You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Return of the Jac

Comments

• edited February 2017

There's a side story to that typo.

I was 6 tabling last night, for which I need max concentration, I really do.

A kid asked a question of me in the chat box - he had won a £10 DYM but said he had not been paid.

So, in between trying to manage my 6 tables, & that problem where chat ends up being typed into the bet size box, I patiently explained that he HAD been paid, but the balance does not always update itself instantly. He still chuntered, so I suggested he quickly logged out & then logged back in - that does the trick.

Unforch, what with all the tables, & my poor typing skills, my chat box comments were full of spelling errors.

So some wise guy made a rude comment about my spelling, & to top that off, the fella I helped never even bothered to say "thank you". 

For some reason it really got under my skin, & I typed "well I won't bother trying to help in future". Silence followed, lol. It's rare that I allow my emotions to surface, & I regretted it afterwards, but there you go.

Shortly after, I switched across to the NLH tables for my "big" late night session, & had a great night, one of my best ever at NLH. 

That's karma, working it's magic.   

• edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac:
    There's a side story to that typo. I was 6 tabling last night, for which I need max concentration, I really do. A kid asked a question of me in the chat box - he had won a £10 DYM but said he had not been paid. So, in between trying to manage my 6 tables, & that problem where chat ends up being typed into the bet size box, I patiently explained that he HAD been paid, but the balance does not always update itself instantly. He still chuntered, so I suggested he quickly logged out & then logged back in - that does the trick.   Unforch, what with all the tables, & my poor typing skills, my chat box comments were full of spelling errors.   So some wise guy made a rude comment about my spelling, & to top that off, the fella I helped never even bothered to say "thank you".  For some reason it really got under my skin, & I typed "well I won't bother trying to help in future". Silence followed, lol. It's rare that I allow my emotions to surface, & I regretted it afterwards, but there you go.   Shortly after, I switched across to the NLH tables for my "big" late night session, & had a great night, one of my best ever at NLH.  That's karma, working it's magic.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    The one that can get really embarrassing is when you're making a note on a a new player and you mistakenly put it into the chatbox.

• edited February 2017

^^^

Ha, excellent.

Now that WOULD be embarrassing.
  • edited February 2017
    There was a good one the other night. I was railing and chatting to a friend through Skype. It was quite clear that a player who had satted in was desperately trying to ladder. Perfectly reasonable.

My friend had also spotted this and mentioned that he was going to abuse him and put it using quite industrial language.
    He was quite wrapped up in his game.
    He was horror struck that he entered it into the chatbox rather than to me privately 
  • edited February 2017
    Abuse him strategically, rather than any other form hopefully..

No Limit Foldem might not be the worst description of DYMs sometimes.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : The one that can get really embarrassing is when you're making a note on a a new player and you mistakenly put it into the chatbox.
    Posted by Jac35
    Done that a couple of times, I try the 'sorry wrong table' excuse but I don't think it washes!
  • edited February 2017
    There's a side story to that typo. I was 6 tabling last night, for which I need max concentration, I really do. A kid asked a question of me in the chat box - he had won a £10 DYM but said he had not been paid. So, in between trying to manage my 6 tables, & that problem where chat ends up being typed into the bet size box, I patiently explained that he HAD been paid, but the balance does not always update itself instantly. He still chuntered, so I suggested he quickly logged out & then logged back in - that does the trick.   Unforch, what with all the tables, & my poor typing skills, my chat box comments were full of spelling errors.   So some wise guy made a rude comment about my spelling, & to top that off, the fella I helped never even bothered to say "thank you".  For some reason it really got under my skin, & I typed "well I won't bother trying to help in future". Silence followed, lol. It's rare that I allow my emotions to surface, & I regretted it afterwards, but there you go.   Shortly after, I switched across to the NLH tables for my "big" late night session, & had a great night, one of my best ever at NLH.  That's karma, working it's magic.     
    Posted by Tikay10

Hate it when people do that.
  • edited February 2017
    Not nystagmus :)

We don't know what it is yet, Penny has been referred. 
    It was really nice over the weekend to get a few messages from a good friend on here who knows stuff. She was disappointed that a nurse has speculated as to what it might be. She didn't think that it was nystagmus from the symptoms described.
    Was quite reassuring.

Well my long break is nearly over. I've done a bit of railing and have been surprised to see that others have bad beats as well. I thought it was just me that Sky is rigged against.

Gonna have a good bash at poker next month. Very disappointed with how I've played recently and want to prove to myself that I'm not totally hopeless.
  • edited February 2017

That's great news about Penny.
  • edited February 2017
    Good news indeed
  • edited February 2017
    Pen is very tough and resilient with her condition. This one really frightened her though which in turn scared me.
    As a side issue, she does now need glasses.
    Of course she wanted the Jimmy Choos! I could hardly try and persuade her against this time could I?

• edited February 2017
    Pen is very tough and resilient with her condition. This one really frightened her though which in turn scared me. As a side issue, she does now need glasses. Of course she wanted the Jimmy Shoos! I could hardly try and persuade her against this time could I?
    Posted by Jac35
    Aren't Jimmy Choos shoes? In which case you, my friend, have been conned, wp Penny,wp.
  • edited February 2017
    Pen is very tough and resilient with her condition. This one really frightened her though which in turn scared me. As a side issue, she does now need glasses. Of course she wanted the Jimmy Shoos! I could hardly try and persuade her against this time could I?
    Posted by Jac35

Are these the knock off Jimmy Choos that they stock in Derby? 
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Are these the knock off Jimmy Choos that they stock in Derby? 
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    What does she want your shoes for?

• edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Are these the knock off Jimmy Choos that they stock in Derby? 
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Edited :)
  • edited February 2017
  • edited February 2017
    Great news.

