You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Return of the Jac

Comments

• edited May 2017
    WP should cover a few bus fares, or maybe a Derby season ticket?
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac:
    Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy, nicely done.
    Posted by Enut

Congrats Paul on your chop!

And as for Enut.........   All I can say is very nicely done in the Sky giveaway - congrats on your upcoming trip to Vegas sir!
  • edited May 2017
    Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy, nicely done.
    Posted by Enut
    Congrats to you too
  • edited May 2017
    After the hangover had relented I had a pretty good day

Went out for some dinner and then went to the local May Day
    Harry went on the slide without incident this time.

Played the mayhem freeroll and I got 5/6 heads and made £4 so a good start
    We're on a new build estate and there is a path that runs round it next to the woods. Dog walkers love it. As the estate is new there are no bins yet
    There was a sign up on a lamppost reminding people that there are fines for allowing Dogs to foul and not picking up their mess.
    It was a shitposter
  • edited May 2017

You couldnt make it up. Could you ?

Bullymastiff ?
  • edited May 2017
    Is there a lot of dogging in the woods near you?

PS Dog poo and flaming where have I seen that before?

oh yes

• edited May 2017
    WP on the score.....does remind me of the saying even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Don't ban me from the diary again! xx
  • edited May 2017
    Good morning Jac.
    Congratulations on win.
    All the best.
    Rainman215.
  • edited May 2017
    Thanks for comments chaps
    Not a big win but great for confidence after a poor start to the year playing live
  • edited May 2017
    Dyms

I wonder why they're struggling so much?
    First there were the PLO8 dyms pretty much dying. I get that one. Clearly Markycash to blame for pushing the PLO8 mtts :)
    Also there's he Tikay factor
    Either people like playing poker against the legend or they saw it as easy money 

Now the proper poker dyms seem to be suffering too. Very little traffic. I get the time of year aspect but it does seem worse than ever.
    The lagging may be one of the issues as dyms are all about volume and multi tabling is impossible for many presently.

On the plus side it's forcing me into cash and mtts and this is probs a good thing
  • edited May 2017
    Dyms I wonder why they're struggling so much? First there were the PLO8 dyms pretty much dying. I get that one. Clearly Markycash to blame for pushing the PLO8 mtts :) Also there's he Tikay factor Either people like playing poker against the legend or they saw it as easy money  Now the proper poker dyms seem to be suffering too. Very little traffic. I get the time of year aspect but it does seem worse than ever. The lagging may be one of the issues as dyms are all about volume and multi tabling is impossible for many presently. On the plus side it's forcing me into cash and mtts and this is probs a good thing
    Posted by Jac35
    I know when I first joined back in late November I think it was,  the s&g's where being played with 2x or in some instances 3x points on offer and ran for a couple of months like that, since the  end of jan they stopped this and I have noticed a gradual decline even at the low levels I play ,I'm not saying this is deffinantly the reason why but it could at least offer a partial reason as to why it has dropped off

Yfired
  • edited May 2017
    It's obvious why DYMS are struggling, Timmy has won all the money.
  • edited May 2017
    After the hangover had relented I had a pretty good day Went out for some dinner and then went to the local May Day Harry went on the slide without incident this time. Played the mayhem freeroll and I got 5/6 heads and made £4 so a good start .... We're on a new build estate and there is a path that runs round it next to the woods. Dog walkers love it. As the estate is new there are no bins yet There was a sign up on a lamppost reminding people that there are fines for allowing Dogs to foul and not picking up their mess. It was a shitposter
    Posted by Jac35
    hey Jac35 go to the rail and read my post in al,s bar
  • edited May 2017
    Hey Paige

Nice to see you here
    I was under the assumption that you had closed your account 
  • edited May 2017
    Hey Jac (dad)

Can you close yours please?

Love you.

Sam

Pint in Al's bar 1st? 
  • edited May 2017
    Also, how much did/do you hope I close my account?

