You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can an old dog learn new tricks?

Comments

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks?:
    Now I like Tikay, I also like Macagirl, which one is better? There's only one way to find out........ FIGHT!
    Posted by Enut

FOOD FIGHT !!
  • edited September 2014
    Oh indeed I could smell the money. In truth I was unlucky then rash then downright stupid.
    I had played pretty well, made some laydowns and some profitable bluffs and sat on 38k about 40th with 60 left.
    I had jacks in small blind he had 88 in big blind. 32k pot he rivers a flush. down to 22k at about 12.30am tried to semi bluff with a pair of sevens lost to pair of jacks. then with 10k left and 55 out of 55 I went all in q6 off lost..... that was stupid should have grinded a little longer but blinds were going up and I had to get up for work in five hours.
    played on same table with our fellow plopper, he was solid and may I add my congratulations to him.
    I love the roller but must get better at satts as I do not want to buy in like I used to.
    Really enjoyed it
    Nick
  • edited September 2014
    Oh indeed I could smell the money. In truth I was unlucky then rash then downright stupid. I had played pretty well, made some laydowns and some profitable bluffs and sat on 38k about 40th with 60 left. I had jacks in small blind he had 88 in big blind. 32k pot he rivers a flush. down to 22k at about 12.30am tried to semi bluff with a pair of sevens lost to pair of jacks. then with 10k left and 55 out of 55 I went all in q6 off lost..... that was stupid should have grinded a little longer but blinds were going up and I had to get up for work in five hours. played on same table with our fellow plopper, he was solid and may I add my congratulations to him. I love the roller but must get better at satts as I do not want to buy in like I used to. Really enjoyed it Nick
    Posted by pompeynic
    Ul in the Roller Nick, but good news for Pompey today :-)
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks Mick
    That is good news for Pompey.
    I had not seen that today(busy at work) so thanks for the post.
  • edited September 2014
    Ok, so we have had round 1 of the 100 game challenge.
    As a forfeit, if Mr. K wins after 100 games, I promise wholeheartedly to never mention food or twiglets ever again in the chat-box.
    Mr. K has said (in front of witnesses I hasten to add) he will wear a tee shirt on TV, with the logo "I Love Macacgirl" whilst eating a packet of twiglets.

So.
    Round 1.
    We met in 8 DYMs.
    Current score.
    Team Concrete - 3
    Team Twiglet - 7

Long way to go, I got incredibly lucky against TK in one and even more incredibly daft lucky against Gelders in another.
    My prediction... this will end after 100 games, as narrow as 1-5 points either way.

ps. Please ask TK a billion times in the chat-box about the challenge, he loves chatting, especially when he is multi-tabling 6-7 tables at once :)
  • edited September 2014
    vwp winshoes & pompeynic, & ul Nick

guess the moral of the story is that ploppers can play holdem too
    if not vice-versa
    last night for me was just meant to be a few dyms, early BHs and an early night
    but semi-ed into the Main and the rest is history, as they say!

hope your night was good as well Teeks
  • edited September 2014
    vwp winshoes & pompeynic, & ul Nick guess the moral of the story is that ploppers can play holdem too if not vice-versa last night for me was just meant to be a few dyms, early BHs and an early night but semi-ed into the Main and the rest is history, as they say! hope your night was good as well Teeks
    Posted by GELDY
    Nice win in the Main Geldy wp
  • edited September 2014
    Congratulations and well played in the main event last night Geldy.
  • edited September 2014
    vwp winshoes & pompeynic, & ul Nick guess the moral of the story is that ploppers can play holdem too if not vice-versa last night for me was just meant to be a few dyms, early BHs and an early night but semi-ed into the Main and the rest is history, as they say! hope your night was good as well Teeks
    Posted by GELDY
    Oh my, I had not yet seen GaryQQQ's Results thread - very well done Gelders!
  • edited September 2014
    Sorry i've not played any plo8 dym,s recently. I had one of my blackouts last week and unfortunately it was in the middle of the road. Luckily the lady stopped, helped to drag me off the road and phoned me an ambulance. I,m never going to give women drivers grief ever again.May play later on if the medication wears off. This indian summer doesn,t help. Oh God I've got to stop moaning...
  • edited September 2014
    Sorry i've not played any plo8 dym,s recently. I had one of my blackouts last week and unfortunately it was in the middle of the road. Luckily the lady stopped, helped to drag me off the road and phoned me an ambulance. I,m never going to give women drivers grief ever again.May play later on if the medication wears off. This indian summer doesn,t help. Oh God I've got to stop moaning...
    Posted by robertod
    What? Blackouts? Wondering  why you hadn't been around, thought maybe you been on holiday. Swift recovery Rob, take care.
  • edited September 2014
    Well done Gelders, go team plop!
  • edited September 2014
    Posted by robertod
    Ugh, very sorry tio hear that Robert, hope you are soon restored to full working order.
  • edited September 2014
    nice one geldy
  • edited September 2014

Just realised I forgot to upload my numbers today from last night.

In brief, I lost £28, so I'm £36 down on the month (before allowing for approx £56 Reward Points) going into my last September session tonight.

This is not a good thing.

Could be quite a session tonight........

