You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Return of the Jac

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Gotta stop losing the first few games I play each night. 6 on the bounce tonight.
    As I have such a solid mental game and never cry or moan it's ok.
    Rallied last night and booked a tenner win which felt good. Tonight was good because the games earlier were the smaller buy ins and I went on the rampage in the higher games. After that start a £37 win is pleasing. 
    Line ups were very good tonight but I've quit early. Need another couple of hundred points tomorrow to get the 20/% and stay nicely on track for priority.
    Derby won today. Who cares
    Week off work now. Looking to play a fair bit of poker. Hopefully gonna get 2/3 rounds of golf in as well. Forecast is much better. Not at all jealous of Jimi going off to Turkey for a week of golf that he's trying to pass off as work.
    I've been asked to go back managing at work. 
    Big decision. 
    Penny is supportive of it. Would be good as knee is troublesome. Also pretty big pay increase. Do I want the grief of trying to manage 40 staff again? Hours would be a lot longer as well.

Need to think about it all.
  • edited March 2017
    Happy with that. Needed 220 points to get to 2k and 20%. Ran well and made £54. Got 2004 now.
    Off work now and so got the boy all week.
    Rest needed so early night.
  • edited March 2017
    Well that was fun.
    Penny has just had a friend round to see us. She was very open about the fact she's been enhanced a little recently. Well, not a little, a lot.
    Quite difficult not to stare.

Played a bit last night. A couple of hundred points and £12 profit is ok. 
  • edited March 2017

Did the saying " looks like a dead heat in a zeplin race"
    come to mind? 
  • edited March 2017
    Bah
    Most of the good work from last few days undone tonight. Lost £81. Ran pretty grim all night.
    Load of points though :)

Edit
    Played cash for 20 mins and won £20. A little bit better :)

• edited March 2017
    Bad beats are dull. 
    I'll spare you. Played live again tonight and i didn't win.
  • edited March 2017
    Live can be ace. It can also be the pits. I know: insightful. Hope you run better dude. 
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac:
    Live can be ace. It can also be the pits. I know: insightful. Hope you run better dude. 
    Posted by SR23
    I didn't ;)
    Lost a further £280 at cash 
    The game is ridiculously soft and I'm a huge loser this year. From I think 5 visits I'm nearly 1k down.

Grind every day online and make a few bob and it's all gone back in 5 live games
  • edited March 2017
    My recent live exploits have not been dissimilar and compounded by weak-tight semi-regs scooping up (seemingly) grands every month and winning 9/10 sessions. 

Giving live another whirl tomorrow and will be shocked at anything other than losing a couple of buy-ins/this last week's online profit. 

Good to see you're keeping up the diary. I must do better. 
  • edited March 2017
    Pretty tired tonight but with Penny out and Harry in bed I thought I'd have a go

Dyms seemed particularly soft this evening and I did ok
    Playerd 4 or 5 mtts. Lost heads up for the 4th consecutive time this year. Bit annoying but not much I could do. With 3 left we had a 3 way all in on the turn when i had a straight. Was chipleader so thought I was there. One of the players made a flush and we were heads up. 1st hand I have KK and we get it in on 6 7 4. He has 85. Gg me

Nice to get £90 profit on night though.

Think I need to bin live poker for a while. Online I'm not far off what I'd consider to be par for the year. Live has properly fucckked my profit for the year up.
    Went into Ashbourne to get Harry some new trainers this afternoon. £47.50 and he'll grow out of them in a couple of months. I've mentioned this before and it didn't go down too well. A poker players perspective. Grumble about £47.50 on shoes. Am ok with regging for £150 worth of dyms :)

Had a good find as well. Parked next to a Salvation Army shop. Noticed in the  window that they were selling Chronicle of the 2nd World War for £3.99. I remember my Dad getting Chronicle of the 20th Century years ago and it being a great read. So I gave the lady a tenner and grabbed it.
  • edited March 2017
    To be fair I doubt you will make 8.8% ROI on Harrys Shoes when he has grown out of them.

