You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can an old dog learn new tricks?

Comments

• edited October 2014

4th October.

Played 9

£3 P6, W3 L3

£5.50 P2 W1, L1

£11 P1 W1 L0

Won/Lost £6.20

PROFIT/LOSS per game = £0.69

October, % of Games Won

£3.30, 21 from 40 = 53%

£5.50 5 from 12 = 41%

£11 0% 1 from 2 - 50%

Played 54, W27 L27 (50%)

PROFIT/LOSS per game = £0.31

October Overall -£17.70

Account Balance £1,229.80
  • edited October 2014
  • edited October 2014

5th October.

Played 7

£3 P4, W2 L2

£5.50 P3 W2, L1

£11 P0 W0 L0

Won/Lost £2.30

PROFIT/LOSS per game = £0.33

October, % of Games Won

£3.30, 23 from 42 = 55%

£5.50 7 from 15 = 48%

£11 0% 1 from 2 - 50%

Played 59, W31 L28 (53%)

October Overall -£14.40

PROFIT/LOSS per game = £0.23

Account Balance £1,232.10
  • edited October 2014

6th October.

Played 16

£3 P9, W4 L5

£5.50 P6 W3, L3

£11 P1 W1 L0

Won/Lost £0.30

PROFIT/LOSS per game = £0.02

October, % of Games Won

£3.30, 27 from 51 = 53%

£5.50 10 from 21 = 48%

£11 0% 2 from 3 - 67%

Played 80, W39 L41 (48%)

October Overall -£14.10

PROFIT/LOSS per game = £0.18

Account Balance £1,232.40
  • edited October 2014

7th October.

Played 20

£3 P7, W5 L2

£5.50 P8 W5, L3

£11 P5 W5 L0

Won/Lost £57.90

PROFIT/LOSS per game = £2.90

October, % of Games Won

£3.30, 32 from 58 = 55%

£5.50, 15 from 29 = 52%

£11, 7 from 8 - 88%

Played 95, W54 L41 (57%)

October Overall £43.80

PROFIT/LOSS per game = £0.46

Account Balance £1,304.50
  • edited October 2014

Well hello Mr Heater!

5 from 5 @ £11 makes SUCH a difference.
  • edited October 2014

8th October.

Played 22

£3 P10, W5 L5

£5.50 P7 W5, L2

£11 P5 W4 L1

Won/Lost £33.50

PROFIT/LOSS per game = £1.53

October, % of Games Won

£3.30, 37 from 68 = 54%

£5.50, 20 from 36 = 56%

£11, 11 from 13 - 85%

Played 117, W68 L59 (58%)

October Overall £87.30

PROFIT/LOSS per game = £0.75

Account Balance £1,338.50
  • edited October 2014
    All a blur at the moment Tony
    Just keep clicking back to Tom's thread - so sad :-(
  • edited October 2014

So, a bit of a mini-revival the last few days. The ££ers have helped, but that level of wins is unsustainable.

Variance, doing what it does best, keeping us guessing.

Not sure how I got on v Maca last night, don't think there was much in it. Think she's slipped her field with that fast start, tbh.  

• edited October 2014
    And of course, the only results that really matter...

The 100 Game Challenge.
    Current total, after 68 DYMs.
    Team Concrete 30
    Team Twiglet 47

What this really needs is for you to hit a golden run and for me to run super bad, I'd love it to be super close when we get to the final half a dozen games!
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks?:
    All a blur at the moment Tony Just keep clicking back to Tom's thread - so sad :-(
    Posted by VespaPX
    Very. Fingers crossed for tomorrow, not much else we can do or say, is there?

I do think all the messages will help a bit.
  • edited October 2014
    And of course, the only results that really matter... The 100 Game Challenge. Current total, after 68 DYMs. Team Concrete 30 Team Twiglet 47 What this really needs is for you to hit a golden run and for me to run super bad, I'd love it to be super close when we get to the final half a dozen games!
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Ha, me too!

My bad run at the very start has done me I think, but you never know.......
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Not really lucky Tikay, I have worked hard for over 25 years building up my business. For example I took last week off, it was my first week off this year and even then I ended up doing a bit of work at the start of the week and finished it with man flu! That'll teach me to take a week off!  'Bad run?' well a bit I suppose but I am doing ok at a little cash and holdem DYMs so bankroll is actually increasing. As I have said before I play PLO8 (and all poker) for fun really. I seem to usually get to the last 4 and then go out in 4th! Running card dead at that stage is a speciality of mine, I played one a few days ago and ended up shoving with spanners (but double suited spanners) into your BB knowing that you will fold most hands and if you called I had 2 suits to hit, anyway you called, turned over a premium hand which also had the same 2 suits! Needless to say one of the flushes hit but your was obviously better than mine! You did it again in the last one I played last night and called my shove with a premium hand, will you stop doing that? Have a good day!
    Posted by Enut
    I had time for one £11er before going out tonight and you did it again, Tikay will you STOP!
  • edited October 2014
    The 100 Game Challenge.
    Current total, after 73 DYMs.
    Team Concrete 33
    Team Twiglet 48
  • edited October 2014
    Team Concrete being the tortoise against the hare. Will time run out before the finish line is reached?
  • edited October 2014

9th October.

