You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New kid on the block

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Done quite well tonight to make up what was an awful weekend in more ways than one away from the tables, had a decent Sunday/Monday back at home and got back to poker on Tuesday.

Tuesday night went pretty badly, managed to recover a little by finishing 3rd in the £5 turbo to finish £18 down. Also managed to final table the 18:20 £5 BH for £19 without taking any heads. Lost majority of key hands tuesday night, hence finishing down.

Wednesday was a lot different and better, decided i'd give the rebuys a shot for the first time this year and probably in about 7 months, and I ran and played pretty well. The night started off well when I final tabled the 18:20 £5 BH yet again, and also final table bubbled the 18:30 £2 rebuy, accumilating around £45 from those cashes put together. The other games didn't go to plan other than the Main/Mini/Megastack. 

The megastack I like to take it easy for a few hours and pick spots very accordingly and always seem to manage to have a top 5 stack with around 40-50 left, and then start applying pressure. Got to the bubble rather short and ended up in laddering mode till the final 3, used my edge well vs 2 fish in pre flop spots, then someone cottoned on to limp the button with something good and trap me, I actually woke up with a suited ace to jam anyway but guy had AA and held. Finished 3rd for around £40.

Mini eventually ended up being no good, spent a fair bit on this with AK not holding early on and a flush draw not getting there. Got 77 in vs J9 with 40 left , came J3537 so thought luck was turning my way but ended up busting in 37th, AQ did not hold against A4, board came 87532 so he flopped extras, turned extras and just had a bad feeling. 2 put me out of my misery and time to concentrate on the main.

Main started ok, only spent £33 on it and was on 11k at the addon break. Dropped a bit, played a couple of hands well and made a good call down to DU against a reg who was applying pressure but I smelt the BS. Doubled again with KK<99 and then got an awful table draw with Marc Wright and the chip lead on my left, IH8PALACE on my right, with Lerky/Touch_MR/Mulberry, and suddenly I stopped getting dealt cards. Mr Wright was applying pressure everywhere as expected so did alot of folding towards the bubble. The bubble I could not find a hand to go with and my stack was dwindling fast. I got A9o in the big blind with around 8.5bb back, but action went UTG open and 40bb jam, so ended up folding. Eventually the bubble burst and I tried to find spots. Doubled twice, Marc Wright got moved and had a player on my left I knew was very tight so started jamming ATC with confidence blind on blind. Doubled against Mr Bates in a flip, then laddered to final 3 tables. Doubled up off SJ AK<Q8 (was rather short), then came my ext with 15 left. Open AKo utg, Lmfa()allin 3bets the SB, quite a committing raise. Easy jam for me, he calls and flips over 99. No good.

Ended up +£67 tonight. Little disappointed but again, got to be relatively pleased.
  • edited March 2015
    #1 fun call down, decided on the flop I was going to let reg fire as I'm not sure he raises anything on flop that beats me. River was a bit puke though, but stuck with the gut as the saying goes. Villain is a laggy reg.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    xSmall blind  200.00 200.00 19322.50
    reg Big blind  400.00 600.00 26328.75
      Your hole cards
    • K

milner19 Fold     
    I3ubblejo Fold     
    MAXLOTUS Fold     
    Matt237 Raise  800.00 1400.00 8855.00
    Fold     
    reg Call  400.00 1800.00 25928.75
    Flop

• K

reg Check     
    Matt237 Bet  800.00 2600.00 8055.00
    reg Raise  2000.00 4600.00 23928.75
    Matt237 Call  1200.00 5800.00 6855.00
    Turn

reg Bet  2400.00 8200.00 21528.75
    Matt237 Call  2400.00 10600.00 4455.00
    River

• A

reg Bet  10600.00 21200.00 10928.75
    Matt237 All-in  4455.00 25655.00 0.00
    reg Unmatched bet  6145.00 19510.00 17073.75
    reg Show

Matt237 Show
    • K

Matt237 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 7s 19510.00  19510.00
    #2 Exact same as above, I feel I'm miles ahead so best way is to let another laggy player hang himself, any thoughts?
    reg Small blind  250.00 250.00 17673.75
    milner19 Big blind  500.00 750.00 10197.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

I3ubblejo Fold     
    MAXLOTUS Fold     
    Matt237 Raise  1000.00 1750.00 14560.00
    Call  1000.00 2750.00 16842.50
    reg Fold     
    milner19 Fold     
    Flop

• J
    • A

Matt237 Check     
    Check     
    Turn

Matt237 Check     
    Bet  1200.00 3950.00 15642.50
    Matt237 Call  1200.00 5150.00 13360.00
    River

Matt237 Check     
    Bet  3375.00 8525.00 12267.50
    Matt237 Call  3375.00 11900.00 9985.00
    xShow

