You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Return of the Jac

Comments

• edited July 2017
    The trapper becomes trapped. :(
  • edited July 2017

Ouchio.

Given the pre-flop action, I'm guessing your man was never folding there.

Bet you want to get on his or her tables tonight though. Oh yes.

You playing much cash these days?

All set for Manchester? Where are you staying, or are you "commuting"?

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac:
    Ouchio. Given the pre-flop action, I'm guessing your man was never folding there. Bet you want to get on his or her tables tonight though. Oh yes.   You playing much cash these days? All set for Manchester? Where are you staying, or are you "commuting"?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I had planned to drive up and stay in a nice hotel

We've had a little change of plan now
    Hitchhiking and sleeping rough 
  • edited July 2017
    Played very badly tonight, very badly. Was in totally the wrong frame of mind to play. In top 5 losing nights ever. Just under £700. Did make lots of points though ;) This one was fun :) Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Jac35 Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £128.71 junga Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £59.59   Your hole cards J J       Rhythm1991 Fold         MPRADAWEE Raise   £3.00 £4.50 £220.34 THEGRID Fold         shadowcat Fold         Jac35 Call   £2.50 £7.00 £126.21 junga Fold         Flop     5 A J       Jac35 Check         MPRADAWEE Bet   £5.25 £12.25 £215.09 Jac35 Call   £5.25 £17.50 £120.96 Turn     3       Jac35 Check         MPRADAWEE Bet   £13.13 £30.63 £201.96 Jac35 Raise   £34.26 £64.89 £86.70 MPRADAWEE Call   £21.13 £86.02 £180.83 River     10       Jac35 Bet   £64.52 £150.54 £22.18 MPRADAWEE All-in   £180.83 £331.37 £0.00 Jac35 All-in   £22.18 £353.55 £0.00 MPRADAWEE Unmatched bet   £94.13 £259.42 £94.13 Jac35 Show J J       MPRADAWEE Show 7 2       MPRADAWEE Win Flush to the Ace £257.62   £351.75 Prev Close window Next
    Posted by Jac35
    Unlucky there!  Maybe they was playing the 7 deuce gane withoit anyone else knowing 
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Unlucky there!  Maybe they was playing the 7 deuce gane withoit anyone else knowing 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Welcome to the thread 
    I'm not a cynic and so I realise it's entirely coincidental that your first ever post on here is immediately after I write about a big losing night
  • edited July 2017

Grim night, been there got the t-shirt.

As most of your blow ups seem to happen following a winning run(as do mine) do you think it is simply fickle variance or do you feel that positive tilt can play a part in overvaluing hands or getting it in too light too often?

• edited July 2017
    ul Paul if i had a night like that ida vomted over me screen and id be still vomiting now a little bit of vomit came up from just reading about your loss stay strong pal
  • edited July 2017
    Grim night, been there got the t-shirt. As most of your blow ups seem to happen following a winning run(as do mine) do you think it is simply fickle variance or do you feel that positive tilt can play a part in overvaluing hands or getting it in too light too often?
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Hi There SJspanky1 just have to say how are you,And sorry jac for trolling your thread :):):)
  • edited July 2017
    because I forget nothing  I have been waiting  for your return sjspanky :):) you wanna swear at me go ahead
  • edited July 2017
    because I forget nothing  I have been waiting  for your return sjspanky :):) you wanna swear at me go ahead
    Posted by paige55
    Please go somewhere else if you want to have a row with someone
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Please go somewhere else if you want to have a row with someone
    Posted by Jac35
    Please ignore the attention seeker and answer my question Jackson.....
  • edited July 2017
    I did say sorry jac for derailing your thread I will move away now thanks for my welcome back guess you will never like me but that is ok good luck to you on the tables xxx
  • edited July 2017
    I did say sorry jac for derailing your thread I will move away now thanks for my welcome back guess you will never like me but that is ok good luck to you on the tables xxx
    Posted by paige55
    Thank you
  • edited July 2017

Grim night, been there got the t-shirt. As most of your blow ups seem to happen following a winning run(as do mine) do you think it is simply fickle variance or do you feel that positive tilt can play a part in overvaluing hands or getting it in too light too often?

