You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Return of the Jac

Comments

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac:
    Kids are great :)  How is Paul today, have you had a good day, golf coming along nicely?  Who do you reckon will win the masters? Seems to be getting tight at the top, I wouldn't be surprised if Speith comes through and wins it on the 17th.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Pubs with outside play areas are the nuts! I've had a beer for the first time in ages and he's worn out.
    Fast asleep

Golf!
    Played on Tuesday and had my best round for a long time, 76
    1st qualifer yesterday and although, as Jimi puts it, the 1st is the easiest Par 5 in England, i made a rather unpleasant 10. It didn't get any better. My worst round in 25 years.
    Thanks for asking though.

Hope its's Garcia or Rose.

Just played 4 dyms and won 3 including th bigger one. Quick £22 profit.
    Nightly moan. Vegas freeroll carried on in same vein as all th others. Lost AA v 10s for big stack early on. Lost QQ v KK against same player 5 mins later to bust.

Laptop off

Masters!

• edited April 2017
    Played a little tonight
    Trying to concentrate more on mtts at the moment. I'm not getting the chance to play so much and dyms are all about volume. I've also got a problem with laptop. I  used to be able to play 9 tables comfortably on it. I reset it last week and now it seems super slow. Even 5 tabling is very laggy.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Had a good night
    Got nowhere in UKOPs mini, the £22 at 9.00 amd the £11bh at 9.30 but ran stupidly well in the £3rebuy and priority freeroll.
    Came 3rd in freeroll for £120 and 5th in the rebuy for about £70.
    Played 3 dyms as well and won just the 1.

Made £140 on night and that nicely covers the £123 i paid out this afternoon for Malaga flights with the same motley crew who went with me to the Algarve last year.
    (As i wrote that i thought to myself "what does that actually mean?" So i looked it up. Seems about right)

Motley crew Meaning. An assorted and ill-disciplined group of ne'er do wells

After Saturdays golfing disaster i was a bit sulky about watching the Masters. I hate playing badly when it's on. Makes me feel sad that i cam't even hit the ball n the air, while they're hitting 5 irons 230

Glad i did though. Fantastic finish and although Rose is English i was rooting for Garcia. Slightly less surprising than me wanting a Spaniard to win was Jimi desperate for Sergio to win as well. Probs nothing to do with being Scottish and more to do with the fact that they both have the same hideous putter.

I braved it again last night and went out for a knock. Played great. No doubt i'll be shitte again in Saturdays stableford :)
    Derby are properly taking the piiss now. We'll prob keep winning and everyone else will start losing. Then on the final day we'll need a draw and get stuffed 4-0.
    Bought a new watch. I like watches. It's very pretty
  • edited April 2017
    Played a little tonight Trying to concentrate more on mtts at the moment. I'm not getting the chance to play so much and dyms are all about volume. I've also got a problem with laptop. I  used to be able to play 9 tables comfortably on it. I reset it last week and now it seems super slow. Even 5 tabling is very laggy. Any advice would be appreciated. Had a good night Got nowhere in UKOPs mini, the £22 at 9.00 amd the £11bh at 9.30 but ran stupidly well in the £3rebuy and priority freeroll. Came 3rd in freeroll for £120 and 5th in the rebuy for about £70. Played 3 dyms as well and won just the 1. Made £140 on night and that nicely covers the £123 i paid out this afternoon for Malaga flights with the same motley crew who went with me to the Algarve last year. (As i wrote that i thought to myself "what does that actually mean?" So i looked it up. Seems about right) Motley crew Meaning. An assorted and ill-disciplined group of ne'er do wells .... After Saturdays golfing disaster i was a bit sulky about watching the Masters. I hate playing badly when it's on. Makes me feel sad that i cam't even hit the ball n the air, while they're hitting 5 irons 230 Glad i did though. Fantastic finish and although Rose is English i was rooting for Garcia. Slightly less surprising than me wanting a Spaniard to win was Jimi desperate for Sergio to win as well. Probs nothing to do with being Scottish and more to do with the fact that they both have the same hideous putter. I braved it again last night and went out for a knock. Played great. No doubt i'll be shitte again in Saturdays stableford :) .... Derby are properly taking the piiss now. We'll prob keep winning and everyone else will start losing. Then on the final day we'll need a draw and get stuffed 4-0. .... Bought a new watch. I like watches. It's very pretty
    Posted by Jac35

Hideous? beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

I was actually sad that it wasn't some brash yank that Sergio was up against. 

