You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Return of the Jac

Comments

• edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac:
    i know i,m not very good at cash or even poker full stop , but can i ask , why flat the 3-bet otf with 4 outs and runner runner hearts which might not even be the best hand ? me i fold otf after the betting yeah the 6 ott great i go allin then hope it doesn,t pair the river imho edit:are you looking at implied odds here Paul ?
    Posted by stokefc
    I made a mess of my original write up.
    "Implied odds" was what I was looking for.

Yeah implied odds were the reason for the call. As I say it was questionable. If the raise had been a little less or we were deeper then I think it's fine. At that price it's probs a fold. 
    But I was losing big and I thought that there was a chance of winning a big pot with a very disguised hand.  Not a good reason but an honest one 

• edited March 2017
    Just bust the vegas 2nd chance freeroll in 11th place
    Losing KK v 33 to go 2nd in chips with 12 left doesn't help :)

As alway seems to be the case, the player who has sucked out on you ends up being the one to knock you out. Exit hand was fair enough i spose. He opened and i shoved AQ for 8 bigs. He decided to call with AA and i couldn't do a Jordz.

Good game though and the £200 is nice.

Edit
    Sorry if this appears to be a moan about having a bad beat/bad night etc
    Was just writing honestly about my night as usual. A turdd seems to have made the point about me whining elsewhere. I won't reply on there as i wouldn't want to derail a great thread. As a friend has just said. He's just a nasty piece of work who can't help himself. If he wants to grumble at me then i'd rather he did it on here than spoil good threads
    Turdds gonna turdd i spose
  • edited March 2017
    Just bust the vegas 2nd chance freeroll in 11th place Losing KK v 33 to go 2nd in chips with 12 left doesn't help :) As alway seems to be the case, the player who has sucked out on you ends up being the one to knock you out. Exit hand was fair enough i spose. He opened and i shoved AQ for 8 bigs. He decided to call with AA and i couldn't do a Jordz. Good game though and the £200 is nice. Edit Sorry if this appears to be a moan about having a bad beat/bad night etc Was just writing honestly about my night as usual. A turdd seems to have made the point about me whining elsewhere. I won't reply on there as i wouldn't want to derail a great thread. As a friend has just said. He's just a nasty piece of work who can't help himself. If he wants to grumble at me then i'd rather he did it on here than spoil good threads Turdds gonna turdd i spose
    Posted by Jac35
    VUL in the Freeroll mate, pity that some people have no respect for someone who has overcome massive obstacles in life and comes across as a genuinely nice person.
  • edited March 2017
    Imagine how sad you have to be to stalk someone's thread that you obviously don't get along with and instead of replying direct you make a point of putting it on a completely different thread where you know it will still be read by all. Taking trolling to the MAX
  • edited March 2017
    Just bust the vegas 2nd chance freeroll in 11th place Losing KK v 33 to go 2nd in chips with 12 left doesn't help :) As alway seems to be the case, the player who has sucked out on you ends up being the one to knock you out. Exit hand was fair enough i spose. He opened and i shoved AQ for 8 bigs. He decided to call with AA and i couldn't do a Jordz. Good game though and the £200 is nice. Edit Sorry if this appears to be a moan about having a bad beat/bad night etc Was just writing honestly about my night as usual. A turdd seems to have made the point about me whining elsewhere. I won't reply on there as i wouldn't want to derail a great thread. As a friend has just said. He's just a nasty piece of work who can't help himself. If he wants to grumble at me then i'd rather he did it on here than spoil good threads Turdds gonna turdd i spose
    Posted by Jac35
    Doesn't seem like too much of a moan to me. 

Also, props on turdd. People don't use turdd enough. 
  • edited March 2017

If you're going to concede 95th minute equalisers, probably a good thing to do so in games that almost certainly have no bearing on whether you will get promoted / relegated.  I understand your opposition at the weekend are not in quite such a relaxed situation :/

Surprised that he is manager number 3 of the season but Rowett is a quality appointment and, somewhat depressingly, I'd imagine he'll have your mob well inside the top 6 this time next year.

Re: the hand above, I'd fold flop.  Gross if Wubble pops it up again and we have to bin off £10.

As played, I'd get look to get it in on the turn for the same reason you gave for calling the flop.  Your hand is disguised and sets aren't going anywhere as a result of that.  I'd not be surprised if even 4s are happy to call in this spot.  Unlikely anyone has 2pr given the action so we're probably facing sets, overpairs or chopping with another 87.

Don't feed the trolls.  If their oxygen supply is starved they'll hopefully disappear.  This diary is still ace.

