You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Return of the Jac

Comments

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac:
    In Response to  Re: Return of the Jac : I can see from the other thread that you're a bit of a SPAWNY EYED mardy moaner WASSOCK Switching allegiance to Derby is a fine idea. The Mighty Rams will give you plenty to be mardy about.
    Posted by Jac35

FYP
  • edited September 2016

I can see from the other thread that you're a bit of a SPAWNY EYED TOP BOKKER mardy moaner WASSOCK
    Switching allegiance to Derby is a fine idea.
    The Mighty Rams will give you plenty to be mardy about.

FMP
  • edited September 2016
    I can see from the other thread that you're a bit of a SPAWNY EYED TOP BOKKER mardy moaner WASSOCK Switching allegiance to Derby is a fine idea. The Mighty Rams will give you plenty to be mardy about. FMP
    Posted by Jac35

Learned from the best :-)
  • edited September 2016
    Not a great run at poker over the last couple of weeks but it's ok. I'm down a little bit fortunately rakeback has helped make it not too bad.
    Lost with aces and kings a fair few times last night but for balance I won a £120 pot at 10/20
    Master cash with AA v KK and QQ. I closed my eyes as the board ran out :)
    Golf was good but a little frustrating ultimately on Wednesday. I didn't play very well but grinded out a score. Al I needed to get back down to single figures were two bogies in the last two holes. Choked on 17 and put it the water and ended up missing by one shot.
    Good weekend of football ahead. Looking forward to seeing the new era for United continue tomorrow dinner. Then it's the Mighty Rams v the might of Newcastle.

If there's anyone out there who hasnt heard the Dean Saunders story about Brian Clough you really need to listen to this 
  • edited September 2016
    I bought a premium scotch egg yesterday. Inside, it was lacking an egg.
    My new HappyJacOmeter was tested a little but I  smiled ruefully and didn't go grumpy.
    Wp me
  • edited September 2016
    Not a great run at poker over the last couple of weeks but it's ok. I'm down a little bit fortunately rakeback has helped make it not too bad. Lost with aces and kings a fair few times last night but for balance I won a £120 pot at 10/20 Master cash with AA v KK and QQ. I closed my eyes as the board ran out :) ... Golf was good but a little frustrating ultimately on Wednesday. I didn't play very well but grinded out a score. Al I needed to get back down to single figures were two bogies in the last two holes. Choked on 17 and put it the water and ended up missing by one shot. ... Good weekend of football ahead. Looking forward to seeing the new era for United continue tomorrow dinner. Then it's the Mighty Rams v the might of Newcastle. ... If there's anyone out there who hasnt heard the Dean Saunders story about Brian Clough you really need to listen to this  https://youtu.be/XncHiVrZM-E
    Posted by Jac35

Saw this on FB yesterday, absolutely brilliant. 
  • edited September 2016
    What a manager Brian Clough was, England lost the chance to win trophies by not appointing him.
    His autobiography is a fantastic read, it was sad how his reign at Forest ended, but I prefer to remember all his good teams, and wonderful interviews and achievements in the game. 
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Saw this on FB yesterday, absolutely brilliant. 
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    I met Brian Clough outside the city ground when i was 10 or 11 and his words were. 

"i am just back from holiday, i am trying to sign Dean Saunders"

I think he then went to Liverpool
  • edited September 2016
    Played last night. Loads of points and won £6
    Cpfc2010 also played. He won the main but didn't get many points 

Was great to see Pat (day4eire76) play so well on Friday night when he came 2nd in the main.

Didn't bother watching any football yesterday 
  • edited September 2016
    Good to see you take my advice on how to play AA ;)
    Really pleased for CPFC and Pat, I am learning lots by hand analysis, must have helped my game, either that or a) I'm a total luckbox or b) my boom switch is stuck in the on position.
    Football sucks, definate penalty.
  • edited September 2016
    Short break for me.
    All being well we move in 2 weeks. Lap top has been packed away. Too much to do and playing very poorly at present so it's a good time for a rest anyway.
    Was pushing for priority this month. Got 6500 points so far but not worth it I lose a chunk on the way to getting to 30%.

Day off today and so time to finish clearing the shed and make another 5 visits or so to the tip. How do we accumulate so much junk?
    I've decided to get rid of all my books. Hate getting rid of them but it makes sense as I'll never pick them up to read again. All going to charity. It doesn't irk me in the slightest that 2 entire shelves are filled with Penny cookbooks that haven't been looked at once since we moved in 10 years ago and they need to come with us apparently.
    She has also decided that her videos! and DVDs all need to come along too.. 
    She's reasonably smart by woman standards, but I'm shaking my head at some of this.

