You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Return of the Jac

Comments

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac:
    Thank goodness for rakeback. I'm just about breakeven for the month now but that's all down to rakeback. It's been a struggle. With priority all but secured now I've slowed down a bit. Last night whilst the big time players who make multiple final tables each night (Hi Tom) were crushing again, I was booking the win of £3.14 plus £1.20 in rewards. Mtts continue to be toss. Bubbled again last night. Think I've bubbled 4 mtts this month and I've probs only played 20 mtts. Fun stuff keeps happening. After a raise and 3 calls I 3bet out of the bb pretty large with AK. Only caller was the sb. I cbet/got it in and was a little surprised to see the Q5 off. His favourite hand apparently. I can see why, it won. .. At the QMC right now for a routine appointment for Penny. It's bloody cold today. Hospital parking, grrrr. .. Derby on BBC tomorrow. Oh joy. People seem to think we have a chance. I think we'll get battered.
    Posted by Jac35
    This
  • edited January 2017
    Thank goodness for rakeback. I'm just about breakeven for the month now but that's all down to rakeback. It's been a struggle. With priority all but secured now I've slowed down a bit. Last night whilst the big time players who make multiple final tables each night (Hi Tom) were crushing again, I was booking the win of £3.14 plus £1.20 in rewards. Mtts continue to be toss. Bubbled again last night. Think I've bubbled 4 mtts this month and I've probs only played 20 mtts. Fun stuff keeps happening. After a raise and 3 calls I 3bet out of the bb pretty large with AK. Only caller was the sb. I cbet/got it in and was a little surprised to see the Q5 off. His favourite hand apparently. I can see why, it won. .. At the QMC right now for a routine appointment for Penny. It's bloody cold today. Hospital parking, grrrr. .. Derby on BBC tomorrow. Oh joy. People seem to think we have a chance. I think we'll get battered.
    Posted by Jac35
    My money is on you. Leicester missing a few key players and in terrible form against you at home. Deffo can't see a battering (for Derby)
  • edited January 2017
    Good start for the Rams
  • edited January 2017
    Good start for the Rams
    Posted by Lambert180
    Quality goal from Bent, his header was ok too.
    Was a bit frustrated watching the game on Friday. We seem to be too respectful when we play the premier league teams. Our game is normally based on possession but we just humped it a lot on Friday. I don't think we really did ourselves justice.

I'm delighted that McClaren is back but we're nowhere near as good as we were when he was last here. Other teams have the same spending power as us nowadays in this league and we've signed badly over the last couple of years. Play offs would be a great achievement but I think even if we got there we would be big underdogs.

The Martin saga took another twist yesterday. He's signed a new contract with us.
    Bizarre situation
  • edited January 2017
    Poker has improved 
    If I'd just played dyms this month I'd have had a decent start to the year. Pity I did £280 at Derby on the 1st of the month and played the main most nights at the start of the month with no return.

Made priority with a few days to spare and won just under £200 from dyms and rakeback on Friday and Saturday nights. So with rakeback to come I'm £150 up for the month. That's not what I was hoping for but at least it's a bit of profit.

Seen some staggering stuff in the chatbox this last week. Quite unusual for Sky.
  • edited January 2017
    Fed up with this weather. It's just so miserable 
    My sisters a weirdo and loves cold days and then racing home to sit by the fire. Not for me. Give me all year sunshine please, it must be wonderful.
    Maybe when I'm old (er) I'll go live in a warm country and play golf all day.
    Looking at new cars. I love the look of the Evoques but everyone keeps telling me how average they are and the reviews aren't great.
    Look like they'd be easy to get into through :)
  • edited January 2017
    Fed up with this weather. It's just so miserable  My sisters a weirdo and loves cold days and then racing home to sit by the fire. Not for me. Give me all year sunshine please, it must be wonderful. Maybe when I'm old (er) I'll go live in a warm country and play golf all day. .. Looking at new cars. I love the look of the Evoques but everyone keeps telling me how average they are and the reviews aren't great. Look like they'd be easy to get into through :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Don't do it, thats one of those cars that make me think 'why?' everytime I see it. 
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Quality goal from Bent, his header was ok too. Was a bit frustrated watching the game on Friday. We seem to be too respectful when we play the premier league teams. Our game is normally based on possession but we just humped it a lot on Friday. I don't think we really did ourselves justice. I'm delighted that McClaren is back but we're nowhere near as good as we were when he was last here. Other teams have the same spending power as us nowadays in this league and we've signed badly over the last couple of years. Play offs would be a great achievement but I think even if we got there we would be big underdogs. The Martin saga took another twist yesterday. He's signed a new contract with us. Bizarre situation
    Posted by Jac35
    Is he the first player to have a "50p foot"?
  • edited January 2017
    Evoque = a Range rover that has had a safe drop on the roof right?