• edited March 2017
    Unlucky last night Paul, I was silently railing you from 4 tables out and that was a sickener ith the KK/33 hand.

Please keep mentioning the interesting/key hands it is a poker diary after all.

FWIW your troll would probably have flatted KK pre and made sure board was safe before reluctantly jamming flop.

Remember the good ole days when threads were such fun?
  • edited March 2017
    Cheers guys
    Bit disappointed with myself 
    Unlike me to bite!
  • edited March 2017
    Unlucky last night Paul, I was silently railing you from 4 tables out and that was a sickener ith the KK/33 hand. Please keep mentioning the interesting/key hands it is a poker diary after all. FWIW your troll would probably have flatted KK pre and made sure board was safe before reluctantly jamming flop. Remember the good ole days when threads were such fun?
    Posted by SJspanky1

From a 4bb stack?
  • edited March 2017
    No moans about bad beats tonight for once. Obv this is only because I didn't play.
    Watched a good doc on North Korea and Shin Sang-ok instead

Got told off by Harry earlier in the car. He threatened me with the naughty step when we got home. Then he added that he was tired of having to shout at me
  • edited March 2017
    Well that was an awkward end to a good night. I played 4 mtts.

Bust the vegas freeroll and the 7 at 7
    I won the £5 deepstack for  £85.50 and i've just won the mini for £545.90.

Horrible end to the mini. I got heads up and had a decent chip lead. Then, my opponent got disconnected. I timed down for 10 minutes and then he came back. I let him know that i'd been using the full time and got no response.
    He was back for about 5 mins and then disappeared again and that was it.
    Its been discussed a lot before about the best way to deal with it. It felt really awkward but heads up went on for 40 minutes and so i wasn't just mashing the raise button from the start.
    I decided he probs wasn't coming back and took the chips. Didn't feel great.

During the 5 mins he was back we got it in where i flopped trip 5s and he made a flush. Would have been so much happier if i'd just held there and won it that way.

Still, it's obviously been a really good night
  • edited March 2017

Well done Paul, nice result irrespective of the unforch HU situation.

• edited March 2017
    WP on many levels
  • edited March 2017
    Remind me, was it last night that you asked  "what is it like to win a flip at the business end of a tournament?".

Turns out you don't have to, just wait for them to disconnect. :)

On a serious note well played mate, i'm very happy for you.
  • edited March 2017
    I think a quote earlier today from everyone's favourite stalker deserves a wider audience. Jordz, Jdsallstar, Pingu etc, take a good long look at yourselves in the mirror 

"You wont beat that group of bullying trolls goldon. A group that do nothing for the community but are still backed up by Tikay. Just ignore them all, it will be best for your health and sanity!"

Off golfing. Have a good day all :)

• edited March 2017
    Golf was better than Saturday, which isn't saying much.
    My fault, I did my usual.

Had a few good rounds and so started buying stuff. 3 shiny new Vokeys. Then I saw a super pair of shoes. Then on the way to the till i spied a pair of excellent slacks.
    One thing which is pretty cool is that I needed my irons tweaking. The pro noticed that there was some corrosion on a couple of clubs and rung Ping. Common problem with S55s apparently. Spanking new set being sent out this week ;)
    Played some poker tonight 
    Dyms went badly. Played bad and ran bad in a few flips.
    Played 3 mtts and played bad. Ran good and a won a few flips. A couple of heads in the mini and the £11bh.
    Came 3rd in the £3 rebuy to give me a £36 profit on night.
    Lucky boy 

Cpfc is back crushing as usual. Just got there in time to see him win the Palace Invitational again.
    His staff will be happy. He might even give his driver a couple of hours off while he crushes some live poker in Dublin
  • edited March 2017
    I think a quote earlier today from everyone's favourite stalker deserves a wider audience. Jordz, Jdsallstar, Pingu etc, take a good long look at yourselves in the mirror  "You wont beat that group of bullying trolls goldon. A group that do nothing for the community but are still backed up by Tikay. Just ignore them all, it will be best for your health and sanity!" ..... Off golfing. Have a good day all :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Eh?

How the hell did I get dragged into that? Who am I "backing"? Who said I was? Why don't they just tell me to my face?

Let me guess - the quote is from Facebook?

Leaving Facebook was the best thing I ever did. By a long chalk.

Carry on, as you were, da de da.
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Eh? How the hell did I get dragged into that? Who am I "backing"? Who said I was? Why don't they just tell me to my face? Let me guess - the quote is from Facebook? Leaving Facebook was the best thing I ever did. By a long chalk.   Carry on, as you were, da de da.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sadly not from facebook.

