You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Return of the Jac

Comments

• edited August 2016
    We love football and can't wait for the new season because it is really important to us.

And then something reminds us it is just a stupid game that doesn't really matter.

All the best to you and Mrs Jac.
  • edited August 2016
    Best wishes to Penny and yourself Paul, must be tough for you both, hope things turn out for the best.
  • edited August 2016
    Stay strong Paul be there for each other gl
  • edited August 2016
    Best wishes to you and your wife bud.
  • edited August 2016
    Sorry to hear this Paul, hope everything works out for you both.
  • edited August 2016

Ghastly news, & as dragon posted, it's a bit of a reality check for those of us getting excited or fretting over trivialities.

A friend of mine from Next Door is in a similar situation to Penny. These days he is confined to a wheelchair, but he still somehow made it to Vegas this summer. He never stops smiling & being cheerful. I've no idea how he copes with it.

Good vibes sent.

• edited August 2016
    Thank you very much for the comments.

Hospital was brutal tbh
    There for 8 hours and she was never actually assessed. It was awful. A doctor finally came over at 9.40 and took details and then said she was off at 10 so we would leave notes for doctor taking over. At 1am he came across and went through the whole process again.
    He said he would only do one dose of steroids for her to take home and I would have to go back today to get full prescription. Just rung them up and it's not ready yet and they wouldn't give a time on when it will be.
    Did her more harm than good overall. Fatigue is a huge huge factor with MS and and she's  normally in bed by 9pm.
    Last night she finally went to bed at 3am.
    She'll be able to contact the MS nurses tomorrow and they'll soon get things all sorted.

Moral of story. Don't have MS at the weekend.
  • edited August 2016
    :( wishing you both all the best xx
  • edited August 2016
    All the best to Penny and to yourself mate hope it all works out for you. .Sean 
  • edited August 2016
    :( hope it gets sorted xx
  • edited August 2016
    Things became even more annoying yesterday.
    Penny rung the MS people to let them know that she'd had a relapse. They suggested that she should have waited until Monday as nobody is there at the weekend. It seems that you can only have MS between 9 till 5 Monday to Friday. Rather inconsiderate of Pen to have a relapse at the weekend.
    They were also concerned that she had been given the wrong steroids!

She's back there this morning. 

Obviously not played any poker for a while. Think it was last Monday that I last played. Might have a little go at it tonight. It's been really good to see some friends (see if I can get friends through this time) doing really well.
    Cpfc had a great result on Sunday as did Pat. Lmfaoallin won an mtt I think. Jimi was doing well too. I believe hhyftdr played a bit as well.
    Mighty Rams take on the might of Grimsby tonight. We must be pretty awesome. We were able to leave a £20 million rated player on the bench on Saturday.
    Not had time to check yet but i assume that we thrashed Brighton?
  • edited August 2016

Which of these two is most likely?

You have friends

Ronnie Rotund can play poker
  • edited August 2016

PS - Am on a train*. Posting from a train, how cool is that?

* 0735 ex Kings Cross, due in at Leeds at 0946, stopping at Stevenage, Grantham, Doncaster, Wakefield Westgate & Leeds.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac:
    Which of these two is most likely? You have friends Ronnie Rotund can play poker
    Posted by Tikay10
    They would probably just call me an acquaintance in fairness I guess

I didn't say that the dumpy troll wins at poker. Just that he plays it from time to time
  • edited August 2016
    PS - Am on a train*. Posting from a train, how cool is that? * 0735 ex Kings Cross, due in at Leeds at 0946, stopping at Stevenage, Grantham, Doncaster, Wakefield Westgate & Leeds.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Apologies, but I don't get trains.
    Other than Thomas Land and the Great Western between Paignton and Dartmouth,  I don't think I've been on a train for 25 years.
    Last 'proper' one I got on was probably Barnsley away as I mentioned a few posts back.

Baffles me
    An Aquaintance goes to London on trains.
    He drives 15 minutes to the train station. He spends 15 minutes parking and paying a good whack to do so. He then gets on a very expensive train to London.
    Just drive there me old fruit.
  • edited August 2016
    Ronnie Rotund can play alright.

1     markycash - £102hhyftrftdr - £103SJspanky1 - £10
  • edited August 2016
    Derby trying to sign Forestieri. Offered 7 million. Probs end up at 10 if we get him.
    Looked decent last season.
    Can't see Wednesday wanting or needing to sell but if his head gets turned by Derbys silly wages it changes things.
    If it helps, they can have Ince and Johnson as make weights :)
    Played poker last night. A little up at Dyms. Bust the 7.30 first hand with aces. That one and the 10.15 I never ever do well in. Bust main

Won 9pm £55 
    In Pleno speak. It made it an ok night :) was heads up with frankel. We were chatting a bit. Seemed a really nice chap who played the game in a great spirit. Nice to see.

