You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Rewards

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards:
    If you want to make the place better and ensure long term future of the game 1) limit multi tabling to 6 tables at very most 2) scrap all forms of rakeback 3) ban all forms of 3rd party software 4) bring back play through tv 5) stop abusing limpers on 861 6) invest in atttracting limpers,losers,fish,gamblers, whatever you want to call them.
    Posted by ajs4385
    +1

also scrap HU
  • edited April 2013
    BRING BACK THE 30p DYMS!!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Why not come and sit then?  I'll bet everything I have I've made more buy ins than you this year.   Always a keyboard warrior out there!  Does folding all the time mean you become a winning player?  Wasn't like that when i played.  Take your money....did I?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    I play a higher level than you. You may well have, considering I put in almost zero volume and actually enjoy my life... I don't think I've played more than a handful of hands with you... All of which you folded pre flop.

I only replied to your message because it was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. I have no idea how so many regs can be so utterly delusional and brain dead. Considering you all managed to learn the hand rankings and how to beat this game - albeit by folding lots waiting for a set and check raising...

If you'd rather keep the extra £50 a week bonus and watch the games get even worse than they are now then fair enough. But you won't beat them much longer. You already have to grind 10/20nl for 15 hours a day to squeeze what little else you can from the game... Time to question what is more important... £50 a week bonus ... or potentially far more because of the positive effect on the games. 
  • edited April 2013
    TommyD summed it up pretty much perfectly in his paragraph about the C4P being a bonus, not a wage.

The players on here, and other sites, that look at their C4P going up rather than their bankroll are what is wrong with poker. For those that don't see it that way and are playing this game for a living, I mean, come on. What Sky is introducing is going to make the games, probably for all levels, better. If you are a profitable player then you should all be rubbing your hands together at this news. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : I play a higher level than you. You may well have, considering I put in almost zero volume and actually enjoy my life... I don't think I've played more than a handful of hands with you... All of which you folded pre flop. I only replied to your message because it was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. I have no idea how so many regs can be so utterly delusional and brain dead. Considering you all managed to learn the hand rankings and how to beat this game - albeit by folding lots waiting for a set and check raising... If you'd rather keep the extra £50 a week bonus and watch the games get even worse than they are now then fair enough. But you won't beat them much longer. You already have to grind 10/20nl for 15 hours a day to squeeze what little else you can from the game... Time to question what is more important... £50 a week bonus ... or potentially far more because of the positive effect on the games. 
    Posted by pryce6
    Yup, warrior. I enjoy my life which involves playing poker.  Does everyone have to play the same style?  If you've only played a handful of hands against me how do you know how I play?  Which regs are delusional and brain dead?  I don't think the games are bad, I happen to think they are great.  What makes you say the games are bad?

• edited April 2013
    I can understand why high volume regs aren't going to be happy to lose a little of their monthly bonus under the new scheme, who wouldn't be. But you guys need to realise that you're at the top of a pyramid that is supported by low volume/low stakes recreational players and newbies at the bottom.

When that bottom tier starts to decline it affects the whole pyramid, everybody will suffer including those at the top. In my opinion shifting the balance a little in favour of the grass-roots players leisure players will be to the benefit of the whole poker eco-system, including those at the top. You can't quantify it, but if these changes encourage a decent boost in business at the low end, say people who earn 100-1,000 points per month, that means more money will trickle up to those at the top.

Some people you need to look at the bigger picture. Bending over backwards to keep high volume grinders happy at the expense of the other 99% of the player pool is little more than fools gold.
  • edited April 2013
    TommyD wins this thread. So many poker players are shortsighted in their outlook for the games.  I would far rather the money be redistributed from winning/break even regs who make their money from RB to exciting promotions for new players, recreational players or reactivating old accounts. And like many people in this thread, this looks like something where my average rake back payment will decrease slightly but I'm okay with that.

It's all swings and roundabouts really.  IF there were a situation where a number of regs decided to leave the site, it would mean that the games then turned into better games which would then attract either new regs from other sites or the old regs would return.  

This is an issue facing all poker sites and I'm glad that sky are being proactive in dealing with it.  Keeping things fresh and new is good and I look forward to hearing the new promotions coming in the future.
  • edited April 2013
    Can I ask who is going to benefit from the new system?

• edited April 2013
    I mean initially.
  • edited April 2013
    Recreational players who regularly earn 100-499 points every month and never get a penny rakeback?

People who earn 500-999 who usually get 0.8p per point and now get 1p per point.

Cba writing that down for each level, but the players who get slightly more pence per point than they normally would.