Matt237 Show
    • A
    • Q

Matt237 Win Pair of Aces 11900.00  21885.00
    #3 C kept trying to bully me in small pots, I try to rep AK hard. :)
    Small blind  125.00 125.00 16080.00
    Matt237 Big blind  250.00 375.00 8730.00
      Your hole cards
    • J

touch_MR Fold     
    rancid Fold     
    milner19 Fold     
    I3ubblejo Fold     
    Raise  375.00 750.00 15705.00
    Matt237 Raise  1400.00 2150.00 7330.00
    Call  1150.00 3300.00 14555.00
    Flop

• K

cCheck     
    Matt237 Bet  1450.00 4750.00 5880.00
    Call  1450.00 6200.00 13105.00
    Turn

Check     
    Matt237 All-in  5880.00 12080.00 0.00
    Fold     
    Matt237 Muck     
    Matt237 Win  6200.00  6200.00
    Matt237 Return  5880.00 0.00 12080.00
  • edited March 2015
    Taking a bit of time out due to a poor week and some devastating recent news of my nan passing earlier today whilst I was at football game. 

Will play the freeroll tomorrow but no play until Wednesday at the very earliest. Good luck everyone, hope to be back fully before UKOPs although I will miss a fair bit of it for football commitments.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: New kid on the block:
    Taking a bit of time out due to a poor week and some devastating recent news of my nan passing earlier today whilst I was at football game.  Will play the freeroll tomorrow but no play until Wednesday at the very earliest. Good luck everyone, hope to be back fully before UKOPs although I will miss a fair bit of it for football commitments.
    Posted by Matt237
    Sorry to hear that man.  Take it easy and see you soon.
  • edited March 2015
    Taking a bit of time out due to a poor week and some devastating recent news of my nan passing earlier today whilst I was at football game.  Will play the freeroll tomorrow but no play until Wednesday at the very earliest. Good luck everyone, hope to be back fully before UKOPs although I will miss a fair bit of it for football commitments.
    Posted by Matt237
    Heartfelt sympathy to you Matt, and your family 

• edited March 2015
    Matt best wishes to you and the family.
  • edited March 2015
    First proper session back after what has been a week from hell. Need to sleep but expect a long update in the morning.

+£112 tonight in short.
  • edited March 2015

Very sorry to hear about your Nan, Matt. 
  • edited March 2015
    Know how you feel matt. Lost my Grandmother in May 2014. Stay Strong... My Condolences to you & your family. 
  • edited April 2015
    March away from the tables was an absolute month to forget. Everything just decided to go wrong. More news came out about my parents divorce which happened 8 years ago that has now killed me inside too as it seems myself and sister have been lied to all this time and one of my parents was deemed to be made 'almost scu(m)' by the rest of my family, turns out it's been a cover up and its the other way around!

Funeral next Thursday, not really something to look forward to especially as one parent does not want the other to attend but they are coming anyway to pay tribute (well you would wouldn't you if she was a mother in law for 16 years).

Close friend of mine who has anxiety also been harrassed and followed around by a couple of people who seem intent on ruining her life for personal gain, another thing which upsets me and kinda makes me angry. Some people eh?

Then there is poor old Matt stuck here at Uni not wanting to go home over the easter break because of everything that's gone on and has not really had a clear head or motivation to do any work or poker, even football games have seemed like a chore.

The only good news I can bring out of March is that i've officially been taken off my consultants list and discharged from hospital for 6 months. Having been through faulty big operations, life threatening conditions, receiving terrible news of things I have to live the rest of my life with. So being on a 6 month list is awesome stuff.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right, Mini life rant over. 10 day break from life has done myself good and we're back.

March was not a great volume month, In total I played 137 MTTs and made £226 + £11 ish on rakeback so with all that's gone on we can be rather happy with that I suppose.

A few months back I was targetting DYMs for my poker fix but with one of my modules this semester being 1 hour a week with 0 exam assessment I seem to have more time on my hands so will continue down the MTT road for now and see where we are at the end of April before exam time comes along. Have a lot planned for April so not many poker targets I can set. I have found a good fixed daily schedule with extras dependant on the day now to stick to and try and put a lot more MTT volume in. Going to target 250-300 games, will take any profit obvs :-). Good luck everyone.
  • edited April 2015
    Got a bit unlucky tonight in some key spots. 

- Walked into AK for a nice pot in main heading towards the very late stages. 
    - Ran into Kgee's JJ in the mega just after the bubble with 22 which did not hit (Scr(e)w you Mrs D)
    - Final tabled the turbo and got coolered twice AJ into AA, then JJ into QQ and ended up cashing 6th.

Spent £38,50 in the Mini and got exactly nowhere. 
    Had good banter on main table with SJSpanky, poor guy didn't run very well :-(.