Not a fan.

Was that Sky_Sam posting about the FA Cup? How did Leeds get on?
  • edited January 2017
    I'm the worst
    Satted into main and ran ridiculously well and didn't take advantage of it. Played in a really disciplined way until...
    In the money and I'm 3/32.
    Make 2 horrendous decisions without enough thought and I bust in 32nd

Idiot
  • edited January 2017
    I'm the worst Satted into main and ran ridiculously well. Played in a really disciplined way. In the money and I'm 3/32. Make 2 horrendous decisions without enough thought and I bust in 32nd Idiot
    Posted by Jac35

I just happened to be watching and can confirm this. 
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : I just happened to be watching and can confirm this. 
    Posted by jordz16
    So much love for this!
  • edited January 2017
    Thank you gents
    Cheered me up no end! :)
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : I just happened to be watching and can confirm this. 
    Posted by jordz16
    Classy
  • edited January 2017
    I'm the worst Satted into main and ran ridiculously well and didn't take advantage of it. Played in a really disciplined way until... In the money and I'm 3/32. Make 2 horrendous decisions without enough thought and I bust in 32nd Idiot
    Posted by Jac35

He who dares Rodders!  WINS!
    We all make them Jac...

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Classy
    Posted by cpfc_2010

I bust the same tourny at the same time as jac and played my hand far worse, 

Im fairly sure Paul sees the comment for what it is.

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : I bust the same tourny at the same time as jac and played my hand far worse,  Im fairly sure Paul sees the comment for what it is.
    Posted by jordz16
    I do
    It's fine mate :)
  • edited January 2017
    Posted by jordz16
    Love it.
  • edited February 2017
    As so often happens the last few games decided how my night went.
    2 £22s and a 2 £16.50s
    Managed to win them and made £58 at dyms for the night. Def a better start to February than it was January. Didn't play well for most of it but won the right games. Played 19 games at different stakes. 
    £5.50s - 2/6
    £11s - 2/5
    £16.50s 4/4
    £22s - 3/4

Had the pleasure of that bloke off the telly for a couple of the £5.50s. Doubt he'll want any more coaching from me after seeing how I played in those games ;)

Did a little sharkscoping on my stats. The ITM one that people on here seem very interested in I've never really looked at before. I'm bang on 59%

I've staked £160,308, which seems quite a lot and so paid out £16032 in rake, which seems a very lot :)
    Max winning streak 18
    Max losing streak 9
    I've had 370 losing days, which seems a lot.
    I only average 13.1 games on days when I play, which seems very small. I was 7/8 tabling tonight. I don't know how so many people play 60+ a day.

I wouldn't mind getting a few of those raffle tickets for the prio promo. 3 seats to aim for there. (Tim obv will get one) :)
    Not sure how often I'll be able to manage the 500 points a day needed though

Got a day off tomorrow which is good news. I've got a pretty bad cold and felt awful today. Could hardly breath last night when I tried to sleep. Wasn't nice 
  • edited February 2017
    As so often happens the last few games decided how my night went. 2 £22s and a 2 £16.50s Managed to win them and made £58 at dyms for the night. Def a better start to February than it was January. Didn't play well for most of it but won the right games. Played 19 games at different stakes.  £5.50s - 2/6 £11s - 2/5 £16.50s 4/4 £22s - 3/4 Had the pleasure of that bloke off the telly for a couple of the £5.50s. Doubt he'll want any more coaching from me after seeing how I played in those games ;) Did a little sharkscoping on my stats. The ITM one that people on here seem very interested in I've never really looked at before. I'm bang on 59% I've staked £160,308, which seems quite a lot and so paid out £16032 in rake, which seems a very lot :) Max winning streak 18 Max losing streak 9 I've had 370 losing days, which seems a lot. I only average 13.1 games on days when I play, which seems very small. I was 7/8 tabling tonight. I don't know how so many people play 60+ a day. I wouldn't mind getting a few of those raffle tickets for the prio promo. 3 seats to aim for there. (Tim obv will get one) :) Not sure how often I'll be able to manage the 500 points a day needed though Got a day off tomorrow which is good news. I've got a pretty bad cold and felt awful today. Could hardly breath last night when I tried to sleep. Wasn't nice 
    Posted by Jac35

Good work, that.