It goes wihout saying I would have been fully behind Rose against any other player (Casey, not so much - he is like a Golfing Marmite), it was really a shame that either of them had to lose.

I truly think this was last throw of the dice for Garcia, another near miss and he was finished. Rose will, I think, slide one of those green blazers on one day and now Garcia may go on to win more majors.

• edited April 2017
    you should buy a new laptop m8 top of the range one
  • edited April 2017
    you should buy a new laptop m8 top of the range one
    Posted by reeler
    Not quite the advice I was looking for but cheers anyway :)
  • edited April 2017
    Derby did the decent thing and got stuffed yesterday. No more pain this season.
    Golf was great today. I'm improved from last week to a N/R today. Harry would have hit it better.
    Huge joy tomorrow/today. Easter egg hunt on our new estate (sorry, exclusive development I believe that it's called) Only 250 houses built so far and bizarrely I've spotted 2 women that I used to go out with living round here. They both have children so I imagine that they'll be there. Sure it won't be in the slightest bit awkward.
    Played Thursday night after pub which is always wise and managed to only lose £2. Wp me
    Played last night for a bit and lost £20
    Played a bit tonight and it started pretty shockingly. Things improved and so with 2 mtts left running I was only in for about £20
    Made £20 in a £5 bh and then came 2nd in a £11bh and ended up £125 up on night. I got disconnected the moment it went to heads up and although I was only gone a couple of minutes my stack had taken a huge knock. I think Lmafoallin spooked the guy a bit by making a comment and so at least I was left with a few chips. I thanked on my return for timing down which I think confused him :)
    He already had a huge chiplead going into heads up so it probably didn't make any difference.

2 days off work :)
  • edited April 2017
    Derby did the decent thing and got stuffed yesterday. No more pain this season. ... Golf was great today. I'm improved from last week to a N/R today. Harry would have hit it better. ... Huge joy tomorrow/today. Easter egg hunt on our new estate (sorry, exclusive development I believe that it's called) Only 250 houses built so far and bizarrely I've spotted 2 women that I used to go out with living round here. They both have children so I imagine that they'll be there. Sure it won't be in the slightest bit awkward. ... Played Thursday night after pub which is always wise and managed to only lose £2. Wp me Played last night for a bit and lost £20 Played a bit tonight and it started pretty shockingly. Things improved and so with 2 mtts left running I was only in for about £20 Made £20 in a £5 bh and then came 2nd in a £11bh and ended up £125 up on night. I got disconnected the moment it went to heads up and although I was only gone a couple of minutes my stack had taken a huge knock. I think Lmafoallin spooked the guy a bit by making a comment and so at least I was left with a few chips. I thanked on my return for timing down which I think confused him :) He already had a huge chiplead going into heads up so it probably didn't make any difference. 2 days off work :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Nice brag, when did you go out with them and what are the children's ages. Are you concerned?
  • edited April 2017
    Have you tried taking your laptop back to an earlier restore point.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Nice brag, when did you go out with them and what are the children's ages. Are you concerned?
    Posted by Enut

Brag? Bluff methinks.
  • edited April 2017
    A tad grumpy 
    Fancied playing live tonight. As always I checked the Derby Riverlights website to make sure the tournament was still on and at the same time. It was, and so I made the journey.
    Got there 5 minutes before the start and was told that I wouldn't get the early bird bonus for getting there in time for the start of the tourney. Apparently the rules changed a month ago and now you have to be there by 6.50. The is a notice in the card room informing everyone of this. There is the national genting website which shows this and the local one that doesn't. Guess which one I went on?

I didn't kick off but I expressed my disappointment. Decided not to play. I would have been tilted at starting the tourney at the same time as everyone else but having 15k chips rather than the 20k that the others had.

