You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can an old dog learn new tricks?

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Just wanted to pass on my huge thanks to Tikay1 and Gerardirl for their support and advice about playing yesterdays Super Roller.  
    This is another example of the great strength of the PL08 community.
    Even though I felt out of my depth for most of the five hours last night, I managed to grind away and hang on in there past the bubble, and finished 20th, cashing for £277.78. 
    This was an amazing return for a freeroller using up some of the points earnt playing PL08, and I am very grateful to Sky for this. 
    However it wasn't as friendly, or as much fun as a £3 PL08 DYM! 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks?:
    Just wanted to pass on my huge thanks to Tikay1 and Gerardirl for their support and advice about playing yesterdays Super Roller.   This is another example of the great strength of the PL08 community. Even though I felt out of my depth for most of the five hours last night, I managed to grind away and hang on in there past the bubble, and finished 20th, cashing for £277.78.  This was an amazing return for a freeroller using up some of the points earnt playing PL08, and I am very grateful to Sky for this.  However it wasn't as friendly, or as much fun as a £3 PL08 DYM! 
    Posted by winshoes
    That post was 1 minute after my previous Post, so you may have missed it.

Don't be so humble Andrew, you must have played great.

Many congrats, on behalf of all the Ploppers.
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks for the congratulations Tikay.
    Tournament report.
    The secret of my success was that I throughout the whole evening I kept at least one £3 PL08 DYM playing at all times, to avoid the temptation to play too many hands in the main event.
    I was 69th at the first break, and I risked half my stack with a pot sized on the river and my QQQ held to leave me on approx 16,500.
    Dropped back to about 95th by the second break with a similar sized stack.
    Managed a good third hour with 3 strong hands in a row and got up to 38,000 by the third break.
    Got moved to a 5 handed table with three of the four chip leaders, and all were very aggro, and I found myself on around 25,000 chips in about 50th out of 58 remaining players, with the magical money bubble of 34th looking a long way off.
    In the 5th hour everything went mental. Ten minutes in I was in last place out the remaining 48 on 34,000 and it was checked around to the sb who doubled my bb. For the first time i went all in, and I was gutted to see he had aj not suited v my a10 not suited. However, the flop of 10104 turned my frown upside down. Then on the hand for hand play I stayed out of trouble not playing a hand, and even managed to ladder up twice through big stacks going to war with one another.
    So at 0150 I was £278 better off, and looking forward to getting back to the more familiar £3 PL08 DYM tables.

• edited September 2014

wowzer, 48th of 48 & you hung in there!

See also
    THIS

Honestly Andrew, you've made my day.

See you tonight, back in the £3ers!
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Thanks for the feedback. Definitely a sigh call - think that's the worst I have had to call with in those sort of situations - I was just relieved to see you had a hi only hand. Overall I think the standard is pretty solid on these thanks to the interest you have generated. It seems Geldy is stirring things up for the regs. Being the only LAG on a tight table can obviously be a good thing.  Definitely enjoying the PL08 - sticking to the £3s - actually on a bit of mini-streak at the moment but way too low a volume to draw any conclusions.
    Posted by Phantom66
    "New" Geldy is a revelation, as are all the other LAG's that seem to have invaded the PLO8 DYM's.

HUGE fun to play against, we never quite know what they might turn up with.

And the best part is we must play back at them on occasion, but when we do, they always seem to have it.

My poker has never been so challenging, or so much fun.
  • edited September 2014

Today's daily numbers will be a little different.

It will be in two parts.....

Part 1 - The first half of my session.

Part 2 - The whole of my session.
  • edited September 2014

28th SEPTEMBER Scores on the Doors (PART ONE)

Played 15

Won 9

Lost 6

£3.30, P 11, W 5, L 6

£5.50, P 2, W 2 L 0

£11, P 2, W 2, L 0

Opening Balance - £1,324.15

Closing Balance = £1,351.15

Profit/Loss on Night - £27.00

Profit/Loss on Month = £8.00

REWARD POINTS on night = 63

REWARD POINTS IN MONTH = 3,284 (= £49.26)

GAMES PLAYED IN MONTH = 708

GAMES WON IN MONTH = 396

SEPTEMBER WIN % = 55.9%

SEPTEMBER Profit/Loss per game = £0.01
  • edited September 2014

Excellent, easy game.

