You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Rewards

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards:
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : I'd rather pay the lower rake that cash players get than the increased points because the same stake by cash and sng/mtt players is cheaper for cash players (including the value of any points)
    Posted by jdsallstar
    SnG players weren't earning more points because they were paying more rake though. I did the calcs and I think they're on the first page of this thread (could be wrong tho)

Old system, SnG player gets 10,000 points and earns £280 rakeback. They're getting 10 points per £1 so have given Sky £1000 rake so are getting 28% back.

Cash player, gets 10,000 points and earns £280 rakeback. They're getting 6 points per £1 so have given Sky £1666 rake, so are getting 16.8% rakeback,
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : i assume that would be the max you could expect since it turns to rakeback %. i'd imagine any extra points earned thru happy hours and early bird wouldnt count as they are rake free extra points, so your figure could start dropping depending on when you play. of course this hasnt been confirmed by sky but could they clear that up?
    Posted by TINTIN
    Very good point TinTin, that's something that hadn't crossed my mind. Would be good to get clarification on this point.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : SnG players weren't earning more points because they were paying more rake though. I did the calcs and I think they're on the first page of this thread (could be wrong tho) Old system, SnG player gets 10,000 points and earns £280 rakeback. They're getting 10 points per £1 so have given Sky £1000 rake so are getting 28% back. Cash player, gets 10,000 points and earns £280 rakeback. They're getting 6 points per £1 so have given Sky £1666 rake, so are getting 16.8% rakeback,
    Posted by Lambert180
    Rakeback/points is insignificant compared to rake percentage though. I worked it out on pg 7 or 8 that points would have to be paid at 4.5p per point before the stakes cost both types of players the same. Anything lower than this and the cash player is better off
  • edited April 2013

Fair point, any additional reward of points like happy hour, early bird etc effectively adds to your rewards (by giving you more points).
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : why hijack this post to fight for cash rake to be more, i am not making this a seperate issue, the issue i am making is to the new system as a whole, if you had a problem with the rake on cash b4 now it should have been addressed in a post of its own, all as im saying is the new points system stinks for regular grinders
    Posted by 18AND5TIME
    I didn't mean to hi-jack your post and I'm certainly not wanting them to rake cash more, I'm just stating how it was under the old system and it was much better for SnG/MTT players than cash ones for a long time.

Ultimately, they are gonna be paying out more C4P to all the people who would regularly not quite make enough to get 500 points and so this needs to be re-couped from somewhere. Personally, I'm not rich or stupid but I am not dead against the change either.

This system will almost definitely see me getting a bit less C4P than I used to (not by much tbf because I don't usually earn loads) but if it helps build the site then it can only be good. Sky is a business and I'm sure it would never implement something which would negatively affect the business (certainly not intentionally). They've done this for the better of the site which can only be good, and I'm happily sacrafice a small amount of my free bonus if it meant the games are better.

I'm also a firm believer that people should concentrate on beating the game and that should always come first.
  • edited April 2013
    yes, the payout was £280, but at the same time, back then, sky seemed to want to reward the players that where on everyday, they paid us more and if you got to 10,000 points they added a 25% bonus
  • edited April 2013
    Do you realy think people who doent earn 500 c4p that will now get £1 or £2 bonus will improve the site, if so how?

I cant see that someone who never makes 500 points will suddenly make a couple of pounds will be telling all their friends to play on Sky or can even be used as a marketing ploy?

I dont see this leading to higer numbers. The other way of looking at it is, we will only get better and bigger mtts if were are attracting players that grind as there the ones who bring money to the site. The player who only makes a few hundred c4p is hardly contributing  any rake for the site and in reality I never seen a posting from these people complaining they dont get c4p
  • edited April 2013
    Do you realy think people who doent earn 500 c4p that will now get £1 or £2 bonus will improve the site, if so how? I cant see that someone who never makes 500 points will suddenly make a couple of pounds will be telling all their friends to play on Sky or can even be used as a marketing ploy? I dont see this leading to higer numbers. The other way of looking at it is, we will only get better and bigger mtts if were are attracting players that grind as there the ones who bring money to the site. The player who only makes a few hundred c4p is hardly contributing  any rake for the site and in reality I never seen a posting from these people complaining they dont get c4p
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    I think starting the bonuses from 100 points and up will be good for the site. It may not be a huge bonus in terms of actual gain but its nearly a subconcious thing i think that players have in the back of their mind-the more I play the more I get back! Suppose it works the same way nectar cards etc work-they don't give much of a return but they encourage brand loyalty and increased spending
  • edited April 2013
    Well there was a recent thread in the community suggestions section from someone saying that it's not fair that they play regularly, most days of the week, but because they play such small stakes they never earn 500 points.

As others have said, the poker economy is like a pyramid and it needs these players to function. Say there are 1000 players who now get £3 a month, they wouldn't normally have got, these people all slowly lose thatn £3000 @ 4NL tables to better players. These players try and play some 10NL and lose that £3000 to the better players, who then play 20/30NL and lose it to the better players, who then play 50NL and lose it to the better players and so on.

