You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Rewards

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I resepct the fact skys a business and is there to make money as are we all but why cant the site just give the players a WARNING when things are going to change and affect them. Its a job for some of us and your are basically giving us a wage cut without warning or notice.

Im very irked off at this one and probably wont play again on sky till these new rewards are actually announced and feel it beneficial to come back and play on sky.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards:
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Hi lambert, Thanks for that buddy.  All seems to be going against me at the mo.  Firstly the weighted contribution and now this. Makes me think I'm better off at my previous site.  Another £50 a week Im going to lose out on. I  can't see why sky don't want to look after the higher raking players?
    Posted by Donttelmum

because they only play here because of other players. use your noggin.
  • edited April 2013
    Are points gunna be made same for cash and sngs? Cant see how they can see how much rake youve paid if you play both? Maybe ive just got my daft hat on not rly bothered watching nit grinders moan tho (y)
  • edited April 2013
    I resepct the fact skys a business and is there to make money as are we all but why cant the site just give the players a WARNING when things are going to change and affect them. Its a job for some of us and your are basically giving us a wage cut without warning or notice. Im very irked off at this one and probably wont play again on sky till these new rewards are actually announced and feel it beneficial to come back and play on sky.
    Posted by Nutter5932
    The current C4P's system will remain until the end of this month. Four weeks isn't a long time, I know.
  • edited April 2013
    The other players are already here and they will continue to arrive if sky keep promoting the site.  New/recreational players don't look at their % rb before signing up.

Noggin used.
  • edited April 2013
    I resepct the fact skys a business and is there to make money as are we all but why cant the site just give the players a WARNING when things are going to change and affect them. Its a job for some of us and your are basically giving us a wage cut without warning or notice. Im very irked off at this one and probably wont play again on sky till these new rewards are actually announced and feel it beneficial to come back and play on sky.
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Sorry you feel that way but we are telling people about this almost a month in advance and being open about it. We always try to keep people informed and this forum is a key part of that.
  • edited April 2013
    Just to repeat, other offers are coming to compliment and add to this offer. Sky Poker rewards is though the foundation of various rewards and promotions we offer. Thanks for the feedback.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Can we possibly get a timescale on when other promotions related to this might be announced. Obviously Happy Hours are going to lose much of their purpose under this new system. So too Early Bird.

I'm not likely to be affected, given I ran-up about 20 points last month. I'm sure others are interested, though.
  • edited April 2013
    The other players are already here and they will continue to arrive if sky keep promoting the site.  New/recreational players don't look at their % rb before signing up. Noggin used.
    Posted by Donttelmum

hi ajs, new account?

you literally are clueless about poker and the poker economy. 

you do deserve free money though obviosly.
  • edited April 2013
    I  can't see why sky don't want to look after the higher raking players?
    They do. Just a little bit less then they did before.

The "higher raking players" still get a pretty nice deal.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Hi lambert, Thanks for that buddy.  All seems to be going against me at the mo.  Firstly the weighted contribution and now this. Makes me think I'm better off at my previous site.  Another £50 a week Im going to lose out on. I  can't see why sky don't want to look after the higher raking players?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    We genuinely do care and try to be open about it, it wouldn't suit you or us if we didn't.

Higer raking customers will still get better rewards and remember this is not all we offer in terms of value to our customers.
  • edited April 2013
    Heres my perspective on this as many of you know I have been a regular on the site basically since it started former member of TSP and priority member and mainly a DYM grinder and MTT player recently I  have been slowly playing more and 9 tabling up to the £10 level with a view to building back up to priority level and a minimum of £280 under C4P.
    With the new system I would get £200.
    Being a shift worker and regular live player I mainly play during the day so havent played a lot of the nightly MTTs and therefore wont be able to play these `extra` benefit special MTTS ie priority and rewards freerolls or whatever.
    Generally the edge on higher DYMs is lower than previously due to regs and generally higher standards so the real money loss on a break even month is significant ie £280 to £200.
    So to be honest DYM grinders most of whom play evening MTTs also will look elswhere as playing those volumes on other sites would generate 30% rakeback minimum.
    In my opinion this is a massive own goal from sky and risks losing a very large number of regular players so that the low volume players who are not loyal to the site and just come and go will make £4 a month instead of £3.
    Massively disappointed in this and much as I love playing on sky I dont see the point in putting in the volume so will probably be an occasional player from now.
    As a side note according to sharkscope I have paid over £9000 in rake can sky afford to lose players like myself of which there are many?
  • edited April 2013
    R.I.P Sit n Go's  x
  • ckdckd
    edited April 2013

will be losing £120 by playing the same amount of games and time if i hit the 20% rake

not really a good way to look after regs and think its time to look elsewhere 

when are these other things to even it out meant to be coming in please ?

