You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Return of the Jac

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Should be a great weekend, hoping my liver is up to the task. :-)
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac:
    Spts are back!   Well worthy of a quick rambly return.   I'm really looking forward to it.  I managed to get a seat on Sunday through the freeroll. Came 5th which gave me the seat £207 and £180 for expenses. That money should just about cover the weekend and so I won't need to play sats for expenses. It was a pity that it was Keith I knocked out to pretty much lock up my seat. Had a great time at the Irish open with him and the magnificent Paula a couple of years back. Pretty sure he'll be there anyway though so it's ok.   Will be good to see a lot of old faces again. And it will be very good to meet up with people that I've chatted to on here but never actually met. I'll miss a few but off the top of my head    Phantom  Markycash Sr23 - I think he looked for me at the ukpc but was running deep. He found Jon though, as he, well, wasn't. Reflex Gregster Elroy and Krystalboo - I do have a funny feeling that I've met them before though   There will be a little group of us meeting up to begin with.  If you want to come over to say "hi" / punch me on the nose, delete as applicable, we should be easy enough to spot.   I'll be the little bloke looking grumpy. Jon will be the little bloke sipping on Diet Coke and nibbling on a salad Jimi will be sporting an extraordinary beard  Pat will have about 10 pints of Guinness in front of him. He is so nice that people like to buy him drinks. The trouble is he rarely actually drinks them. Eamonn will the one with the butler in tow having orders barked at him. Tom will be the one exuding class   Should be a great weekend 
    Posted by Jac35

Ha no probs mate :)

Yeah still hoping to satellite in, it will be a great weekend I'm sure.

Any plans for this years IPO? 26-30th Oct. We've missed the last couple of years but will try some sats for this one.

• edited June 2017
    You will never know if you have met SR23 as he (or she?) is a master of disguise.

• edited June 2017
    You will never know if you have met SR23 as he (or she?) is a master of disguise.
    Posted by Phantom66
    This is true. At the risk of hijacking Jac's thread, are you going to Manchester? 
  • edited June 2017
    Quick update on the usuals Wp Derby We gave Watford 12 million for two players who can barely get in our match day squad and then we sell them out best player for around 7 million Golf - normal toss Harry - just about toilet trained. Although slight mishap at currys last week. I'd been with my mum to buy a new tv. As we were settling up Harry was bored. There was a glass elevator next to the us and so I let him go up and down on that. On the 4th trip down he inexplicably decided he needed to take a leak. Wasn't arrested fortunately. Poker - not playing a huge deal. Playing mostly cash and it's been going really well. Mtts not so good. Dyms barely run nowadays (time for a dym promo I think) Watched 2 films last night Trainspotting 2 - pretty good Point Break remake - bag of wannk.
    Posted by Jac35
    Would of loved to go, but won't be able to make this one as will be on holiday.  Will be sure to be trying to qualify for the next one though.

Like the story about Harry, love it when kids do that sort of stuff.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : This is true. At the risk of hijacking Jac's thread, are you going to Manchester? 
    Posted by SR23
    Well I am hoping to qualify, but seeing as I am yet to enter a promo or a sat that is not going too well.

However it isn't too far for me so I intend to be there for at least one evening.
  • edited July 2017

That was a really nice weekend

Saturday morning we did brunch. Eggs Benedict :)

In the afternoon I played golf and for once hit the ball really well. 

It was the Little Eaton carnival and I managed to swerve that for the golf as long as I got there in time for the food in the evening

"Er yeah, I can do that"

Hot dogs and a couple of Peronis were good

Played a bit when I got home. Satted into the QuickDraw and took the cash. I didn't see it as playing a sat for cash. I consider the £55 as beer money for SPT.

Then played the 2 9.30s and came 8th and 3rd for a few quid.

Sunday pub lunch outside. Play areas are the nuts.

Decided not to play the SPT gold freeroll as I have a seat already.

Instead I went to Derby for the rebuy.

Came 4th

Had a fun hand in the rebuy period. At 200/400

Utg limps. 3 more limpers and I make it 2350 playing 27k on the button with AK 

Sb raises to 6k playing 12k. Utg flats the 6k playing 22k

I shove, sb snaps and utg says Q8 is his favourite hand and calls quickly 

We didn't win that one :)

Bust a couple of hands later and was pretty unsure about rebuying and adding on. £95 is fairly steep for a small comp.

But thought sod it and re entered. Ran good after that. Not getting tilted about beats at all these days. Most odd.

