You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Return of the Jac

Comments

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac:
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Interesting question Fortunately I never drink at home and so as you say it is only occasional. Online definitely not. I'm def a loser there. A number of factors would come into it I guess. If I play online when drunk then it's going to be late. This will mean that I'm playing against the regs who have been waiting for the drunks to come home and play. As it's the regs at the unsociable hours then they would quite possibly beat me up anyhow even if I was sober. Live I would say that I'm ahead  I used to go to Nottingham and play and so always drove. It's only over the last few years that I've played at Derby. My record, even allowing for the bad start this year, is very good at Derby. Last year I won a few thousand very quickly. I think I won or chopped 5 of the first 8 mtts I played. Live is a nice escape from the monotony that online can someones be I go to have fun and hopefully win a few quid. I don't take it too seriously. The standards of play is also way lower than online and so even when drunk I do ok. Nearly forgot I won a few buy ins of the chunky maestro playing drunk in the Algarve last year :)
    Posted by Jac35

True but he did return with a new jacket ; )

• edited May 2017
    Hi Paul,

Been reading / lurking around your diary in recent weeks, good mix of funny, honesty and is well written. Been there and got the t-shirt on getting drunk and donking off loads at the cash tables, in fact I have got multiple t-shirts.

Greg.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : True but he did return with a new jacket ; )
    Posted by day4eire76

And if he eats enough kebabs he may grow into it one day.....;-)
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : And if he eats enough kebabs he may grow into it one day.....;-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62

Roll on Spain 2017

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Roll on Spain 2017
    Posted by day4eire76

Interesting Freudian slip, given Jons walking style......:-)
  • edited May 2017
    Well i deserved to lose the other night. Tonight i've lost a good wedge again.
    Played well but just had one of those nights. Won't bore you but a decent example of how it went was having KK on the same cash table 3 hands out of 4. Was up against AA twice and a rag ace the other. GG £90

Mtts didnt go much better. One chance to get out of it was the 9.30bh
    Didn't expect to get snapped for 15 bigs by J9. Pretty cool spot as i was dominating him. GG

Ah well, just lost the rest of my balance at cash as i write this. 22 decided to 4bet me oop and his full house was good. Tbf i had kinda given up by then and was just spewing. AQdd seemed as good a hand as any to get my remaining stack in with

Oops, i did bore you at least a little bit ;)

Played golf this afternoon and made buffer for the first time this year :)
    My mate won it. He started with 3 birdies and ended up 1 under for his round. Very impressive stuff.
    The boy has been a nightmare all day. So, i've eaten one of his easter eggs.

So with the account at 0.00 and the forum being in its most unpleasant state since i started on here i think it's time for another rest.
    As it's me it'll probs be very short term. I'll have my little flounce and then start posting again straightaway. Or maybe i'll be slightly less inclined than normal to do that this time, who knows.

Maybe the best way to ensure that i dont post for a while is to get banned.
    Pingu has done a fantastic post in the rail. Far more eloquent than i could ever be.
    I'd have just called them a bunch of pathetic twatss.

Anyway
    Have fun all and rungood

• edited May 2017
    Well i deserved to lose the other night. Tonight i've lost a good wedge again. Played well but just had one of those nights. Won't bore you but a decent example of how it went was having KK on the same cash table 3 hands out of 4. Was up against AA twice and a rag ace the other. GG £90 Mtts didnt go much better. One chance to get out of it was the 9.30bh Didn't expect to get snapped for 15 bigs by J9. Pretty cool spot as i was dominating him. GG Ah well, just lost the rest of my balance at cash as i write this. 22 decided to 4bet me oop and his full house was good. Tbf i had kinda given up by then and was just spewing. AQdd seemed as good a hand as any to get my remaining stack in with Oops, i did bore you at least a little bit ;) ... Played golf this afternoon and made buffer for the first time this year :) My mate won it. He started with 3 birdies and ended up 1 under for his round. Very impressive stuff. .... The boy has been a nightmare all day. So, i've eaten one of his easter eggs. ... So with the account at 0.00 and the forum being in its most unpleasant state since i started on here i think it's time for another rest. As it's me it'll probs be very short term. I'll have my little flounce and then start posting again straightaway. Or maybe i'll be slightly less inclined than normal to do that this time, who knows. Maybe the best way to ensure that i dont post for a while is to get banned. Pingu has done a fantastic post in the rail. Far more eloquent than i could ever be. I'd have just called them a bunch of pathetic twatss. Anyway Have fun all and rungood
    Posted by Jac35
    Make sure it's a short rest Paul, the Forum is desperately in need of good members at the moment.