Buggger..
  • edited April 2017
    At least you knew you would've tilted
  • edited April 2017
    Derby were disgustingly bad last night. At least it wasn't on tv and seen by yodes and yodes (as Harry would say) of people
    Went pub after that and got exceedingly drunk. As is always wise after a drink, i decided to load up some cash tables when i got home. Played a familiar strat. Played every hand and kept trying to bluff stations. Came to my senses and packed in after 10 minutes.
    Made £11 :)
    Wanted to watch Leicester tonight and so thought i'd just play the freerolls.
    Usual 7.30 freeroll strat. Went all in every hand and got a stack and then played properly. Made £4

Prio freeroll was going well but everytime i made a good call it went wrong.
    Just bust in 17th.
    What we think? Button shoves 5 bigs on button and sb isolates and covers me. I'm playing 15 bigs and make the call with 10s
    Up against 85 and Q9 i didn't hold.

Spanky was at table and as usual was making up for his lack of skill by winning every 40/60.
    Hope he wins it*
    We now have a bouncy castle! A friend of Pens was going to throw it out. We grabbed it, it's in perfect nick. Fancied a go but Harrys Grandad got there first, result.
    He was way too big and fell into the side of it straightaway and couldn't get up. We obv left him there for a while and took photos. Normally the sort of thing that i do.

*He might start playing DYMS again
  • edited April 2017

With the weather getting better and no incentive to maintain Priority I've played a lot less this month. 1200 points so far. 

It's gone really well though. I've noticed that dym traffic is at an all time low and it's mainly juts the regs populating the lobbies.

It's actually helped as I've wanted to play more mtts and cash anyway on the nights I do play. I've had a few good mtt cashes and I'm starting to get to grips with cash and made quite a lot. A bit of studying has definitely helped.

About £1400 up for month so far which given my volume is really pleasing. Still behind on where I wanted to be for the year but heading in the right direction.

Watched a bit of tv for once and love Car Share. Better call Saul has also returned which although I like although it's slow paced. Enjoying Lucky Man.

House of Cards comes back at the end of next month which I really can't wait for.

Pleased the football season is nearly over. Interested to see which has beens and never will bes we sign for millions this summer.

Went to the park with Harry on Thursday. They had a fair on. Let him have a go on the giant slide. He climbed up to the top, about 20 steps, had a look round and lost his balance and fell the whole way down. Scared the life out of me. He just got up and went straight back up again. When I asked him if he was on he said that it hurt just a little bit. I'd have been in A&E.

Penny has a meeting with her consultant at the end of next month. She's had an MRI scan and multiple new lesions are showing. Very upsetting for her and she's very apprehensive about the meeting. It's on a Thursday morning and I will be going with her. I asked for the day off as leave at work and explained the reason why I needed the day. Not a flicker. Blank eyes back and I was told that they would have a look to see if i could have the day. They will refuse it most likely. I asked about it on Tuesday and again yesterday. No decision made yet. I asked if they could just say yes now so that I could reassure Penny that I would be going. Was told no as they hadn't had a resource meeting yet. Union guy says that they haven't had a resource meeting in months.

Given what the managers are like at our place this shouldn't surprise me but it still does. If a stranger in the street stopped me and told me that they were worried about something potentially life changing, I would show some empathy. That's just a normal human reaction I imagine. So for nothing other than being told that they'll look at it to a 20+ year employee stings. In 10 years of Penny having MS I have had around 4 days off to care for her. 

Anyway, as I said, I will be going with her and will face any discipline discussions later on. Not something that I've ever had before but xxxx em.

Also reminded me why I can't go back to working alongside these people as a manager.

• edited April 2017

^^^^

Ugh at your employers Paul. Dreadful attitude.
  • edited April 2017
    Yeah it's just basic management 

Each year we have an employee opinion survey. We laugh at them because nothing is ever done following them. They always comeback with the same things. The staff feel demoralised and demotivated.
    I used to feel a bit of pride at working for my business. No more, I just do the minimum.

This is a similar thing. A while ago a lad said to me that he liked me as a manager. I smiled and said he was the first to ever say that!
    He said that he remembered on an occasion when he needed a day off. The leave was full and his mates had said that there was no chance. When he came to me I looked at it and yeah it was full. It was one day though and he clearly needed it. I said I'd work something out and gave it to him.

I didn't realise this but following that he had done bits of overtime from time to time.He said after I'd given him the day he wanted to do anything he could to help. I hadn't given him the day with any ulterior motives but it worked out well for me.

