You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Rewards

Comments

• edited April 2013

I would love the intoduction of a Sky Points shop, like a lot of other sites offer.
    This would give every individual the chance to choose what they wish to spend their points on whether it be merchandise, cash bonuses, reload bonuses, MTT tickets etc, etc.
     If the points could be carried over month to month you would then have the option to save for bigger rewards.

• edited April 2013
    With respect to Tommy,Scotty and Jackally   u was hardly goin to be against it was you. Dont bite the hand that feeds.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards:
    With respect to Tommy,Scotty and Jackally   u was hardly goin to be against it was you. Dont bite the hand that feeds.
    Posted by REDARROW61
    Please clarify what you mean by this Sir.  We could be talking about another site I never put a penny on and I'd still say the same about the change.  What exactly are you implying?
  • edited April 2013
    my last post on the subject, thanks for that reply sky , cash players wont be much worse off all im asking is  you can look at a way of helping us dym players has if u look is a massive drop in c4p thanks again my head is battered has im not usally a poster on here
    i think dym next month will take a big hit on the higher games so i ask all regs lets go for it this month im going for 40k points to say farwell dym r.i p
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by REDARROW61
    Those guys are welcome to say what they want and have done in the past.
  • edited April 2013
    I've been on the site 16 months I've never made 500 C4p but regularly hit 400
    I play for fun, and cash for points was supposed to reward all players for loyalty irrespective of volume!
    Its a gift not a right! I've never complained about not getting C4P but I do resent being told I am less deserving than other players on the site!
    Without players like me where would high volume players make their money?
  • edited April 2013
    Yep,  everyone has an opinion, and i expressed mine, is there a problem. i said with respect if u read,as u all can see this is generating alot of emotion on all sides.
  • edited April 2013
    I earn about 250-400 points every month and play up to £5 mtts/sngs. The bonus will help me maintain my small br, which enables me to pick from a wider range of games and structures. I like the change!
  • ckdckd
    edited April 2013

cant see how your saying it is fair for all really 

theres a big chunk in the middle that play on sky day in day out that it is making alot worse for and it really is bad 

you cant look at it as it is a bonus as its not,

as for looking at other stuff to add when will this be coming in

really do think this is just a kick in the nuts for a chunk of sky's loyal customers 
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by REDARROW61
    In reality, I have every reason to be negative about this change.
    I have graphed the new system vs old, and the only point it benefits me is if, at the end of the month, I finish between 10,000 and 11,999 points - and then only marginally.

Most of the time it will be slightly negative (-£10 - -£50), and in two areas significantly negative (16,000 to 19,999 pointsa, and 24,000 points+.
    I also play a chunk of SNG's every month, and will lose a little from the changes regarding these.

But I look at it like this.
    It's a free market. I like playing on Skypoker, but I'm not tied, or contracted to play here, and there are lots of other places to play, if I so wish.
    Therefore, why should I get upset.
    When I went to Sainsbury's last week, and my shopping cost me loads more than it normally does at Morrison's, I didn't go and rant at the manager, (or the attractive blonde girl on the till!), I just vowed not to do my shopping there again, and will go back to Morrison's this week.

I can understand the SNG players being a little bit miffed, but effectively they've been overpaid for the last 3 or 4 years (when compared to cash/MTT players), and should be happy they've made hay...etc....
    They know their choices. Up to them what they do.

• edited April 2013
    cant see how your saying it is fair for all really  theres a big chunk in the middle that play on sky day in day out that it is making alot worse for and it really is bad  you cant look at it as it is a bonus as its not, as for looking at other stuff to add when will this be coming in really do think this is just a kick in the nuts for a chunk of sky's loyal customers 
    Posted by ckd
    Naturally we disagree. We will still be rewarding loyal customers and more of them too. There will be some that get less but many more will get more.