Oh, & loved the highlighted part.
  • edited May 2017
    Well i deserved to lose the other night. Tonight i've lost a good wedge again. Played well but just had one of those nights. Won't bore you but a decent example of how it went was having KK on the same cash table 3 hands out of 4. Was up against AA twice and a rag ace the other. GG £90 Mtts didnt go much better. One chance to get out of it was the 9.30bh Didn't expect to get snapped for 15 bigs by J9. Pretty cool spot as i was dominating him. GG Ah well, just lost the rest of my balance at cash as i write this. 22 decided to 4bet me oop and his full house was good. Tbf i had kinda given up by then and was just spewing. AQdd seemed as good a hand as any to get my remaining stack in with Oops, i did bore you at least a little bit ;) ... Played golf this afternoon and made buffer for the first time this year :) My mate won it. He started with 3 birdies and ended up 1 under for his round. Very impressive stuff. .... The boy has been a nightmare all day. So, i've eaten one of his easter eggs. ... So with the account at 0.00 and the forum being in its most unpleasant state since i started on here i think it's time for another rest. As it's me it'll probs be very short term. I'll have my little flounce and then start posting again straightaway. Or maybe i'll be slightly less inclined than normal to do that this time, who knows. Maybe the best way to ensure that i dont post for a while is to get banned. Pingu has done a fantastic post in the rail. Far more eloquent than i could ever be. I'd have just called them a bunch of pathetic twatss. Anyway Have fun all and rungood
    Posted by Jac35[/QUOTE

I'm hoping its a very short flounce Mr! You are very loved here.

I have a mental image now of you sat eating Harrys easter egg. Did tears. Bet u feel guilty today tho!

Pingus post Is excellent, although yours may have been rather effective too, heh :)

I have a fuzzy head, beer is bad... so is wine....... and cider....
  • edited May 2017
    Hope you are back soon JAC, you have subcribers to entertain.
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Paul
    Pretty awful run bad 
    Tash is right, you are loved here, I'm one of your biggest fans :) don't be gone long please.
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Paul Pretty awful run bad  Tash is right, you are loved here, I'm one of your biggest fans :) don't be gone long please.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Steady on Tom, I'd not go that far.
  • edited May 2017
    Hope you are back soon Jac and that your fortunes swing in a positive direction.
  • edited May 2017
    I found the perfect song to make him come back ��

• edited May 2017
    Haha. Good idea Sam. My contribution to the bring jac back playlist.

• edited May 2017
    A bit of appropriate mood music for this one

• edited May 2017
    I go away for one weekend.....
  • edited May 2017
    I go away for one weekend.....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    ...... every fortnight.
  • edited May 2017

The Mini Priority Freeroll is tonight.

Great chance to top up any bankrolls which are currently a bit thin.

Just saying.
  • edited May 2017

Who thinks Grumps WILL turn up for tonight's Prio Freeroll?

Who thinks he won't?

Who does not give a monkeys?
  • edited May 2017

I could be wrong but didnt he give up on priority?