Hiding in plain sight in a corner of the forum you probably do not frequent being teetotal and all that.
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Sadly not from facebook. Hiding in plain sight in a corner of the forum you probably do not frequent being teetotal and all that.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Yes, I've seen it now, & you are right, it's not an area of the forum I much frequent.

I'm really not sure why people want to drag me into this sort of stuff, I'm just trying to find the smoothest & least bumpy road in life.

Anyway, no matter, let's move on, life's too short. Literally.   

• edited March 2017
    I've always been one to live life in the fast lane.
    Take tonight for example. I was doing some ironing and I thought I'd one table some 5p/10p cash.
    Made a new friend :)

Jac35: vul
    mhuaaaaa: **** me how can such clueless awfull players get so lucky
    19:58Jac35: lol
    mhuaaaaa: button clicking m0ron
    Jac35: i take back the apology
    mhuaaaaa: how do you manage to play the game so badly ?
    19:59mhuaaaaa: no problem losing genuine hands to good play , but that **** to retards just tilts me
    mhuaaaaa: braindead clueless ****
    mhuaaaaa: and you think you playes it ok
    mhuaaaaa: **** ing mind boggling
    Jac35: you seem to have a very solid mental approach to the game, i think you'll go far
    20:00Jac35: people calling people retards after losing a hand
    mhuaaaaa: alot further than you , you **** ing button clicking tard
    Jac35: i entirely agree with you. Mind boggling
    20:01mhuaaaaa: just cant stand losing pots to m0rons miracling hands when they play like an idi0t

huaaaaa: 40bb 4bet and he thinks its good poker to flat and gii on Qxx flops
    mhuaaaaa: i mean how can people play this game so clueless
    mhuaaaaa: lost the money already well played
    mhuaaaaa: took you what 5 hands to lose it ?

(He was very excited about me losing a decent sized pot when I had 2 pair and a flush draw on the turn)

mhuaaaaa: not bothered with the money , its losing a hand to a complete m0ron playing like a tw@t
    Jac35: lol, i had 10s v KK and i hit. It's not really the worst beat ever

Jac35: enjoy your evening gents. Its been an experience 
  • edited March 2017
    I've always been one to live life in the fast lane. Take tonight for example. I was doing some ironing and I thought I'd one table some 5p/10p cash. Made a new friend :) Jac35: vul mhuaaaaa: **** me how can such clueless awfull players get so lucky 19:58Jac35: lol mhuaaaaa: button clicking m0ron Jac35: i take back the apology mhuaaaaa: how do you manage to play the game so badly ? 19:59mhuaaaaa: no problem losing genuine hands to good play , but that **** to retards just tilts me mhuaaaaa: braindead clueless **** mhuaaaaa: and you think you playes it ok mhuaaaaa: **** ing mind boggling Jac35: you seem to have a very solid mental approach to the game, i think you'll go far 20:00Jac35: people calling people retards after losing a hand mhuaaaaa: alot further than you , you **** ing button clicking tard Jac35: i entirely agree with you. Mind boggling 20:01mhuaaaaa: just cant stand losing pots to m0rons miracling hands when they play like an idi0t huaaaaa: 40bb 4bet and he thinks its good poker to flat and gii on Qxx flops mhuaaaaa: i mean how can people play this game so clueless mhuaaaaa: lost the money already well played mhuaaaaa: took you what 5 hands to lose it ? (He was very excited about me losing a decent sized pot when I had 2 pair and a flush draw on the turn) mhuaaaaa: not bothered with the money , its losing a hand to a complete m0ron playing like a tw@t Jac35: lol, i had 10s v KK and i hit. It's not really the worst beat ever Jac35: enjoy your evening gents. Its been an experience 
    Posted by Jac35

Don't you just love folks who can't take a beat?

God knows how they cope with real life stuff.

• edited March 2017
    It's nice when people are nice.
    I've just been to the petrol station for my daily latte. Quite often I take Harry in there and he gets on famously with the staff. As soon as we go in he shouts "coffee please" at them. He then sits on the counter and tells them about his day.
    One of the staff in particular gets on with him. He is a bit fat, has a goatee and looks like the sort of guy you wouldn't want to bump into in a dark alley. Kinda like a grown up version of hhy.
    As soon as we get out the car he often uses the forecourt mic and shouts "Hi Harry" 
    Harry jumps out of his skin every time.

He was working tonight. He asked if I'd seen the new £1 coin yet. I said I hadn't and he showed it me and told me to give it to Harry for his  money box. I naturally said I couldn't accept but he insisted.