I think that's how it's all meant to work

• edited April 2017
    ida walked if my bosses were like that, i hate my job but i could never work in a factory/office it would do my nut in
    hope all goes well with penny mate and you be by her side thats what matters , family is more important than work
    wp on the poker
  • edited April 2017
    Your last 2 posts show exactly why you should be in senior management. Keep treating people like individuals and invest in their wellbeing and dont be the sort of boss who you are faced with who sees everyone as a number on a resourcing spreadsheet.

I would politely put a written request in 1st thing tomorrow mentioning the verbal requests and the stress its putting on you.

I hope you get the time off without any further stress but most importantly all the best for you and penny on thursday. 
  • edited April 2017

I believe I work for the same employer Paul. Same attitude, just a different office.

About 6 weeks ago, just as I was finishing work, I received a call to say my wife had been rushed to hospital, but I didn't know why.

As I rushed out, I told my manager I may not be in the following day depending on what had happened.

“ Er, what, erm, Oh, I…...”

“I haven't got time to debate it, I'm just telling you.”

At the end of a very long day, it was confirmed she had a heart attack. (She's on the mend now)

A few days later, she had 2 stents fitted and was told she could come home the next day but must rest. (Definitely no trips to a Manchester live poker final, Tikay)

“I need more time off to care for my wife at home”

“ Er, I'm not sure I can cover your duty as there are already x people off”

“I will take it unpaid then, I don't care, but I need it.”

The only compromise I was prepared to make was how many days.

Take all the time off you need Paul, and as you say, xxxx em.

Best wishes to you and Penny.

• edited April 2017
    I believe I work for the same employer Paul. Same attitude, just a different office. About 6 weeks ago, just as I was finishing work, I received a call to say my wife had been rushed to hospital, but I didn't know why. As I rushed out, I told my manager I may not be in the following day depending on what had happened. “ Er, what, erm, Oh, I…...” “I haven't got time to debate it, I'm just telling you.” At the end of a very long day, it was confirmed she had a heart attack. ( She's on the mend now) A few days later, she had 2 stents fitted and was told she could come home the next day but must rest. (Definitely no trips to a Manchester live poker final, Tikay) “I need more time off to care for my wife at home” “ Er, I'm not sure I can cover your duty as there are already x people off” “I will take it unpaid then, I don't care, but I need it.” The only compromise I was prepared to make was how many days. Take all the time off you need Paul, and as you say, xxxx em. Best wishes to you and Penny.
    Posted by dragon1964
    Thanks Dragon.
    Pretty sure that we do work at the same place.
    Not a nice place to be these days
  • edited April 2017
    Kind of had a hole in one today.
    Doesn't really count though. I was playing on my own and it was my 4th tee shot at the 3rd :)
    Mtts were shocking. Bust everything. I thought losing with AK on KK2 v 52 for a huge pot was bad last night but i've managed worse tonight. :)
    Think i won at Dyms. Played a lot of cash. Deepstack 50/1 was fun. Lost a bundle early on but started making some hands and ended up just £8 down on night.

Decent result :)
  • edited April 2017
    With the weather getting better and no incentive to maintain Priority I've played a lot less this month. 1200 points so far.  It's gone really well though. I've noticed that dym traffic is at an all time low and it's mainly juts the regs populating the lobbies. It's actually helped as I've wanted to play more mtts and cash anyway on the nights I do play. I've had a few good mtt cashes and I'm starting to get to grips with cash and made quite a lot. A bit of studying has definitely helped. About £1400 up for month so far which given my volume is really pleasing. Still behind on where I wanted to be for the year but heading in the right direction. .... Watched a bit of tv for once and love Car Share. Better call Saul has also returned which although I like although it's slow paced. Enjoying Lucky Man. House of Cards comes back at the end of next month which I really can't wait for. .... Pleased the football season is nearly over. Interested to see which has beens and never will bes we sign for millions this summer. .... Went to the park with Harry on Thursday. They had a fair on. Let him have a go on the giant slide. He climbed up to the top, about 20 steps, had a look round and lost his balance and fell the whole way down. Scared the life out of me. He just got up and went straight back up again. When I asked him if he was on he said that it hurt just a little bit. I'd have been in A&E. .... Penny has a meeting with her consultant at the end of next month. She's had an MRI scan and multiple new lesions are showing. Very upsetting for her and she's very apprehensive about the meeting. It's on a Thursday morning and I will be going with her. I asked for the day off as leave at work and explained the reason why I needed the day. Not a flicker. Blank eyes back and I was told that they would have a look to see if i could have the day. They will refuse it most likely. I asked about it on Tuesday and again yesterday. No decision made yet. I asked if they could just say yes now so that I could reassure Penny that I would be going. Was told no as they hadn't had a resource meeting yet. Union guy says that they haven't had a resource meeting in months.   Given what the managers are like at our place this shouldn't surprise me but it still does. If a stranger in the street stopped me and told me that they were worried about something potentially life changing, I would show some empathy. That's just a normal human reaction I imagine. So for nothing other than being told that they'll look at it to a 20+ year employee stings. In 10 years of Penny having MS I have had around 4 days off to care for her.  Anyway, as I said, I will be going with her and will face any discipline discussions later on. Not something that I've ever had before but xxxx em. Also reminded me why I can't go back to working alongside these people as a manager.
    Posted by Jac35
    Hope everything works out ok for Penny.
    As for the bolded bit, read The Leader Who Had No Title - (Robin Sharma)
    I think you would like it.