He may still have some time left under the 3 month rule, 

If he has a chance of decent free cash then I hope he plays and runs well. If we have to tolerate a brag post then I'll take that to have Jac posting again.
  • edited May 2017
    Posted by Jac35
    Hats off to you Paul,

I thought I was the flouncy one but you've bettered me. Maybe helps that I didn't see the forum in its most unpleasant state.
  • edited May 2017
    Eve

Gimme £50 Sky and I'll keep away
  • edited May 2017
    Just a one off

I had the shitts for a full week at the beginning of the month. (good start eh?)
    Never before have i had this. It relented and all was fine. Bloody started again on Sunday. Felt awful with it this time as well. Had a bowl of soup since Sunday. I think it's beginning to calm down.

On the plus side. My old pringle sweater might get an airing this weekend. Not been able to get into that for 5 years.
    Since the couple of bad days i had just before i flounced i've really got my head down with poker. Lots of short cash sessions. They've had to be short for obv reasons.

Just read about cashout curses. I seem to have escaped so far. Withdrawn every day since the disaster back down to what i deposited on the 10th May. So lots of £20s £30s and £40s and they really add up. Now got it all back plus a nice amount and so we're looking at a £1k+  month, live bink helped a lot, which is pretty pleasing.
    If fit, i'm playing at Kedleston Park in an am/am this weekend. Was hoping to practice all week as frankly i've been disgustingly bad at golf this year so far.
    Kedleston is proper snobby and a great course. Normally around £75 a knock off yellows. So for £36 to play off whites and for prizes it's a great deal.
    Holiday in a couple of weeks. Menorca. Never been there before. A certain chubby maestro, who has done a bit of travelling, highly recommends it.
    So much sadness in the world.
    What happened in Manchester is truly heartbreaking.
    A few of my poker friends on here are having both new and long lasting difficulties to deal with too. Horrible to see. I'm so lucky to have them as my friends and i hate to see them suffering.
    Been invited to a wedding of a work collegue. Kinda expected the invite as we've always got on.  Combined weight must be close to 50 stone. She calls him 'grumps' and he calls her 'theminge'. Proper classy couple. It will be interesting to see what Penny makes of them.

Have fun
  • edited May 2017
    Just a one off I had the shitts for a full week at the beginning of the month. (good start eh?) Never before have i had this. It relented and all was fine. Bloody started again on Sunday. Felt awful with it this time as well. Had a bowl of soup since Sunday. I think it's beginning to calm down. On the plus side. My old pringle sweater might get an airing this weekend. Not been able to get into that for 5 years. ... Since the couple of bad days i had just before i flounced i've really got my head down with poker. Lots of short cash sessions. They've had to be short for obv reasons. Just read about cashout curses. I seem to have escaped so far. Withdrawn every day since the disaster back down to what i deposited on the 10th May. So lots of £20s £30s and £40s and they really add up. Now got it all back plus a nice amount and so we're looking at a £1k+  month, live bink helped a lot, which is pretty pleasing. ... If fit, i'm playing at Kedleston Park in an am/am this weekend. Was hoping to practice all week as frankly i've been disgustingly bad at golf this year so far. Kedleston is probby snobby and a great course. Normally around £75 a knock off yellows. So for £36 to play off whites and for prizes it's a great deal. ... Holiday in a couple of weeks. Menorca. Never been there before. A certain chubby maestro, who has done a bit of travelling, highly recommends it. ... So much sadness in the world. What happened in Manchester is truly heartbreaking. A few of my poker friends on here are having both new and long lasting difficulties to deal with too. Horrible to see. I'm so lucky to have them as my friends. ... Been invited to a wedding of a work collegue. Kinda expected the invite as we've always got on.  Combined weight must be close to 50 stone. She calls him 'grumps' and he calls her 'theminge'. Proper classy couple. It will be interesting to see what Penny makes of them. Have fun
    Posted by Jac35
    Glad the poker is picking up and have fun in Menorca!
  • edited May 2017
    Just a one off I had the shitts for a full week at the beginning of the month. (good start eh?) Never before have i had this. It relented and all was fine. Bloody started again on Sunday. Felt awful with it this time as well. Had a bowl of soup since Sunday. I think it's beginning to calm down. On the plus side. My old pringle sweater might get an airing this weekend. Not been able to get into that for 5 years. ... Since the couple of bad days i had just before i flounced i've really got my head down with poker. Lots of short cash sessions. They've had to be short for obv reasons. Just read about cashout curses. I seem to have escaped so far. Withdrawn every day since the disaster back down to what i deposited on the 10th May. So lots of £20s £30s and £40s and they really add up. Now got it all back plus a nice amount and so we're looking at a £1k+  month, live bink helped a lot, which is pretty pleasing. ... If fit, i'm playing at Kedleston Park in an am/am this weekend. Was hoping to practice all week as frankly i've been disgustingly bad at golf this year so far. Kedleston is proper snobby and a great course. Normally around £75 a knock off yellows. So for £36 to play off whites and for prizes it's a great deal. ... Holiday in a couple of weeks. Menorca. Never been there before. A certain chubby maestro, who has done a bit of travelling, highly recommends it. ... So much sadness in the world. What happened in Manchester is truly heartbreaking. A few of my poker friends on here are having both new and long lasting difficulties to deal with too. Horrible to see. I'm so lucky to have them as my friends and i hate to see them suffering. ... Been invited to a wedding of a work collegue. Kinda expected the invite as we've always got on.  Combined weight must be close to 50 stone. She calls him 'grumps' and he calls her 'theminge'. Proper classy couple. It will be interesting to see what Penny makes of them. Have fun
    Posted by Jac35
    Excellent start, though maybe a little bit TMI.