We do feel it is fairer than it was before, taken as a whole.
  • edited April 2013
    Can I ask who is going to benefit from the new system?
    Posted by Donttelmum
     so you havent bothered to read the thread? and have zero interest for the liquidity of the site, as long as you get your extra £50 a week all is well. The change is only going to benefit 95-99% of the player pool on sky, but yeah WHO IS this going to benefit from this change :loopy:
  • edited April 2013
    Very good point (jackally) where cash is concerned it is very emotive when there are winners and losers.We all have a choice and im sure in a couple of months all will be forgotton for people that stay and play.My post was not intended to offend(apologies if it did).
  • ckdckd
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Naturally we disagree. We will still be rewarding loyal customers and more of them too. There will be some that get less but many more will get more. We do feel it is fairer than it was before, taken as a whole.
    Posted by Sky_Poker

well time will tell wont it but dont think it is fair for all and think sky has just dumped on olot of it's reg players to focus on trying to draw new player's at the cost of losing what they have 

i will focus my time on being a rec player on sky now and take the rest to somewhere else as this is what sky seem to want... a site full of rec and cash players

• edited April 2013
    Very good point (jackally) where cash is concerned it is very emotive when there are winners and losers.We all have a choice and im sure in a couple of months all will be forgotton for people that stay and play.My post was not intended to offend(apologies if it did).
    Posted by REDARROW61
    Definitely didn't offend....different points of view are healthy, and it's good to have a sensible debate about things like this.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : well time will tell wont it but dont think it is fair for all and think sky has just dumped on olot of it's reg players to focus on trying to draw new player's at the cost of losing what they have  i will focus my time on being a rec player on sky now and take the rest to somewhere else as this is what sky seem to want... a site full of rec and cash players
    Posted by ckd
    I assume from the whining your a dym player? Youve been overpaid dramatically compared to cash players for years in terms of cash-back despite paying dramtically less in rake (recieving almost double the points per pound spent in rake). Just a standard selfish thought process because your own personal gain suffers for the good of the overall game. 
  • edited April 2013
    ooOH, another dimension to the game. Sounds exciting. Bring in more players, give them more money FTW. 

Mass tablers leak more with their strategy than they make with C4P. Stop mass tabling, fix your leaks and you'll be far better off in the long run as well as a better player..
  • edited April 2013
    Think this is a good move by Sky :-), IMO the recreational players are the most loyal as I think most regs would leave Sky if a new site opened which was 3x softer (Facebook maybe lol).                                                      

Sky's main strength has always been it's community and that it's a fun/ safe place to play, it's target audience should be new and casual players and leave the pro grinders to the big site's. 
  • edited April 2013
    Of course everyone will have there own views on this. I personaly and this comes from someone who currently owns a business and have owned and run big companies in the past.

Before I would make a decision to affect my customers I be asking myself what % of my customer base will I lose to the amount I would gain.

To be fair to sky they gave the message out a long time a go that the site is a rec site and therefore its not there for the full time player. Sky for a long time has been offering one of the lowest RB in the industry anyway and most of us stay for the USP Sky does offer from the comunity to being a UK site etc

Of course someone at sky would sat down down lots of pretty graphs showing drop off rate to gain etc

Where I see the errors is for example in Priorty the email states there be new promos etc however Sky relised the cut in c4p without being ready to anounce what those are, that is that in my view is very poor planning as it would have at least given the Priorty team a comeback to use.

In the end of it every player will make there own decision but it cant be easy for most players who do reach the 10k C4P to accept a cut in rake and like any free market there are offers out ther at 30% 

This argument of for the good of everyone has no logic as if Sky were way above industry standard yes it would have a point but not when they are below to start off with. Same way when the goverment says there tax heavly high earners that never works because these people need the incentive to work that hard make those tough decisions and get the rewards.

I know sky cant come out and say look we have decided we only want the rec palyers/gamblers but in my view that is not going to help increase the site long term. We should of been aiming not just to get to vegas each yr but to have a site that helped everyone move there game along so we could get good TV coverage out there ie our best players going very deep wearing the sky logos etc showing all those uk players on rival sites sky is the place to play.