Kags
  • edited April 2017
    Day off today and Harry now has extra hours at Play Group starting today.
    Golf! :)

Been playing a lot more cash. Last night started badly when I lost two buy ins at deep 20nl in the first 5 minutes. This was at heads up before the table filled.  1st one was fun. 3bet JJ and flopped top set and got it in on flop. Didn't end well.

So I was really pleased when 30 mins later I was £40 up on the day. Ran well and I was helped by an interesting player 5bet shoving preflop with K5 when I had KK for a £75 pot.

Came 13th in Vegas freeroll sat. Fancied the £275 seat but can't complain at a tenner for nothing. The freerolls on here are very good.

Not so good is the lagging. I was rather hoping that huge maintenance thing the other day might have sorted it. I can only play 4, or 5 at a push,  tables  now. It's not good and must cost or will cost the site a fortune when big volume players go elsewhere. Dyms are definitely struggling already

As a rule I have all the bad beats 
    But last night Palace had a reasonably bad one. Lost with Quad Queens.
  • edited April 2017
    Day off today and Harry now has extra hours at Play Group starting today. Golf! :) Been playing a lot more cash. Last night started badly when I lost two buy ins at deep 20nl in the first 5 minutes. 1st one was fun. 3bet JJ and flopped top set and got it in on flop. Didn't end well. So I was really pleased when 30 mins later I was £40 up on the day. Ran well and I was helped by an interesting player 5bet shoving preflop with K5 when I had KK for a £75 pot. Came 13th in Vegas freeroll sat. Fancied the £275 seat but can't complain at a tenner for nothing. The freerolls on here are very good. Not so good is the lagging. I was rather hoping that huge maintenance thing the other day might have sorted it. I can only play 4 or 5 at a push tables now. It's not good and must cost or will cost the site a fortune when big volume players go elsewhere. Dyms are definitely struggling already
    Posted by Jac35
    Hope everything went well with the scan on Thursday Jac!

Was just having a catch up on your blog and nice to see you winning some ££ despite playing less.

I would have a hard time not telling your bosses where to go if I was in your situation, disgusting of them to be so inconsiderate.

Regarding the bolded part and the fact you mentioned traffic on the tables on the last page too...

I love playing on Sky, I really do, great bunch of people and a friendly forum. Also customer service has been very good when I have needed them, promos are imaginative and the amount of stuff Mr T does helping out and liasing between the players and office is commendable.

With all that said, I obviously want Sky poker to go from strength to strength. This makes me wonder why some of the (trivial on the scale of things) problems still exist. Like the lagging, like the hole cards not showing after a table switch etc. To be honest it doesn't bother me much/at all personally but I bet it puts off a lot of others from playing here and hampers traffic. Surely these things would be simple bits of code to fix? I am no IT whizz but would have been surprised if a savvy coder couldn't resolve these daft little things in no time. I am quite possibly being naive on that though.

Also wonder if steps are being taken to try and push traffic up. Hopefully it is not a case of 'aw well summer is quieter' and the poker market is slow just now and therefore a case of just accepting it. Sky offers a lot of unique things which loads of people would enjoy such as the DYM focus, the BH focus in MTT's, the friendly accompanying forum and the fact it is all UK players makes it all feel a bit more 'local'. Hopefully there is some level of budget to advertise and promote the site and drive the positive aspects of playing here home.