£5 BHs were not very friendly and neither were both £5 200gtds or £2 rebuys, never mind. Bad night overall

April so far:

Count - 12
    Cashes - 3
    Profit - -£45,29
    Points - 140
  • edited April 2015

Well played in Main last night Matt. Very solid. Thought you were set for a real deep run, next week eh?

Think we've spent time together and exchanged pleasantries in Main events twice now. The first time I have a hazy recollection of a final table and a nice cash for me. Last night was me running like a sloth in treacle for your merriment. Just so you know I much prefer it when you are a good luck charm not a jinx.

Soz to hear about the real life stuff. S@*t does seem to happen in cycles. Chin up, upwards and onwards and good luck on and off the virtual felt.
  • edited April 2015
    Haha yes thanks for the post. Twice in my last 2 plays in the rebuy main i've lost a key hand to go deep. 2 weeks ago with about 14 left, last night about 34. 

Kind of a shame my cards only added up to 17 when I jam into AK last night and he hits a King straight away on the flop. We move on!
  • edited April 2015
    Sorry you've been having a sh!t time Matt, it's likely you'll look back and at least be grateful you now know the truth about the family situation even though it's really tough to deal with.
    I, too in my last year at school/first year at Uni had to suddenly deal with a huge, terrible family secret coming out, which almost destroyed a few members of my family so I can sympathise with you. My grandma also died around the same time too, so I really feel for you.
    Hope you have a nice Easter break and maybe see you at a table soon!
    MrsD x

• edited April 2015
    Thanks Mrs D, hope to see you soon too :-D

Poker tings. Did ok 

Was in both the main and mini at the 11pm break but relatively short in both. Defo like the new format of the main events obviously as its more chips and more edge available in some spots. Final tabled the Big £5 BH again. Didn't really run well overall, had several nasty exits elsewhere, walked into KK in mini with my AKss, lost a 3way all in with AJ vs KT and AT (both pots) in the big £11 BH. So story was had some stacks but coolers prevented much further action. Bubbled £2 rebuy, came 9th in a 200gtd with FT paid. 

Very happy with performance in the 3 games I cashed though, 4 nights in a row i've gone deep in the 18:45 300+ runner BH, and back to back main cashes is always nice. Got about £80 return on the £33 tonight.

April so far:

Count - 23
    Cashes - 6
    Profit - -£6,34
    Points - 250

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next proper session will be all day Sunday, may play Saturday evening tiredness pending but today (Friday) I am travelling up to Castleford to see the mighty Leeds Rhinos in action. Then off for drinks with the old school peeps in Stratford upon Avon in the evening assuming I get back in decent time. Then off to Cheltenham for a massive game in Gloucester away. Looking forward to the weekend, especially after the week i've had.
  • edited April 2015
    Friday day out was fantastic. Saturday not so much. Sunday poker was decent although I had to dereg some things because I was getting really tired.

Think I played quite well overall. Did bad blows in the £11 4pm UKOPS BH whilst on phone to mum and ended up busting making a bad call after not really focusing on the hand. On the phone to relatives defo -ev.

Got HU in the £5 Rebuy against Jawz who played the final table really well, I doubled a few times but in smaller pots I was getting owned lol, eventually he got me.

Then went deep in the UKOPS £5 Rebuy and busted around 14th for £32, Won the £2 daily Rebuy for around 90 odd. Cashed in the £2 Speed for another 25. Bubbled the £5 Deep stack sadly, Jammed AK into KJ, for the board to come JJTJx :-(.
    Bricks elsewhere however, would have played the main and £22 freezeout had I been less tired.

Good night nonetheless and look forward to tomorrow, an absolute massive game for my team Leamington which could well decide our fate of survival or relegation.

April so far:

Count - 40
    Cashes - 11
    Profit - +£79,77
    Points - 383
  • edited April 2015
    Been a loooooooooooooong 9 days more things have happened on and off the felt whilst i've been away. Pretty sure most people know where I would stand on this whole collusion ting, as a DTD admin and frequent results manager/poster, and I think I made my view clear elsewhere.

First night back at poker (properly) I played and ran terribly but managed to pull out a night saving win in the £2 speed. Got to about 8 left and realised I could win this, had a few tight players on my 4 handed table with 8 left so spun up a 3bb stack to a top 3 stack going into the final table then went on a coolering rampage where I knocked every single player out on the FT and won for £108, thus saving my night from a potential £80 loss. Played some HU/DYM last night and broke almost dead even so will include those in the points. 

Todays plan is get as much as the Uni assessment completed as possible (hopefully finished) before my Friday deadline. Yes standard last minute job ;-)

April so far:

Count - 51
    Cashes - 12
    Profit - +£118.87
    Points - 634
  • edited April 2015
    2 final tables and that's about it. Lots of near misses, 20th in £2 speed 13 paid, 14th in Megastack 10 paid, 8th in 200gtd 5 paid. Spent £55 on main and £16,50 on mini and both ended busting mid-late stage in flips. Never mind!