Posted by SJspanky1

I think it's a bit from all of those

I've had a look back today. Hands that seemed coolers at the time, well maybe they weren't.

Set of 6s v TheGrid on 3 heart flop. Blank turn and I get it in for £160 pot. Unsure on that one. Flushes are pretty hard to flop.

QQ on button v TheGrid with AA in bb. Can't see too much wrong with that one. £100 pot

97 I float on flop with gutshot v TheGrid and one other. Get there on turn and 3bet it. He flats. River brings in backdoor flush. £130 pot. Can I get away from that one? Probably not a spot he bluffs that much on river?

TheGrid did well against me :)

One which was def bad was I raised 10s and dub1 3bet me/ I think the flat from me is fine. Low board and I check/call flop. Fine again I think. Low turn and I check call. Think that's closer. River I check call a shove. Pretty poor. Can't see him barrelling all the way with worse too often. £100 pot

So, some of those are debatable but there were also plenty where I bluffed in spots where my line made zero sense.

I also played £270 worth of mtts

I bluffed off my stack in the sherif in the early levels which was pretty gormless and was just pure tilt.

QQ button v AA bb in mini was fine

I 3bet shoved AQcc for around 15 bigs from sb v button open in £22bh. He had 99. Q on flop looked promising. 9 on turn less so.

Roller I 3bet shoved K10hh from sb v button open for 13bbs. Think I'm ok with this.

He had AA

QuickDraw I had A10 and hero called on river on A high board in multiway pot. Bad call

I then got it in for my remaining bigs with A3 and 82 called. A on flop was good. The 8 and 2 that followed were less good :)

So

I think there was a mixture of the 3 things you said. I def didn't run too well but at the same time I could have lost a lot less.

• edited July 2017
    Just remembered
    In same mtt I bust v 99 I also made a set with the same hand a little earlier 
    Scary/good flop
    8 9 10

I cbet/he called

Turn J
    Check check

River 
    Q

He shoves 

Think I have to pass, which I did
    Was hand that left me short

Sets weren't good for me last night :)
  • edited July 2017
    Thanks for posting the hands, I genuinely enjoy hearing about other players exploits.

I have an opinion or two but best not start discussing villains tendencies here. Might ping you a PM after my sesh if I can be bothered.

Glgl this evening if you're playing.
  • edited July 2017
    Thanks for posting the hands, I genuinely enjoy hearing about other players exploits. I have an opinion or two but best not start discussing villains tendencies here. Might ping you a PM after my sesh if I can be bothered. Glgl this evening if you're playing.
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Cool

Wp the other night in goldrush!

Just scoped you. We have stats that nearly identical with games played and profit.
    Although, I have won a tiny bit more and played a tiny bit less ;)
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Cool Wp the other night in goldrush! Just scoped you. We have stats that nearly identical with games played and profit. Although, I have won a tiny bit more and played a tiny bit less ;)
    Posted by Jac35
    Bet I'm taller though....
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Bet I'm taller though....
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Fairly safe bet that one
  • edited July 2017
    Posted by paige55

• edited July 2017
    Harry that is one heck of a song and singer, love it xxxthanks for that  love you xx
  • edited July 2017

It's always interested me that people I don't expect to read the thread actually do.

I've posted on here for over 5 years now and I'm pleased that I've always given honest accounts of things. I'm probs too open about stuff but it's always been warrts and all.

I guess it's perfectly normal that while some people will like the thread there are others who will not like it, or me.

I just find it fascinating that people such as Maxally, Nuggy and Aussie read it.

It actually astonishes me that people like Aussie even recall posts I made nearly two years ago. It was just a little disappointing that he either didn't recall it too well/or lied about what I had posted to try and make me look bad. I did point out at the time that his account was incorrectly recorded and oddly as yet I still haven't received an apology.

He calls me a troll.