• edited September 2014
    Just realised I forgot to upload my numbers today from last night. In brief, I lost £28, so I'm £36 down on the month (before allowing for approx £56 Reward Points) going into my last September session tonight. This is not a good thing. Could be quite a session tonight........   
    Posted by Tikay10
    NOOOOOOoooooo
    CMON Tikay
    twist the twiglet
    knock the church's bells out
    out wheel the wheelie one
    nut the e
    ruin pompey
    smother the mother
    and geld the GELDY

but most importantly
    run golden

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : NOOOOOOoooooo CMON Tikay twist the twiglet knock the church's bells out out wheel the wheelie one nut the e ruin pompey smother the mother and geld the GELDY but most importantly run golden
    Posted by GELDY
    Nice lolz

Leave mealone im suffering enough the now
  • edited October 2014
    Just realised I forgot to upload my numbers today from last night. In brief, I lost £28, so I'm £36 down on the month (before allowing for approx £56 Reward Points) going into my last September session tonight. This is not a good thing. Could be quite a session tonight........   
    Posted by Tikay10
    OFFICIAL CORRECTION

I've just realised that was WRONG.

I posted TWO updates for 28th September, to illustrate what a topsy turvy session I had. One showed an £8 loss on the month, & the next, a £63.50 loss on the month. Good night, that.... 

So the hole was far deeper than I suggested.

It got deeper last night, too. Numbers, in all their glory, follow shortly.
  • edited October 2014

Ouchio!
    Our paths did cross in 12 games last night.
    Results for the night..
    TK 3
    Maca 9

Current total, after 20 DYMs.
    Team Concrete 6
    Team Twiglet 16

I didn't take much pleasure in posting those results, but I said I would, so I

have.

• edited October 2014
  • edited October 2014

OK, best get these numbers done, stating with 29th September, which I missed.
  • edited October 2014

29th SEPTEMBER Scores on the Doors.

Played 27

Won 11

Lost 16

£3.30, P 5, W 2, L 3

£5.50, P 15 W 7 L 8

£11, P 5, W 2, L 3

Opening Balance - £1,270.35

Closing Balance = £1,242.35

Profit/Loss on Night - £28.00

Profit/Loss on Month = £91.50

REWARD POINTS on night = 140

REWARD POINTS IN MONTH = 3,519 (= £52.78)

GAMES PLAYED IN MONTH = 751

GAMES WON IN MONTH = 410

SEPTEMBER WIN % = 54.6%

SEPTEMBER Profit/Loss per game = £0.12
  • edited October 2014

So, a sort of negative scopio, lost at EVERY level.

Luckily, I had one night left to repair the damage......

• edited October 2014

30th SEPTEMBER Scores on the Doors.

Played 28

Won 12

Lost 16

£1.10, P1 W 1 L 0

£3.30, P 3, W 1, L 0

£5.50, P 19 W 7 L 12

£11, P 7, W 4, L 3

Opening Balance - £1,242.35

Closing Balance = £1,216.60

Profit/Loss on Night - £25.65

Profit/Loss on Month = £117.15

REWARD POINTS on night = 167

REWARD POINTS IN MONTH = 3,687 (= £55.31)

GAMES PLAYED IN MONTH = 779

GAMES WON IN MONTH = 422

SEPTEMBER WIN % = 54.6%

SEPTEMBER Profit/Loss per game = £0.15
  • edited October 2014

Now I'll add in the Reward Points money, as the "Closing Balance" numbers exactly represent what is in the account.
  • edited October 2014

SEPTEMBER, Closing Scores.

Profit/Loss on Month = £61.84

REWARD POINTS IN MONTH = 3,687 (= £55.31)

GAMES PLAYED IN MONTH = 779

GAMES WON IN MONTH = 422

SEPTEMBER WIN % = 54.6%

SEPTEMBER Profit/Loss per game = £0.08
  • edited October 2014
    I would add my plo8 results but that would just be boasting and when you're as good as I am, there's just no need... no need at all.
  • edited October 2014
    I think you've been a drama queen TK!
    60 odd pound loss for a month is nothing!  I've done that in a day before and I'm sure I will again soon.
    Chin up, time for your luck to change and to kick my butt.
  • edited October 2014

It's amazing really.

Exactly 6 nights ago, I was on £1,408, & making nearly 10p per game in september. 

Then I went, on successive nights......

-£71.20

-£38.70

+£25.30

-£63.50

-£28.00

-£25.65

Deffo not blaming bad luck, I've had my regular share of both. 

I was £28 up at the halfway point last night, & won 4/4 @ £11, always a sign I'm gonna return blue numbers.

I am certainly taking a lot more high-variance lines, I think you have to now that Team Aggro have turned up in force, & I really enjoy playing those lads, they have spiced things up a treat.

Anyway, it is what it is, my first losing month, & no excuses.

Luckily, it has not hurt me financially (yet, lol) as I have never withdrawn since starting the challenge.

What a game this poker is. 

I'll post some more stats & numbers from September shortly, simply because numbers fascinate me. I prefer blue one though.....

Then I've got Little Miss Twiglet beating me by 10 games after two nights.

• edited October 2014
    I think you've been a drama queen TK! 60 odd pound loss for a month is nothing!  I've done that in a day before and I'm sure I will again soon. Chin up, time for your luck to change and to kick my butt.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Ha!

You gotta be honest, they are bad numbers, & I'm not used to them, but I'm not blaming anyone or anything, they are what they are.

I'm still utterly confident that technically, I can continue to beat this game, but it's good to self-examine rather than just blame others, or bad luck.