You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Return of the Jac

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Kassouf may have been irritating but Bengers antics made sure that I was anti railing him on the final table.
  • edited November 2016
    I have watched a couple of interviews with Kassouf since he has been back in Europe and Luton (that's not a Brexit joke I am hinting, as I guess I cannot be too specific with other sponsors involved in the events).

Both seemed very one sided, how great it was for the game, people saying they want to be like him, he did nothing wrong, it's entertaining. Not even a hint that (apart from the tournament director, espn commentary and everyone on his feature table) that people might not like some of his antics or think he overstepped a line.

It's got people talking about him and the game, people talk about Joey Barton, is he good for football?

In one interview he says he is not like Tony G, he doesn't berate players, which I accept. He then goes on to say he is more like a Daniel Negreanu. No way - this guy has some serious delusions. 

Nice to see an upswing in the poker fortunes.

Toddler behaviour runbad - it happens - it will turn I am sure. Unsettled by the move maybe?

• edited November 2016
    Think I've only posted on here once (a year or so ago) to comment on a Paul Calf quote you used. I still think about that quote, it's brilliant. Would love to see Calf v Bengers hu. 
  • edited November 2016
    The Harry stories are my fav part of this diary :)
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac:
    The Harry stories are my fav part of this diary :)
    Posted by Donttelmum

No worries.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : No worries.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    There's only one Harry!
  • edited November 2016
    I'm def losing it
    Was 100% sure the Mighty Rams game was on Sunday. Had arranged for Aunty Barbara to come round and watch it with me.
    Was at work Saturday and bloke next to me said around 12.00 
    "Have you heard the teamnews?"

"What? 24 hours before the kick off? Of course not. Weirdo!"

Oops
    So I missed the first half which I'm told was about the best half of football we've played in a couple of years. Saw the second when we crapp though.

Great goal from Bent and a fantastic ball from Hughes.
    Gotta be one of the best Derby goals that I've seen.
    Played really small amounts of poker recently. Just a few dyms here and there. It's been going quite well. Think 14/17 wins. Hardly
    A sample but good for the confidence.
    Hope it doesn't go pearshaped tonight with the start of the triple points. Gonna have a good go at that and aim for 1k points each night. Would be nice to have priority wrapped up before I go to the Algarve next week with some yobbos.

• edited November 2016
    First night of triple points went well. 
    £125 up and 977 points. Really eased up in the last hour so I'm happy with the amount. Will be nice to make priority without having to work too hard. Nice to get off to a good start profit wise as well. The last few times I've decided to put proper volume in I've had a bad first night and have had to play catch up.

Won the majority of the £22s and £15s I played early on. Didn't want to play any higher than that. Proper reg filled tables and I made a decision to drop to £11s. Happy with that. When you're on tables with Timmy Reflex Spanky Nutter there aren't any spots and I think rake would be the big winner.

There will definitely be some record points totals this month. I made nearly 1k points tonight playing mainly £11s. I saw Timmy and Reflex regged for all games up to £110 and so I'd imagine that they could easily have made 5k plus in just those 3 hours.
  • edited November 2016
    And the world thought the British were mad after brexit....
  • edited November 2016
    So much for me grinding this month. Just did an hour last night and then decided to leave it. Decent results. £54 up and 335 points. I'll make priority again but it may take a little longer than I first thought.

It was quite amusing in one game. There were two players in it with identical names with a few numbers added on who were from Bristol. I don't think they were colluding, or they just weren't very good at it. I couldn't help question it when I first saw them. This lead to quite a lot of grief :)
    I was blasted for not playing any hands and being very weak (maybe they were smarter than I thought)
    Was quite nice to flop the nuts and bust one of them. Neither cashed. 
    Didn't see them again.

• edited November 2016
    Don't think anyone has noticed
    I have a 100% cashing rate in mini ukops

Really enjoyed it but I've got to concentrate on dyms for now 

• edited November 2016
    Don't think anyone has noticed I have a 100% cashing rate in mini ukops Really enjoyed it but I've got to concentrate on dyms for now 
    Posted by Jac35
    Well you certainly got favourable mention in the Day 1 Blog.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Well you certainly got favourable mention in the Day 1 Blog.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Mini whoosh 
    I most certainly did. Many thanks
  • edited November 2016
    Another solid night 
    515 points and £77 up.

Quitting early again. I really do get it all wrong. I should be playing right now when it's going well rather than playing loads when it's going the other way.
    But
    In the words of Dev "I'm booking the win" :)
  • edited November 2016
    Good work dude. 
  • edited November 2016
  • edited November 2016
    Yep, dude. 
    Posted by SR23
    Ta
  • edited November 2016
    Penny out tonight.
    Her parents have had Harry all day. I'm sure on the days when they know Penny is out at night they giggle and feed him lots of smarties and let him have 4 hours sleep.