And by the sounds of this thread, a few people are gonna benefit from softer games when all these regs move to other sites ;)
  • edited April 2013
    Recreational players who regularly earn 100-499 points every month and never get a penny rakeback? People who earn 500-999 who usually get 0.8p per point and now get 1p per point. Cba writing that down for each level, but the players who get slightly more pence per point than they normally would. And by the sounds of this thread, a few people are gonna benefit from softer games when all these regs move to other sites ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    thats why i changed it!
  • edited April 2013
    had a check over this from my own point of view.

I play DYMs almost exclusively and for March I earned just over 2000 points at 1.2p a point. Therefore the new system will give me 1.5p a point until I reach 7000 points. So I'm better off under the new system!!

After 7000 points however, under the new system I'll get 2p per point but under the old system I would have got 2.2p per point. As you get further past the 7000 points the differential gets worse and worse. i.e. 19999 points would now pay £400 under the new system compared to £680 (or £800 under priority +3 months) under the old system. That's the equivalent of 34% (or 40% priority+3) vs 20%. Thats a hell of a cut. 

This got me thinking has this been introduced in response to the resizeable table functionality coming in?

I'll use my game as an example, my next move up would be from £5 tables to £10 tables and therefore my points could/should double to 4000 if i maintain the same volume. If i was then able to multi-table these at 4 at a time instead of two using the resizeable tables update then in theory my points would jump to 8000 points putting me into the worse off category i.e. above 7000 points.

That's just using my game as an example and im sure there's many more DYM grinders who are a lot closer, if not already above, this 7000 points than I am.

From my calculations you get the same return for your rake right the way up to 19999. There is no incentive now to push past any boundary until 20,000 points. Using some examples:

5k  points    -    500 rake   -  2p per point   -   £100 reward  - 20% return 
    10k Points  -  1000 rake   -  20% rakeback -  £200 reward   - 20% return
    18k Points  -  1800 rake   -  20% rakeback -  £360 reward   - 20% return

So what incentive are sky giving dym players to play more once they get above this 5000 point mark - answer none!! The incentive to the player will simply be beating the game itself. Sky as a business arent encouraging anyone to spend £1800 compared to £500 using the example above - surely that's just bad business?!

I think the new system is good in that it encourages new players/lower stakes/lower volume players an incentive to play more but it's really going to cost those at the top end whose C4p's was a large percentage of their income. 

I'm not 100% on the figures above as i am not overly familar with priority and the higher C4P's system so if I'm wrong on any of the above please feel free to correct me.
  • edited April 2013
    i understand what your saying scotty , buts it harsh saying that losing regs will make a better game., i have played only sky poker for 15 months dropped all the bigger sites to put volume in on here , i play 400/700 dyms some months to say losing someone like me is good for sky i take personaly . i ve been around long enough to know how sites work and what they need to do in going forward and i have no problems with rewarding recs at the lower end . but the balance has shifted too much, crippling stt/mtt high volume regs the cash players wont be hurt no where near has much. i dont want to come over petty or bitter has im really not just trying to make a point from my veiw ( and i understand im in a minority of dym regs) ps can tommy d give me some english homework to work on imsure theres tons of spelling and grammy mistakes  to Re: Sky Poker Rewards:
    TommyD wins this thread. So many poker players are shortsighted in their outlook for the games.  I would far rather the money be redistributed from winning/break even regs who make their money from RB to exciting promotions for new players, recreational players or reactivating old accounts. And like many people in this thread, this looks like something where my average rake back payment will decrease slightly but I'm okay with that. It's all swings and roundabouts really.  IF there were a situation where a number of regs decided to leave the site, it would mean that the games then turned into better games which would then attract either new regs from other sites or the old regs would return.   This is an issue facing all poker sites and I'm glad that sky are being proactive in dealing with it.  Keeping things fresh and new is good and I look forward to hearing the new promotions coming in the future.
    Posted by scotty77
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Although it has changed a bit, there is still an incentive there, moving up still increases the rate at which you earn points and increases the bonus you earn.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    how? above 5k points you earn 20% as a dym player if you earn 18000 points you still only get 20%. so yes there is an incentive but no extra incentive.

Whats the incentive to go for priority? faster payments, early payouts and the odd freeroll? hardly very enticing is it. 
  • edited April 2013
    I cannot comment on the higher end of the scale but it is nice to see sky reward the lower levels.

those players who play every night in a £5 or £10 tournament will now get something back.

31 days playing several micro stakes tournament in the past would see no reward and with many people in the current economy struggling to make funds avaliable this is a nice change for those loyal players.