• edited March 2017
    My recent live exploits have not been dissimilar and compounded by weak-tight semi-regs scooping up (seemingly) grands every month and winning 9/10 sessions.  Giving live another whirl tomorrow and will be shocked at anything other than losing a couple of buy-ins/this last week's online profit.  Good to see you're keeping up the diary. I must do better. 
    Posted by SR23
    I'm really good at predicting the future. Probably the best I've ever played live, too. Oh well. 

Apologies for the diary hijack. Have a good weekend. 
  • edited March 2017

I saw the "BOOM" treatment from the same fella who gave it to you a few nights ago Paul, after he outdrew A-K with A-3, AIP.

A bit later, in the same game, I busted him.

I managed to resist BOOM. Just.  

• edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : I'm really good at predicting the future. Probably the best I've ever played live, too. Oh well.  Apologies for the diary hijack. Have a good weekend. 
    Posted by SR23
    Hijack as regularly as you want SR
    You bring a bit of class to the thread that only a few others could achieve. Goldon etc..

Sorry it didn't go well for you live. Maybe runbad is due to your lack of posting on the forum
  • edited March 2017
    I saw the "BOOM" treatment from the same fella who gave it to you a few nights ago Paul, after he outdrew A-K with A-3, AIP.   A bit later, in the same game, I busted him. I managed to resist BOOM. Just.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes
    I always shove similar restraint 
  • edited March 2017
    Kind of a good/bad night
    Played 6 Dyms and ran well and won 5 of them.

Played the megastack, briefly, 1 hand :)
    Played £22bh, fairly briefly
    Played £3rebuy, very briefly
    Played £11bh and ran super well early on. Was one of those where i kept leaving people with 1bb and missing their heads. But having said that i sucked out a couple of times so shouldn't grumble.

Then, just the same as last night i got beaten up bvb where he flopped a straight again. It was a hand that i should never have opened. J4. Flop was 456.  But when i hit 2 pair on the turn i'm fairly happy :) He was def a player who would have jammed any pair pre and so i could only be losing to a flopped straight. Pity he had flopped a straight ;)
    That left me 5 bigs and i was out in 8th 2 minutes later.

£50 up on night so happy enough that i'm clawing some of Wednesday nights live losses back
  • edited March 2017
    Kind of a good/bad night Played 6 Dyms and ran well and won 5 of them. Played the megastack, briefly, 1 hand :) Played £22bh, fairly briefly Played £3rebuy, very briefly Played £11bh and ran super well early on. Was one of those where i kept leaving people with 1bb and missing their heads. But having said that i sucked out a couple of times so shouldn't grumble. Then, just the same as last night i got beaten up bvb where he flopped a straight again. It was a hand that i should never have opened. J4. Flop was 456.  But when i hit 2 pair on the turn i'm fairly happy :) He was def a player who would have jammed any pair pre and so i could only be losing to a flopped straight. Pity he had flopped a straight ;) That left me 5 bigs and i was out in 8th 2 minutes later. £50 up on night so happy enough that i'm clawing some of Wednesday nights live losses back
    Posted by Jac35

This kind of thing can happen in turbo MTTs mate.
  • edited March 2017
    Started at 10 tonight and played a few dyms and was just ahead.
    Late regged the £3 rebuy and have just bust in 5th
    Decent night and £54 up

Fun week. 5 winning nights out of 7 and £115 down :)

• edited March 2017
    hes gone...again
  • edited March 2017
    hes gone...again
    Posted by stokefc
    We're a shambles

Rumour has it that he instructed the kit designers to make the shorts more like hot pants for next season.
    Some of the more deluded say it was the players who chose the new kit
  • edited March 2017
    Wasn't going to play tonight but I ended up logging on for a few games
    Ran bad but only lost £17 so no disasters
    Lost 3 flip consecutively v dial. That's fine though. Never mind losing to the nice guys 
    AK v 33
    AQ v 22
    JJ v KQ 
  • edited March 2017
    Was talking to a cider drinker with a silly alias from the West Country earlier.
    Reminded me of a weekend in Bristol a long time ago

