You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Diary of a fledgling player

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Day 66

My busiest ever day on the site in terms of STT's, was practically playing all day!

Played 22 x £3 Double Your Money with the following results:

4 x 1st
    4 x 2nd
    6 x 3rd
    4 x 4th
    2 x 5th
    2 x 6th

That's 14 cashes and 8 non-cashes making a profit today! Also played in the UKOPS IX Freeroll and the crazy £50 GTD Free-Buy, but didn't cash in either.

Didn't quite make the three-figure sum I was hoping to, but I got close! Balance now £94.28, will update the first post now.
  • edited December 2013
    Day 67 (Thursday)

Hadly got the chance to play yesterday apart from one very late night game!

Played 1 x £20 Gtd (15 mins) (result: finished 4th for £4.95)

Balance was £95.93 at the end of the day.
  • edited December 2013
    Day 68

So, UKOPS began today! To avoid what happened during the last UKOPS (where I lost a lot of money), I decided to set myself limits this time. I'm spending £10 per day (£5 on a satellite and £5 on a UKOPS event directly - or £5.50 per event due to rake) as long as I play some DYM's too in order to keep the balance up.

Played 1 x £20K UKOPS 1 Sat (result: 24th, did not qualify)
    Played 8 x £3 Double Your Money (results: 5th, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 4th, 4th, 3rd, 1st)
    Played 2 x UKOPS IX Freeroll (results: knocked out early, 43rd - needed top six!)
    Played 1 x £3000 UKOPS Mini (results: knocked out before late reg ended ..)
    Played 2 x £3 Sky Head Hunter (results: 1st for £11.88 in bounties, 2nd for £3.24 in bounties)

Had a small loss today, but hey, It's UKOPS! Just need one cash and my bank roll could be awesome ;-)

Down to £93.13, shall update the first post now.
  • edited December 2013
    Day 69

Balance dropped a little today, didn't have the best of luck in STT's or UKOPS events.

Played 1 x £1000 UKOPS Micro (result: out quite early)
    Played 1 x £4K UKOPS Direct (result: 11th, needed top 6 to qualify!)
    Played 1 x £400 Bounty Hunter (result: knocked out very early!)
    Played 8 x £3 Double Your Money (results: 3rd, 4th, 6th, 6th, 4th, 1st, 2nd, 1st)
    Played 6 x £3 Sky Head Hunter (results: 2nd with £1.88 HP, 3rd with £1.88 HP, 2nd with £2.52 HP, 1st with £10.08 HP and then a 6th and 4th - no head prizes).

Bank roll now £76.73, will update the first post now. What I haven't yet mentioned is that I won a £22 seat into tomorrow's £8,000 UKOPS B/H via Sky Poker TV, a cash in that would do very nicely! I'll try my best :p
  • edited December 2013
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Diary of a fledgling player:
    win it lol
    Posted by LARSON7
    We're supposed to try and win it??! Maybe that's where I've been going wrong so far ..

I've had a great day so far, spent my daily £10 UKOPS allowance on two sats, qualified from the second one into the main event semi, and now booked my seat in the main event :D

Two big UKOPS events tonight for me; hope I run well! :-)

Full report later of course.
  • edited December 2013
    Good luck Peter27!!!

If that is your real name...

• edited December 2013
    Good luck Peter27!!! If that is your real name...
    Posted by ff55hh
    Thanks!

Peter is my real name, but 27 is not my surname :p
  • edited December 2013
    Lasted in both UKOPS events until 11PM, but it all started to go wrong from there and I got knocked out of both .. feel quite down right now (not just about the poker) so will do a full update tomorrow.
  • edited December 2013
    unlucky. From what ive read of your Diary, your a very good developing player. Get back on the Horse and stay positive. Your Diary is a good read btw
  • edited December 2013
  • edited December 2013
    Right, so for some reason I can't view the last page of my diary ..

I can view all other pages fine, but when I go to the last page, it just doesn't load up. I see the Sky Poker banner and everything on the left hand side, but nothing loads where the thread should be xD I have tried two different broswers also.

Customer care have been less than helpful .. but they do tell me that they see the page fine, so now I'm not sure what to do :/ Any suggestions then PM them to me please!
  • edited December 2013
    Just re: 1st place finishes on scope. I think it calculates every cash in a DYM as 1st place - hence the enhanced stats.  :)
  • edited December 2013

How are you getting on now, Peter?
  • edited December 2013
    I can see that Sky_Lee responded via the Poker Chat section of the lobby, however I can't see the response as I can't see the page. Please PM me regarding this matter.

I should clarify that I talked to customer support once more after the time mentioned above and this time they were very helpful and said they would investigate the matter.
  • edited December 2013
    Keep seeing that people are posting in my thread, but I can't read them ...

Maybe when it goes onto a new page that will solve the problem? :p
  • edited December 2013

Hi Peter,

No updates on your diary recently? ;)
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Peter, No updates on your diary recently? ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Someone must have said something pretty bad on page 13 - it broke the thread! ;-)

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Diary of a fledgling player : Someone must have said something pretty bad on page 13 - it broke the thread! ;-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Yup, I think it was Orford.

The thread is now up & running, minus Page 13, so that's a result.
  • edited December 2013
    Woo, I'm back! Really not sure why we can't see page 13, that's just bizarre ..