• ckdckd
    edited April 2013
    Heres my perspective on this as many of you know I have been a regular on the site basically since it started former member of TSP and priority member and mainly a DYM grinder and MTT player recently I  have been slowly playing more and 9 tabling up to the £10 level with a view to building back up to priority level and a minimum of £280 under C4P. With the new system I would get £200. Being a shift worker and regular live player I mainly play during the day so havent played a lot of the nightly MTTs and therefore wont be able to play these `extra` benefit special MTTS ie priority and rewards freerolls or whatever. Generally the edge on higher DYMs is lower than previously due to regs and generally higher standards so the real money loss on a break even month is significant ie £280 to £200. So to be honest DYM grinders most of whom play evening MTTs also will look elswhere as playing those volumes on other sites would generate 30% rakeback minimum. In my opinion this is a massive own goal from sky and risks losing a very large number of regular players so that the low volume players who are not loyal to the site and just come and go will make £4 a month instead of £3. Massively disappointed in this and much as I love playing on sky I dont see the point in putting in the volume so will probably be an occasional player from now. As a side note according to sharkscope I have paid over £9000 in rake can sky afford to lose players like myself of which there are many?
    Posted by gixxerk4

totaly agree

really is no point putting in the time anymore just to get a lot less for it and think sky will be stuck with alot more people who play now and then than having a site with alot of regs on it that keeps the site ticking over 

• edited April 2013
    On a related point, why is there an area of the forum called "Sky Poker Announcements" yet things like this never get "announced" there?
  • edited April 2013
    It's almost like some of you chaps think that rakeback/C4P is the only way to make money in poker...
  • ckdckd
    edited April 2013

AND FOR THAT RESON ALOT OF PEOPLE WILL BE OUT 

LOL

• edited April 2013
    On a related point, why is there an area of the forum called "Sky Poker Announcements" yet things like this never get "announced" there?
    Posted by FCHD
    Fair point, we could use this more.
  • edited April 2013
    It's almost like some of you chaps think that rakeback/C4P is the only way to make money in poker...
    Posted by jimmynoleg

not sure if serious
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by FCHD
    Spot on FCHD why sky ? and why do we have a community suggestions section when sky never respond. 
  • edited April 2013
    To add to my above post the rake on DYM games with 5 min blinds is 10%or higher below £3 level these are classed as turbos on a certain big site and rake is 5% so if I played the same volume as I did on sky and broke even then my profit would be significantly more due to reduced rake which makes the new system even less appealing and the main reason I have stayed with sky was the decent rakeback ,the community spirit getting to know and meet the regs at SPT events railling the guys in vegas etc etc but without the decent rakeback these things no longer matter im afraid
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : hi ajs, new account? you literally are clueless about poker and the poker economy.  you do deserve free money though obviosly.
    Posted by beaneh
    lmao
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by jimmynoleg
    :)

To be fair, if I was playing professionally or semi-professionally, rakeback would probably be very important to me, too. However, I think you have to acknowledge how precarious it is to rely on such things. If you want to make your money from poker, you should be able to earn enough by "beating the game" and view rakeback as a bonus or safety net in bad months.

Maybe I'm not talking much sense. It doesn't seem as though cash grinders will be too much worse off to me (compared to SNG/MTT grinders). However I agree that this isn't good news for as many as it is bad news. The little fellas (like me) won't notice too much difference in their earnings/losses.
  • edited April 2013
    As a micro stakes player, who hovers around 450-550 points per month, this is great news. Sorry guys, selfish I know, but I am delighted. 
  • edited April 2013
    Scrap it all and bring back playing through telly

++++ev
  • edited April 2013
    Scrap it all and bring back playing through telly ++++ev
    Posted by ajs4385
    Ha, not likely to happen in the short term though. Sorry :)
  • edited April 2013
    what if any repercussions will this have on happy hour, early bird or just the points system itself ( by this i mean the poiints per £raked as its not equal across the board)?
  • edited April 2013
    what if any repercussions will this have on happy hour, early bird or just the points system itself ( by this i mean the poiints per £raked as its not equal across the board)?
    Posted by TINTIN
    Good question. We're constantly looking at these things.

Nothing is changing immediately though, we're making the rewards change intially and have a few other exciting things planned.
  • edited April 2013

my last month on sky then.. as i regular dym player it wont be worth playing anymore.. its been a good 3 years..

• edited April 2013
    This is a bit pearl and dean(y), you can please some of the people some of the time BUT not all of the people all of the time!! 
    it sounds ok for micro players who play as a recreational player but for solid grinders at this level ie TINTIN and a few others who also risk more money by multi tabling it seems a little harsh, solid regs at the higher levels seem to be getting a rum deal, a REWARD SYSTEM SHOULD MEAN JUST THAT so changing it and people losing out does as i said seem harsh, THEY MAY TAKE MY MONEY BUT SKY dont risk losing players like DONTELMUM and LUDACRIS and others by reducing their hard earned!