£5, P 2 W 2.

£11, P2, W2.

Won 9 out of 15.

Profit £27.

Overall loss on Month down to £8, with nearly £50 of Reward Point money still to be added in.

Most important, burst away from the £1,300 barrier, to which I had sunk from £1,400 in 2 sessions.

Leaks, what leaks?

Was never in doubt, easy game.

BOOMIO
  • edited September 2014

28th SEPTEMBER Scores on the Doors.

Played 31

Won 12

Lost 19

£3.30, P 16, W 5, L 11

£5.50, P 8, W 5 L 3

£11, P 7, W 2, L 5

Opening Balance - £1,298.85

Closing Balance = £1,270.35

Profit/Loss on Night - £28.50

Profit/Loss on Month = £63.50

REWARD POINTS on night = 158

REWARD POINTS IN MONTH = 3,379 (= £50.69)

GAMES PLAYED IN MONTH = 724

GAMES WON IN MONTH = 399

SEPTEMBER WIN % = 55.1%

SEPTEMBER Profit/Loss per game = £0.08
  • edited September 2014
  • edited September 2014

Never saw that coming!

Some "back 16" that - won THREE, lost THIRTEEN.

And having earlier won the first 2 @ £11, I then proceeded to lose FIVE IN A ROW @ £11. 

Bit of variance, bit of bad play I guess.

I planned to play on a bit, but after a right comedic purler, I decided it was not going to be my night. I should add that I took a beat in this one, but dished out a few, as always, too.

Anyway, Matey Boy & I went to war & got the lot in pre, I had decent aces, he had the pleasingly optimistic 3-3-3-2.

The flop was all high, I'm home & hosed here I thought, the turn was safe too, boomio.

I never saw the river coming though.....

• edited September 2014

No further comment M'Lord.

Onwards &, err, downwards.
  • edited September 2014
    Firstly, very well played winshoes! Excellent stuff.

Secondly, awesome stuff Mr/s. 3332! Super groovy.

ps. Was it me?
  • edited September 2014
    3332!

not guilty m'lord
    even "new GELDY" can't play that hand

wishing you a heater for the last two sessions of the month Teeks. You should move to Stoke and get some of that Volcano up your drawers.
  • edited September 2014
    This hand has had me thinking from last night tikay you said i should have folded it.
    Macacgirl1 Small blind   100.00 100.00 1490.00
    FATCONTROL Big blind   200.00 300.00 2712.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K
    • A

tikay1 Raise   700.00 1000.00 1751.25
    churchy18 All-in   1955.00 2955.00 0.00
    VespaPX Fold        
    Macacgirl1 Fold        
    FATCONTROL Fold        
    tikay1 Call   1255.00 4210.00 496.25
    tikay1 Show
    • A
    • K

churchy18 Show
    • A
    • K
    • A

Flop

• A
    • K

Turn

• K

River

churchy18 Win high Full House, Aces and Kings 4210.00   4210.00
    But from my side im pretty sure i'am going too get heads up versus you on that table and knowing your range i only have too worry about the lo hand and as you always say there is always a high. I was also double suited and connected.

Is my thinking wrong on that one? should i really fold it?
  • edited September 2014
    "should i really fold it?"

Don't be daft bonnie lad.
  • edited September 2014

No no Churchy, I never said that, I typed...

NH Churchy, my bad, I should have folded!

It was ME who said I should have folded, not you. You can't fold that, as played.

I then added.....

"It was prob a bad play by me, but then again, I never quite know what you are going to turn up with, so that is my excuse!"

I mentioned the same thing earlier today, some people New (Geldy, too, these days, & all of Team Aggro) have quite eclectic hand ranges, but sometimes they DO have the nutso things.

• edited September 2014
    Firstly, very well played winshoes! Excellent stuff. Secondly, awesome stuff Mr/s. 3332! Super groovy. ps. Was it me?
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    You wish......
  • edited September 2014
    Cast iron shove churchy.

You are so likely to have tk totally dominated on the high draws.

Think mr tk's tongue was firmly in cheek - unless he meant HE should have folded.
  • edited September 2014
    Cast iron shove churchy. You are so likely to have tk totally dominated on the high draws. Think mr tk's tongue was firmly in cheek - unless he meant HE should have folded.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Ha, that was EXACTLY what I typed!