• edited May 2017
    Dyms I wonder why they're struggling so much? First there were the PLO8 dyms pretty much dying. I get that one. Clearly Markycash to blame for pushing the PLO8 mtts :) Also there's he Tikay factor Either people like playing poker against the legend or they saw it as easy money  Now the proper poker dyms seem to be suffering too. Very little traffic. I get the time of year aspect but it does seem worse than ever. The lagging may be one of the issues as dyms are all about volume and multi tabling is impossible for many presently. On the plus side it's forcing me into cash and mtts and this is probs a good thing
    Posted by Jac35

Cos everybody has seen Dev crushing cash games and sports betting and followed suit obvs
  • edited May 2017
    Once or twice a year i lose my head
    Tonight was one of those nights. Don't play drunk kids.
    Lost loads.
    Wp me
  • edited May 2017
    Once or twice a year i lose my head Tonight was one of those nights. Don't play drunk kids. Lost loads. Wp me
    Posted by Jac35
    Having a cup of tea as can't sleep and saw this, not good Jac. On the bright side it's only money, you know how you lost it and nobody died. Get some sleep and it won't be as bad in the morning, but your head may throb a bit.

• edited May 2017
    I would never in a million years slowroll you.  As you know I play 16-20 tables and just happened to be put all in on 4 tables plus the hand we were in.

• edited May 2017
    I would never in a million years slowroll you.  As you know I play 16-20 tables and just happened to be put all in on 4 tables plus the hand we were in.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    I know I know

It was just horrendous timing 
    It was seconds after losing a £150 pot when I had KK and A9 over called a shove on the flop with no draw, just the ace high and got there 
    I then had the 3rd nut flush v you bvb and 3bet jammed. When you called and had the nuts it was baffling and too much for my little drunken mind to take

I know you wouldn't slowroll me 
  • edited May 2017
    On the plus side to it all
    I now have enough points to play tonight's mayhem freeroll 
  • edited May 2017
    Once or twice a year i lose my head Tonight was one of those nights. Don't play drunk kids. Lost loads. Wp me
    Posted by Jac35
    Me too! Loads! Chunks, in fact. I played so-so, too. Think I might have to swerve live stuff for a while. 
  • edited May 2017
    On the plus side to it all I now have enough points to play tonight's mayhem freeroll 
    Posted by Jac35
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo
    Posted by Tikay10
    Absolutely 
    I did a tilt withdrawal 

So
    Actually, I made money last night!
  • edited May 2017

Good man.

When we have a really bad night - & we all do from time to time - we have to find a positive or two from it.

We are best judged by how we react in adversary.
  • edited May 2017
    I really should add something about last night 
    One table died and there was just me and James left.
    Clearly he's always a far better player than me at cash but even more so when I'm a little tipsy.
    He sat out and didn't take my money 

Poker is his job but he made that decision 
    Shows what kind of bloke he is

Thanks Dtm
  • edited May 2017
    I really should add something about last night  One table died and there was just me and James left. Clearly he's always a far better player than me at cash but even more so when I'm a little tipsy. He sat out and didn't take my money  Poker is his job but he made that decision  Shows what kind of bloke he is Thanks Dtm
    Posted by Jac35
    True, but he's well scruffy.
  • edited May 2017
    Posted by Jac35

Overall do you think you have made more from other people playing under the influence than you have lost on the occasional times you do it?

It made me think though, what if I could link a home use breathalyser to a laptop? Do you think there is a market for a piece of kit that will not let you log on to a computer while drunk? 

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Overall do you think you have made more from other people playing under the influence than you have lost on the occasional times you do it? It made me think though, what if I could link a home use breathalyser to a laptop? Do you think there is a market for a piece of kit that will not let you log on to a computer while drunk? 
    Posted by Phantom66
    Interesting question
    Fortunately I never drink at home and so as you say it is only occasional.
    Online definitely not. I'm def a loser there. A number of factors would come into it I guess. If I play online when drunk then it's going to be late. This will mean that I'm playing against the regs who have been waiting for the drunks to come home and play. As it's the regs at the unsociable hours then they would quite possibly beat me up anyhow even if I was sober.

Live I would say that I'm ahead 
    I used to go to Nottingham and play and so always drove. It's only over the last few years that I've played at Derby. My record, even allowing for the bad start this year, is very good at Derby.
    Last year I won a few thousand very quickly. I think I won or chopped 5 of the first 8 mtts I played.

Live is a nice escape from the monotony that online can someones be
    I go to have fun and hopefully win a few quid. I don't take it too seriously. The standards of play is also way lower than online and so even when drunk I do ok.

Nearly forgot
    I won a few buy ins of the chunky maestro playing drunk in the Algarve last year :)