If i was to go to the pub and buy 3 pints of beer every day for a month (3.30 per pint where i live) I would hope the landlord would once a month turn to me and say "dont worry thisones on me"

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : how? above 5k points you earn 20% as a dym player if you earn 18000 points you still only get 20%. so yes there is an incentive but no extra incentive. Whats the incentive to go for priority? faster payments, early payouts and the odd freeroll? hardly very enticing is it. 
    Posted by jdsallstar
    There are still tiers (albeit simplifying this makes the gaps a bit wider) but the main thing is that you obviously get a bigger bonus the more you earn points. Plus there genuinely are other good priority promotions on top of this.
  • edited April 2013
    I cannot comment on the higher end of the scale but it is nice to see sky reward the lower levels. those players who play every night in a £5 or £10 tournament will now get something back. 31 days playing several micro stakes tournament in the past would see no reward and with many people in the current economy struggling to make funds avaliable this is a nice change for those loyal players. If i was to go to the pub and buy 3 pints of beer every day for a month (3.30 per pint where i live) I would hope the landlord would once a month turn to me and say "dont worry thisones on me"
    Posted by whipit
    Thanks whipit.
  • edited April 2013
    Can I ask who is going to benefit from the new system?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Me, my other half, and virtually all the players in the same games as us. I'd also suggest at least 90% of all other players on the site will benefit. 

Last month I earned ~300 points. Under the C4P system that gets me zero, Rewards will give me £3.00.

My partner has been playing recreationally on Sky for 3.5 years, she earns 200/300 points per month and has never had a penny in C4P, now she will qualify for a reward every month. 

Sky Poker Rewards is going to be a great marketing tool to attract and retain new players and recreational players who maybe opt to to play elsewhere at the moment. Surely an influx of these types would be good news for everybody here, including the Priority members at the top of the pyramid?

I have no access to any figures, but I'd suggest there are at least 100x as many players in the 100-500 point per month band earning nothing as there are players achieving Priority status.

Good luck to those leaving. You're going to need it at the sites invested with full-time rakeback grinders roboticly playing 20 tables each while armed with their HUDs and other software tools.
  • edited April 2013
    First: 10/11/2009
    Last: 4/4/2013

cant say this guy isnt loyal or deserved of some rerward

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : There are still tiers (albeit simplifying this makes the gaps a bit wider) but the main thing is that you obviously get a bigger bonus the more you earn points. Plus there genuinely are other good priority promotions on top of this.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    a bit wider?! lol 15k points i wouldnt describe as "a bit". So to earn 5000 points you have to stake £5.5k (£500 in rake to sky) and to earn 20k points you have to stake £22k (£2k in rake to sky).

£16.5k (£22k - £5.5k) a month is not "a bit" in anyones money.

I dont really know enough about priority to comment on whether the other promotions are genuinely worth going for. On paper reading them they dont really appeal to me at all and the big appeal/incentive of going for priority was the increased C4P's.

As I said before I'm no where near priority or even close to the 7k points were i begin to lose out in the old vs new systems so this is really other peoples fight but thanks for the replies in any case.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Me, my other half, and virtually all the players in the same games as us. I'd also suggest at least 90% of all other players on the site will benefit.  Last month I earned ~300 points. Under the C4P system that gets me zero, Rewards will give me £3.00. My partner has been playing recreationally on Sky for 3.5 years, she earns 200/300 points per month and has never had a penny in C4P, now she will qualify for a reward every month.  Sky Poker Rewards is going to be a great marketing tool to aim at new players and recreational players who maybe opt to to play elsewhere at the moment. Surely an influx of these types is good news for everybody here, including the Priority members at the top of the pyramid? I have no access to any figures, but I'd suggest there are at least 100x as many players in the 100-500 point per month band earning nothing as there are players achieving Priority status. Good luck to those leaving. You're going to need at the sites invested with full-time rakeback grinders roboticly playing 20 tables each with their HUDs and other software tools.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Well said Gary
    As usual the voice of reason.
    Nice one :-)
  • edited April 2013
    As we have seen in the past, there are going to be some examples of people getting more and some less. But overall, as some have already pointed out, it will benefit many more players. We're naturally are trying to balance lots of things to make it accessible to many, keeping it simpler to understand and recognising / rewarding loyal customers too. Far more people will get a bonus than did previously. Also, do remember that other rewards and promotions will be coming on top of this so this is not all the value that will be available at Sky Poker.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    These "other" rewards & promotions will they be like the Golden Ticket, Kings of Cash & Sit & Go Champs or will they require points like Freeroll Festival and such?Because under new system unless you have a large stockpile of points you can only keep a max of 99 points per month(probably less,when you are close to a jump you will go for it).So new players or those who have used there's up previously might have to choose between rewards & promotions or getting c4p's payment.
  • edited April 2013
    TommyD summed it up pretty much perfectly in his paragraph about the C4P being a bonus, not a wage. The players on here, and other sites, that look at their C4P going up rather than their bankroll are what is wrong with poker. For those that don't see it that way and are playing this game for a living, I mean, come on. What Sky is introducing is going to make the games, probably for all levels, better. If you are a profitable player then you should all be rubbing your hands together at this news. 
    Posted by jimmynoleg
    +1 to this.

