play every day come what may. any player who thinks this is not worth making a point of is either rich or stupid. so if you dont have a lot of money and disagree with what is being said take a look in the mirror and think, 18 said im stupid. thanks
    Posted by 18AND5TIME
    That only applies to SnG/MTT players.

Cash players get £333 for 10,000 points.

SnG and MTT players got almost DOUBLE the poker points that cash players did for a very long time for paying the EXACT same amount of rake.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : That only applies to SnG/MTT players. Cash players get £333 for 10,000 points. SnG and MTT players got almost DOUBLE the poker points that cash players did for a very long time for paying the EXACT same amount of rake.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I'd rather pay the lower rake that cash players get than the increased points because the same stake by cash and sng/mtt players is cheaper for cash players (including the value of any points)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : That only applies to SnG/MTT players. Cash players get £333 for 10,000 points. SnG and MTT players got almost DOUBLE the poker points that cash players did for a very long time for paying the EXACT same amount of rake.
    Posted by Lambert180
    why hijack this post to fight for cash rake to be more, i am not making this a seperate issue, the issue i am making is to the new system as a whole, if you had a problem with the rake on cash b4 now it should have been addressed in a post of its own, all as im saying is the new points system stinks for regular grinders
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by Lambert180
    i assume that would be the max you could expect since it turns to rakeback %. i'd imagine any extra points earned thru happy hours and early bird wouldnt count as they are rake free extra points, so your figure could start dropping depending on when you play. of course this hasnt been confirmed by sky but could they clear that up?