£230 for 4th which meant after buy ins and 6 estrellas and a magnificent pizza I made a £100

Will do nicely

Day off today.

Going to Jangala soft play with Aunty Barbara in half an hour.

Will probs take Harry too.

9 holes later

• edited July 2017
    That was a really nice weekend   Saturday morning we did brunch. Eggs Benedict :) In the afternoon I played golf and for once hit the ball really well.  It was the Little Eaton carnival and I managed to swerve that for the golf as long as I got there in time for the food in the evening "Er yeah, I can do that" Hot dogs and a couple of Peronis were good   Played a bit when I got home. Satted into the QuickDraw and took the cash. I didn't see it as playing a sat for cash. I consider the £55 as beer money for SPT. Then played the 2 9.30s and came 8th and 3rd for a few quid.   Sunday pub lunch outside. Play areas are the nuts.   Decided not to play the SPT gold freeroll as I have a seat already. Instead I went to Derby for the rebuy. Came 4th Had a fun hand in the rebuy period. At 200/400 Utg limps. 3 more limpers and I make it 2350 playing 27k on the button with AK  Sb raises to 6k playing 12k. Utg flats the 6k playing 22k I shove, sb snaps and utg says Q8 is his favourite hand and calls quickly  We didn't win that one :)   Bust a couple of hands later and was pretty unsure about rebuying and adding on. £95 is fairly steep for a small comp. But thought sod it and re entered. Ran good after that. Not getting tilted about beats at all these days. Most odd.   £230 for 4th which meant after buy ins and 6 estrellas and a magnificent pizza I made a £100 Will do nicely   Day off today. Going to Jangala soft play with Aunty Barbara in half an hour. Will probs take Harry too.   9 holes later
    Posted by Jac35

Lightweight

• edited July 2017

Delighted to see the return of the return of Return of the Jac.
  • edited July 2017
    Delighted to see the return of the return of Return of the Jac.
    Posted by Tikay10

It won't last
  • edited July 2017
    Really pleased Paul is posting again, even more so given the new super font size.
  • edited July 2017
    Yeah, noticed he is back trolling ;)
  • edited July 2017
    Nice day today.
    Easy at work and so finished early. Thought i would take Harry to Gullivers Kingdom at Matlock. Didn't realise that out of season it closed at 4pm.
    We got there at 3 and were asked to pay £20 to go in for an hour. Decided against. Cue Harry bursting into tears. Felt awful. Don't worry, he got me back later.

Promised him that we would come back in a couple of days. To a 3 year old this wasn't much consolation.
    Had a bit of inspiration and drove another mile or so and went to the Heights of Abraham. Across the railway track which pleased the boy, he loves trains, and over to the cable cars to take us up there.
    Harry was free and as it was late they charged me a senior citizens rate.....

Harry jumping up and down on the spot in excitement, or maybe for some other reason,  as we waited to get on was nice. He loved the trip up and went straight to the play area. There was then a 20 minute wait for the last tour of the caves. Thought i would get us a bite to eat. Just as i was paying Harry informed me that he had done a poo. Now a couple of weeks ago this would not have been a problem, but now..

We dealt with the issue and he loved the caves.

Straight to sleep on the way home. His mother had decided to go for a nap as well and so i toddled off to the golf course.
    Golf is horrible once again.

Played a bit of poker. Huge lag tonight, Had to quit cash pretty quickly but not before i'd been gifted 3 buy ins. Was quite nice when someone, who had just lost a big pot,  open shoved 83bbs pre and i had KK. He had J9 and in shock news we held.
    Played 3 mtts.
    9.30 £11bh was frustrating. Flopped a set and timed out with the lag. Bates then did me with A2 v my AK. Pleased for him as he doesn't always run too well.
    In the £3rebuy there was a reg who ran rather well. He also made a decent call v me.
    I think that he's already shared the hand with the majority of people on SKY, which is nice.
    Finalled a turbo and got 4flushed on the river to bust in a chiplead pot.

Made £46 for the 2 hours i played so that's ok.
    Hand history free zone this btw if a certain someone is reading

• edited July 2017
    It's been coming
    Played terribly at cash tonight and had a few run out badly too, QQ v JJ for a £94 pot springs to mind.
    Reads were awful and I gifted a few buy ins away.

Recovered a bit when I dropped some tables.

Then I did something I haven't done in a long time. I regged some dyms to make me more disciplined. They take a long time to fill now.
    Played 2 £11s 2 £22s and 2 £33s
    Won 5 out of 6 and lost the right one.