• edited April 2013
    this is abetter system for most players agreed however it cripples dym high volume regs like ive stated before . but im getting annoyed how skypoker on this forum is saying thanks to all players who like it i.e low volume players , like i said before i agree with it and they deserve there cut . but its rude just to ignore players like me who put in at least 7hrs plus a day. im not going to repeat previous posts about the changes but please have some respect , im by no means a great player but i do manage to make a wage inc c4p and have staked over £130k since playing on sky that figure was taken from shark scope.
    again i know this looks like the stt regs are moaning but to stay we really need to know what priority is going to offer us is it correct plus 3 is gone too
    i all so feel that we are wasting our times with these post
  • edited April 2013
    the bottom line is that i like sky and want to stay playing hence my posts
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : These "other" rewards & promotions will they be like the Golden Ticket, Kings of Cash & Sit & Go Champs or will they require points like Freeroll Festival and such?Because under new system unless you have a large stockpile of points you can only keep a max of 99 points per month(probably less,when you are close to a jump you will go for it).So new players or those who have used there's up previously might have to choose between rewards & promotions or getting c4p's payment.
    Posted by belsibub
    Not decided yet, we have new ideas all the time and try to vary it.
  • edited April 2013
    I thought the old C4P was alright and I don't think it needed changing. Sky have changed it now, so that's that.

Correct me if I'm wrong any of you that make 100-500 points, but I'm guessing you all play for the fun, it's not about huge returns, or grinding tables, you want to play with friends/make friends and just love the game. So why not put everyone who makes 100-499 into an MTT the following month, The most rakeback you can get is £4.99, is that really going to make you come back and be a major part of keeping you on Sky? It could be a range of tournaments as well, 100 - 200 points get into a £150 freeroll, 201 - 300 could get into a £250 freeroll etc etc... Surely you would much prefer that as an option and keep the rakeback system as it was it's win/win? Sky will get extra volume from the micro players trying to get into the bigger freeroll so it's not just extra freebies being given out, they will play that little bit more to earn them... I may be way off the mark, but would be interested in what you guys thought...
  • edited April 2013
    this is abetter system for most players agreed however it cripples dym high volume regs like ive stated before . but im getting annoyed how skypoker on this forum is saying thanks to all players who like it i.e low volume players , like i said before i agree with it and they deserve there cut . but its rude just to ignore players like me who put in at least 7hrs plus a day. im not going to repeat previous posts about the changes but please have some respect , im by no means a great player but i do manage to make a wage inc c4p and have staked over £130k since playing on sky that figure was taken from shark scope. again i know this looks like the stt regs are moaning but to stay we really need to know what priority is going to offer us is it correct plus 3 is gone too i all so feel that we are wasting our times with these post
    Posted by nin777
    We really do welcome all opinions and don't ignore anyone. We've read all the posts on this thread with interest. It's one of the reasons for this forum and we genuinely believe we listen to our players more than most (if not all) other poker sites.

We genuinely believe this is a clearer, fairer and more wide reaching offer. It still rewards higher volume players more whilst involving many others who hadn't previously been able to take advanctage of it.

Thanks for taking the time to post.
  • edited April 2013
    the bottom line is that i like sky and want to stay playing hence my posts
    Posted by nin777
    Good to hear, thank you.
  • edited April 2013
    I thought the old C4P was alright and I don't think it needed changing. Sky have changed it now, so that's that. Correct me if I'm wrong any of you that make 100-500 points, but I'm guessing you all play for the fun, it's not about huge returns, or grinding tables, you want to play with friends/make friends and just love the game. So why not put everyone who makes 100-499 into an MTT the following month, The most rakeback you can get is £4.99, is that really going to make you come back and be a major part of keeping you on Sky? It could be a range of tournaments as well, 100 - 200 points get into a £150 freeroll, 201 - 300 could get into a £250 freeroll etc etc... Surely you would much prefer that as an option and keep the rakeback system as it was it's win/win? Sky will get extra volume from the micro players trying to get into the bigger freeroll so it's not just extra freebies being given out, they will play that little bit more to earn them... I may be way off the mark, but would be interested in what you guys thought...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    We did consider this option but with the cash thought it would give them more flexibility to spend it on what they want, when they want it. £4 or £5 gives people at that level a few free games or perhaps a chance to satellite into a bigger event with it.