Anyways good luck both on and off the tables Jac.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Hope everything went well with the scan on Thursday Jac! Was just having a catch up on your blog and nice to see you winning some ££ despite playing less. I would have a hard time not telling your bosses where to go if I was in your situation, disgusting of them to be so inconsiderate. Regarding the bolded part and the fact you mentioned traffic on the tables on the last page too... I love playing on Sky, I really do, great bunch of people and a friendly forum. Also customer service has been very good when I have needed them, promos are imaginative and the amount of stuff Mr T does helping out and liasing between the players and office is commendable. With all that said, I obviously want Sky poker to go from strength to strength. This makes me wonder why some of the (trivial on the scale of things) problems still exist. Like the lagging, like the hole cards not showing after a table switch etc. To be honest it doesn't bother me much/at all personally but I bet it puts off a lot of others from playing here and hampers traffic. Surely these things would be simple bits of code to fix? I am no IT whizz but would have been surprised if a savvy coder couldn't resolve these daft little things in no time. I am quite possibly being naive on that though. Also wonder if steps are being taken to try and push traffic up. Hopefully it is not a case of 'aw well summer is quieter' and the poker market is slow just now and therefore a case of just accepting it. Sky offers a lot of unique things which loads of people would enjoy such as the DYM focus, the BH focus in MTT's, the friendly accompanying forum and the fact it is all UK players makes it all feel a bit more 'local'. Hopefully there is some level of budget to advertise and promote the site and drive the positive aspects of playing here home. Anyways good luck both on and off the tables Jac.
    Posted by markycash
    In reply to both Grumpy Jac & Lucky Marky......

I kinda want to bang my head against the wall when I see comments like that. Why?

1) Some of these little edge cases ARE annoying, ditto this current "lag" which some players are experiencing. I definitely agree with you.

2) But here's the thing which re-doubles my frustration, especially when a bright spark like Marky says it. If it were just a case of a "savvy coder" needed, then believe me, it would have been sorted long ago. Surely that goes without saying? It is not like that at all. Whilst accepting that the responsibility sits with Sky Poker, don't you think it obvious that if it just needed "a savvy coder", it would have already been sorted? The SB&G platform as a whole is an immensely complex and efficient piece of kit. If I were to tell you the volumes it handles at times, especially peak periods, you'd be amazed. (Bets are measured in "hundreds per second"). Sky Poker though does need a bit of work. I have explained - several times - what the plans are going forward, & it is now a work-in-progress.

The backstory is quite complicated, & when I explain these things my explanations get twisted by the Usual Suspects & Team Moan, so I'm not going to give chapter and verse any more, but please be assured that the Poker Team at Sky Poker understand and share these frustrations. Nobody at Sky Poker is under any illusions that the site is in tip top shape, but what few on the forum recognize (you two are rare exceptions) is that there is plenty of positives at Sky Poker too. 

Budget to advertise & promote the site? You'd both faint if I told you what % of Gross Margin Freebet Spend is. (Gross Margin is the sum of all reg fees and rake, whilst Freebet Spend is the total cost of all Promos, Rewards Payments, Freerolls, Freebies etc). Sky Poker are spending more than enough on Freebet Spend, please be assured.

You may have seen several Prio players asking what the May Promo is, or if there will be one. I'm not going to spell it out, but I'm pretty sure you two can work out why these things are not announced in advance.  

I will tell you this - May will be an interesting month. It will. 

Mr Ambo & myself have been summoned up to Leeds the week after next, so we can be fully appraised of what he & I will need to do to help with a few things which are in the pipeline.

It's (genuinely) exciting stuff. 

Meanwhile, no matter what anyone says, Viva Las Vegas is a great promo, & I hope you two both win packages. Vegas this year is gonna be the nuts.     

• edited April 2017

Tikay

Let's start with this

I love Sky Poker. I tried it out a few years ago just the same as i did with all the other sites. The difference being that I instantly adored Sky and I'm still here and rarely play anywhere else.

Sky has been fantastic for me.

The Spts were brilliant and gave me the opportunity to some really good people, many of whom are now firm friends. 

Going to Vegas with Sky was an experience that I'll never forget.

I've made a few quid on the site as well and so obviously that's been good too.