I will do a big update later today on my progress! Hmmm, usually I check my previous entry to see what day I'm currently on e.g. day 64, however I can't do that this time as it's on page 13 and I forgot what day my last entry was .. anyone remember? xD
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Peter

I think you can see page 13 in Google chrome hope this helps
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Peter I think you can see page 13 in Google chrome hope this helps
    Posted by stuarty117
    Customer care told me to try Chrome, IE and Firefox - and I don't see it in either :/

If you see page 13 though, you could answer my question above? :D
  • edited January 2014
    Right, huge update here after I couldn't see page 13 of this thread. This also means that I don't know which day I'm on .. I think some people can see page 13 though, so if you can see it please tell me what day the last entry was on page 13 - would be a great help, thanks!

Day ?? (Sunday)

Played 2 x UKOPS ME Early Sat (results: out early - very card dead, 2nd - into the semi!)
    Played 1 x UKOPS ME Early Semi (result: 7th, qualified!)
    Played 2 x £40K UKOPS All-In* (results: didn't qualify both times)
    Played 1 x £40,000 UKOPS ME (result: 125th)
    Played 1 x £8,000 UKOPS B/H (result: 87th)

* Already qualified, but £3 entry to win £110 - had to have a shot at that!

Quite disappointed that I didn't cash in either of the big UKOPS events, but it happens. Have to admit I was pretty down about it - well that and the news about Michael Schumacher which is causing me a lack of sleep recently. I'm a huge F1 fan, and although I never liked Michael as a driver, he is one of the legends of the sport and to see him in this situation is making myself (and many other fans) pretty distraught to be honest ... but I digress.

Balance at the end of the day was £70.13.

Day ?? (Monday)

Played 1 x UKOPS 4 Early Sat (result: 8th - out drawn)
    Played 1 x £20K UKOPS 4 Sat (result: 18th - needed top five)
    Played 1 x £1000 UKOPS Micro (result: knocked out early with the situation I never win with - AK all-in pre ..)
    Played 1 x £20K UKOPS All-In (result: didn't qualify)
    Played 2 x £3 Sky Head Hunter (results: 5th, 5th)
    Played 11 x £3 Double Your Money (results: 4th, 3rd, 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 3rd, 3rd, 1st, 1st)

Balance at the end of the day was £51.73. Did win a seat into my favourite event for free via Sky Poker TV though, the £5K Turbo Open!

Day ?? (Tuesday)

Played 2 x £5K Turbo Direct (results: 3rd - £11 in the bank, first person out - opponents gutshot hit)
    Played 2 x £5K Turbo All-In (results: knocked out in both)
    Played 1 x £5K Turbo Open (result: 148th - once again AK all-in pre knocked me out ..)
    Played 1 x £250 Bounty Hunter (result: knocked out early)
    Played 1 x £3 Sky Head Hunter (result: 3rd with one head prize -> £1.80)
    Played 9 x £3 Double Your Money (results: 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 4th, 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th)

Balance now £50.83. Not had the best UKOPS really, didn't cash once! However, despite this, I am feeling very good about my poker. I spent a lot of UKOPS railing and even playing against experts (such as Simon Hemsworth, Ryan Spittles and today Ross Jarvis) and I have learned a few things.

Actually, I have made one quite considerable adjustment to my game today (Tuesday) and although I didn't do anything spectacular in terms of earning money, I do now feel like I know what I'm doing at the poker tables whereas before I was often unsure. Obviously I always knew position was important, and I understood why too - but today is the first time I've ever really practically seen why while sitting at the tables myself.

Part of the reason for the diary was to determine if I was actually any good at poker, and now I feel like I am better than average at the very least - I'm developing for sure! :-)

Balance took a hit during UKOPS, but January will be all about bankroll building - expect my balance to consistently rise in the next month!!

Anyway, I want to get in the first complaint of 2014 early, so I want to say that I don't like how sharkscope works! When I get awarded free seats by Sky Poker TV (happened a few times now) and don't cash in the event, sharkscope thinks I lost the buy-in which is very annoying .. messes up my profit/loss graph which is bad enough as it is ..

Will update the first post now :-)
  • edited January 2014
    happy new year m8....

love reading this helps understand those ups and downs just that little bit more.

good luck in the new year
  • edited January 2014
    happy new year m8.... love reading this helps understand those ups and downs just that little bit more. good luck in the new year
    Posted by churchy18
    To be honest, I can't believe anyone is interested in what I have to say, so I'm plesantly surprised :p

Thanks!! :-)
  • edited January 2014
    Day ?? + 4 (Wednesday)

Played 5 x £3 Double Your Money (results: 6th, 4th, 2nd, 1st, 1st)
    Played 1 x £250 Bounty Hunter (result: 56th/232 - one head prize for £1.17)

Balance £47.81

Day ?? + 5 (Thursday)

Played 3 x £12K Super Sat (results: didn't qualify in all three)
    Played 2 x £12K Sky BH Sat (results: didn't qualify, 6th - qualified)
    Played 1 x £12K BH Semi (result: out on the second hand - bad beat!)

Also:

Played 13 x £3 Double Your Money with the following results:

1st x 5
    2nd x 2
    3rd x 4
    4th x 1
    5th x 0
    6th x 1

Balance now £56.91.

Still can't get on page 13 of this diary which is really annoying me! Can anyone get on it?