Only being £26 down on night is a great result
  • edited July 2017
    Nice day today. Easy at work and so finished early. Thought i would take Harry to Gullivers Kingdom at Matlock. Didn't realise that out of season it closed at 4pm. We got there at 3 and were asked to pay £20 to go in for an hour. Decided against. Cue Harry bursting into tears. Felt awful. Don't worry, he got me back later. Promised him that we would come back in a couple of days. To a 3 year old this wasn't much consolation. Had a bit of inspiration and drove another mile or so and went to the Heights of Abraham. Across the railway track which pleased the boy, he loves trains, and over to the cable cars to take us up there. Harry was free and as it was late they charged me a senior citizens rate..... Harry jumping up and down on the spot in excitement, or maybe for some other reason,  as we waited to get on was nice. He loved the trip up and went straight to the play area. There was then a 20 minute wait for the last tour of the caves. Thought i would get us a bite to eat. Just as i was paying Harry informed me that he had done a poo. Now a couple of weeks ago this would not have been a problem, but now.. We dealt with the issue and he loved the caves. Straight to sleep on the way home. His mother had decided to go for a nap as well and so i toddled off to the golf course. Golf is horrible once again. Played a bit of poker. Huge lag tonight, Had to quit cash pretty quickly but not before i'd been gifted 3 buy ins. Was quite nice when someone, who had just lost a big pot,  open shoved 83bbs pre and i had KK. He had J9 and in shock news we held. Played 3 mtts. 9.30 £11bh was frustrating. Flopped a set and timed out with the lag. Bates then did me with A2 v my AK. Pleased for him as he doesn't always run too well. In the £3rebuy there was a reg who ran rather well. He also made a decent call v me. I think that he's already shared the hand with the majority of people on SKY, which is nice. Finalled a turbo and got 4flushed on the river to bust in a chiplead pot. Made £46 for the 2 hours i played so that's ok. .... Hand history free zone this btw if a certain someone is reading
    Posted by Jac35
    Really am starting to feel sorry for the chap at this stage, I had AA the other night and I busted his AJ. Variance is a cruel thing Matt.
  • edited July 2017
    It's been coming Played terribly at cash tonight and had a few run out badly too, QQ v JJ for a £94 pot springs to mind. Reads were awful and I gifted a few buy ins away. Recovered a bit when I dropped some tables. Then I did something I haven't done in a long time. I regged some dyms to make me more disciplined. They take a long time to fill now. Played 2 £11s 2 £22s and 2 £33s Won 5 out of 6 and lost the right one. Only being £26 down on night is a great result
    Posted by Jac35
    I've told you before, Timmy has won all the money.
  • edited July 2017
    Good Afternoon Paul
    Vegas is awesome:)
    My dear wife had eggs benedict this morning, I had eggs on steak :)
    Hope things are good for you and family and you are running well.
    I shall return to the felt soon.
  • edited July 2017
    Hi Tom

That is so bizarre
    I was going to update and so I looked through the pages and couldn't find the thread. Was just about to send Tikay an abusive message and get the solicitors in. Then I found it here at the top :)

Sounds like you've had a great time. Pity that ruthless CPFC wouldn't chop with you the other night!
    Sarah is a very smart woman. She chose you and she goes for Eggs  Benedict.
    I had a little go at the poker myself tonight you know.
    Tossy exit from the rebuy but cash went well
    Flops of 10 9 7 when you have J8 and they have 77 are pretty good it seems. £340 pot :)

6 pints and a pizza and going home with £42 more than I started with is ok.

Enjoying cash on Sky presently and have made a nice bit over the last few weeks.

Be nice if dyms could get going again but for the time being cash is good
  • edited July 2017
    Great to hear you are doing well, the chip leader in the tourney ( wasn't CPFC at the time) was the one who didn't want to chop 4 handed so Eamonn punished him heads up :)
    I have a sky poker hoodie :) 
    Visiting the Rio for the sky team to reg was a great experience, took me back to when I ..........
    Hi Jon :)
  • edited July 2017
    Cpfc2010 and I played our last live tournament in Vegas this evening, he was awesome as per, I got a bit lucky as per, we both made final table in Caesars Palace. I took his solid advice and chopped 3 ways, I took the winners medal as I had most chips , which was nice :)
  • edited July 2017
    Cpfc2010 and I played our last live tournament in Vegas this evening, he was awesome as per, I got a bit lucky as per, we both made final table in Caesars Palace. I took his solid advice and chopped 3 ways, I took the winners medal as I had most chips , which was nice :)
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Fantastic
    Crushing live as well as online the pair of you.

