You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can an old dog learn new tricks?

Comments

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks?:
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Just be there, 4.45-ish, right? BIG session planned tonight. Can't remember the last time we had Double Points weekend for DYM's, & in February we have FOUR of them. And I have to miss the last 3 due to UKPC. BOO! So, planning for three big sessions this weekend, if I could manage 250 x 2 Points each session, that'd be incred. Be quite handy if I could do so without losing money, too......  I'd best Update my numbers for this week before I start the Big Weekend. Just been treading water really, but I'll take that.   I'm neither hot nor cold right now, not in an upswing or a downswing, no swing, no swong. More sort of swang.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Oh, I'll be around, somebody needs to annoy you in the chat box whilst you are 18 tabling.
    Be aware tonight, things are always crazy the first night after C4P have been payed. Throw double points into the mix and it being a Friday night too ... we're gonna have anyfour.com mayhem!
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Oh, I'll be around, somebody needs to annoy you in the chat box whilst you are 18 tabling. Be aware tonight, things are always crazy the first night after C4P have been payed. Throw double points into the mix and it being a Friday night too ... we're gonna have anyfour.com mayhem!
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Yup, it might just be carnage.

I plan to be rampant. Or at the very least, a bit rampant.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Oh, I'll be around, somebody needs to annoy you in the chat box whilst you are 18 tabling. Be aware tonight, things are always crazy the first night after C4P have been payed. Throw double points into the mix and it being a Friday night too ... we're gonna have anyfour.com mayhem!
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    On the grounds that I have had AA23/AA24 four times in the last couple of days and been scooped EVERY time, I am now only playing premium hands such as 8833. Tough to play PLO8 when you get AA23 and immediately think 'Oh God I'm doomed!'
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Yup, it might just be carnage. I plan to be rampant. Or at the very least, a bit rampant.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Gonna be a lot of this going on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qRN8HoZtbo

Would have been his 70th today.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : On the grounds that I have had AA23/AA24 four times in the last couple of days and been scooped EVERY time, I am now only playing premium hands such as 8833. Tough to play PLO8 when you get AA23 and immediately think 'Oh God I'm doomed!'
    Posted by Enut
    It's way ahead.
    One of the usual just did for me with J322.

It's gonna be a fun night!
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : It's way ahead. One of the usual just did for me with J322. It's gonna be a fun night!
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    sounds like it could be fun
    might just have to pop in myself
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : sounds like it could be fun might just have to pop in myself
    Posted by GELDY
    It's awesome even early afternoon.  Any 4 all-in pre is standard, brilliant stuff.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : On the grounds that I have had AA23/AA24 four times in the last couple of days and been scooped EVERY time, I am now only playing premium hands such as 8833. Tough to play PLO8 when you get AA23 and immediately think 'Oh God I'm doomed!'
    Posted by Enut
    Over time you will win with those hands.
    I had my raise re- raised & i put him all in & got called by the top hand in PLO8 of 8884.
    Of course the case 8 came.
    I didn't mind this because over time I will win a lot of money off that player,so be happy when they play poor hands no matter what the outcome.
  • edited February 2015
    #geldmode 13 tonight teeks 
    make them bleed

• edited February 2015
    Haven't decided whether to play live tonight
    or sky dyms
    not easy 
  • edited February 2015
    But with teeks and jac bossing the tables maybe I'll play live.
  • edited February 2015
    especially as i get discoed
    and i know what these dymers are like in that situation
    #lambs to the slaughter
  • edited February 2015
    so let's try again
    gl all
  • edited February 2015
    Nice wee start! Roll on, roll on!
    Posted by yuranASSet
    Thank you Mr Asset.

Really enjoy your various Posts around the Forum, you seem a very positive & balanced chap.

Hope you are enjoying your poker - I have a hunch you enjoy most things.

• edited February 2015
    #geldmode 13 tonight teeks  make them bleed
    Posted by GELDY

I have no idea what GeldMode 13 is, but you were a right handful last night.

I'll need to try & crack the code.

I've sussed GeldMode's 1,3,5,6 & 9, & am working on the rest.  
  • edited February 2015
    Enjoyed watching you keep 'getting there'
    Hope you didn't notice any of the hands I played. Sounds far fetched, but I have even less of an idea at your funny little game than I do at proper poker
  • edited February 2015

February opening balance = £1,623.59.