I've said this before on the thread and I mean no offence to anyone (I'm also someone who doesn't deposit ever) but the top players on the site will never deposit a penny on the site because they don't need to, so technically these are the people that contribute nothing. Yes they pay rake but ultimately a site is finished if there is more money being withdrawn than there is being deposited. The entire sites relies on the basis of people who regularly deposit, and that isn't gonna be the top winning players, so where do you want it to come from?

They are contributing and will contribute more when they are given more.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : I think starting the bonuses from 100 points and up will be good for the site. It may not be a huge bonus in terms of actual gain but its nearly a subconcious thing i think that players have in the back of their mind-the more I play the more I get back! Suppose it works the same way nectar cards etc work-they don't give much of a return but they encourage brand loyalty and increased spending
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Its a fair point but in same way the players who are near priorty wont have the insentive to push, but of course if sky would have withdrawn the new player freeroll which has had no positive increase in players numbers to the site that could of been a part solution not pay for it from priorty players.

It of course will always be more difficult to take money away from people especially as unless I am wrong they are not using any of their profit to finance this
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Its a fair point but in same way the players who are near priorty wont have the insentive to push, but of course if sky would have withdrawn the new player freeroll which has had no positive increase in players numbers to the site that could of been a part solution not pay for it from priorty players. It of course will always be more difficult to take money away from people especially as unless I am wrong they are not using any of their profit to finance this
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    I totally agree that there's no incentive for players to move from level 3 to level 4 and that's why that part of the new system is clearly flawed for sng and mtt players. I think the idea in general isnt without merit though-reduce the reward at the top and increase it at the bottom. Therefore giving a bigger number of users a reward. The system should have three aims I think 1. To retain existing players 2. To attract new players and 3. To encourage players to play more often.

I think the system fails on point 3 for sngs and mtt players between level 3 and 4
  • edited April 2013
    It makes a big differance for someone starting to play poker and who deposits small amounts regular to receive someone back ie. players below 500 c4p

I really don't care if that means I receive a bit less rakeback if it means it will act as a carrot for new/micro players.

Feed the poker tree, always starts at the roots.

If your all blinkered to see this then, o my - living in a poker bubble.

If you grind SNG's, you should really be doing this on a site that offers the best rakeback against the games you can beat. If you struggle to beat the game on another site wiith better rakeback - that's not SKY's fault.

Poker players in general don't really care that poker is in a decline, which is kinda sad.

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Making such stupid comments like this shows you up for the type of person you must be. It dosent add to a discussion or add any value or benfit to the community. I will not and dont need to prove to people what I have won but then its strange I never have a go at people but when you are comftable in life you dont feel the need to. LOL BRAIN PEOPLE BRAIN So if you worked for a company for years and one day you went into work and was told your getting a pay cut with the bosses just saying no discussion thats it you would be turing round to people and saying thats fine and laughing?  You then found out they were taking on new staff and gave those people more perks then the existing staff again this would sit well with you and your turn round to the new guy sitting next to you and say" so happy for you that your getting better benfits then me" Also other comment about me looking to leave before again way out of context, it was down to the lag problem with the software which was making the site unplayable, then Sky reduced I think it was the time bar and this solved the problem.  
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    I'm the one who's making stupid comments?

My post wasn't necesserily directed at you. My point is, a lot of regs on this site would have absolutely no chance of making a decent amount of money on almost ANY other site. So with this in mind, threatening to move sites is honestly ridiculous for these "awful regs" <-- my opinion. 

Now, who's the one making a stupid comment? The guy who claims to work for sky, or the guy saying some of Sky's tournament regs are clearly delusional in their thought process. Seriously pull your finger out and see the bigger picture. 

Instead of threatening to move sites, go move to *s and chase supernova elite and lose tonnes in their mtts.
  • edited April 2013
    Do you realy think people who doent earn 500 c4p that will now get £1 or £2 bonus will improve the site, if so how? I cant see that someone who never makes 500 points will suddenly make a couple of pounds will be telling all their friends to play on Sky or can even be used as a marketing ploy? I dont see this leading to higer numbers. The other way of looking at it is, we will only get better and bigger mtts if were are attracting players that grind as there the ones who bring money to the site. The player who only makes a few hundred c4p is hardly contributing  any rake for the site and in reality I never seen a posting from these people complaining they dont get c4p
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    I dont think these guys are listening to you!!!! I agree completely but you aint gonna change sky on this m8, i'm impressed the threads lasted this long TBF
  • edited April 2013
    Basically this is good for the game as it gives depositing players more money to keep them interested in coming back. Sky wont lose the regs on this thread despite them saying they are going to leave and if they do leave they will be back in no time when they see what the games are like on sites like .com etc.  Sky is 1 of the very few juicy sites left around along with .fr and p k r why on earth would people want to leave for the sake of a few £s in rakeback.  
  • edited April 2013
    Given that there has been some, by no means all disappointment expressed at the decision to move  away from the present C4P's system, are there any thoughts as to ways it may be tweaked?
    Or could you enlighten us now as to what the new promotions may be that are to run alonside the rewards system?
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Making such stupid comments like this shows you up for the type of person you must be. It dosent add to a discussion or add any value or benfit to the community. I will not and dont need to prove to people what I have won but then its strange I never have a go at people but when you are comftable in life you dont feel the need to. LOL BRAIN PEOPLE BRAIN So if you worked for a company for years and one day you went into work and was told your getting a pay cut with the bosses just saying no discussion thats it you would be turing round to people and saying thats fine and laughing?  You then found out they were taking on new staff and gave those people more perks then the existing staff again this would sit well with you and your turn round to the new guy sitting next to you and say" so happy for you that your getting better benfits then me" Also other comment about me looking to leave before again way out of context, it was down to the lag problem with the software which was making the site unplayable, then Sky reduced I think it was the time bar and this solved the problem.  
    Posted by MRBURNS4