Good to see you back, albeit briefly.   
  • edited June 2017
    Quick update on the usuals

Wp Derby
    We gave Watford 12 million for two players who can barely get in our match day squad and then we sell them out best player for around 7 million

Golf - normal toss

Harry - just about toilet trained. Although slight mishap at currys last week. I'd been with my mum to buy a new tv. As we were settling up Harry was bored. There was a glass elevator next to the us and so I let him go up and down on that. On the 4th trip down he inexplicably decided he needed to take a leak. Wasn't arrested fortunately.

Poker - not playing a huge deal. Playing mostly cash and it's been going really well. Mtts not so good. Dyms barely run nowadays (time for a dym promo I think)

Watched 2 films last night
    Trainspotting 2 - pretty good
    Point Break remake - bag of wannk.
  • edited June 2017

Spts are back!

Well worthy of a quick rambly return.

I'm really looking forward to it. 

I managed to get a seat on Sunday through the freeroll. Came 5th which gave me the seat £207 and £180 for expenses.

That money should just about cover the weekend and so I won't need to play sats for expenses.

It was a pity that it was Keith I knocked out to pretty much lock up my seat. Had a great time at the Irish open with him and the magnificent Paula a couple of years back. Pretty sure he'll be there anyway though so it's ok.

Will be good to see a lot of old faces again. And it will be very good to meet up with people that I've chatted to on here but never actually met.

I'll miss a few but off the top of my head 

Phantom 

Markycash

Sr23 - I think he looked for me at the ukpc but was running deep. He found Jon though, as he, well, wasn't.

Reflex

Gregster

Elroy and Krystalboo - I do have a funny feeling that I've met them before though

There will be a little group of us meeting up to begin with. 

If you want to come over to say "hi" / punch me on the nose, delete as applicable, we should be easy enough to spot.

I'll be the little bloke looking grumpy.

Jon will be the little bloke sipping on Diet Coke and nibbling on a salad

Jimi will be sporting an extraordinary beard 

Pat will have about 10 pints of Guinness in front of him. He is so nice that people like to buy him drinks. The trouble is he rarely actually drinks them.

Eamonn will the one with the butler in tow having orders barked at him.

Tom will be the one exuding class

Should be a great weekend