February 6th

£3.30, P9, W7 (78%)

£5.50, P21, W12 (57%)

£11, P12, W7 (58%)

Total - P42, W26 (62%)

Profit/Loss on Day = £24.80

MONTH TO DATE

£3.30, P17, W10 = 59%

£5.50 P92, W56 = 61%

£11 P40 W23 = 58%

OVERALL P 149, W89 = 60%

Profit on Month = £77.90

Profit/Loss per game = £0.53

Balance = £1,701.49
  • edited February 2015

February Sessions

1st +£51.00

2nd -£18.50

3rd +£19.40

4th +£1.20

6th + £24.80

Month to date Profit/Loss = + £77.90
    (excludes Reward Points)

• edited February 2015
    Enjoyed watching you keep 'getting there' Hope you didn't notice any of the hands I played. Sounds far fetched, but I have even less of an idea at your funny little game than I do at proper poker
    Posted by Jac35
    I never got there in the 2nd table we shared, I got busted.

You won both the "funny games" you played last night. You are no longer welcome, right?

I did get a fair bit of verbal abuse last night for "getting there", lol. "Always the river" they kept saying. But in every case I had good starting hands, balanced, & I was the bettor & they were the caller. I often feel like replying "well why call - if you bet I'll likely fold", but they just call call call. If people just call down, it's hard to find any sympathy for them really. 1 chap always calls - CALLS - my raises, then has a chunter. Why call, why not try, you know, that raise button? The difference betwen being the caller & raiser is immense, but many just dont get it. 

How did you end up last night? Made a few boblets?     
  • edited February 2015
    This could be your priority grind month with the assitance of the double points weekends Tikay. Do it, do it!
  • edited February 2015

Phew, got away with it last night, I think.

Was running horribad early doors, could not do a thing right, & was getting jodded left right & centre, & by Game 25, I was £48 down, yikes.

I held my discipline well, kept nice & calm, & my luck turned, & I came home at a right old gallop, winning a most pleasing 14 from the last 17, including six wins @ £11. I was 4-1 down on £11ers before that, so I really got out of jail.

Playing mostly £5.50 & £11 games, & a lot of them, (played 42 games last night) its quite easy to run up a £50 or £60 loss, so I was realy pleased to get out of it with a nice little profit of around £0.50 per game. 

I had winning game counts at all three levels (£3.30, £5.50, & £11) too, which is rare, & most satisfying. Never won much at any level, but when we tick all 3 boxes, it adds up.

Earned 502 Reward Points, a record in a day for me, though small compared to some who, I gather, earned 1000's of points last night.

The target was to get 500 points on all three days this weekend, 1,500 in total, & not lose money doing so, so am on target so far, but a long way to go yet.

Tremendous fun. 

Oh, & I poked my head above the £1,700 Bankroll threshold for the first time - just - but don't blink, I almost always drop back down after I get to new "highs". Downswong incoming?  

• edited February 2015
    This could be your priority grind month with the assitance of the double points weekends Tikay. Do it, do it!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    If only! 

I will be up at the UKPC from next Friday until March 1st, so this weekend is the only weekend I can get the Double Points. Bad bit of timing for me really, but never mind.

Were it not for UKPC, I would have gone for the magical 10,000 points this month, but I just can't do it in the time available, even 3,000 will be a stretch, but that's the aim. One month I WILL do it though, it's a sort of "Bucket List" thing for me.

I'm not "obliged" by the Business to be at UKPC every day, start to finish, they never asked or instructed me, but I just feel I ought to be, it's the Sky Poker UKPC, the WHOLE Fessie, not just the Main, so I do think the players have a right to expect someone from Sky Poker to be present, so I'm going up there on my own initiative really, it just seems the right thing to do, & sort of "Meet & Greet" as many players as possible on behalf of Sky Poker.

It's a real shame I have to miss the first SNG Double Points month long Promo I can ever remember, but it's not the end of the world I guess.

How did you get on last night? Bag full of Points? Can't BEGIN to guess how many you would have earned, lol.
  • edited February 2015
    Going above and beyond as always.  I'm sure the players will really appreciate you being there.  The 10k points will just have to wait but I know you'll do it.

