You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat

Well Skill & go has started, did you ever see a Promo that aroused so much interest? It's the Talk of the Town.

Use this thread to chirp, tell us how you are doing, what went right/wrong & what your plan of attack is.*

* Curve balls, to throw the opposition off the scent, are permitted/encouraged. ;) 

Comments

• edited March 2014
    How exciting! Good luck everyone and especially to the omaha dym players!!

Ger
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies:
    How exciting! Good luck everyone and especially to the omaha dym players!! Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

I do know how much you are looking forward to this Ger.

You are an unsung hero of Sky Poker imo, played many thousands of games, mainly Omaha DYM's, made a serious profit in doing so, (I peruse Sharkscope from time to time....) but you just plod along, cause no fuss or bother, getting it quietly, & you love poker to bits. I adore people like you. The backbone of poker.

I hope Skill & Go is as much fun as you want it to be.

Good luck.
  • edited March 2014
    I plan to play the PLO8 DYMs and I'm hoping to go on a massive heater. Looking at sharkscope I'll have to win around 25/30 to get close to the top 6.
    http://www.sharkscope.com/#Leaderboards//2014/Streaks/Double Or Nothing Wins In A Row?rankingstatistic=MaxWinningStreak
  • edited March 2014
    I plan to play the PLO8 DYMs and I'm hoping to go on a massive heater. Looking at sharkscope I'll have to win around 25/30 to get close to the top 6. http://www.sharkscope.com/#Leaderboards//2014/Streaks/Double Or Nothing Wins In A Row?rankingstatistic=MaxWinningStreak
    Posted by tom_mull
    Try & be on my Table every game, Tom, that should help......! You seem to own me, way too often.

Good luck mate.

Honestly, I have no idea how these guys get these enormous winning streaks.

I've played around 2,700 PLO8 DYM's since October, & made a tidy profit doing so, but I don't recall ever winning more than 10 on the bounce. Think I once managed 12 on the bounce - but they were losses, not wins. Marv.  
  • edited March 2014
    My prediction.
    1st. ROI approx. 65% 6max tabler
    2nd ROI approx. 54% 6max tabler
    3rd ROI approx. 49% 6max tabler
    4th ROI approx. 48% 6max tabler
    5th ROI approx. 46% 6max tabler
    6th ROI approx. 42% DYM tabler. [Ger]

I love the interest this has gained. Intrigued to see the leaderboard as it progresses [no, I don't think I will ever hit it] as no doubt someone, maybe two, 6 max tablers will smash it to bits in the first ten games. The challenge for them to see if they can maintain it and for others to catch them.

If you play PLO8 DYMs, target me between 1830-2030. I am full of post dinner wine and too preoccupied with twiglets to care what I am doing.

My current DYM standing [An A Level in Japanese algebra would be easier than working out ROI] 
    3-0

Good luck everyone.
  • edited March 2014
    My prediction. 1st. ROI approx. 65% 6max tabler 2nd ROI approx. 54% 6max tabler 3rd ROI approx. 49% 6max tabler 4th ROI approx. 48% 6max tabler 5th ROI approx. 46% 6max tabler 6th ROI approx. 42% DYM tabler. [Ger] I love the interest this has gained. Intrigued to see the leaderboard as it progresses [no, I don't think I will ever hit it] as no doubt someone, maybe two, 6 max tablers will smash it to bits in the first ten games. The challenge for them to see if they can maintain it and for others to catch them. If you play PLO8 DYMs, target me between 1830-2030. I am full of post dinner wine and too preoccupied with twiglets to care what I am doing. My current DYM standing [An A Level in Japanese algebra would be easier than working out ROI]  2-0 Good luck everyone.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Me too. Ain't that a thing? Everyone is all revved up about it, or at least the SNG Brigade are. Lovely. 

Macacgirl, for those not aware, gets it quietly, too, played over 15,000 games (FIFTEEN THOUSAND) games on Sky Poker, & made a bit of profit along the way. Plays to enjoy herself, has the craic in the chat box, never rude to a soul, & is a fearsome opponent. All this whilst feasting on 15 packs of Twiglets every single day.

Macac, I give you the Sky Poker Twiglet Award. 

• edited March 2014
    not the start i was hoping for played 2 bubbled 2........ 1 - cooler and 1 crazy bluff into the nuts. ah well long way to go!

• edited March 2014
    not the start i was hoping for played 2 bubbled 2........ 1 - cooler and 1 crazy bluff into the nuts. ah well long way to go!
    Posted by bigflop1
    Worry not, Floppy, remember the old story.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : I do know how much you are looking forward to this Ger. You are an unsung hero of Sky Poker imo, played many thousands of games, mainly Omaha DYM's, made a serious profit in doing so, (I peruse Sharkscope from time to time....) but you just plod along, cause no fuss or bother, getting it quietly, & you love poker to bits. I adore people like you. The backbone of poker. I hope Skill & Go is as much fun as you want it to be. Good luck.
    Posted by Tikay10
    wow. never seen such a straight line for a graph (in the right direction)!

good work!
  • edited March 2014
    A first and a second to begin, both in standards.  Decent start, feel really rusty though and making mistakes.  Haven't grinded these in years.  I feel like I'm 25 again.  Kinda.
  • edited March 2014
    TommyD in run good shocker :) 
  • edited March 2014
    TommyD in run good shocker :) 
    Posted by dylan12
    You saw the bit where I finished second right?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : You saw the bit where I finished second right?
    Posted by TommyD
    All I heard was, played 2 and cashed 2. 
  • edited March 2014

All I heard was that Tommyd felt like 55 again.
  • edited March 2014
    Not much action.