Played 13

£3 P8, W5 L3

£5.50 P4 W2, L2

£11 P1 W1 L0

Won/Lost £10.60

PROFIT/LOSS per game = £0.81

October, % of Games Won

£3.30, 42 from 76 = 53%

£5.50, 22 from 40 = 55%

£11, 12 from 14 - 86%

Played 130, W76 L54 (58%)

October Overall PROFIT/LOSS £97.90

PROFIT/LOSS per game = £0.75

Account Balance £1,348.60
  • edited October 2014

Well the mini-heater, the nicer side of variance, continues, with the 6th straight winning session, might even be a record for me.

The profit is all coming from the £11ers - won 12 from 14 in total so far this month - so that can't last, but I'll take it.

Traffic was a bit sparse, due to the England game I suppose, so the plan was to wait until the football finished, then continue, but I was tired, & a bit utw, so I decided to hit & run. ;)

The very last game of the session went on a goodly while 4 handed, with blinds 400-800 eventually.

Scaffold Bloke, Lady Spite Call, another chap & me, with the other chap having 6,000 chips with the remaining 6,000 equally spread betwen Scaffold, Spitey & myself.

Other chap wanted to be in every pot, & he doubled me up twice, then did the same to Spitey, meanwhile Scaffold was on fumes, but he refused to bust. It was a very awkward dynamic, as I could never be sure what the other chap was going to do, he seemed oblivious to stack sizes & was always keen to peel a bet from a big stack. Scaffold then douibled bak up, Other Chap then ran his stack back up to 6,000+, & the three of us had just 6 Bigs between us! Fun game, that, & I somehow stumbled over the line eventually. 

Meanwhile, I gained a little ground on Spitey, but I fear I've left it too late to catch up. She might also be too good for me if truth be told.

See you tonight.     

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : I had time for one £11er before going out tonight and you did it again, Tikay will you STOP!
    Posted by Enut
    I thought you played great in that. You were "at it" with reverse position all game, & initially I had no need to call & risk my stack, but eventually I had to find a call as I was dribbling away. Just pure luck that I found a hand eventually, & I dominated both your flush draws, plus the high & the low, phew.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Not really lucky Tikay, I have worked hard for over 25 years building up my business. For example I took last week off, it was my first week off this year and even then I ended up doing a bit of work at the start of the week and finished it with man flu! That'll teach me to take a week off!  'Bad run?' well a bit I suppose but I am doing ok at a little cash and holdem DYMs so bankroll is actually increasing. As I have said before I play PLO8 (and all poker) for fun really. I seem to usually get to the last 4 and then go out in 4th! Running card dead at that stage is a speciality of mine, I played one a few days ago and ended up shoving with spanners (but double suited spanners) into your BB knowing that you will fold most hands and if you called I had 2 suits to hit, anyway you called, turned over a premium hand which also had the same 2 suits! Needless to say one of the flushes hit but your was obviously better than mine! You did it again in the last one I played last night and called my shove with a premium hand, will you stop doing that? Have a good day!
    Posted by Enut
    100% agree with that, we get out of life what we put into it, & if you've worked hard, you deserve the rewards.

What line of business is it?
  • edited October 2014
    Well the mini-heater, the nicer side of variance, continues, with the 6th straight winning session, might even be a record for me. The profit is all coming from the £11ers - won 12 from 14 in total so far this month - so that can't last, but I'll take it. Traffic was a bit sparse, due to the England game I suppose, so the plan was to wait until the football finished, then continue, but I was tired, & a bit utw, so I decided to hit & run. ;) The very last game of the session went on a goodly while 4 handed, with blinds 400-800 eventually.   Scaffold Bloke, Lady Spite Call, another chap & me, with the other chap having 6,000 chips with the remaining 6,000 equally spread betwen Scaffold, Spitey & myself.   Other chap wanted to be in every pot, & he doubled me up twice, then did the same to Spitey, meanwhile Scaffold was on fumes, but he refused to bust. It was a very awkward dynamic, as I could never be sure what the other chap was going to do, he seemed oblivious to stack sizes & was always keen to peel a bet from a big stack. Scaffold then douibled bak up, Other Chap then ran his stack back up to 6,000+, & the three of us had just 6 Bigs between us! Fun game, that, & I somehow stumbled over the line eventually.  Meanwhile, I gained a little ground on Spitey, but I fear I've left it too late to catch up. She might also be too good for me if truth be told. See you tonight.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    Was a very interesting game with the "other guy" willing to call any raises.