Not being funny MrB but didnt you leave sky 'for better sites' 12teentimes already??

Yet still you return, surely it cant be all down to the rackback!!

#thingstoconsider

xx

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Sorry but this is misleading. The offer applies the same to all. Another customer doing the same as you would get the same rewards.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    If this is the case, then why have different rake percentages on the lower DYM tables?  Obviously this is not the case.  If you are serious about equality, and encouraging new players to the site and retaining them, I would suggest that a reduction in rake at the micro DYMs might be a start.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : If this is the case, then why have different rake percentages on the lower DYM tables?  Obviously this is not the case.  If you are serious about equality, and encouraging new players to the site and retaining them, I would suggest that a reduction in rake at the micro DYMs might be a start.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Sorry but that is a different subject and one that has been discussed before.
  • edited April 2013

From my point of view this is good!

I totally understand the high stakes players that are annoyed, but in my opinion ALL players deserve to get some sort of 'bonus/reward' for regularly playing on the site.

Hopefully this will help Sky, in the long run grow?

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Sorry but that is a different subject and one that has been discussed before.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Another customer doing the same as you would get the same rewards
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Another customer doing the same as you would get the same rewards
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    They were referring to the fact that it doesn't matter whether you've been with the site 1 day or 5 years, X number of points is the same reward for everyone.

DYM rake is completely different and completely unrelated to how long a player has been with the site. Some players have been on the site for years and play 60p DYMs whereas some have been here for a day and are playing £5.50s
  • edited April 2013
    WOw people still moaning about it?Deal with it on move on. If you dont like the changes.... Bug out 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : They were referring to the fact that it doesn't matter whether you've been with the site 1 day or 5 years, X number of points is the same reward for everyone. DYM rake is completely different and completely unrelated to how long a player has been with the site. Some players have been on the site for years and play 60p DYMs whereas some have been here for a day and are playing £5.50s
    Posted by Lambert180
    I beg to differ Paul.

A Customer who is playing a £2.25 DYM gets 3points the same as a player playing a £3.30 DYM.  But the effective rake for the £2.25 is 11% under the new scheme but only 9% for the £3.30.

For example

100 games @ £2.25 = £25 rake minus £3.00 C4P = £22 effective rake 11% on the £200 stake

100 games @ £3.30 = £30 rake minus £3.00 C4P = £27 effective rake  9% on the £300 stake.

If Sky really want a fairer system, then let it be fair across the board.  The length of time that someone has been on the site has no relevence to this anomoly.

Saying that these rakes have always been thus does not mean they always have to be thus.  If Sky can change C4P rewards, then why not rake rates.  As has been stated already on this thread, recreational players are the key to the equity of the site. A site were nobody deposits is of little use. 

I refer you back to the original quote from Sky, and would say noble sentiments, but maybe a tad hypocritical.
  • edited April 2013
    People are complaining:

Why arent you giving us as much free money as you used too?

Think that bout sums it up
  • edited April 2013
    Now that there is no minimum points requirement to qualify for rakeback, what's stopping sky from introducing "low rake" cash tables?  Where we pay less rake, but don't earn any points whilst playing them? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Bump.

Why don't any sites do this?

Sky could be the first & it would be a huge USP!

Unless I've missed something?
  • edited April 2013
    I really like the suggested ideas by dohhhhhh.  would be interested in seeing them implemented.  I'll leave the other elements of the discussion.  I'm clearly naive for not realising i am subconsciously employed by Sky :)

Wonder if I'll get a p45 for leaving when they stop giving me free money
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Bump. Why don't any sites do this? Sky could be the first & it would be a huge USP! Unless I've missed something?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Why would Sky do this ?

Don't see the benefit for Sky.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards : Why would Sky do this ? Don't see the benefit for Sky.
    Posted by rancid
    Because they will be very popular with customers, especially "fish", or 'recreational players'.

What Sky lose in rake, they save in rakeback. 

Market it properly it would work v well imo. 

Before, when ppl needed 500 points to make rakeback, sky wud lose out on a few quid, because they were taking rake from some players and not having to give any back (people who make <500) but not now that everyone qualifies. 

Note I'm suggesting lower rake tables, not rake-free tables. It's literally pennies, but as a USP it's huge. Why wud any non-grinder play a normal table when these r available? :D