I looked at several of those games, but they all seemed to have 1 too many good players.

• edited February 2017
    Nice nites work and good luck for Feb.
    Im only only avg bout 500-1k points a day so wont get many tickets but like u say how i run still should get one
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Good work, that. I looked at several of those games, but they all seemed to have 5 too many good players.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    FMP.
  • edited February 2017

I did have the brief pleasure of sharing a table with Sir Timmy of the Ra last night.

It all ended in ignominy, when I thought my set of 9's on an A-Q-9 flop was unfoldable.

Meanwhile, & not unreasonably, the fella with a set of aces could not be persuaded to fold.  

• edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : FMP.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That'll teach yah to be still up in the early hours 
  • edited February 2017
    Nice nites work and good luck for Feb. Im only only avg bout 500-1k points a day so wont get many tickets but like u say how i run still should get one
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Thank you sir
  • edited February 2017
    Good news. Feel slightly more human this morning. Watching Dino train.
    Harry is 3 on Sunday and we're having a party.
    I've got a busy day ahead as a lot of work has to go into these things apparently. He seems to have a lot of new big toys for his burthday. This is great because he seems to be really short on toys right now. I mean, he only has a play room and a bedroom full of them. Not to mention the huge amount of toys that are absolutely needed in the living room.

Snagging is finally done. They came round yesterday to do the last few bits. Only trouble is I can't really put off finally emptying the garage of old stuff any longer. Another few trips to the tip beckon
  • edited February 2017
    Well gotta be happy with that. Still feel a bit rubbish and so i'm just going to play the mini rebuy now. Had a good hour at dyms and don't want to push the considerable luck that i had.

£11s - 3/4
    £16.50s - 2/3
    £22s - 3/3

Nice quick £80 profit. Wish it was always like this :)

Chatted a bit to lolly22. Has some very nice stats and has moved up the stakes with great ease.

Bah someone just limp shoved AK like its 1999 v my QQ
    I didn't win :)
    Can't be arssed to rebuy

Book, then bed and then wait for RLT to post on here about 16.50 tomorrow afternoon!
  • edited February 2017
    Harry's birthday party - good
    Poker tonight - bad

Played rubbish all night. Not concentrating enough. Mixing games etc
    Recovered and sneaked into money in the 2 mtts I played and played cash briefly and won a buy in. So just about  broke even.
    Got a pound more in my account than I started with but used £12.20 of tokens.

Not a disaster :)

• edited February 2017
    Good stuff - 632 points

Bad stuff - the rest :)

Played ok. Ran pretty bad but spose that can happen.
    Bubbled mtt early in evening which was annoying. Can't remembee bubbling once last year. Must be 3/4 times already this year.

Dyms were hard work.
    Kept getting hands, kept getting outdrawn. Really shouldn't grumble as i'vr ran ok recently but...
    It's difficult not to get frustrated when you lose the KK v A2s and when people open the 73 and we call and hit top pair  and they open shove twice the pot and their 3rd pair becomes trips on the river :)

Had a good last 45 mins or so and pulled a lot back
    Down £30 on the evening which feels like a win ;)
  • edited February 2017
    Good dym night. Played 12 altogether, won last 7 and made £65 at them
    Played 3 mtts. Main mini and a £11bh
    Bh ans mini no good but had a decent run in main. Went totally card dead and then got a bit tittsed off with someone. I shoved A rag into 2 7 bigs stacks. Bb who's played evey hand and quickly, tanks until last second and calls with AKcc. I hit and he gets there on river. 2 mins later I shove A10 for 8 bigs utg and he snaps A3. Gg me.

Done for the night. Still battling cold. Work until dinner tomorrow and then off until Tuesday :)

Had one pint this month. Need to find a friend and go pub soon.

Derby made 8 changes for last nights game. Didn't really weaken it. We have so many players who are all much of a muchness. Far weaker than we were a couple of years ago before we started spending money. Without Hughes we have no creativity.
    I was so bored watching it and I'm a fan. Must have been pretty dreadful for the neutrals.

I'm talking to myself on here these days but never mind :)