Played 3 nights in last 10 days. Made just over £1500. Wish it was always like this!

• edited August 2016
    Last night was the first time I've played since last Tuesday
    Gentle stuff. Played 3 plo8 Dyms and got lucky. Won the £11 and £5.50 and lost the £3.30.

Ran well with he 2 sats I played. Got into the £55 speed for a fiver but took the cash and bubbled the £55 9pm but got £22.
    Played 3 mtts and went deep but made a couple of mistakes. Best finish was 10th in the £11bh.
    Nice little profit on night though.
    Have a completion date for 16th September. So much to do.
    Really want to start fresh with new house in many ways. We certainly need a clear out. Wife is a hoarder. She has 3 wardrobes full of clothes and prob wears about 10% of them.
    For some reason it didn't go well when I suggested that she threw out all clothe size 12 and below.
    Won worst dad of the year award last weak. Went to a sports shop with Harry. He was running along and didn't notice the clear Perspex in front of him. Rebounded about 5 yards. I shouldn't have laughed, but.....
    I'll look on the bright side regarding Derby. I have a bet each year with a Newcastle mate. This year it's just a straight who will finish higher at the end of the season.
    Winning that one right now :)
    Got a small little group on Facebook of poker 'friends'
    We've just made a class signing. Very happy about that.

• edited August 2016

A Jac Diplomacy Masterclass.....

".....She has 3 wardrobes full of clothes and prob wears about 10% of them.
    For some reason it didn't go well when I suggested that she threw out all clothe size 12 and below......"
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker stuff (mostly):
    In Response to Re: Poker stuff (mostly) : Fish and Chips Derby win Premier League Don't understand the question. Can't have one without the other. Messi Live Samantha25 Puff the Magic Dragon Tough one this. Derby Genting or Sands Room. £200 Absolutely 
    Posted by Jac35[/QUOTE

Due to the fact you're my least fav person ever, I'd not seen this. 

On a serious note tho dad, best wishes to mama Jac!! Hard times! 
    Although, you have to be excited that I shall have my voice back soon, and be able to bok you to victories again soon, huh?! ����

• edited August 2016
    Also, may I vote for less diaries on the forum please ;)
  • edited August 2016
    Thank you for your contribution as ever Samantha
  • edited August 2016
    I read the other day that Dave Colclough is ill. 

He was a pretty big name in the UK when I started.
    Hearing his name again reminded me of something. 
    People moaning about bad beats etc on forum tend to get short shrift. I'm as guilty as anyone for ridiculing them.

When i first started online I had a few bad runs where I seemed to lose every time. It couldn't possibly be me could it?
    Dave was involved with a site. I can't remember which one, and had a kind of Channing Chats section.
    I messaged him asking how to deal with bad beats and got a pretty curt reply.
    Something like
    "If you can't deal with beats then play another game"

I was a bit irritated by the response at the time but now I realise that he absolutely right.

I still can't deal with beats. But I'm still playing :)

Hope he gets better
  • edited August 2016
    Found this from 3 years ago. It was just before SPT Birmingham.
    I've had to edit one bit as I'm not overly friendly with the player I mentioned in the post these days. I figure he might not like the attempt at humour right now 

Well, If Mourinho can return, i thought so could the ramblings for a short period.

Basically, it's because i was fortunate enough to get a seat for Saturday. I was going anyway but was resigned to playing in the comp that night. Now, i'm going to feel a part of it, for a short while anyway, and it will be really good to meet some of the really good players on the forum, and Hhyftdr

I don't actually know anyone on here. And so, if any of you are meeting up beforehand and don't mind an ageing, tubby little man tagging along, then please let me know where and when.

Not quite sure why, but i am really looking forward to this.
    It reminds me of when i was a kid and couldn't wait for the Cup Final. Remember, back in the 80's this was the match of the season bar none. Not hidden away on a Saturday night, after all the important Premier League games like Fulham v Norwich have taken place.

Coverage was on both BBC and ITV and started mid morning. 
    We had the teams at the hotels, on the coach, the banal interviews. Every players prematch meal was pie and mash and favourite band was Genesis. Liverpools white suits.
    Remember the cup final songs? Everton had "HERE WE GO" Tottenham had a song that went something like "Spurs are on their way to Wembley, Ossies knees have gone all trembly"

In honour of those Cup Finals i thought i could do an interview. In the absence of Motty or Gary Newbon, i'll be asking the questions.

Pre match drink?

6-8 pints of Peroni in the Vine on Friday night.

Attire?

A rather fetching(flattering) dark shirt and jean combo.

Pre match music?

We're going with some old school. UTAH SAINTS and Joy Division.

Superstitions?

Never play the first hand. Unless it's Aces, or one of the cards has a picture on it, or they're the same suit, or they're connected.