A fair few bits of tat that Penny wished to take may get mixed up in error and taken to the tip
    Went to see Derby on Tuesday. We've been awful all season but we actually played well. We had 25 shots and they had one. Pity Carson decided to throw it in the net. As McCarthy said, they mugged us off.
    Hopefully we'll start to turn it around soon.
    Just a goal would be nice.
  • edited September 2016
    I was reading all the reasons why a fellow Sky player thinks September is an exciting month on another forum yesterday.
    It's always been the opposite for me.
    Goes right back to school days and the end of the summer holidays. Maybe not this year but it normally starts to get colder. The nights draw in at an alarming pace and we can't play outdoors as much. It's the start of 6 months of rubbishness. At 4pm it's night time whereas in the summer we're considering if we can sneak a full 18 holes.
    Cold weather is rubbish. Rain is rubbish. That sinking feeling that it's only going to get worse. 
    At least I've got Derbys promotion charge to look forward to!
  • edited September 2016
    I was reading all the reasons why a fellow Sky player thinks September is an exciting month on another forum yesterday. It's always been the opposite for me. Goes right back to school days and the end of the summer holidays. Maybe not this year but it normally starts to get colder. The nights draw in at an alarming pace and we can't play outdoors as much. It's the start of 6 months of rubbishness. At 4pm it's night time whereas in the summer we're considering if we can sneak a full 18 holes. Cold weather is rubbish. Rain is rubbish. That sinking feeling that it's only going to get worse.  At least I've got Derbys promotion charge to look forward to!
    Posted by Jac35
    Careful Paul - Lady Bromley gets well tetchy when described as a fellow.

Have to say, she writes beautifully, especially for one who's day job is as a typist.

• edited September 2016
    Happy Days Mon-Weds, you'll be missed :)
  • edited September 2016
    They know
    I can almost hear the sound of Sky dym players rejoicing across the country.
    They know.
    They know that I woke up this morning all fine and dandy and then turned over. Turned over and cricked my bloody neck. Hurts like a bastaard. Had a comically painful shower and got my lift into work. Thought it would ease quickly enough. Has it balls! Getting more uncomfortable by the minute. I do a pretty physical job. Told my boss.

I got the response I expected from my caring employer.
    "Well it's your call"
    Then there was talk of getting an immediate appointment with my doctor. Yeah of course. I'll say it's medically urgent and demand an appointment today. I'm sure the people with real illness will be perfectly happy to wait a day or so for their appointments. No doubt in amongst the regular calls to "see how you're doing" it will be mentioned that I'm off next week as I'm moving house. Yes, I'm making it all up. I need extra time to pack.
    It was nice though that a lift home was offered. Oh, actually it wasn't. I'm now walking to the bus station.

Anyway :)
    Laptop will be unpacked and I will be doing my bollockss at Dyms and early morning mtts shortly.

94th minute equaliser. 24 points in the stableford.
    Bah
    At least the events of the last 48 hours haven't made me grumpy again :)

• edited September 2016
    Try biofreeze gel.

(for the neck...definitely not for doing your boll*cks)
  • edited September 2016
    Good to see nothings changed in the couple of years ive been off the grid.

Still rambling I see.  And still moaning about Derby.

Same thread - different title.

Still,  its a good browse when im bored at work.

Keep up the good work
  • edited September 2016
    Good to see nothings changed in the couple of years ive been off the grid. Still rambling I see.  And still moaning about Derby. Same thread - different title. Still,  its a good browse when im bored at work. Keep up the good work
    Posted by gazza127
    I love gazza.
  • edited September 2016
    So here we are at Derby for the rebuy.
    It's been a long week.
    Been slowly losing my mind at poker online. I'm gonna blame other stresses for it I think.
    Exchange in house is now going to be on the same day as completion. I know, this isn't a perfect scenario but fingers crossed it all works out.
    My Grandad is very poorly. We had to break the door down at his house on Thursday as he wasn't answering. As I've mentioned before he has dementia and we found him in a very confused dehydrated state fully clothed in bed. The paramedics took him in and incredibly he was released that night. Yesterday when my Uncle arrived he was on the floor clothes only from the waist up and with a lot of blood everywhere. Hed banged his head and it wasn't actually too big a cut.

