You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Rewards

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Sky should bring those "beginners tables" :-)
  • edited April 2013
    Most non regs dont realise sky take rake.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards:
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Because they will be very popular with customers, especially "fish", or 'recreational players'. What Sky lose in rake, they save in rakeback.  Market it properly it would work v well imo.  Before, when ppl needed 500 points to make rakeback, sky wud lose out on a few quid, because they were taking rake from some players and not having to give any back (people who make <500) but not now that everyone qualifies.  Note I'm suggesting lower rake tables, not rake-free tables. It's literally pennies, but as a USP it's huge. Why wud any non-grinder play a normal table when these r available? :D 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    The difference between normally raked, and rake minus points value, would be so negligible that, for anyone who bothered to work it out, it would hardly be worth worrying about.

Obviously, it could be that people would play these games, thinking it is better value than it really is.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : The difference between normally raked, and rake minus points value, would be so negligible that, for anyone who bothered to work it out, it would hardly be worth worrying about. Obviously, it could be that people would play these games, thinking it is better value than it really is.
    Posted by jakally
    Yah, this is what I'm getting at....ish....

Not trying to con people, they are saving money. The 'house' takes less off them.

It's better value for these/(us) non-rakeback orientated players (most people) to play these tables (if/when they are introduced), than normal tables, in more than one way. 

It is what it is, you get the same (arguably better) playing experience and it costs you less to play. 

• edited April 2013
    I personally think that introducing both turbo cash tables and ante cash tables would be an excellent way of giving the recreational player/casual player more value for money/a better experience as these tables would be less likely to be populated by 12+ tabling regs as they won't want to play in a game where they only have 5 seconds to make a decision and also be charged for folding every hand.
  • edited April 2013
    I personally think that introducing both turbo cash tables and ante cash tables would be an excellent way of giving the recreational player/casual player more value for money/a better experience as these tables would be less likely to be populated by 12+ tabling regs as they won't want to play in a game where they only have 5 seconds to make a decision and also be charged for folding every hand.
    Posted by scotty77
    +1
  • edited April 2013
    Do sky not want 12 tabling regs?
  • _G__G_
    edited April 2013
    Hi everyone

i hope i don't sound to silly, but i thought you played poker for fun, and not to lose, and make a few quid, now some of us start by trying to win a few quid and progress up the ladder, poker points don't come into it.

Now it seems to be the most important thing, you got to remember its a bonus, if you have to rely on cash for points then there something wrong, if you earn 10,20,30k points or more you must be earning a fair few quid, that's what the important thing is, point are a bonus if you get one good luck to you.

i am a micro player, don't earn enough points to get a bonus, but i still wont go chasing point, will not till i am confident enough to multi table anyway, all i do is enjoy myself and have fun.

Good luck everyone

Glen
  • edited April 2013
    Do sky not want 12 tabling regs?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    of course they do.  every poker site needs them.  its all about getting a mix of grinders/recreational players

I'm a 12-20 tbaling reg but also realise for the heatlh of the poker economy that the focus should be on making the experience a fun one for the customer.  Thats why Bounty Hunters are so popular on Sky for example.
  • edited April 2013
    Sky are taking rake in the first place, the rakeback isn't exactly something we are getting for nothing.  I pay over £4k a month in rake and over £250k since I started playing poker.  I shop around to see who is offering good deals and while they vary 30% is the least I would take.  I play to win and always have, but we all have bad months and when I do I rely on rakeback to pay the bills.  It always acted as abit of a safety net and of course Im not over the moon about getting less back but Im not going to complain about it.  I will finish this month and maybe even play next month to see what effect the change has, but after that will try another deal somewhere else.  No big deal.  My £4k a month will mean nothing to sky in the grand scheme of things.  I have played poker as a source of income for 7 years and only the last 5-6 months on sky.  There are many sites out there and some with better rb deals.  I have found that sky's community is untouchable and the tv channel and presenters are a massive plus too.  Each to their own but when playing for a living the numbers are the thing that matters.

• ckdckd
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : of course they do.  every poker site needs them.  its all about getting a mix of grinders/recreational players I'm a 12-20 tbaling reg but also realise for the heatlh of the poker economy that the focus should be on making the experience a fun one for the customer.  Thats why Bounty Hunters are so popular on Sky for example.
    Posted by scotty77
    but should sky be trying to atract the rec players at the cost of there regs ?

its easy for some to say if you dont like it go somewhere else but if alot of the every day players go somewhere else then sky will lose alot of rake and whatever money they withdraw which would not be good for sky.