Really? Ohf uk Off

I'm honest and say what I think. That's how I believe forums should work. If someone posts something I disagree with then I'll say so. Surely that's better than being false? If someone posts and they're rude for no reason then it's quite likely that I'll respond in kind.

Does that make me a troll?

I believe that I contribute and offer something to the forum. I also believe that I'm balanced. I've made my feelings clear about donating to a forum member for information that is unhelpful. At the same time when Tikay did the thread earlier in the year about people who contributed positively to the forum, I nominated Aussie. I appreciate that there are a number of people, who like/ are amused by his quarter 4s etc.

I'm def overly dramatic and realise this. Probs too late to change now. I suspect people quite like reading my occasional blow ups anyway :)

Keeping with the honesty thing, my personal life is grim right now. I'm doing my very best to keep it together.

I question myself all the time. I bluff confidence. I make very quick emotional responses to things. My drama queen leaving the forum every couple of months or so as an example :)

I always genuinely mean it at the time. I think bails to it, why keep posting?

Then I take my head out of my arseee and realise that through the forum I've made a lot of good friends. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Manchester 

Sorry but you're stuck with this troll for a bit longer*

Unless I get forum banned of course

• edited July 2017
    It's always interested me that people I don't expect to read the thread actually do.   I've posted on here for over 5 years now and I'm pleased that I've always given honest accounts of things. I'm probs too open about stuff but it's always been warrts and all.   I guess it's perfectly normal that while some people will like the thread there are others who will not like it, or me.   I just find it fascinating that people such as Maxally, Nuggy and Aussie read it. It actually astonishes me that people like Aussie even recall posts I made nearly two years ago. It was just a little disappointing that he either didn't recall it too well/or lied about what I had posted to try and make me look bad. I did point out at the time that his account was incorrectly recorded and oddly as yet I still haven't received an apology.   He calls me a troll. Really? Ohf uk Off   I'm honest and say what I think. That's how I believe forums should work. If someone posts something I disagree with then I'll say so. Surely that's better than being false? If someone posts and they're rude for no reason then it's quite likely that I'll respond in kind. Does that make me a troll?   I believe that I contribute and offer something to the forum. I also believe that I'm balanced. I've made my feelings clear about donating to a forum member for information that is unhelpful. At the same time when Tikay did the thread earlier in the year about people who contributed positively to the forum, I nominated Aussie. I appreciate that there are a number of people, who like/ are amused by his quarter 4s etc.   I'm def overly dramatic and realise this. Probs too late to change now. I suspect people quite like reading my occasional blow ups anyway :)   Keeping with the honesty thing, my personal life is grim right now. I'm doing my very best to keep it together. I question myself all the time. I bluff confidence. I make very quick emotional responses to things. My drama queen leaving the forum every couple of months or so as an example :)   I always genuinely mean it at the time. I think bails to it, why keep posting? Then I take my head out of my arseee and realise that through the forum I've made a lot of good friends.  Looking forward to seeing everyone in Manchester    Sorry but you're stuck with this troll for a bit longer*           Unless I get forum banned of course
    Posted by Jac35

I like this honest farmer Paul persona.

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : I like this honest farmer Paul persona.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    'Bales'

Dickkheadd
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : 'Bales' Dickkheadd
    Posted by Jac35

Another player City could sign.
  • edited July 2017
    Your latest post reminds me of a song I am rather fond of.

It’s funny how they shoot you down when your hands are held up high
    And you open up your heart and soul but that’s not enough for most
    I remember this much
    There is nothing you shouldn’t speak of If you’ve got something to say
    And there is no one to be scared of Just get them out of the way.

GL.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Another player City could sign.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    :)
  • edited July 2017
    Nice to see you're still making friends Paul and everything is going smoothly ;)

See you in Manchester.
  • edited July 2017
    Nice to see you're still making friends Paul and everything is going smoothly ;) See you in Manchester.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    You know me James
    Anything to keep the peace 
  • edited July 2017
    The subscribe button was invented for Fred's like this.