Only a small thing but it's made my day and it'll make Harrys day tomorrow.

In honour of his return. Played 4 and won 4 dyms tonight. Booking the win ;)
  • edited March 2017

Did you fold Kings pre at all in those 4 DYMs?

Hope Devs comeback last longer than MacLarens....
  • edited April 2017
    Not been on to moan recently. So for stalker benefit i'll really go for it tonight.
    Hardly played last week after having the nice little win on the Sunday night. Played golf instead and was knackered each night.

Had a go tonight.
    Played 5 mtts plus a few sats.
    Got heads up in quickdraw sat and opponent open shoved J8 first hand. I had AJ and it was gg me. Got £44 though so that's ok.
    No good in the other sats.
    Bust 3 mtts but ran deep in mini and main.

Bust in 20th in main in a totally standard 25 bigs spot. AK v 10's
    Bust mini in not so standard spot with QQ v Ak in 7th

Was in 3rd place at the time and there were some really short stacks. Player who was, how do i put this nicely, err, totally crazy, open shoved 26 bigs effective. He'd done the same with 10 7 and a few other interesting holdings. Gotta call obv and got the bad news on the flop. Jim had just popped onto the rail so i guess it was kinda inevitable.

So i'm obv the unluckiest player in the world but i made about £35 so it's ok :)

Oh nearly forgot. Played a few dyms and i think i lost the lot. 10's on a 10 7 3 rainbow board and busting there in a £22 smarted :)
    Really liked how Rowett set Derby up on Friday night. 1st time in a very long time that we totally dominated a game. I fear a bit for Hughes in this system though.
    Local radio seem to think we still can make the play offs. No chance.
    New sticks have arrived and they're great. Played quite well on Saturday. Having another go tomorrow.
    Went pub for 1st time in 6 weeks last night. I've missed the pub.
    Incredibly pleased for CPFC. Railed him for a bit last night and chatted to him on skype on way home from pub. Got abit fed up with hearing the usual "FLOPPED SET" and was quite pleased when my battery went on my phone.
    If nothing else at least he might stop the whining abot running bad. I hate it when people have a moan about being unlucky.
  • edited April 2017
    Another day, another snipe by the forum good guy in a dark corner where not many will see it.
    Cheer up Alan, life isn't so bad really 
    Anyway here it is in all its misery.

"Good shout. Dont forget Irishrover too. At least the majority of the old school on here know who are ok from the good old days and who are just wind up merchants/teachers pets/sad followers from the newer batch on here. 

Careful what you say though mate....Big Brother is watching us all ;)"

There was a great line from Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam that could apply to you

• edited April 2017
    Played a bit last night
    Won 4 out of 8 dyms but I won the right ones so made a profit :)
    Got gifted a buy in at cash which was pleasant 
    Came 8th in £3 rebuy where I ran super good and took a CPFC style amount of heads
    Nothing amazing but a nice little profit on he might 
  • edited April 2017
    Another day, another snipe by the forum good guy in a dark corner where not many will see it. Cheer up Alan, life isn't so bad really  Anyway here it is in all its misery. "Good shout. Dont forget Irishrover too. At least the majority of the old school on here know who are ok from the good old days and who are just wind up merchants/teachers pets/sad followers from the newer batch on here.  Careful what you say though mate....Big Brother is watching us all ;)" There was a great line from Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam that could apply to you https://youtu.be/pSUexc9W9QU
    Posted by Jac35

Trying to pick what group im in .

• edited April 2017
    Nightmare!
    I picked up on this last night and he's done it again today.
    Harry has started talking like his Grandma. She does this bizarre thing that I've never heard before. She adds on pointlessly to every sentence. He's doing the same

Daddy's naughty, he is
    I've done a poo, I have 
    I want more smarties, I do 

Clearly spending too much time with her. Might have to go part time 
  • edited April 2017
    Nightmare! I picked up on this last night and he's done it again today. Harry has started talking like his Grandma. She does this bizarre thing that I've never heard before. She adds on pointlessly to every sentence. He's doing the same Daddy's naughty, he is I've done a poo, I have  I want more smarties, I do  Clearly spending too much time with her. Might have to go part time 
    Posted by Jac35
    The Force is strong with the little one.
  • edited April 2017
    Kids are great :) 
    How is Paul today, have you had a good day, golf coming along nicely? 
    Who do you reckon will win the masters? Seems to be getting tight at the top, I wouldn't be surprised if Speith comes through and wins it on the 17th.