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : of course they do.  every poker site needs them.  its all about getting a mix of grinders/recreational players I'm a 12-20 tbaling reg but also realise for the heatlh of the poker economy that the focus should be on making the experience a fun one for the customer.  Thats why Bounty Hunters are so popular on Sky for example.
    Posted by scotty77
    I agree Scotty and think the mix is great at the moment, don't you?  

ps I'd happily give up 100% of my rb to spend an evening a week on the sofe with Anna :-)

Keep up the good work on the tv channel, really enjoy your shows.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : but should sky be trying to atract the rec players at the cost of there regs ? its easy for some to say if you dont like it go somewhere else but if alot of the every day players go somewhere else then sky will lose alot of rake and whatever money they withdraw which would not be good for sky.
    Posted by ckd
    I agree and before 5pm 90% playing on cash tables are regs and always will be.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : I agree Scotty and think the mix is great at the moment, don't you?   ps I'd happily give up 100% of my rb to spend an evening a week on the sofe with Anna :-) Keep up the good work on the tv channel, really enjoy your shows.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    ha ha its not a bad job.

some people think that because of my position on the TV channel that clouds my judgement.  but 90pc of my income last year came from actually playing poker and not talking about it.

unlike certain grinders, I don't see poker as something to get as much money as possible in as little time as possible.  I'm in poker for the long term and want to have a healthy balance in liquity.  thats why I personally don't mind giving up a certain amount of my rakeback (which for me could easily amount to a few grand a year) in the hope that the money will get redistributed to the right kind of players.

there was this discussion recenetly on another forum about live cash games, something that is not at all related to Sky, and what I wrote about it was exactly the same.
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by scotty77
    Agree with ante tables but that's probably 6 months away minimum (realistically prob double that and then some).

Think a faster time-bar will put alot of non-regs off, it's already faster than other sites where you're allowed extra time. 
  • edited April 2013
    If you rely on rakeback to pay the bills, perhaps you are not a good enough poker player to be playing full-time? Perhaps you need to spend more time improving your game?

(Of course you are probably a million times better than me!)
  • edited April 2013
    If you rely on rakeback to pay the bills, perhaps you are not a good enough poker player to be playing full-time? Perhaps you need to spend more time improving your game? (Of course you are probably a million times better than me!)
    Posted by FCHD
    think DTM does make money every month from poker alone and does not rely on the rakeback, but your not going to win every month and he basically saying its good to have that bonus to fall back on when that bad month does come to help with the bills.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : I agree Scotty and think the mix is great at the moment, don't you?   ps I'd happily give up 100% of my rb to spend an evening a week on the sofe with Anna :-) Keep up the good work on the tv channel, really enjoy your shows.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    a whole week!? ;)
  • edited April 2013
    What sites need to do if they are genuinly bothered about the long term is to limit multitabling.

Recreational players dont want to see opponents playing 10+ tables and taking 20 seconds to fold pre flop.

It would affect short term profits of both the site and the pros. (Including myself)

888 have done this and they have actually shown growth in the site. I also believe other sites have done it too.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Not being funny MrB but didnt you leave sky 'for better sites' 12teentimes already?? Yet still you return, surely it cant be all down to the rackback!! #thingstoconsider xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    As I said in my previous post I left Sky once and that was due to the lagg problem which is better now.
    Can I also clear up I havnt said I am leaving for another site all I said is when a company does this it means your letting your customers start to look at what else is there.

Anyone who realy knows me is aware I am a big supporter of the site but then you cant win as I been accused before of defending sky so I must work from to the other end etc.

I am never looking for stupid comments or personal attack on anyone as the whole point of a community thread is to discuss and for people to express there views.

I am dissapointed sky and others will always take one part of the post and ignore the rest.

One question I and another poster asked is what is there going to be extra that is talked about. I cant belive any company would make a change that can effect some people and not have any positives they are going to offer, its no point in saying there be some great xtras if we dont have a clue what they are.

I like everyone here want Sky to grow as it grows our own roll. Someone said why dont I leave now were simples were still on current c4p till end of month so why would I.

Also of course a lot of you will say I dont mind giving a little up for the good of the site, of course if your talking about a few pounds why would you care. However for priorty players we are talking more then a couple of quid!

Would you all be happy if sky had said anyone earing less then 10,000 c4p will no longer get any bonus as we want to grow the priorty? I love to have seen how everyone reacted then I doubt it would be I dont mind if its best for the site!

• edited April 2013
    What sites need to do if they are genuinly bothered about the long term is to limit multitabling. Recreational players dont want to see opponents playing 10+ tables and taking 20 seconds to fold pre flop. It would affect short term profits of both the site and the pros. (Including myself) 888 have done this and they have actually shown growth in the site. I also believe other sites have done it too.
    Posted by ajs4385
    Can't see what limiting multitabling would achieve. I play with loads of regs who play up to 10 tables at the one time and the time the take to make decisions has never bothered me in the slightest. 

Just been on to 888 because I couldn't believe they would try to limit multitabling and from what I've read it doesn't sound like they are. In fact it sounds the complete opposite
  • edited April 2013

We genuinely do listen to all people and care about what they have to say (we pride ourselves on how close we are to you all), if we didnt want to hear people we wouldn't have a forum or take time to speak to people at the SPTs etc. Naturally, we dont always agree with everyone but that can't be helped, especially when there are differing views - we can't agree with everyone but we try to do the best by the site and our customers. It's not in our interest (or yours) for us to do so.

Again, thank you all for taking the time to post.
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by Donttelmum
    It would take more than that!