I therefore am more concerned on the direction Sky is taking this in respect of is this a site that realy wants to attract the best or just an extention of skyvegas.com

I know there are lots of you out there that love to rip apart any post I make but for once I just ask before anyone decides to make comments please read it through first what I am saying

• edited April 2013
    The biggest problem is not being addressed. The problem with all poker sites at the minute.

There are not enough players playing to have fun and spend money.

A site is no different to a shopping centre or even ebay. There needs to be a lot lot more people spending money than people trying to earn money.

At the minute the opposite is true and it is going to get worse. No matter what gimmicks sites come up with the bottom line is they need to attract people who are going to spend money month in month out.

The money in poker does not come from a magic money tree or from gimmicks like c4p, happy hours, supernova, rakeback or whatever gimmicks people are falling for at the minute. It comes from people getting their plastic out and depositing.
  • edited April 2013
    Mr Burns
    No ripping apart from me, excellent post.

Sky
    Apologies for the tone of my last 2 posts. Was bad timing for me. I had decided at the beginning of the month to make a real push this month and see what happened. After just finishing a 8 hour stint and earning 800 odd points I saw this thread.
    I didn't read through it all properly and reacted poorly.
    I'm very similar to Nin in that I really do like Sky and want to stay and in all likelihood probably will.
    However, the motivation I had to start putting in the really big months has now gone.
    Mr BUrns makes good points about the balance between inferior rake back to other sites but a much nicer place to play poker.
    For it to be reduced still further is tough to accept.
    I do think it is good that all players will now receive rake back. I just don't see why we had to change the whole structure. Surely just c4p from 1 point upwards and everything else stay the same?

• edited April 2013
    Basically all those boring nit rakeback grinders who made a living from the game from c4ps, waiting for aces and kings and coolering people are going to have to find another avenue of income.  
    Posted by bearlyther
    yes i am 1 of those nit rakeback dym grinders who make a living from c4p.. and i will sit and wait for big hands in dyms and let the people who get bored of not playing a hand for 10 mins donk themselves out.. As i said on earlier post ill be find an alternative site at end of this month.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : yes i am 1 of those nit rakeback dym grinders who make a living from c4p.. and i will sit and wait for big hands in dyms and let the people who get bored of not playing a hand for 10 mins donk themselves out.. As i said on earlier post ill be find an alternative site at end of this month.
    Posted by NAILS01197
    To be fair, I think he was referring to cash players. Not many will dispute that being tight in DYMs is good.
  • edited April 2013
    As AJS said, without sounding harsh, sites continue to function through serial depositors and nothing else. There are people (I'm not having a go at them), who through their own skill who have probably not deposited a penny on the site for years and have done nothing but withdraw. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but the only way this can continue is if others continually pump 'new' money into the site, so anything that encourages people to do this is great.
  • edited April 2013

Of course we're repeating ourselves but just to reiterate - we feel that Sky Poker rewards, combined with the many other things we offer makes Sky Poker good value. We will be offering additional promotions to add more value from our familiar favourites to some new ideas we are discussing. Priority will get more on top of this too.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited April 2013
    Of course we're repeating ourselves but just to reiterate - we feel that Sky Poker rewards, combined with the many other things we offer makes Sky Poker good value. We will be offering additional promotions to add more value from our familiar favourites to some new ideas we are discussing. Priority will get more on top of this too. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    But that was my point before why would you do a whole new c4p system knowing it will cause some players to be upset and not have your new promos ready to relise at same time as a softner. There is no logic to that but sorry to say very poor managment by someone.