I can happily now ask you without any guilt, how are Derby doing? There is a premiership winning manager with local connections in the market for a job if that helps.
  • edited February 2017
    Great news. I can happily now ask you without any guilt, how are Derby doing? There is a premiership winning manager with local connections in the market for a job if that helps.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I think you know how Derby are doing. We're in a mess.
    Since the play off final we have bought maybe 25 players for something like 50 million. It's hard to think of any, other than Ince that has improved us.
    And so McClaren has a big job. We paid massively over the odds for mediocrity. With those big fees come big wages. Whilst we could probably look to to take the hit and sell them on at much lower fees, no one is going to pay them what Derby are. So, they'll see out their contracts
    We can't just keep buying more players. The squad is already huge. Our record signing can't get in the match day squad right now.
    I'm still very happy that it is McClaren in charge.

What happened at Leicester is probably the worst thing that I've ever seen in football. He achieved what should have been the impossible. Who are they going to get who is better? Pardew?
  • edited February 2017
    Far too much FUN in here this afternoon, perhaps this should be moved?
  • edited February 2017
    Not nystagmus :) We don't know what it is yet, Penny has been referred.  It was really nice over the weekend to get a few messages from a good friend on here who knows stuff. She was disappointed that a nurse has speculated as to what it might be. She didn't think that it was nystagmus from the symptoms described. Was quite reassuring. Well my long break is nearly over. I've done a bit of railing and have been surprised to see that others have bad beats as well. I thought it was just me that Sky is rigged against. Gonna have a good bash at poker next month. Very disappointed with how I've played recently and want to prove to myself that I'm not totally hopeless.
    Posted by Jac35
    Great news Jac.
  • edited March 2017
    Well I couldn't help myself and played a couple of hours before I was supposed to.
    Quite pleased i did. Although I only won £25 at dyms I'm very happy. Played really well.
    10/15 was ok and it would have been better but some old boy who was probs on the drink won a few dirty ones.
  • edited March 2017
    I've decided to try and put in a big month. What with the great priority promotions this month etc it seems silly not to.

Made £15 tonight which is amazing and got 400 odd points. Really happy with how i played again. Game is just tough sometimes. Sats were handy. Got into main twice and took the cash *waves at Maxally*
    Satted into Quickdraw as well and should have taken the money ;)

Just bust the £3 rebuy just shy of the money with KK.

About 4 hours ago i was level on the day and had 3 dyms running. A £22 and two £16.50s. On bubble in all 3 with a stack. At the end of those 3 games i was still level on the day :)

One of them in particular was fun. Timmy isn't content with just winning cars.
    He shoved from a very short stack and  flopped a set which is most unusual for him. Then he shoved into my bb with J8 and i called with QQ. I was relatively happy on the Q 6 5 flop, which is an unusual feeling for me to have when all in v Timmy. This was silly of me. Turn and River sent the pot his way and i bust next hand.

Will have another go tomorrow

• edited March 2017
    I've decided to try and put in a big month. What with the great priority promotions this month etc it seems silly not to. Made £15 tonight which is amazing and got 400 odd points. Really happy with how i played again. Game is just tough sometimes. Sats were handy. Got into main twice and took the cash *waves at Maxally* Satted into Quickdraw as well and should have taken the money ;) Just bust the £3 rebuy just shy of the money with KK. About 4 hours ago i was level on the day and had 3 dyms running. A £22 and two £16.50s. On bubble in all 3 with a stack. At the end of those 3 games i was still level on the day :) One of them in particular was fun. Timmy isn't content with just winning cars. He shoved from a very short stack and  flopped a set which is most unusual for him. Then he shoved into my bb with J8 and i called with QQ. I was relatively happy on the Q 6 5 flop, which is an unusual feeling for me to have when all in v Timmy. This was silly of me. Turn and River sent the pot his way and i bust next hand. Will have another go tomorrow
    Posted by Jac35

Standard.

Magic is real.
  • edited March 2017
    I've decided to try and put in a big month. What with the great priority promotions this month etc it seems silly not to. Made £15 tonight which is amazing and got 400 odd points. Really happy with how i played again. Game is just tough sometimes. Sats were handy. Got into main twice and took the cash *waves at Maxally* Satted into Quickdraw as well and should have taken the money ;) Just bust the £3 rebuy just shy of the money with KK. About 4 hours ago i was level on the day and had 3 dyms running. A £22 and two £16.50s. On bubble in all 3 with a stack. At the end of those 3 games i was still level on the day :) One of them in particular was fun. Timmy isn't content with just winning cars. He shoved from a very short stack and  flopped a set which is most unusual for him. Then he shoved into my bb with J8 and i called with QQ. I was relatively happy on the Q 6 5 flop, which is an unusual feeling for me to have when all in v Timmy. This was silly of me. Turn and River sent the pot his way and i bust next hand. Will have another go tomorrow
    Posted by Jac35

Dot com.
  • edited March 2017
    I'm on this diary all the time!
    Neverlucky!!
  • edited March 2017
    I'm on this diary all the time! Neverlucky!!
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    :)

Good luck with the Audi
  • edited March 2017
    Really pleased that it wasn't the news you feared with your missus. Being a Derby fan is tough enough.

Gl at the tables this month, those Jimmy Choo's aren't gonna pay for themselves :)
  • edited March 2017
    May have done moans earlier in the evening. Unlike me but whatever...
    With games regged and lost I was in for around £300
    Won 7 of last 8 dyms which were avg £22s

Cashed in 12th in £11bh 9.30
    AJ v J6 to bust :)

Came 2nd in £3 rebuy for £115 and £28 in heads 

£143 up on night is ok
    895 points is ok too

Moaning it in ftw
  • edited March 2017