I'm full of cold so only managed 2k points but made some nice profit.  Will come in handy to treat the gf to a meal out next Fri.  Have to keep her sweet to allow for my mega grinds :)

Have a nice weekend.
  • edited February 2015

This may sound a bit odd, but I had been looking forward to last night's session - well the whole weekend really - all week.

I even prepared thoroughly. Had a nice shower just before I started, cleaned my laptop screen & keyboard, tidied my little desk, pre-prepared a mid-session snack, (cheese & biscuits), & made a jug of iced water with a fresh lemon slices in it & a pot of tea ready to make. Living on my own, these things can be awkward for me when I have 5 or 6 Tables on the go.

And you know what - I loved it, loved every minute. Even when I was plenty down, kept my focus, & just tried to do the right things.

Bit weird really, so much effort for the potential of £20 or £30 or whatever, but I just love the buzz & the thrill that the game gives me. Guess I'm a bit sad in a ay, but it keeps me out of mischief.

I went on to Twitter this morning to see what was what - I follow a few people - & there were the usual trolls & haters, all squabbling with each other, & telling everyone how bad they are. Each to their own I guess.

There was a chap on one of my tables last night - newbie, not seen him before - & he was telling the whole table how bad they all were, after EVERY hand. Not one other person replied, he was talking to himself.

He wrote....

"....I wonder who will blink first, you or me. I tell you this, it won't be me..."

Ah, bless.

• edited February 2015
    Going above and beyond as always.  I'm sure the players will really appreciate you being there.  The 10k points will just have to wait but I know you'll do it. I'm full of cold so only managed 2k points but made some nice profit.  Will come in handy to treat the gf to a meal out next Fri.  Have to keep her sweet to allow for my mega grinds :) Have a nice weekend.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Thank you.

TWO THOUSAND points?

Good Lord!

So you'll maybe get 6,000 this weekend?

Amazing.
  • edited February 2015
    how can you make so many points..... how many tables do you play at a time,

im on 242 which is by far my highest st this stage in a month and made my freeroll targets allready!
  • edited February 2015
    Going above and beyond as always.  I'm sure the players will really appreciate you being there.  The 10k points will just have to wait but I know you'll do it. I'm full of cold so only managed 2k points but made some nice profit.  Will come in handy to treat the gf to a meal out next Fri.  Have to keep her sweet to allow for my mega grinds :) Have a nice weekend.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    FRIDAY!!!

James
    You do realise that there is a double points promotion running?
    Start the weekend early.
    Thursday nights  are nice nights to go for a meal ; )
  • edited February 2015
    "There was a chap on one of my tables last night - newbie, not seen him before - & he was telling the whole table how bad they all were, after EVERY hand. Not one other person replied, he was talking to himself"

I would have had a chat with him.
    Wasn't meat.... or something like that? A right lairy bleeder!
    I crippled him at our table, hohoho.
  • edited February 2015
    "There was a chap on one of my tables last night - newbie, not seen him before - & he was telling the whole table how bad they all were, after EVERY hand. Not one other person replied, he was talking to himself" I would have had a chat with him. Wasn't meat.... or something like that? A right lairy bleeder! I crippled him at our table, hohoho.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Yup, you know who it was.

One of my favourite opponents - & a friend in real life for many a year - is "mmmchips". He is very quite & placid, but when a particular player has a dig at him, or me, he is supremely good at put-downs. He shredded one of the twins earlier this week, who had been dissing me, as per, (obv, I can't respond, or I'd get reported), it was wonderful to watch.

You were right about "carnage" last night.

I had a 3 way all-in, very first hand, I had.....

A-A-2-3 Double Suited - the very top rated hand in PLO8. 

I was up against.......

Q-9-8-2

J-J-9-6

All in pre, three full stacks of 2,000 @ 10-20, lol.

• edited February 2015

February opening balance = £1,623.59.

February 7th

£3.30, P23, W15 (65%)

£5.50, P28, W20 (71%)

£11, P4, W2 (50%)

Total - P 55, W37 (67%)

Profit/Loss on Day = £68.10

MONTH TO DATE

£3.30, P40, W25 = 63%

£5.50 P120, W76 = 63%

£11 P44 W25 = 57%