Played rather ABC tonight, didn't get many spots before the add on in either games, had Jordz to my left for the first 2 hours which wasn't great. Not really much I can say about tonight other than it was a £50 loss lol.

Very excited about the next DTD live game in June at Milton Keynes ... Full details posted tomorrow.

Back to my assessment for now and supposed to be going to a late birthday dinner for someone in our building upstairs in Birmingham so not sure when i'll get back but hope to be back in time to LR the main/mini and get some games in. Or may possibly have to blow off poker tomorrow if this spreadsheet isn't finished, we'll see :-) You know what the student generation are like nowadays always last minute :-)

April so far:

Count - 63
    Cashes - 14
    Profit - +£68,07
    Points - 772
  • edited April 2015
    Sent off my work yesterday actually quite proud of it, finished it at around 5am, meant I was able to relax and get rather drunk last night :-)

Today will be the first ever time i've not been able to look forward to a football game due to nerves taking over. Whilst always have to be worried when the ambition is consolidation, relegations are a part of football but did definitely did not see this coming. 28th Feb was our last win and we won 5-1 against then 2nd bottom Colwyn Bay. Said from there we needed 2 wins to be safe - Since then we've picked up 2 points out of possible 24. Win and all that takes it to the last day (or possibly tuesday when that game in hand is being played) but think if we are going rather just get it out of the way today. Problem is every team down there should be winning easily today. 

• edited June 2015
    Ok so its been 2 months since last update. But also been 2 months since i've played. Had various things going on such as Uni first year exams, moving out of halls back home and a few trips away. We are now semi settled down for summer, although moving back to Wolverhampton into our house early July so will have plenty of free time to get back into the groove.

Bump is for anyone going to MK, will be there Friday night and Saturday, hopefully winning some money. Just look for the little guy running around that doesn't look old enough to be in there. Will have Red sunglasses too. If you do come in conversation with me, speak towards the right side of me because that's where my hearing aid is :-).

Look forward to it.
  • edited June 2015
    great post matt see you tomorrow at mk youll get a few bevvys outta me ill be in my wheel chair ive just nicknamed it robbo be great to meet you youll hear me lol im there for 1 oclock lunchtime see you tomorrow
  • edited June 2015
    Matty looking forward to seeing you! Won't forget the EGG!!! Still got it in one piece lol
  • edited June 2015
    You'd be surprised how hard it was to get into a 21+ hotel as a 19 year old. Nowhere on the terms did it say 21+ and they've had my details for 2 months. 

Ah well. Live debut tonight, look forward to it but slightly daunting
  • edited June 2015
    You'd be surprised how hard it was to get into a 21+ hotel as a 19 year old. Nowhere on the terms did it say 21+ and they've had my details for 2 months.  Ah well. Live debut tonight, look forward to it but slightly daunting
    Posted by Matt237
    Hope it's all sorted now matty. good luck tonight. x
  • edited June 2015
    Just about, the way I've been treated here is shocking. 
  • edited June 2015
    Tonight was an absolute pleasure, meeting some true ladies and gentlemen. But the highlight being sharing a cash table with Tomgoodun and Lmfa0allin for the better part of 3 hours after busting the turbo. I ended up leaving the casino about £52 up, but just a bonus really, and really can't wait for tomorrow when everyone else is there and hopefully cash tables will be more populated later on.

Makes up for the hotel farce.
  • edited June 2015
    So I am first out. There was an mp1 open, mp2 called. Make a sizeable 3bet with KK in cut off, 2 calls. Flop Kd Jd 10x, continue 3/4 pot, called by mp2. Turn Xd and they lead for 1/3rd pot. Sick feeling but never folding 8;1 with top set so pile it in, up against Q9dd so the cheeky woman (Yes you Olive) flopped it too. No board pair on the end. Ah well alcohol and cash tables later :)
  • edited June 2015
    So I am first out. There was an mp1 open, mp2 called. Make a sizeable 3bet with KK in cut off, 2 calls. Flop Kd Jd 10x, continue 3/4 pot, called by mp2. Turn Xd and they lead for 1/3rd pot. Sick feeling but never folding 8;1 with top set so pile it in, up against Q9dd so the cheeky woman (Yes you Olive) flopped it too. No board pair on the end. Ah well alcohol and cash tables later :)
    Posted by Matt237
    Live poker ...........rigged innit!
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New kid on the block : Live poker ...........rigged innit!
    Posted by VespaPX
    85 minutes between me going out first and then the next person, was a little bit bored lol. 

Sick hand, can't ever fold for what I had behind on turn
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by Matt237

Sorry matty xx lol oops