He should not fold that in a month of Sunday's, unless there was a peculiar stack dynamic, such as 2 "Matt Bates".
  • edited September 2014
    Similar hand (ish) to Churchys
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    churchy18 Small blind   200.00 200.00 5491.31
    VespaPX Big blind   400.00 600.00 2571.25
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • J
    • K
    • A

Macacgirl1 Fold        
    tikay1 Raise   1400.00 2000.00 77.44
    churchy18 Fold        
    VespaPX Raise   2000.00 4000.00 571.25
    tikay1 All-in   77.44 4077.44 0.00
    VespaPX Unmatched bet   922.56 3154.88 1493.81
    VespaPX Show
    • K
    • J
    • K
    • A

tikay1 Show
    • A
    • K

Flop

• Q

Turn

• Q

River

VespaPX Win high Two Pairs, Kings and Queens 3154.88   4648.69
      No qualifying low hand        
  • edited September 2014

Marv Mr Scaffold, Macac will be loving this.

In truth, again, unless there are peculiar stack dynamics, I am rarely folding any A-K-2-x combo in the mid-to late stages. 

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong, lol, but we don't always walk into the Aces, & we are never dead even if we do.

Am beginning to see why I did the lot last night.....

• edited September 2014
    No no Churchy, I never said that, I typed... NH Churchy, my bad, I should have folded! It was ME who said I should have folded, not you. You can't fold that, as played. I then added..... "It was prob a bad play by me, but then again, I never quite know what you are going to turn up with, so that is my excuse!"   I mentioned the same thing earlier today, some people New (Geldy, too, these days, & all of Team Aggro) have quite eclectic hand ranges, but sometimes they DO have the nutso things.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Never seen that tikay was jumping between tablet and pc playing.the tablet i can hardly see the writing with out my glasses. sorry my bad:{

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Never seen that tikay was jumping between tablet and pc playing.the tablet i can hardly see the writing with out my glasses. sorry my bad:{
    Posted by churchy18
    No worries Churchy.

The day I start making arsey comments in the Chat box is the day I give up the game!

I do often give Macac an earful, but to be fair, she deserves it. She even has a t-shirt with this on it.

• edited September 2014

I even spite fold sometimes.

Not loving it at all, winning or losing, whether it's myself or anyone else, bothers me zilchio to be honest!
    I only comment on things like that to give the odd word of encouragement/chin up type thing if someone running bad, or a well done comment if someone is running good.  Stakes I play, nobody is gonna go homeless playing them if they lose, or pay for a yacht if winning, so (for me) it's the fun that matters, results mean nowt.

Unless it's TK of course, in which case if he's winning, it's pure jammyluckyluckbox.com and if he's losing, it's because he deserves it.  And. The sooner everyone starts reminding him of that, the better.

• edited September 2014
    I even spite fold sometimes. Not loving it at all, winning or losing, whether it's myself or anyone else, bothers me zilchio to be honest! I only comment on things like that to give the odd word of encouragement/chin up type thing if someone running bad, or a well done comment if someone is running good.  Stakes I play, nobody is gonna go homeless playing them if they lose, or pay for a yacht if winning, so (for me) it's the fun that matters, results mean nowt. Unless it's TK of course, in which case if he's winning, it's pure jammyluckyluckbox.com and if he's losing, it's because he deserves it.  And. The sooner everyone starts reminding him of that, the better.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    That was going SO well until the last few lines, I honestly thought you were going to be nice to me for once.

Be afraid tonight. I say, BE AFRAID.
  • edited September 2014
    I have an idea.
    To help you focus and regroup.
    From until we next meet at the tables, until one hundred games are up, I will keep track of results.
    You win (1 point), I win (1 point), we both win (1 point each).
    All for eternal bragging rights and constant reminders.
    Think you up to it?

Or, are you...

• edited September 2014
  • edited September 2014
    Excellent!
    I'll keep track and update results here each day until the final 100th game is up.
    I must add that if you attain a (by fluke obviously) huge unbeatable lead, I will go on holiday and call the challenge a draw.
  • edited September 2014
    Now I like Tikay, I also like Macagirl, which one is better? There's only one way to find out........

FIGHT!