It was about 10 years ago when I was managing at work and I was asked if I wanted to play in a Royal Mail 5-a-side tournament in Bristol. We had a senior manager who was massively into it. Think he may have been chairman of the local football leagues
    It would mean time off and was all expenses paid. Nice hotel and a bit of cash to pop out for a meal.
    So, I said yes 
    We got a ringer in from my local team and imaginatively said he was a postman called Pat.
    We got there on the Friday night and we all got stupid drunk. Maybe the most drunk I've ever been. 
    We somehow made it on time for the first game on the Saturday morning. The ringer had pulled the previous night and was never seen again. So we had no subs.

On arrival we saw some nut cases doing laps of the pitch. They were Aberdeen Royal Mail. The had flown down and were rather serious about it all. We staggered on to the pitch and just as we kicked off the senior manager arrived. He was proper old school.

We lost 16-1. I scored and so wondered if I might escape the grief. No chance.

The following week at work it emerged that there had been a change of plan and rather than manage in Derby as I had done for the last 2 years, I was needed at Sleaford Office for a couple of weeks, which just happened to be the furthest place away in the East Midlands from my home office

• edited March 2017
    Ringers in Royal Mail competitions reminded me of this...

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/tony-s-mt-table-tennis-1-8381967
  • edited March 2017
    95th minute equalisers are getting dull.
    This season is long gone anyway and it's a good opportunity for Rowett to see that we have a load of shiite players and hopefully we'll be able to move some on in the summer.

Was great to see Tikay looking so good yesterday even if he was wearing that ridiculous burgundy jacket.

Freeroll tonight for Vegas package. Let's hope for some Jordz style rungood.
  • edited March 2017
    Night terrors and waking up crying 

Harry, not me

Although after Wednesday night it could well be me. 3rd worst losing night ever online.
    Played cash and for once wasn't outclassed. Played cash and played pretty good but the cards were against me. It happens. Just a pity it's when I play a bit higher.
    I played the Quickdraw to see if I could get out of it. Didn't work :)
    Exit from that was fun. 
    I made it 400 utg with AK at 100/200 and a creative player made it 600. I had 5600 and I thought v this guy a shove might be the best play. He snapped Q4 and it was gg :)

Thoughts on one cash hand would be appreciated. I'm happy with it although flop call was questionable. Can't find hand right now but this is all pretty close.

Wubble opens to 1.50
    Pnin calls and I call on button with 87hh. We're all playing about £110
    Flop
    J 4 5 rainbow (1 heart)

Wubble leads £3 and pnin makes its £10. I flat?
    I think me flatting should slow wubble down from reraising and with both players presumably strong i felt my implied odds were huge if I hit

Wubble did just call and we went to turn.
    Turn 6 putting all 4 suits on the board

Wubble leads for £31 and pnin calls.

Now I thought it was close between shoving and calling. I'm clearly up against 2 very strong hands. 
    If one has a set which I'm sure they do then I'm going to stack them on most rivers. If I shove, I look incred strong and maybe lose one of them.