Safe journey home Tom
  • edited July 2017
    Great to hear you are doing well, the chip leader in the tourney ( wasn't CPFC at the time) was the one who didn't want to chop 4 handed so Eamonn punished him heads up :) I have a sky poker hoodie :)  Visiting the Rio for the sky team to reg was a great experience, took me back to when I .......... Hi Jon :)
    Posted by tomgoodun

Grrrrr

Congrats my good man, sounds like you've had an excellent trip. You can treat the pug to some new toys with all your $$$ :)

Seeing Palace fluke live poker instead of online poker must have made for a nice change of scenery.
  • edited July 2017

Broke even tonight 

Awesome result. Ran horribly 

It was coming tbf. I've had a really good few weeks. Cash has been really enjoyable and I don't feel like the spot on all my tables now.

Had 9 holes of golf last night and was 1 over. It was still light enough to play the back 9 but I didn't want to spoil it :)

Had a joint birthday party for my Mum and Penny yesterday. Was fun.

13 year old nephew helped me out as well. We have a deal. He does all the bits I can't do on GTA and I don't tell his Mum that he has a copy and plays it at home when she's not there.

Derby have made some decent signings. We haven't spent much but adding Davies, Wisdom and Huddlestone will definitely improve us.   Still have money in reserve for a big signing too. 

Obv we'll get slaughtered on tv on the opening day which coincides with the SPT. I'm sure no one will take he piiss.

Really looking forward to Manchester.

Great stuff from Sky players in Vegas. Fantastic to see Tom and Eamonn have a great time and make a few quid as well.

Wasn't in the slightest bit jealous reading their messages 

Pen has had a relapse which is a bit shitt but quick dose of steroids so hope she'll be ok soon.

Was def gonna get a new car. Bloody thing is in neg equity at moment though so will have to wait 6 months till the term is up.

Think that's up to date :)

• edited July 2017
    Nice to see you post again.

Always thought Huddlestone was a bit underrated but he never quite reached his full potential.
    Good signing.

Best wishes to Penny.
    She does have a lot to put up with.  :)
  • edited July 2017
    May have done a little moaning at one point tonight about running bad in mtts 

Not like me but whatever 

Must admit my luck changed a little bit later on

Decided on a night of tourneys after playing like a fool last night at cash and doing just over a £100

Played 4 mtts

Bust  the sheriff early in grotty fashion
    Bust the £22 10pm just off the money in grotty fashion QQ v QJ aipf

Ran ridiculously well in £3 rebuy and didn't bust it at all. 1st was nice :)
    Ran well in main and came 4th

Decent night
  • edited July 2017

Eat your heart out John Hesp.
  • edited July 2017
    May have done a little moaning at one point tonight about running bad in mtts  Not like me but whatever  Must admit my luck changed a little bit later on Decided on a night of tourneys after playing like a fool last night at cash and doing just over a £100 Played 4 mtts Bust  the sheriff early in grotty fashion Bust the £22 10pm just off the money in grotty fashion QQ v QJ aipf Ran ridiculously well in £3 rebuy and didn't bust it at all. 1st was nice :) Ran well in main and came 4th Decent night
    Posted by Jac35

Nicely done, you can take the rest of the week off and play some golf surely?
  • edited July 2017
    May have done a little moaning at one point tonight about running bad in mtts  Not like me but whatever  Must admit my luck changed a little bit later on Decided on a night of tourneys after playing like a fool last night at cash and doing just over a £100 Played 4 mtts Bust  the sheriff early in grotty fashion Bust the £22 10pm just off the money in grotty fashion QQ v QJ aipf Ran ridiculously well in £3 rebuy and didn't bust it at all. 1st was nice :) Ran well in main and came 4th Decent night
    Posted by Jac35
    Grotty. 

Not grotty. Wpwp. 
  • edited July 2017
    Lost a tenner last night

Drunk copious amounts of Peroni in pub tonight.
    Obv logged on when I got home! Won £47 in 20 mins
    That'll do
    Stood :)
  • edited July 2017
    Played very badly tonight, very badly.
    Was in totally the wrong frame of mind to play.
    In top 5 losing nights ever. Just under £700.
    Did make lots of points though ;)

This one was fun :)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Jac35 Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £128.71
    junga Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £59.59
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

Rhythm1991 Fold     
    MPRADAWEE Raise   £3.00 £4.50 £220.34
    THEGRID Fold     
    shadowcat Fold