Which charity?

Well, not charity as such but planning to donate plenty in the cash games after my brief spell in the tourney comes to a conclusion. Also, i believe somewhere else i pledged to buy Mr Tikay a latte, so another £2.50 or so there.

Good luck all, see you on Saturday

• edited August 2016

^^^^

Care to remind us how you got on at SPT Birmingham?

Pretty sure you never got me that latte, either.
  • edited August 2016
    I read the other day that Dave Colclough is ill.  He was a pretty big name in the UK when I started. Hearing his name again reminded me of something.  People moaning about bad beats etc on forum tend to get short shrift. I'm as guilty as anyone for ridiculing them. When i first started online I had a few bad runs where I seemed to lose every time. It couldn't possibly be me could it? Dave was involved with a site. I can't remember which one, and had a kind of Channing Chats section. I messaged him asking how to deal with bad beats and got a pretty curt reply. Something like "If you can't deal with beats then play another game" I was a bit irritated by the response at the time but now I realise that he absolutely right. I still can't deal with beats. But I'm still playing :) Hope he gets better
    Posted by Jac35
    Very sad news indeed, as you know, Dave & I were very close for many years & I still have great affection for him, even though we had a sort of business fallout. We have met in Vegas a few times in recent years, & are now cool like Fonz. (He lives in the Philippines now).

Surprised you cannot remember the name of the site, maybe you had a blonde moment.

Bad beats etc? In spooky timing, on that very same site this morning there is a Diary where a guy goes off on one because he lost a big pot last night with Kings v Aces. "I felt sick" etc etc.

I really wanted to say "play smaller if it hurts that much", but I doubt it would be very well received. If I have a moment of weakness, I might still say it, but I hope I don't. 

Oddly, he also win his biggest ever pot in the same session, but barely mentions it. There's a thing.    

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Very sad news indeed, as you know, Dave & I were very close for many years & I still have great affection for him, even though we had a sort of business fallout. We have met in Vegas a few times in recent years, & are now cool like Fonz. (He lives in the Philippines now).   Surprised you cannot remember the name of the site, maybe you had a blonde moment.   Bad beats etc? In spooky timing, on that very same site this morning there is a Diary where a guy goes off on one because he lost a big pot last night with Kings v Aces. "I felt sick" etc etc.   I really wanted to say "play smaller if it hurts that much", but I doubt it would be very well received. If I have a moment of weakness, I might still say it, but I hope I don't.  Oddly, he also win his biggest ever pot in the same session, but barely mentions it. There's a thing.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    It wasn't the site/forum you're thinking of
  • edited August 2016
    ^^^^ Care to remind us how you got on at SPT Birmingham? Pretty sure you never got me that latte, either.
    Posted by Tikay10
    There's no point in lying, the result was the highlight of the weekend.
    But just as good was that I got to meet so many people who are now good friends.

Adam was on my starting table and we got on straight away. I really appreciated him staying to the end and he was the first person to shake my hand when it finished. You'll realise immediately that I didn't know Natalie before Birmimgham. I asked to go and get me a drink at the end of of a break as we were just about ready to start again. If I'd known her beforehand I certainly wouldn't have dared do that!

PokerTrev and the Tpt guys made me feel really welcome
    . Roguecell, is a friend now. She never ever reminds me of the last hand :)
    It was good to meet up in person with Lambert, Don, Bates etc. 

Yeah, a pretty good couple of days.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : It wasn't the site/forum you're thinking of
    Posted by Jac35

Ahh, my bad. I had a blonde moment.

I really never knew that Dave was involved with any other sites.

• edited August 2016
    Played a bit last night.
    Somehow won £68.

Was going along nicely in main and £22bh. Had a dym going as well when we had a Powercut.
    Was only about 20 minutes but long enough for Tikay and the boys to blind me out. :)
    Came back to decent stacks still in the mtts but never won another hand. Had a gross one for 2 heads in the £22. Guy who sucked out then wrote a load of abuse in the chatbox. I Obv should rise above it but decided against taking the right course of action and maturely called him a moron
    Been playing a little bit of cash. I'm possibly getting slightly better at it. I'm now only a below average player as opposed to a terrible player.
    Had big skills in getting aces and turning a set v a flopped set for a £100+ pot.

I'm actually considering doing a bit of studying on that 4 card game. It would be nice to know the rules when I'm playing.
    With hold em and most certainly in nl Dyms I just kind of know the best play.
    I really don't in plo8. I got it in from the button with AA63 in an early level against the bbs 3bet. I had no idea if that was terrible from me or not 
    Doubt I'll play much again over the next few days. Really excited about the premier league season and will watch Man Utd tonight. Mighty Rams on tv tomorrow as well against one of Vespas  teams. One of Jimis as well.
    Gl me if we lose