Took me a while to get him down. Then, two minutes after he'd finally dropped off, he fell out of the bed.

He's learned a new song tonight anyway.
    He's already very good with "bounce in a minute" (the lyrics do have to be changed a little for that one)
    Every time we go past the IPro he starts chanting "Derby, Derby"
    Tonight's song needs a little work. He's struggling a little with it right now
    "Stevie Macs Black and Barmy"
  • edited November 2016
    Penny out tonight. Her parents have had Harry all day. I'm sure on the days when they know Penny is out at night they giggle and feed him lots of smarties and let him have 4 hours sleep. Took me a while to get him down. Then, two minutes after he'd finally dropped off, he fell out of the bed. He's learned a new song tonight anyway. He's already very good with "bounce in a minute" (the lyrics do have to be changed a little for that one) Every time we go past the IPro he starts chanting "Derby, Derby" Tonight's song needs a little work. He's struggling a little with it right now "Stevie Macs Black and Barmy"
    Posted by Jac35

Poor Harry. NSPCC will get to hear about this.

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Poor Harry. NSPCC will get to hear about this.
    Posted by Phantom66
    What he said ^^

Good to see Schteve back in the game.

Winning at poker as well.  It's going to be hard to find things to moan about if you aren't careful?
  • edited November 2016
    Beer stopped play last night without a hand being dealt

Played tonight
    Bust £22 worth of mtts. Won £9 at cash and won a few dyms
    £9.19 up and 593 points

One of my more thrilling updates
  • edited November 2016
    Glad that's over!
    Played rubbish tonight. 1st losing night all week £8.50 but made £18.50 in rakeback. So, winning night :)
    Was struggling early on but went on the rampage towards the end and won 7 put of last 8 to make things a bit better.

Quite pleased with some decisions I'm making. Dropped down and played some £5.50s when I realised I was making silly mistakes. Played a £3 as well which I lost :) Enjoyed that game though as I had a good chat with a couple of players.

Felt for RLT. He was playing well but running really badly for a while. I gifted him a game on the bubble tonhelp him out. I'm kind like that. Made a terrible open and then compounded it by folding when I had to call.

Just scoped and there's some nice round numbers.
    Played on Sky for just under 5 years, played just a smidge under 15k dyms and won a smudge under £10k at them.
    Would be nice to get to the £10k before the 15k games.
    Got the horror child all day on my own tomorrow
    Wish me luck 
  • edited November 2016
    Gonna leave it at that for tonight. Too tired to carry on.
    Played good and ran good.
    Lost £1.23 at cash but won 9 out of 9 dyms for £89 profit.
    Wish it was always like this :)
    310 points
  • edited November 2016
    Gonna leave it at that for tonight. Too tired to carry on. Played good and ran good. Lost £1.23 at cash but won 9 out of 9 dyms for £89 profit. Wish it was always like this :) 310 points
    Posted by Jac35
    BEAST
  • edited November 2016
    Feel free to throw a drunken rant in now and again Paul.
  • edited November 2016
    Posted by DonttelWorzil

• edited November 2016
    My sister loves being called Aunt Sally
  • edited November 2016
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Patience dear boy, patience 
    I'm on the pisss from Friday to Monday this week and so there is every chance 
  • edited November 2016
    Had a little go last night.
    Bust the priority freeroll and then played a few dyms. Didn't run too well but that was coming. Made £18 and 210 points so all good. Maybe due to the England game the traffic seemed a lot quieter. 

Flying with the lovely RyanAir on Friday. Love RyanAir. Everything is so up front and honest.
    It appears that they've changed check in procedures now. You can only check in for the non allocated seating 4 days before you fly. This means that if you go for a week then you have to print off boarding passes for return whilst on holiday.
    Very nicely and conveniently though, if you prefer to pay £6 to choose your seat then you can print your boarding pass whenever the heck you like.

Cheers RyanAir. Lovable as always

After a surprise day off, the horror child is back in full swing. Was woken at 5am this morning with a blow to the head from an iPad.
  • edited November 2016
    Had a little go last night. Bust the priority freeroll and then played a few dyms. Didn't run too well but that was coming. Made £18 and 210 points so all good. Maybe due to the England game the traffic seemed a lot quieter.  Flying with the lovely RyanAir on Friday. Love RyanAir. Everything is so up front and honest. It appears that they've changed check in procedures now. You can only check in for the non allocated seating 4 days before you fly. This means that if you go for a well then you have to print off boarding passes for return whilst on holiday. Very nicely and conveniently though, if you prefer to pay £6 to choose your seat then you can print your boarding pass whenever the heck you like. Cheers RyanAir. Lovable as always After a surprise day off, the horror child is back in full swing. Was woken at 5am this morning with a blow to the head from an iPad.
    Posted by Jac35
    I pad air ? or was it heavy :-)