He's now back in the Royal and they're going to keep him in for at least a week. He has a couple of infections which are making everything a lot worse than normal.
    I think now that he's been admitted then it's unlikely he'll ever go back home again. A care home would be the safest place for him. My Mum and Uncle have fought this for some time and I can understand why. He's lived on that house for 60+ years. They're worried that moving would finish him. I see that but at the same time he just isn't safe on his own. They would never forgive themselves if something bad happened

So sad to see him like this.
    Rebuy tonight and then I'm going to stumble over the line for priority. Only a few hundred points away and so it'd be silly not to get there.
    After that I plan on a break from online for a short while. Too much going on and I'm losing money.
    Poker really isn't that important.
    So, let's do some wins tonight and have a few beers.
    I need both :)
  • edited September 2016
    Need to add that there are some very good people around this place.
    Tomgoodun and Cpfc have been rocks recently and a few others have been great too
  • edited September 2016
    Good evening Jac.
    Sorry to hear your bad news, hope things start to improve.
    I am not religious but i will say  a prayer for your loved ones.
    All the best.
    Rainman215.
  • edited September 2016
    Good evening Jac. Sorry to hear your bad news, hope things start to improve. I am not religious but i will say  a prayer for your loved ones. All the best. Rainman215.
    Posted by rainman215
    Thank you very much
    The very best of luck to you tonight in the roller 

You may be able to help me actually. I think you would deal with this perfectly.

The gentleman next to me has an iPad 
    He has headphones but is choosing not to use them
    He's watching xfactor with the volume really loud

No one seems in the slightest bit bothered by it. 
    Shall I bite my lip and just try and ignore it all. This is rather difficult though. Sharon Osbourne is very loud and grating 
  • edited September 2016
    Sharon Osbourne fan has left us for a while thank goodness 
    Gotta love the rebuy
    Guy late regged 
    Has gone all in 5 times on the bounce pre. Been called by better each time. Improbably won every hand.
    He started with 15k and now has just over 100k. Average is 18k
    He's just stood up and said he's off to smoke weed and will be back in a couple of hours
  • edited September 2016
    break it in half ;)
    hope things improve with grandad all the best m8 and gl tonight
  • edited September 2016
    Hi Paul.
    First off, thanks for the kind words.
    iPad guy - say Sharon is really irritating isn't she? It makes me want to break things whenever I hear her voice.

Now the tough one, it must be heartbreaking for you and your family to see your grandfather in such a way. As I have mentioned my dear daughter works in a care home and the things she shares with me about residents she cares for are really upsetting even though we don't know them personally, to have someone close to you suffering in that way..well I don't know how I would cope.
    It may be a selfish thing to say but I would rather things happen to me than any of my family, but then again it puts them through pain also...life's tough.
    I wish you all the best with the house move, and better luck in poker, AND a little  mantra that has helped me enormously over the years - grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
    Have fun.
  • edited September 2016
    Good luck in the rebuy.

Sorry to hear about your Grandad, and I hope you find the right place soon, it's a difficult process but worth spending the time to get the choice right. Seems like you have other family around to share the workload which is good, especially when you have the move to sort out. 

Are you sure you want priority though? Apparently you can be better off without it or so I have read.

At least Derby finally provided some entertainment for you on the pitch.

• edited September 2016
    5th for £95 profit is ok
    Got 2 free pizzas too. Buy 1 get 1 free on Sundays (needed something to soak up the alcohol)

Ordered at 7.15. At 8.45 still not arrived. Had a little grumble. They comped it :)

One guy ran worse than me!
    Player cold called his 3bet shove with 55. Guy had QQ 
    Flop 
    5 Q X 
    Turn 
    Next hand he gets it in with Ak v Ak 
    Turn and river give other guy flush

No cash for me tonight. Home time

Gn all

• edited September 2016

That's ghastly news about Grandad, very sorry to hear that.
  • edited September 2016
    Need to add that there are some very good people around this place. Tomgoodun and Cpfc have been rocks recently and a few others have been great too
    Posted by Jac35
    Karma is a wonderful thing.

Last night's Roller....

cpfc_2010 - 1st, £4,142
  • edited September 2016
    Sorry to hear your family news Jac. 

Enjoy a break from the tables, we don't want to be tormenting ourselves when we're already up against things emotionally.

Glad you've got a few rocks.