Oh and you're being kind not mentioning Spiteys' spanners !
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Was a very interesting game with the "other guy" willing to call any raises. Oh and you're being kind not mentioning Spiteys' spanners !
    Posted by VespaPX
    "forgetful" rather than "kind".

Yes, she was caught at it with some real purlers,  3-4-9-10, 9-7-6-3, that sort of utter guff.

No surprise, really.  
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : "forgetful" rather than "kind".   Yes, she was caught at it with some real purlers,  3-4-9-10, 9-7-6-3, that sort of utter guff. No surprise, really.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    And still managed to split them !!

pffftttt
  • edited October 2014

10th October.

Played 15

£3 P12, W11 L1

£5.50 P3 W3, L0

£11 P0 W0 L0

Won/Lost £39.90

PROFIT/LOSS per game = £2.66

October, % of Games Won

£3.30, 53 from 88 = 60%

£5.50, 25 from 43 = 58%

£11, 12 from 14 - 86%

Played 145, W90 L55 (62%)

October Overall PROFIT/LOSS £137.80

PROFIT/LOSS per game = £0.95

Account Balance £1,388.50
  • edited October 2014

Well well well.

After all those losing nights in September, which continued into October, suddenly I can't do a thing wrong, & have racked up over £150 of profit in the last 7 sessions, & had 7 winning sessions on the bounce. What a thing this variance is.  I've tweaked a few things, but I doubt they had had that much effect, it's just run-good.

Last night I played 15, won 14, being 11 from 12 @ £3.30 & 3 from 3 @ £5.50.

I got very lucky on numerous occasions, somehow I always seemed to find a way out of bad spots.

The one game I lost I was very unlucky, as it happens, when I had A-2-K-K on a flop of 3-4-K & we fot it all-in with me holding the likely nut-nut. How could I lose that beauty? Somehow I did, lol. (He had 8-9-9-10 & the turn & river were J-Q).

What a game this poker is, & what a potent force variance is. 

So, for the 843rd time, the £1,400 threshold approaches....... 

• edited October 2014
    The 100 Game Challenge.
    Current total, after 81 DYMs.
    Team Concrete 40
    Team Spitey 52
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : I thought you played great in that. You were "at it" with reverse position all game, & initially I had no need to call & risk my stack, but eventually I had to find a call as I was dribbling away. Just pure luck that I found a hand eventually, & I dominated both your flush draws, plus the high & the low, phew.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I actually had good hands every time except the last one (honest). The worst hand I raised with was the one you called me on. Isn't that always the case?
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : 100% agree with that, we get out of life what we put into it, & if you've worked hard, you deserve the rewards.   What line of business is it?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm an independent financial adviser, Tikay. Mostly investment work nowadays although I also do mortgages, pensions, life cover, critical illness etc. I have built up a nice loyal client base over 25 years. I look after them very well and I'm now at the stage when I can pick and choose my new clients. Still working too bloody hard though!   
  • edited October 2014
    10th October. Played 15 £3 P12, W11 L1 £5.50 P3 W3, L0 £11 P0 W0 L0 Won/Lost £39.90 PROFIT/LOSS per game = £2.66 October, % of Games Won £3.30, 53 from 88 = 60% £5.50, 25 from 43 = 58% £11, 12 from 14 - 86% Played 145, W90 L55 ( 62% ) October Overall PROFIT/LOSS £137.80 PROFIT/LOSS per game = £0.95 Account Balance £1,388.50
    Posted by Tikay10
    That's some bounce back Tikay. Well played, very well played.
  • edited October 2014
    The 100 Game Challenge. Current total, after 81 DYMs. Team Concrete 40 Team Spitey 52
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Is it first player to reach 100 wins, or the score after a total of 100 DYM's?

If the later, I'm doomed, doomed I tell ya, be pretty unlikely I can pull back 12 wins in 19 games.

No excuses really, you are just too good, & too spiteful.

Either way, I shall battle all the way to the line.

PS - was great fun last night, yet again.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : I'm an independent financial adviser, Tikay. Mostly investment work nowadays although I also do mortgages, pensions, life cover, critical illness etc. I have built up a nice loyal client base over 25 years. I look after them very well and I'm now at the stage when I can pick and choose my new clients. Still working too bloody hard though!   
    Posted by Enut
    You must have seen enormous changes in those 25 years, most notably since regulation, & the FSA.

What is your view on the FSA?

Regulatlon has - at last - come to Online Gaming, & poker, & it is long overdue, Sites could do pretty much what they wanted previously, as we have seen with the FT & 'Stars malarky in the USA, Lock Poker also, & any number of sites failing to pay players their dues.  We badly needed a regulatory framework, & it will be good for poker in the long term. 

Was regulation, broadly, good for your profession, too? I can but imagine the reams of form-filling......