Where areee youuuuuuuu :/
  • edited March 2014
    DYM Current standing 6-0
    Awaiting the inevitable collapse!
  • edited March 2014
    Got my first 3 games out the way and got off to a good start with one win and one 2nd place. There's loads of action on them today, I'm just jumping into the one with the most people regged (as long as the BI isn't massive) and I'm getting games vv quick

So off to a good start but to get a seat gonna have to keep it up for pretty much the whole 30 games. Can anyone work out my avg ROI (I don't have SS subscription). If you don't know the payouts...

Played £5.50 - Bust 4th for nothing

Played £5.50 - 2nd place for £10.50

Played £1.10 - 1st place for £3.90
  • edited March 2014
    Got my first 3 games out the way and got off to a good start with one win and one 2nd place. There's loads of action on them today, I'm just jumping into the one with the most people regged (as long as the BI isn't massive) and I'm getting games vv quick So off to a good start but to get a seat gonna have to keep it up for pretty much the whole 30 games. Can anyone work out my avg ROI (I don't have SS subscription). If you don't know the payouts... Played £5.50 - Bust 4th for nothing Played £5.50 - 2nd place for £10.50 Played £1.10 - 1st place for £3.90
    Posted by Lambert180
    Average of those is 82%.
  • edited March 2014
    ....which interestingly is the same as you'd have if you'd have played DYMs and won them all.
  • edited March 2014
    Got my first 3 games out the way and got off to a good start with one win and one 2nd place. There's loads of action on them today, I'm just jumping into the one with the most people regged (as long as the BI isn't massive) and I'm getting games vv quick So off to a good start but to get a seat gonna have to keep it up for pretty much the whole 30 games. Can anyone work out my avg ROI (I don't have SS subscription). If you don't know the payouts... Played £5.50 - Bust 4th for nothing Played £5.50 - 2nd place for £10.50 Played £1.10 - 1st place for £3.90
    Posted by Lambert180
    81.82%
  • edited March 2014
    2 2nds and 2 bubbles! -ve ROI not the hope I was starting for lol

Both 2nds came after the villain hit their flush draw :(
  • edited March 2014
    Think I've just played 30 DYMs and cashed in 21 giving an ROI of 27.3% (ish) if my maths is correct? I think that has absolutely no chance whatsoever but is an early score for you guys to jump over.
  • edited March 2014

Just got hu in the first one @ (13:28 18/03/2014)

It's not letting me paste the hand but I had 8,400 chips v 600 with the blinds @ 50/100 just about to go up.

It took me until (13:48 18/03/2014) to take it down, having had the villain in and called on 4 occasions, and also losing the chiplead twice before finally winning.

*77 hands to win his last 6xbb :/

Not sure I can stomach doing that another 29 times
  • edited March 2014
    DYM Current standing 6-0 Awaiting the inevitable collapse!
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    BOOM!

The Girlie PLO8-ers off to a flyer.

Fly the PLO8 flag!
  • edited March 2014
    wow bad start for me played-5 won-1 rest of them nowhere lol need up my game and run good if want get in top 6 :)
  • edited March 2014
    Think I've just played 30 DYMs and cashed in 21 giving an ROI of 27.3% (ish) if my maths is correct? I think that has absolutely no chance whatsoever but is an early score for you guys to jump over.
    Posted by JohnConnor

As expected, John. WP anyway.
  • edited March 2014
    wow bad start for me played-5 won-1 rest of them nowhere lol need up my game and run good if want get in top 6 :)
    Posted by liamboi11
    Played 6, won 1?

What?

• edited March 2014
    When will the first leaderboard be up? i cant wait till tomorrow :(
  • edited March 2014
    A little off topic but re the regular sng payout scales, it would be better in my opinion if the payout for coming second was twice the buyin (inc rake). Would just give a better chance of being profitable in these long term I think. I realize the payouts are probably standard but I still think it would be better.

Under my way for a £5.5 game the payouts would be:

1st  £19 (instead of £19.5)
    2nd £11 (instead of £10.50)

It just sounds an awful lot easier to come 3rd in a DYM for £10 compared to 2nd in a sng for £10.50. Maybe why sng traffic is so low compared to DYM's normally.  

• edited March 2014

Just crossed my mind that over such a small sample of games and most likely a huge playerpool taking part theres a good chance that there may be tie/s at the bottom of the leaderboard, lots of players are sure to have identical records...

Has this been mentioned? How will it be settled?