So there is about £130 in the middle and we all have around £60/70 behind

River 6

Wubble shoves and pnin snaps
    I fold

• edited March 2017
    Night terrors and waking up crying  Harry, not me Although after Wednesday night it could well be me. 3rd worst losing night ever online. Played cash and for once wasn't outclassed. Played cash and played pretty good but the cards were against me. It happens. Just a pity it's when I play a bit higher. I played the Quickdraw to see if I could get out of it. Didn't work :) Exit from that was fun.  I made it 400 utg with AK at 100/200 and a creative player made it 600. I had 5600 and I thought v this guy a shove might be the best play. He snapped Q4 and it was gg :) Thoughts on one cash hand would be appreciated. I'm happy with it although flop call was questionable. Can't find hand right now but this is all pretty close. Wubble opens to 1.50 Pnin calls and I call on button with 87hh. We're all playing about £110 Flop J 4 5 rainbow (1 heart) Wubble leads £3 and pnin makes its £10. I flat? I think me flatting should slow wubble down from reraising and with both players presumably strong i felt I had a good chance of realising my equity if I hit Wubble did just call and we went to turn. Turn 6 putting all 4 suits on the board Wubble leads for £31 and pnin calls. Now I thought it was close between shoving and calling. I'm clearly up against 2 very strong hands.  If one has a set which I'm sure they do then I'm going to stack them on most rivers. If I shove, I look incred strong and maybe lose one of them. So there is about £130 in the middle and we all have around £60/70 behind River 6 Wubble shoves and pnin snaps I fold
    Posted by Jac35
    I really am quite bad at cash so I am calling here another £60 to win £300 or there abouts but you followed your gut were you right ?
  • edited March 2017
    such a horrible spot, no idea what the best play on the river is, but i think its try and gii on the turn given that a 3,4,5,6.7,8,J are all bad river cards. 
  • edited March 2017
    Night terrors and waking up crying  Harry, not me Although after Wednesday night it could well be me. 3rd worst losing night ever online. Played cash and for once wasn't outclassed. Played cash and played pretty good but the cards were against me. It happens. Just a pity it's when I play a bit higher. I played the Quickdraw to see if I could get out of it. Didn't work :) Exit from that was fun.  I made it 400 utg with AK at 100/200 and a creative player made it 600. I had 5600 and I thought v this guy a shove might be the best play. He snapped Q4 and it was gg :) Thoughts on one cash hand would be appreciated. I'm happy with it although flop call was questionable. Can't find hand right now but this is all pretty close. Wubble opens to 1.50 Pnin calls and I call on button with 87hh. We're all playing about £110 Flop J 4 5 rainbow (1 heart) Wubble leads £3 and pnin makes its £10. I flat? I think me flatting should slow wubble down from reraising and with both players presumably strong i felt I had a good chance of realising my equity if I hit Wubble did just call and we went to turn. Turn 6 putting all 4 suits on the board Wubble leads for £31 and pnin calls. Now I thought it was close between shoving and calling. I'm clearly up against 2 very strong hands.  If one has a set which I'm sure they do then I'm going to stack them on most rivers. If I shove, I look incred strong and maybe lose one of them. So there is about £130 in the middle and we all have around £60/70 behind River 6 Wubble shoves and pnin snaps I fold
    Posted by Jac35

Yeah, you seemed to be playing really well on Wednesday.

Insight is a little scattergun due to a hangover, but...

I don't hate 3-betting pre but call also seems good/probably better. 

Certainly peeling £3 but £10 is slightly more questionable. Think the BDFD/position just about sways it for me though. 

Turn seems fine/good. If the board doesn't pair you are (often) stacking both players and you have around 75-80% equity here against sets. 

God knows what to do on the river. Here I'll say fold, in game I probably (probably) convince myself they have weird 2prs or overpairs* and sigh call. 

gf (probably) esp v those two villains

*although, really? Ofc not. 

• edited March 2017
    such a horrible spot, no idea what the best play on the river is, but i think its try and gii on the turn given that a 3,4,5,6.7,8,J are all bad river cards. 
    Posted by jordz16
    Yeah I know what you mean Jordz 
    I called as I'm obv ahead at his stage and I don't want to lose the sets and optimistic 2 pair hands. They're all calling a shove anyway and then we'd need to fade the river.
    I think given what's behind, on all good rivers I stack at least one of them. 
    Although I guess a river giving 4 to a straight would be bad cards for me as well
  • edited March 2017
    i know i,m not very good at cash or even poker full stop , but can i ask , why flat the 3-bet otf with 4 outs and runner runner hearts which might not even be the best hand ? me i fold otf after the betting yeah the 6 ott great i go allin then hope it doesn,t pair the river imho
    edit:are you looking at implied odds here Paul ?