It's for these kind of reasons that I want Sky to succeed 

But in my opinion Sky don't help themselves sometimes.  You say you get frustrated by players grumbles. In turn we get frustrated by some of the things that Sky keep telling us.

"It might be a problem at your end"

"Some players may be experiencing lagging"

It seems like head in the sand stuff

I speak to plenty of players. Everyone is experiencing lag. Everyone gets discoed when their internet is working just fine. 

The lengthy maintenance has taken place. How is it that 'find a player' couldn't be fixed?

Hendo lad was doing well in an mtt last night. Honestly!

I couldn't find him using find a player and had to scroll down the mtt lobby instead to find him.

I get that these things would be fixed quickly if possible.

But what I don't get it why Sky seem to have so much trouble with lag and disconnects compared with every other site that I've played on

We don't say these things to bash Sky. We say then because we want Sky to prosper. It won't if these kind of things don't get fixed

It's a bit like that first car you bought and loved. For a while it was fun that you had to give the passenger door a kick for the drivers door to unlock. After a while though you lost your patience and moved on

Btw

I'm going to miss Priority for the first time in a while for May. No promotions last couple of months and actually stopped from playing in some Vegas freerolls

I'll be LIVID if there's a really good promotion in May :)

Also

Don't think that I didn't notice you mention myself and Mark, but only refer to Mark as intelligent 

And "it will"

Grrrr

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : In reply to both Grumpy Jac & Lucky Marky...... I kinda want to bang my head against the wall when I see comments like that. Why? 1) Some of these little edge cases ARE annoying, ditto this current "lag" which some players are experiencing. I definitely agree with you.   2) But here's the thing which re-doubles my frustration, especially when a bright spark like Marky says it. If it were just a case of a "savvy coder" needed, then believe me, it would have been sorted long ago. Surely that goes without saying? It is not like that at all. Whilst accepting that the responsibility sits with Sky Poker, don't you think it obvious that if it just needed "a savvy coder", it would have already been sorted? The SB&G platform as a whole is an immensely complex and efficient piece of kit. If I were to tell you the volumes it handles at times, especially peak periods, you'd be amazed. (Bets are measured in "hundreds per second"). Sky Poker though does need a bit of work. I have explained - several times - what the plans are going forward, & it is now a work-in-progress. The backstory is quite complicated, & when I explain these things my explanations get twisted by the Usual Suspects & Team Moan, so I'm not going to give chapter and verse any more, but please be assured that the Poker Team at Sky Poker understand and share these frustrations. Nobody at Sky Poker is under any illusions that the site is in tip top shape, but what few on the forum recognize (you two are rare exceptions) is that there is plenty of positives at Sky Poker too.  Budget to advertise & promote the site? You'd both faint if I told you what % of Gross Margin Freebet Spend is. (Gross Margin is the sum of all reg fees and rake, whilst Freebet Spend is the total cost of all Promos, Rewards Payments, Freerolls, Freebies etc). Sky Poker are spending more than enough on Freebet Spend, please be assured.   You may have seen several Prio players asking what the May Promo is, or if there will be one. I'm not going to spell it out, but I'm pretty sure you two can work out why these things are not announced in advance.   I will tell you this - May will be an interesting month. It will.  Mr Ambo & myself have been summoned up to Leeds the week after next, so we can be fully appraised of what he & I will need to do to help with a few things which are in the pipeline.   It's (genuinely) exciting stuff.  Meanwhile, no matter what anyone says, Viva Las Vegas is a great promo, & I hope you two both win packages. Vegas this year is gonna be the nuts.            
    Posted by Tikay10
    Firstly thanks for the brilliant reply Mr T. Shining example of what I said about yourself and one of the things that are great about Sky.

I am quite happy to take your word that any 'little foibles' Sky have are far more complex to resolve than I realise. I did say I am not an IT whizz and add the caveat that I may be being naive. I am just mentioning how it seems from the outside looking in. I know a few players who aren't playing here because of similar things. I am inclined to think 'hey it is your loss' as they are completely overlooking all that is brilliant about Sky because of a couple of daft issues; but then again, it would obviously be ideal if the little glitches didn't exist. Personally if none of the little 'Sky foibles' are ever addressed I will continue to play here for the reasons set out earlier. Thinking from Sky's POV, I am not the type of player to bother about with regards to this issue as I have no plans to 'GO AWAY' ;-). I am more just thinking about retaining more of the fussier sorts.