Its no differnce to a company saying here pay more but watch this space some exciting new developments untill something is real it means nothing and customer shops somewhere else
  • edited April 2013
    Jac, this change doesn't come in until next month, so no reason to stop your C4P push this month.
  • edited April 2013
    Of course everyone will have there own views on this. I personaly and this comes from someone who currently owns a business and have owned and run big companies in the past. Before I would make a decision to affect my customers I be asking myself what % of my customer base will I lose to the amount I would gain. To be fair to sky they gave the message out a long time a go that the site is a rec site and therefore its not there for the full time player. Sky for a long time has been offering one of the lowest RB in the industry anyway and most of us stay for the USP Sky does offer from the comunity to being a UK site etc Of course someone at sky would sat down down lots of pretty graphs showing drop off rate to gain etc Where I see the errors is for example in Priorty the email states there be new promos etc however Sky relised the cut in c4p without being ready to anounce what those are, that is that in my view is very poor planning as it would have at least given the Priorty team a comeback to use. In the end of it every player will make there own decision but it cant be easy for most players who do reach the 10k C4P to accept a cut in rake and like any free market there are offers out ther at 30%  This argument of for the good of everyone has no logic as if Sky were way above industry standard yes it would have a point but not when they are below to start off with. Same way when the goverment says there tax heavly high earners that never works because these people need the incentive to work that hard make those tough decisions and get the rewards. I know sky cant come out and say look we have decided we only want the rec palyers/gamblers but in my view that is not going to help increase the site long term. We should of been aiming not just to get to vegas each yr but to have a site that helped everyone move there game along so we could get good TV coverage out there ie our best players going very deep wearing the sky logos etc showing all those uk players on rival sites sky is the place to play. I therefore am more concerned on the direction Sky is taking this in respect of is this a site that realy wants to attract the best or just an extention of skyvegas.com I know there are lots of you out there that love to rip apart any post I make but for once I just ask before anyone decides to make comments please read it through first what I am saying
    Posted by MRBURNS4

Great post!

• edited April 2013
    A lot of the focus in this thread seems to be about keeping 'the bottom of the pyramid' happy.  Out of interest...when did 'the bottom of the pyramid' become unhappy? 

I have played on Sky for several years but last night there was over 5000 people logged in and over 3000 sitting (according to the Sky software).  This is far far far more players than other times in the history of Skypoker.  There were genuninely several years where you were lucky if ~1000 players logged in.

There is definitely a higher number of 'regs' but I have never seen the games have so many players. The standard on Sky has definitely risen but it is not comparable to similar levels on the bigger sites.  The number of 'regs' has increased but so has the number of 'recs'.  Sky has progressed year on year and with it comes both positives and negatives

I think Sky have definitely realised that they need to keep all players happy but there are so so so so many (some already named in this thread) changes that should be prioritised ahead of changing the points system.  Just seems like a change designed to say "we care about the lower volume/stakes players" without actually putting in the effort required to make the changes that would really matter.  I have no real criticism of the changes to the points system, I've never made priority so doubt it will make much difference to myself.  I doubt it will make a noticeable difference to anyone at all.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : I assume from the whining your a dym player? Youve been overpaid dramatically compared to cash players for years in terms of cash-back despite paying dramtically less in rake (recieving almost double the points per pound spent in rake). Just a standard selfish thought process because your own personal gain suffers for the good of the overall game. 
    Posted by hurst05
    Genuine question and really dont want to start an arguement but is the above not outweighed by cash players having to pay 7.5%/5% rake compared to 10% for sng players? to get £1 in rake the sng player has to stake £10 whereas the cash player has staked £13 (using the 7.5% rake %). I understand the volatility of cash games and that cash players are involved in lots of pots that get raked continually in the same space of time that a sng player has only been raked once. But on the same hand those extra pots they are involved in also have the potential for greater gains and generate extra points that sng players cannot get and then there's also promotions to consider.

Example both type of players stake £10:

Cash player pays rake of £0.75 and gets 4.5 pts (6.75 if during happy hour or early bird)
    SNG player pays rake of £1 and gets 10 pts.

Assuming, for this process, poker points are worth 2p it has cost the cash player £10.66 (or £10.60 if using a promo) but it has cost the sng player £10.80 for the same stake.
    Just to note not until c4p's are paid at 4.5p per point does the cost to both players become equal.

I've played 441 games at the £5 dym level if the rake was reduced to 7.5% i would be £55 better off in terms of actual winnings. I got £24 from c4p's last month. So i'd happily do without c4p's (or the new system) entirely if the rake was reduced to 7.5%.

Hope that all makes sense lol