Sitting on the sofa with Anna is a money cant buy prize :)

If it was Orford, we'd charge about £5.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : As I said in my previous post I left Sky once and that was due to the lagg problem which is better now. Can I also clear up I havnt said I am leaving for another site all I said is when a company does this it means your letting your customers start to look at what else is there. Anyone who realy knows me is aware I am a big supporter of the site but then you cant win as I been accused before of defending sky so I must work from to the other end etc. I am never looking for stupid comments or personal attack on anyone as the whole point of a community thread is to discuss and for people to express there views. I am dissapointed sky and others will always take one part of the post and ignore the rest. One question I and another poster asked is what is there going to be extra that is talked about. I cant belive any company would make a change that can effect some people and not have any positives they are going to offer, its no point in saying there be some great xtras if we dont have a clue what they are. I like everyone here want Sky to grow as it grows our own roll. Someone said why dont I leave now were simples were still on current c4p till end of month so why would I. Also of course a lot of you will say I dont mind giving a little up for the good of the site, of course if your talking about a few pounds why would you care. However for priorty players we are talking more then a couple of quid! Would you all be happy if sky had said anyone earing less then 10,000 c4p will no longer get any bonus as we want to grow the priorty? I love to have seen how everyone reacted then I doubt it would be I dont mind if its best for the site!
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    Mr B,

This wouldn't make any sense though would it, in terms of helping the site grow. You help the site grow from the bottom up so the above suggestion wouldn't happen. The change that actually has happened however is a change to help the site grow.

Ryan is a perfect example of someone who regularly earns ALOT of C4P so as you say he will be losing more than just a couple of quid, but he's seeing the longer term picture of the poker economy.

Also, a couple of quid is all relative. If someone gets £3 C4P that's quite alot if you've only just deposited say £15 on the site and played with that all month. Conversely, someone getting £100 less might sound like a big difference, but if they are regular 200NL players then it's only 50xBB to them and will be a small loss for the greater good. Generally speaking, if you're a good player then a C4P payout will probably be considerably smaller than what you can expect to win in profits in a given month.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : a whole week!? ;)
    Posted by MissFowler

Don't tease me!  It's not good for my game :-)

• edited April 2013
    All fun this but as a player who aims for 2k c4p a month playing mtts at 11 quid and lower, quiet a time consuming task I may add. I've decided to cut out the £5.75 bhs because of the poor std of play and the extra 50% fee/rake than the £3.30 and £11 ones, why is this???? I have done this because my goal would now have to be 3k c4p which would be impossible, as a result I'm playing more selective games and my results after a dip have improved. So maybe other mtt players can see that this could be a blessing in deguise, I normally aim for 2k c4p and £310 profit a month, currently since this blew up Im 485 c4p and £170.50 in profit. 
    My view is less could definetly be more ;') 
    Rungood all
    Jon.
  • edited April 2013
    GaryQQQ Posts: 4495 First: 10/11/2009 Last: 4/4/2013 cant say this guy isnt loyal or deserved of some rerward
    Posted by whipit

I agree Whipit and I agree with your earlier posts and Gary's.

I play 99.9% of my poker on this site and have qualified for a bonus by topping 500 about six times in total.

I have thousands of points in my account I have accrued for reaching 300 or so points in a month and if in the future this equates to actual cash then great. And lets be honest, who will withdraw it? It will be ploughed back into Sky. It might mean a bit less for the people at the top of the food chain, but a heck of a lot of people will benefit and that cant be a bad thing from Sky's point of view?
  • edited April 2013
    All fun this but as a player who aims for 2k c4p a month playing mtts at 11 quid and lower, quiet a time consuming task I may add. I've decided to cut out the £5.75 bhs because of the poor std of play and the extra 50% fee/rake than the £3.30 and £11 ones, why is this???? I have done this because my goal would now have to be 3k c4p which would be impossible, as a result I'm playing more selective games and my results after a dip have improved. So maybe other mtt players can see that this could be a blessing in deguise, I normally aim for 2k c4p and £310 profit a month, currently since this blew up Im 485 c4p and £170.50 in profit.  My view is less could definetly be more ;')  Rungood all Jon.
    Posted by j3ono[

You want to stop playing it because the standard of play is bad that has baffled me to say the least
  • edited April 2013
    Limiting multi tabling is just lol
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards :
    All fun this but as a player who aims for 2k c4p a month playing mtts at 11 quid and lower, quiet a time consuming task I may add. I've decided to cut out the £5.75 bhs because of the poor std of play and the extra 50% fee/rake than the £3.30 and £11 ones, why is this???? I have done this because my goal would now have to be 3k c4p which would be impossible, as a result I'm playing more selective games and my results after a dip have improved. So maybe other mtt players can see that this could be a blessing in deguise, I normally aim for 2k c4p and £310 profit a month, currently since this blew up Im 485 c4p and £170.50 in profit.  My view is less could definetly be more ;')  Rungood all Jon. Posted by j3ono[ You want to stop playing it because the standard of play is bad that has baffled me to say the least
    Posted by bearlyther

haha Connor you obv aint played many of these. 3bets called by any 2, The roll cant stand the donkage ;')