Regarding Prio and the point races for that matter. They couldn't have come at a worse time for me. Point races were slap bang around my final exams and attaining Prio this month was affected by the same. It sounds like I may be missing out :-/ You have me considering pushing for it this month but 7.5k points in the last couple of days of April may be a tall order, especially as I am tied up all day at a wedding today. Will give it some thought.

On the grand scheme of things these issues aren't that important anyway, hope everything is headed in the right direction with yourself.

• edited April 2017

^^^^^

Don't disagree with much of that Paul, & I do understand the frustration. It frustrates me more than it frustrates you, believe me. I've lived & breathed Sky Poker with a passion for 11 years, so yeah, it matters to me. I really don't mind discussing it with guys like you & Marky who understand "balance". It's Team Moan I won't engage with, as they don't ever acknowledge context or balance. Nothing is ever completely black & white.  

Livid if there is a decent Prio Prom in May? Oh dear......

Mark is intelligent? For a Scot, yes. You? Lovely bloke.

• edited April 2017
    Also I'm baffled as to why Sky can't spell out what the next months promotion will be for Priority 

Surely it would incentivise people to put the volume in?
  • edited April 2017
    Tikay   Let's start with this I love Sky Poker. I tried it out a few years ago just the same as i did with all the other sites. The difference being that I instantly adored Sky and I'm still here and rarely play anywhere else. Sky has been fantastic for me. The Spts were brilliant and gave me the opportunity to some really good people, many of whom are now firm friends.  Going to Vegas with Sky was an experience that I'll never forget. I've made a few quid on the site as well and so obviously that's been good too.   It's for these kind of reasons that I want Sky to succeed  
    Posted by Jac35
    Couldn't agree more Jac.

Anything I ever say is not intented to be a moan at Sky. If I mention anything it is because I would love to see Sky prosper in a big way. I have really enjoyed it here since I started playing mostly here.

I think I also worry a bit more as I started out on poker on a similarly brilliant site. Great community, attention to detail, cared about their players, excellent customer support and promos and a real friendly feel. Then one day utterly out of the blue I was informed the site was closing down. So I just want to see Sky grow and prosper so that never happens here. I could still play poker elsewhere without much trouble but that isn't the issue. To me Sky is more than a poker site, it is a cracking little community.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Firstly thanks for the brilliant reply Mr T. Shining example of what I said about yourself and one of the things that are great about Sky. I am quite happy to take your word that any 'little foibles' Sky have are far more complex to resolve than I realise. I did say I am not an IT whizz and add the caveat that I may be being naive. I am just mentioning how it seems from the outside looking in. I know a few players who aren't playing here because of similar things. I am inclined to think 'hey it is your loss' as they are completely overlooking all that is brilliant about Sky because of a couple of daft issues; but then again, it would obviously be ideal if the little glitches didn't exist. Personally if none of the little 'Sky foibles' are ever addressed I will continue to play here for the reasons set out earlier. Thinking from Sky's POV, I am not the type of player to bother about with regards to this issue as I have no plans to 'GO AWAY' ;-). I am more just thinking about retaining more of the fussier sorts. Regarding Prio and the point races for that matter. They couldn't have come at a worse time for me. Point races were slap bang around my final exams and attaining Prio this month was affected by the same. It sounds like I may be missing out :-/ You have me considering pushing for it this month but 7.5k points in the last couple of days of April may be a tall order, especially as I am tied up all day at a wedding today. Will give it some thought. On the grand scheme of things these issues aren't that important anyway, hope everything is headed in the right direction with yourself.  
    Posted by markycash
    Again, that's all fair and reasonable.

Sky Poker DO look after it's players better than most, if not all, other sites. They do need to sort a few things out though.

I see folks going loopy over, say, a Freeroll or satellite. In the context of the overall site, a Freeroll or Satellite that goes wrong is hardly the end of the world is it? (Think of what % of a weeks business a single satellite is. Start with the basis that ALL MTT's "only" equate to one sixth of site traffic). They should not go wrong, no, that's acknowledged, but let's keep a  sense of perspective. It's hardly the end of the world, especially if you are in the habit of reading the World News each day.  

And there are a ton of positives which are unique to this site. Team Moan never acknowledge that.

Anyway, I think we generally are on the same page. It's a great site but it needs to do a few things better.